TEW2020 Discussion Thread

With the changes in star quality, does that mean that now if a worker shows up drunk, they might have a little boost in star quality or charisma. Lol.

If anything showing up drunk should seriously drop Star Quality or Charisma. This argument has been had in the suggestions for this game, but seriously being drunk doesn't make you more charismatic. It lowers your inhibition and makes you more likely to slur your words, stumble and just generally make a fool of yourself.

If anything workers should lose Star Quality if they're prone to working drunk.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's right and he should say it!

No, he's not. Once someone buys a copy of the game, Adam no longer has any right to control how the game is played. I'll edit the databases as I see fit, or even make my own. If I want to job Hogan to one of the Mulkey Brothers at Wrestlemania...and ensure the match gets an A+ rating by creative editing, it's no one else's business.

No, he's not. Once someone buys a copy of the game, Adam no longer has any right to control how the game is played. I'll edit the databases as I see fit, or even make my own. If I want to job Hogan to one of the Mulkey Brothers at Wrestlemania...and ensure the match gets an A+ rating by creative editing, it's no one else's business.

I think they were referring to your comment by referencing the Marge Simpson meme, not Ryland's.

I think, anyway.

If anything showing up drunk should seriously drop Star Quality or Charisma. This argument has been had in the suggestions for this game, but seriously being drunk doesn't make you more charismatic. It lowers your inhibition and makes you more likely to slur your words, stumble and just generally make a fool of yourself.

If anything workers should lose Star Quality if they're prone to working drunk.

Yeah, but if you look good and act like superman when you're drunk, you should gain star quality. Some people have that charismatic alter-ego for when they're drunk.

Other's make a fool of themselves and act idiotic. I imagine that Marc DuBois is like that.

Lol, just joking. In all seriousness, they probably should lose charisma and star quality.

"TEW2016 if a worker gains 5 points of Brawling"

I thought they always got like .2 increases. I've never seen anyone raise that much at once, except for psychology when being coached by your mentor. (and that's only temporal :p)

The powergaming nerf is great as well. I believe the game should leave players with loads of freedom and few restrictions, but in some cases it's hard NOT to abuse a mechanic.

Really don't like the snide comment about stopping "cheap power gaming" in the Journal. Once I buy the game, I will play it the way I damn well please. I don't care what Adam or anybody else thinks about what I do, how I do it, or why I do it.

Might not be needed but to play slight peacemaker I read what Adam put as a criticism of the game allowing that, not of the people doing it. Like he's disappointed his own game had something so cheap, but now it doesn't.

Obviously I don't know that but I couldn't imagine anyone would criticise how people play a game they made, I'd assume they'd just be happy that you are playing (and that you paid for it lol)

Whilst I'm here, quick question with this feature

"The health system has been changed so that 0% now indicates a career-ending state rather than being below 30%; this makes the system more intuitive."

Does that mean people will only retire from injury if it hits 0%, or will some people still feel they should retire from injury even if they are at 20% or whatever. I'd have thought some people would be more willing to keep wrestling as their body deteriorates than others who might want to just get out while they are still relatively healthy

Just to jump in before things take an unintended turn.

The power gaming comment is meant more criticism FROM Adam TO Adam for exposed flaws in older systems than can be easily exploited for gains. They were generally unintended and as a result were flaws in a game engine that shouldn't be there. Closing off these flaws will make for a better game all around and for a more accurate simulation of the wrestling world.

Which I like to believe is something we not only want, but all also believe makes for a better game. :)

I just hope Adam don't lose his creative juices from all these snide remarks and negativity. Seems pretty simple, if you don't like the game, don't buy it. 99% of us love what we're reading so far.

You know that you can really like the game and still be critical of it, right?

The point is you shouldn't be able to do what he mentioned. Like Derek said, it was a flaw in the game. Adam is just closing that gap, which for someone like myself, changes nothing. It makes it way more realistic in terms of how workers develop. This is literally a no-brainer change to the game. Nobody instantly improves in one category over night, in ANYTHING you do. It's always a slower transition when it comes to learning. Sure, some people pick up things quicker than others, but without the experience (which isn't ten matches in one night) they'll never fully reach their potential. Nobody is an expert over night. This is the same with wrestling and should be simulated properly.

I think they were referring to your comment by referencing the Marge Simpson meme, not Ryland's.

I think, anyway.

No, I agree with Ryland.

(Like obviously the way you play games is up to you, but I'm not sure you should get all in your feelings when the game developer wants less cheesing)

Games will always be broken and pushed to their limits, which is why people speedrun 30 year old games even today. Nobody is saying you can’t/shouldn’t try and push the game to those boundaries, it’s pretty much expected.

The fact that giving a worker 20 matches in one show was the optimal way for them to gain stats wasn’t a reflection of how the wrestling world actually works, and as such it was fixed to a system that more closely resembles real life. It’s not too different from a dozen other features already announced.

Whilst I'm here, quick question with this feature

"The health system has been changed so that 0% now indicates a career-ending state rather than being below 30%; this makes the system more intuitive."

Does that mean people will only retire from injury if it hits 0%, or will some people still feel they should retire from injury even if they are at 20% or whatever. I'd have thought some people would be more willing to keep wrestling as their body deteriorates than others who might want to just get out while they are still relatively healthy

So, can people no longer die from injuries? I think right now in TEW 2016 it's if it hits 0% then they die.

Also, to comment on this thing about the spamming matches to gain workers stats, I have to say I'm glad this is fixed. I never did this because I like realism in booking simulators (to a certain extent of course). Still, I do consider it cheating to just spam matches to increase a workers stats a lot. Aside from being kind of unrealistic, it's somewhat cheap to do.

I just hope Adam don't lose his creative juices from all these snide remarks and negativity. Seems pretty simple, if you don't like the game, don't buy it. 99% of us love what we're reading so far.

Yea, I don't really get why people would want to voice their opinion on a computer game on an internet forum specifically dedicated to sharing your opinion about that game.

Makes no sense, really.

The fact that giving a worker 20 matches in one show was the optimal way for them to gain stats wasn’t a reflection of how the wrestling world actually works, and as such it was fixed to a system that more closely resembles real life. It’s not too different from a dozen other features already announced.

There being no real downside to making workers do dozens of matches in a row on the same night would have been a much bigger issue, do we know if that is getting fixed as well?

Tournament tracker might be my favourite addition so far. It's not mentioned in there, so I assume not, but can you link a tournament to a tournament title so that when the winner is determined, it instantly awards the title to that person?

Not such a big deal for straight knockout tournaments, as there is a final where you can easily assign the title to the match. But if it's a single group round robin where the winner of the group wins the tournament (is that possible?) then you could have multiple matches on the final show which could determine the title winner

Also for Round Robin, can you choose how many blocks you have and how many qualify from that block? So could I have 4 blocks of 6 with 2 progressing from each block to a knockout format?

Yet another small feature that in reality is a big selling point for me today. I keep being tempted to start a new BCG or GCG save in 2016 but I think this feature has finally broken the camels back in that I'd struggle to play 16 knowing what 20 has. I imagine tournaments will be used by a lot of players but for Puro-style promotions especially they're pretty much essential.

can you link a tournament to a tournament title so that when the winner is determined, it instantly awards the title to that person?

You would have to assign the title manually.

Also for Round Robin, can you choose how many blocks you have and how many qualify from that block? So could I have 4 blocks of 6 with 2 progressing from each block to a knockout format?

There's nothing to stop you doing that under this system, you'd just make one round robin for each block you want, then create an elimination tournament between however many people from each block you want to advance. You'd have to do it manually, but that allows for a massive amount of flexibility.