TEW2020 Discussion Thread

<p>Question, has there been any word on whether or not battle royals have been reworked for TEW 2020? They dont work like they should in 2016 in my opinion. They get penalised for having too many competitors (even in 10 man ones) and get big rating drop offs for putting a few MC and LMC's in there, even though that is completely normal in real life.</p><p> </p><p>

I haven't booked a royal rumble esque match as the main event in TEW in many many years and it is really sad considering that match type is my favorite one to watch.</p>

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dolfanar" data-cite="Dolfanar" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Been watching a lot of classic WWE Network stuff this week from the 70s. Was wondering if it is possible to book best 3 out of 5 falls matches in TEW 2020. The WWWF seemed to have 3/5 Six-man tags on every card back in the 70s...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Book multiple matches in a row. Then just rename them "fall 1" "fall 2" etc... that'll get you the kind of match you're looking for</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="UEWpro" data-cite="UEWpro" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Book multiple matches in a row. Then just rename them "fall 1" "fall 2" etc... that'll get you the kind of match you're looking for</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> With short matches being capped, and the weight of main event grading, no, not really.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bonafide_Bluffa" data-cite="Bonafide_Bluffa" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>was there anything in the dev diary about the ability to give divisions custom names?</div></blockquote><p> Off the top of my head and based on a hot key search no, but it could have been mixed into a section that wasn't labled that and I just dont remember it</p>

Personally hoping for more characters in custom angles. It's unlikely but good for a few people who like to type out full dialogue for Youtube.

Fingers crossed.

This but I'd like to see the full angle description in show history too. Then again, I'm pretty sure Adam said something like this (may even have been about this) would cause the game to have to store far too much data so wouldn't be feasible.

I searched through the dev journal myself and could find nothing about custom division naming.

THIS Im hoping for the main event to enhancement being left in for cosmetic use only as .. I still wanna label my stars to jobbers ...as for example "RVD" major star but only sees him as a upper to midcard. .but still wanna be able to label as so.. as I wouldn't wanna push him into main event even if it says different 😂😂...for example only if it makes sense I don't know made sense in my Mind.

THE MAN vs. the people's champ

tbh i wanted custom division naming solely to make a jobber division. i often hire a handful of no names with high selling/safety/basics to make my guys look good and i was hoping for a way to sort them. i know i can just add them to a random division but was just hoping for custom names to make things easier

tbh i wanted custom division naming solely to make a jobber division. i often hire a handful of no names with high selling/safety/basics to make my guys look good and i was hoping for a way to sort them. i know i can just add them to a random division but was just hoping for custom names to make things easier

Yeah, I get why you'd like this. I'm just gonna continue to update my spreadsheet with where I view people, but I get not everyone likes to play that way.

Stoked.

My question is will there be new renders for the C-Verse? The one hangup I had about playing the CVerse was the lack of uniformity in the style of the renders. Always sent me to the Thunderverse.

Looks like there will be: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2380432&postcount=104

I hope we have an option to increase starting variance in TEW 2020, maybe something like: 'none', 'low' or 'high' -- with 'low' being a small margin as it is now and 'high' ranging anything from four points up or down.

Anything that increases the randomness of each save is good imo.

This would work well with the new scouting system too, as maybe you know Wrestler A has 90 charisma in the data, and Wrestler B has 84, but when you scout them it says: Wrestler A (70 - 92) and Wrestler B ( 74 - 96) with high variance on.

I hope we have an option to increase starting variance in TEW 2020, maybe something like: 'none', 'low' or 'high' -- with 'low' being a small margin as it is now and 'high' ranging anything from four points up or down.

Anything that increases the randomness of each save is good imo.

This would work well with the new scouting system too, as maybe you know Wrestler A has 90 charisma in the data, and Wrestler B has 84, but when you scout them it says: Wrestler A (70 - 92) and Wrestler B ( 74 - 96) with high variance on.

Then do I have news for you!

<p>Question for Adam. </p><p> </p><p>

Do we have a definitive list of Attributes in the game yet? I know in one of the later posts it was mentioned they would be added up until release and there was one that mentioned they would be worked on again. Just wondering if that has been finalised yet.</p>

Do we have a definitive list of Attributes in the game yet? I know in one of the later posts it was mentioned they would be added up until release and there was one that mentioned they would be worked on again. Just wondering if that has been finalised yet.

No there isn't. There were a handful of additions since the last time I gave a list.

I know it's been noted that we shouldn't talk about potential modifications for Total Extreme Wrestling 2020 due to recent issues, but as I'm strictly speaking for myself and nobody else, I just wanted to say that both Territory Daze (1970) and Shifting Sands (2006) will be updated for TEW20. I'm also going to be working on my next project, but I really don't have a clue what that's going to be yet. xD

Awesome news! I could only play 2016 with Territory Daze, I just couldn't get into the feel of the new interface (from 2010) But that mod brought me into the game since I was a kid during that time period. I love that mod.

Thank You

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gazwefc83" data-cite="gazwefc83" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Reading back through the dev journal, and its got me thinking. With the new 'event intent' system and the ability to set events as 'tours' do you think this will mean the AI no longer creates a the 2 days a week tour events that it does in TEW 2016?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If that is the case, it will mean the player has an advantage (which is not bad, i think the "event spamming" thing in 2016 the AI was doing was ridiculous)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Capelli King" data-cite="Capelli King" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If that is the case, it will mean the player has an advantage (which is not bad, i think the "event spamming" thing in 2016 the AI was doing was ridiculous)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Why would the player have an advantage? If all Japanese companies have a full schedule setup in the database and the AI no longer creates extra events then surely the player and AI are equal?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gazwefc83" data-cite="gazwefc83" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why would the player have an advantage? If all Japanese companies have a full schedule setup in the database and the AI no longer creates extra events then surely the player and AI are equal?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Because the player isn't bound by preset schedules.</p>