TEW2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="StayRudeStayRebel" data-cite="StayRudeStayRebel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I sign a wrestler on a written PPA contract, and he decides to also work for a bigger company then me, will the bigger company still get to use him first if we have a show on the same date?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If they want to book him on that date, yes. Remember that in this iteration if they aren't used on the show by the bigger company you can still book them.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If they want to book him on that date, yes. Remember that in this iteration if they aren't used on the show by the bigger company you can still book them.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks, that's what I figured.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Munit" data-cite="Munit" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does anyone know if tag team title history will include the teams name now? For example : The Dudleys (D-von & Bubba Ray) Beer Money (Robert Roode, James Storm)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't imagine so. I think that would have been announced.</p>

Following today's journal, I hope Adam is able to make TV-only companies work financially. Given that most of WWE's income is coming from television revenue these days, and that PPV seems to be on a slide everywhere, it would feel out-dated to me to have to rely on monthly PPV shows like in TEW'16.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Self" data-cite="Self" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Following today's journal, I hope Adam is able to make TV-only companies work financially. Given that most of WWE's income is coming from television revenue these days, and that PPV seems to be on a slide everywhere, it would feel out-dated to me to have to rely on monthly PPV shows like in TEW'16.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think you're misunderstanding the post - it's not about whether they're on pay-per-view or not, it's that RAW are entirely weekly TV shows and no events that's the issue as it means they don't get a monthly 'bump'. Not having PPV isn't an issue - you'll notice that USPW don't have that and they were in the first example as a company that do financially very well.</p>

Gettin down to the finances! Hope it can be harder for larger companies to just spend, spend spend, and never worry about making less than 2 million a month. I want a tighter budget for that. Seems like a tough thing to balance though. But, I suppose a boulder that's rolling downhill collects momentum faster & longer than a boulder being pushed up a hill.

I think you're misunderstanding the post - it's not about whether they're on pay-per-view or not, it's that RAW are entirely weekly TV shows and no events that's the issue as it means they don't get a monthly 'bump'. Not having PPV isn't an issue - you'll notice that USPW don't have that and they were in the first example as a company that do financially very well.

So would an AEW, with 4 'events' per year, suffer in this game with its current balance? Or WWF when it only ran the big four?

So would an AEW, with 4 'events' per year, suffer in this game with its current balance? Or WWF when it only ran the big four?

It would depend entirely on the context. I don't see why AEW would have any issue given that they have both TV income and four sets of PPV revenue a year, but that depends on how much they're paying their talent, for obvious reasons. Similarly, four sets of massive PPV a year for a 1980s WWF might or might not be enough, it depends how much they're shelling out on big contracts, how much they're making off TV specials, their merchandising, etc, etc. As I think I've outlined in my posts, there a ton of different variables and situations involved.

Dammit Adam, you got me excited thinking that TCW wasnt dead at first when I saw their name on the blog post. Oh well, gonna have to wait it out a little longer to see I guess

Anyways, kinda hope the finances this year allow for more companies to be competitive in bidding wars. Too often in my current save I see someone like CGC or OLLIE jump every big name that comes available but they never actually sign of them

I have a grave concern about "Money, Money, Money" update post.

My fear is that with the AI always begging for raises, it won't take very long to cap out what a WWE size company can offer, and you'll be forced to give everyone creative control and even that won't work for very long - it will make the game miserable for many, and people will just use the editor to reset contract wages every week after promising the maximum money the game will permit you to offer (let alone that you can actually make).

Maybe make wrestlers asking for raises an "optional feature" to separate the Gamists from the Simulationists and appease both crowds?

I have a grave concern about "Money, Money, Money" update post.

My fear is that with the AI always begging for raises, it won't take very long to cap out what a WWE size company can offer, and you'll be forced to give everyone creative control and even that won't work for very long - it will make the game miserable for many, and people will just use the editor to reset contract wages every week after promising the maximum money the game will permit you to offer (let alone that you can actually make).

Maybe make wrestlers asking for raises an "optional feature" to separate the Gamists from the Simulationists and appease both crowds?

The workers can't ask for raises when they have a written contract. If they are under a written contract in 2020 they cannot ask for a raise, so you don't run into that issue of them asking for raises during the contract.

The game also doesn't have the maximum money cap anymore.

Dammit Adam, you got me excited thinking that TCW wasnt dead at first when I saw their name on the blog post. Oh well, gonna have to wait it out a little longer to see I guess

I think the only way TCW can be ended is if their parent company, the toy manufacturer, declares bankruptcy, and then USPW buys them out to get their history on the network.

If not, why would the Toy company buy it only to shut it down 3-4 years later? :p

(Note: This is all just me trying to deny the fact that TCW could in fact be dead. I hope not. :D:D)

<p>Quick question about independent wrestling. The journal says </p><p> </p><p>

"To add to this, the frequency of indy shows is now linked directly to the free agent pool in that area. The more free agents there are, the more indy shows are going to happen. With a huge pool, it's possible to get 8 shows (4 normal, 4 women's) per month at maximum with this new system"</p><p> </p><p>

By "free agents" does that mean unemployed, or non-exclusive workers? If you had an area with 200 non-exclusive workers but 0 unemployed, would you get the max amount of shows, or none at all?</p><p> </p><p>

Also is there no all-Male independent shows? Just wondering as in that scenario in journal won't it mean women have a better chance to gain experience and develope if they have a chance of appearing on all eight shows, but men can only appear on four?</p><p> </p><p>

Cheers</p>

<p>Free agents means people without a contract.</p><p> </p><p>

You'd still get independent shows even if everyone was on a non-exclusive deal, it'd just be limited to the bigger ones as the smallest level is only for true free agents.</p><p> </p><p>

I don't see there being an issue with women getting more chance to develop, it's not like there aren't vastly more employment opportunities for men, and most independent shows would be heavily male biased in terms of bookings.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Free agents means people without a contract.<p> </p><p> You'd still get independent shows even if everyone was on a non-exclusive deal, it'd just be limited to the bigger ones as the smallest level is only for true free agents.</p><p> </p><p> I don't see there being an issue with women getting more chance to develop, it's not like there aren't vastly more employment opportunities for men, and most independent shows would be heavily male biased in terms of bookings.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ok cool, that makes sense! Just wanted to make sure I was understanding it correctly for mod making purposes. Thanks for that</p>

<p>This new money update seems really promising. I can't wait to see what it would be like doing a (throwback) B2G game in a setting like this and have to get over that beginning bump in the road that's inevitably going to come. I'm curious if the market is terrible and you're starting a lower level promotion, can you find yourself in an almost impossible situation where you're consistently losing money no matter what you try?</p><p> </p><p>

Either way, I'm stoked.</p>