TEW2020 Discussion Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sportsfanmas" data-cite="sportsfanmas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Without reading through all the threads, I'm just gonna ask this: Is there an ETA for TEW 2020 to be released? And based on past versions of TEW, how long would it reasonably be before we could expect to see some real world mods? Thanks.</div></blockquote><p> April is looking good. So, April is optimistic. May-June seems pretty certain. No idea about mods.</p>

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a perfect world, the players booking would shape what the product is. Lots of angles the AI assume it's an entertainment product and so on.... Lots of sex sells angles and matches...the AI assumes it's a T&A based product...

Maybe you'd have to add more road agent notes to cover the behind the scenes effects of products...

So the AI would write what the fans presume the product is based on the players booking.

With having a set product it leaves the player just to find out what the optimal strategy to book towards each product.

In a perfect world, the players booking would shape what the product is. Lots of angles the AI assume it's an entertainment product and so on.... Lots of sex sells angles and matches...the AI assumes it's a T&A based product...

Maybe you'd have to add more road agent notes to cover the behind the scenes effects of products...

So the AI would write what the fans presume the product is based on the players booking.

With having a set product it leaves the player just to find out what the optimal strategy to book towards each product.

Oh, very true. I'd love for it to be dynamic like this. Your booking style would just attract different fan bases based on what it is that you're booking, with different styles having varying popularity levels, etc. And maybe you'd have to keep tabs on the popularity levels, as well, as they would be constantly changing and whatnot.

With the AI now being able to select gimmick matches, will there be a "set to debut" option for match Types to avoid anachronisms?

I think you're misunderstanding the feature. The AI isn't looking at the list of matches the player has, it has its own in-built list. And yes, they look at time, geography, etc.

I think products will surprise people. For instance, this feature:

Secondly, you can now set a Match Focus and Angle Focus. What this does is allow you to tinker with the way show grades are calculated. As most of you will know, currently your matches affect the final rating by taking a certain percentage of the main event, a certain percentage of the best match, and a certain percentage of the remainder of the show. With these new settings, you have the option of altering these ratios. For example, one option is Main Event Spotlight focus: with this, the ratio is 90% of the main event's rating and 10% of the average of the remainder of the matches, which is ideal if you're modelling a company for whom the undercard is pretty much an afterthought. By twinning this with the selection of products you're increasing the depth of what you're able to model.

Players and Mod Makers will be directly controlling how show ratings are calculated. This is a degree of control that you can manipulate based on your booking (or a guide for how you should be booking depending on the presentation you're going for). This will be so much fun to experiment with.

The other thing I want to add to that is this:

The upgrade to this is that each of the products has been custom made. So whereas TEW2016 gave you a list of pros, cons, and effects that were fairly generic, the new system makes sure that each product has been hand crafted to be as accurate as possible, and is therefore much deeper.

This new feature has virtually every combination of of types wrestling that I could draw up from 2016. What it does much better however is tell me the exact effects of making these decisions. Much of the guess work has been eliminated, especially when choosing how the show will grade.

Long story short, I understand that people might feel there's a degree of customization that has been lost. So I will leave this final excerpt from the dev diary on products:

Firstly, I've set it up so that adding new products is pretty easy, so if there is anything missing then it's really easy for me to patch it in after release.

If the community at large feels there's any glaring holes in the release, he'll get it right in post release. He designed it to be patchable.

Anyway, I hope that encourages folks a bit about products. There's a lot to look forward to here. Products feel much more impactful in this game than they have in the past. It's a more complete system as a whole.

A lot of the game is left to the imagination though. If you’re using the same default angles what is to tell the game that this “Promo- Singles” is different in content whether it’s taking place in Chikara or CZW? The product is what guides the content that makes the most basic parts of wrestling stand out between companies. How else would the game know whether this very edgy gimmick is considered the norm to fans or if it’s out of their expectations? You can’t properly grade it then.

