TEW2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, NXT is a brand. Always has been.

Not in TEW mechanics it isn't. :p

If it was a brand in TEW, even as a minor brand, the attendances would be linked to WWE's popularity so would be pretty static. NXT has very demonstrably started very small and has grown over time into a very popular entity in it's own right, showing that (in TEW terms) it's very much still a child company. In that regard, it's a fantastically successful company in it's own right... just one that is owned by WWE.

It's also a place where people go to improve their skills and work at getting better on their weak areas... which is literally what development is for in TEW. This can be muddied a little bit as NXT does hire a lot of people who are nearly the finished article anyway, but the WWE uses the time in NXT to help them get more over as a way to get ready for a call up to the main roster. :p

So yeah... I'm not saying anyone couldn't play NXT as a third brand of the main WWE roster, but they are very clearly a development company under WWE and mods should reflect that. Especially since now you can play as child companies anyway. :)

"Hey yo, I'm gonna need your entire roster for this crazy MSG War Games concept tomorrow. Thanks!"

**slaps borrow from developmental button 50 times***

This bad boy can fit so many over stars in it! :p

Yes, NXT can not accurately be simulated in TEW right now. It's kind of its own thing, outside the restrictions of the binary world of a video game software. Though I feel like 2020 offers enough options and versatility to satisfy all the different schools of thought. If I ever play a modern day save file, which is very unlikely, I will set NXT up as a brand for sure. I will just run the shows at smaller venues as a self-imposed restriction and whatnot. Of course, unrealistic viewer numbers would still be an issue, but oh well. Not like I play modern day files anyway (or know anything about modern day wrestling, to begin with) so this really isn't a big deal to me.

Thanks for all the responses, I got it but I fail to see why it wouldn't be simpler to allow you to book your own child company.

Oh well, not too much of a hassle I guess

I believe the blocker here is just the mechanics of the game, where it's much less to code to not allow it this way, and do it with a 2 player save. From experience playing with a 2 player save, there is almost no delays in doing things. Really, you just advance your turn then take action for NXT.

<p>The one thing I want in 2020 is the ability from WMMA5 to tell people to move to your region so you can sign them.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

In my RTG save, 21CW has released at least six great wrestlers but I can't sing any of them because they don't work in America and they're just sitting their month after month doing nothing.</p>

<p>Going back to an early announcement "Pushes & perception"</p><p> </p><p>

I'm wondering with there will be a button in the editor that show what the workers perception will be be without having to load a new game and check?</p><p> </p><p>

Similar to the button we currently have for company size, I think its estimated company size.</p><p> </p><p>

It would be nice if Adam could possibly confirm or deny this?</p>

The one thing I want in 2020 is the ability from WMMA5 to tell people to move to your region so you can sign them.

In my RTG save, 21CW has released at least six great wrestlers but I can't sing any of them because they don't work in America and they're just sitting their month after month doing nothing.

This was announced in the talk to worker feature

I'm jealous of the testers that have gotten to test/play TEW 2020. I'd assume that is fun but also kind of tough needing to constantly playtest every aspect of the game.

Having worked as a playtester for a different game in the past, believe me when I say there's no reason to be jealous. It's super tedious and tiring, at least if you want to do a good job. It's not the same as casually playing the game for fun.

Having worked as a playtester for a different game in the past, believe me when I say there's no reason to be jealous. It's super tedious and tiring, at least if you want to do a good job. It's not the same as casually playing the game for fun.

I did a few my biggest was rockstar. Was fun but you dig in the game and be un bias. I would do it again but yes not easy.

Do we know if there's chemistry for trios this year? There should be because there are groups like the Elite (Omega, Young Bucks) who work super well together, and it would provide motivation to use three on three matches.

I believe all the new features have been announced. So if it's not in the journal, it's not in the game.

I'm wondering with there will be a button in the editor that show what the workers perception will be be without having to load a new game and check?

No, there isn't. But it's both really easy to work out and, due to the way the system works, completely unnecessary for a database maker to know that information anyway, as you'll see.

Do we know if there's chemistry for trios this year?

No, it was one of the features that didn't have time to be added.

Do we know if there's chemistry for trios this year? There should be because there are groups like the Elite (Omega, Young Bucks) who work super well together, and it would provide motivation to use three on three matches.

I've made that suggestion too in the past, but later discovered via the dirt sheet that in TEW16, tag team experience seems to provide a bonus in trios matches still. It's not the same as chemistry, but to use your example, the Bucks' experience would still help if they were in a trios match with Omega or some other third person.

No, there isn't. But it's both really easy to work out and, due to the way the system works, completely unnecessary for a database maker to know that information anyway, as you'll see.

Agh OK, sounds interesting.

I just didn't want to load a new game and find that Zack Ryder is 'A Major Star' in WWE because I have his popularity set too high for example.

A lot of people seem to forget that it's "work". It's clicking buttons and constantly going back and forth into the editor to see if the correct values change. You're not supposed to have fun with it, though if you do that's obviously a bonus. :D

We've seen now that "generous" devs who open up the beta get a lot of bad publicity and toxic comments from the people. Partly it's on them if they call it "early access" because that makes people assume the game's core is done.

@DatIsraeliGuy: You mean the fixed chemistry in mods? The thing with that it's that it's often debatable. And if you set too much "good" chem, you might get a festival of chemistry, which isn't balanced. I'd fix it for teams, where it's a lot more obvious. For default data, it's left for the user to decide. When I do a "long" game and I get certain forms of chemistry, I tend to reproduce them if I hire the same workers in the next game. Otherwise it'd be a bit weird to grasp.

Man I still don't entirely have my brain around how this is gonna work and it's making it really hard to wait for the demo.