TEW2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way to do what the NWA or Impact does with tapings, is there? Tape multiple shows in one night.

You will be able to do this in TEW2020.

I copied and pasted this directly from the Developer's Journal. (Entry #31)

Previous entries have already covered how ratings / viewership will be very important in TEW2020, and one of the new features that gels with that is the ability for companies to 'block tape' TV shows. A company can now tape up to four episodes at once. The advantage of this is that it slashes the cost of producing the show (because everything is already in place so there's no need to transport of set-up multiple times), but the disadvantage is that the further ahead a show is taped, the more its ratings are going to get reduced, therefore the company will potentially be losing out on valuable broadcast revenue.

At this time I'm getting a little worried that the rest of the journal is just going to be how it's been for the past few months of "Testing's going good... Yep..." Where has the hype for this game gone? Adam's been incommunicado about the features of this game for a long, long time.

I need some excitement in my life about TEW. Can there be some deeper explanation about the top features of this game, or something? Anything?

At this time I'm getting a little worried that the rest of the journal is just going to be how it's been for the past few months of "Testing's going good... Yep..." Where has the hype for this game gone? Adam's been incommunicado about the features of this game for a long, long time.

I need some excitement in my life about TEW. Can there be some deeper explanation about the top features of this game, or something? Anything?

Yeah, I know it can be a little bit of a let down to get this far into development and not be hearing about big, exciting, new, fun things.... but with the way this game was being designed there was a LOT of stuff that needed to be announced early on to give people a much better idea of how the new game would work. This was needed because of the amount of potential input people can (and have) had when it comes to adding attributes, products and potential quality of life improvements on the huge amounts of new things that have been added.

Without doing things in this order, the game would have had to spring a lot of things on potential players very late into the development cycle. This would mean that some features that could be in would never make it, that some ideas added late wouldn't get tested properly, that the Cornellverse itself wouldn't be built with all of the new suggested content taken into account and so many more potential issues that would have knock on effects to others who mod the game and all players.

So while the hype may not be bulit quite the same as it was before, peaking close to release to get things done... doing it this way has allowed for so much more input from the community and for a release date that can be pinpointed far more accurately due to knowing how much work needed to be done. Journal entries saying that things are going well may not be the most exciting, but it means.... well, things are going well. Features are added, testing on so many new features is showing them to be working and the fine tuning on a lot of major new things is working well. That takes time, but it's worth it and I can't wait for the game to release so that I can stop testing and start PLAYING. :D

Definitely is hard to wait...but this game is supposed to be a pretty significant overhaul of the whole franchise. There has to be a ton of new details to iron out to create things like a more complex AI and a variety of custom options. Just play-testing to balancing out a totally rebuilt framework must take a lot time--all which makes the game better on release day. Maybe it's not sexy, but if it's going smoothly, that means the game is getting close to release and is on-pace for spring.

Idk what yall are talking about. Everytime I hear things are going smoothly and testing is going well, I feel more confident that this edition of TEW is going to be by far the best. The only thing I need to do is figure out how to deal with the Cornellverse. I mean, this is something I've never done. And I'm so excited about this game I'm willing to play a fictional wrestling world over characters I know. I've never done that and I've been playing since EWR. This game has me that pumped. I keep wanting to open '16 and play my WWF game but cant figure out the point in it. I'm so excited to have a cpu that will be able to be competitive against me and develop new stars on their own as well as fill in the auto booking after I put in 2 matches and 2 angles into a show. Not to mention the countless other features.

I'm in the same boat as you. Especially after Cyberpunk 2077 got delayed and broke my heart, Adam's next update could be about what he had for lunch and I'd be okay with it. Hearing that the release date looks like it'll be on time is honestly just as good as any update. All I can think about is playing as the developmental feds and the challenge of that.

Hey Adam, you mentioned at some point that roster sizes were going to be bigger than 2016. Is it possible to please get a bit more detailed info on that for mod-planning purposes?

In terms of exact figures, no - they depend on size, product settings, and owner settings, so other than posting lots of tables of figures there's no way to display that in a post. The general gist is that the rosters are slightly larger than TEW2016, but not to crazy levels. None of this should impact the planning of mods as you can quite easily play around with the owner settings to get to the desired number anyway.

In terms of exact figures, no - they depend on size, product settings, and owner settings, so other than posting lots of tables of figures there's no way to display that in a post. The general gist is that the rosters are slightly larger than TEW2016, but not to crazy levels. None of this should impact the planning of mods as you can quite easily play around with the owner settings to get to the desired number anyway.

Gotcha, thanks.

The demo kinda fills that "pre-release" role anyway, doesn't it? That's what I'm planning to mostly do with it before full release, anyway.

This has me thinking, what would the "Back Of The Box" features look like for TEW2020 if there was one? What do you guys think?

Wow, This is awesome! how will the payoff works?

4 Shows = 4 pay day (if it's Handshake deal) or i would only pay him once as this counts as 1 event?

Adam stated before that the four shows would count as four pay days (I'm pretty sure somewhere in this thread, because I asked the question!). I imagine this is to prevent it from being game breaking. It saves on production costs/venue rentals, etc.. and I think you only pay travel (if you're paying travel) once.