If this wasn’t the case you’d have to essentially choose the specific product for each individual segment, instead of a general product the entire company adheres to on default, which you can actually book outside of.

A lot of the game is left to the imagination though. If you’re using the same default angles what is to tell the game that this “Promo- Singles” is different in content whether it’s taking place in Chikara or CZW? The product is what guides the content that makes the most basic parts of wrestling stand out between companies. How else would the game know whether this very edgy gimmick is considered the norm to fans or if it’s out of their expectations? You can’t properly grade it then.

If this wasn’t the case you’d have to essentially choose the specific product for each individual segment, instead of a general product the entire company adheres to on default, which you can actually book outside of.

Road agent notes. It'd be annoying for the player to pick it everytime but they could pick default road agent notes.

Every once in a while WWE does matches and promos that are outside of the traditional product. Shoot style matches, etc.

How is that different from what we have now? You can pick other matches or raise the content level/intensity etc manually, and the crowd reacts based on how your product receives them. There have to be guidelines for what the crowd expects so that they can properly react when you go outside of that box.

I think it should be more flexible and not always a penalty necessarily (the crowd enjoyed the high content in this match, maybe consider doing it more). But unless you’re running an intentionally undefined product then the rules have to be there if only for company perception since it influences sponsorship, trends boost/reduce pop gains based on your product, conservative workers, etc.

I know this is wishful thinking here but I truly hope and wish that my favorite created character which I’ve used a lot in TEW 2016...the son of the legendary Sam Strong, PJ Strong finally makes his appearance in TEW 2020! Would be awesome to see him and Tommy Cornell Jr go at it!

Hehe, doubt he would be interested in the business. Hasn't Alicia Strong already debuted? He'd have made the jump earlier.

Every once in a while WWE does matches and promos that are outside of the traditional product. Shoot style matches, etc.

When was that? Are you referring to the Angle segment? They sometimes get matches with higher workrate in NXT, but shoots?

The AI isn't looking at the list of matches the player has, it has its own in-built list. And yes, they look at time, geography, etc.
Very excited about this feature. I'm presuming that the AI will use gimmick matches most frequently on PPV, only occasionally on A shows and never at all on B shows? With some influence from the product, perhaps?

Also, I'm eager to know if specific finishes be included in the AI match results. In other words, we'll have "Valiant defeated Rogue in a Cage match" but when clicking on the match result, will TEW 2020 also tell us whether Valiant pinned Rogue or escaped the cage first?

Just a quick question if possibly can be answered as I didn't see if it was mention. Will the new "Stable" pictures be 150x150?, was planning on cutting a bunch of stable pictures to add to the other cuts ice made to get a step ahead but wasn't sure if they are gonna be the same size as wrestler pictures.

Tha k you for your time :) ... p.s. can't wait for april 😃😃

Just a quick question if possibly can be answered as I didn't see if it was mention. Will the new "Stable" pictures be 150x150?, was planning on cutting a bunch of stable pictures to add to the other cuts ice made to get a step ahead but wasn't sure if they are gonna be the same size as wrestler pictures.

Tha k you for your time :) ... p.s. can't wait for april 😃😃

I'm pretty sure that it is the same size. I don't think it's been specifically mentioned but I vaguely remember, at least a while ago, seeing something about all of the pictures still being 150x150 so I assume that goes for the stables as well.

I'm pretty sure that it is the same size. I don't think it's been specifically mentioned but I vaguely remember, at least a while ago, seeing something about all of the pictures still being 150x150 so I assume that goes for the stables as well.

Ya I seen that too.. just wasn't sure about in the stable pictures were gonna follow suit as well .. didn't wanna make hundreds of cuts and not be any good to use for em 😁😁😁

Question About Contracts

Sorry if this has been asked already or I missed something in the dev journal, But can a small company offer a written PPA deal to a worker? Like could a company like MAW offer that type of contract to a worker, or will it be like in 2016 where workers won't sign written deals will smaller companies