The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

Toni Storm is still brilliant and the real star of the women's division
Bunkhouse Brawl was really fun last night.
New Elite v FTR/PAC was a great match, agree with Milamber easy MOTN
Boy have I missed PAC, easily one of my favourite wrestlers
Collision in general a great show leading into a stacked PPV.

Last few months i have stopped reading wresting takes online, and have just been watching what i enjoy, amazes me people find ways to complain when the wrestling world is probably in the best state its been in for a generation.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, The Otter said:

Toni Storm is still brilliant and the real star of the women's division
Bunkhouse Brawl was really fun last night.
New Elite v FTR/PAC was a great match, agree with Milamber easy MOTN
Boy have I missed PAC, easily one of my favourite wrestlers
Collision in general a great show leading into a stacked PPV.

Last few months i have stopped reading wresting takes online, and have just been watching what i enjoy, amazes me people find ways to complain when the wrestling world is probably in the best state its been in for a generation.

Best way to watch a show (wrestling or otherwise).

• Like 2

AEW is great if you just want good exhibition matches with no purpose behind why people are fighting other than just the spirit of competition. Where they come undone recently is their inability to tell stories - and that stems from a number of things - primarily the wrestlers getting injured due to doing too much physically on a TV show.

Let me make this clear -I DO NOT hate AEW - I was at one time a massive supporter of what they were doing but I also like a good story as to why your big stars are fighting and right now their biggest storyline is "I want the title". I've said it before, TK started off playing on Pro mode but has recently switched it to Sandbox mode. They need to ignore what WWE are doing (they will never achieve what WWE has - not for at least 15-20 years), write some longterm stories with people who don't get injured every 6 months and really give their product a push by streamlining that roster. Yes exhibition matches should still appear in the midcard and as a way to help elevate new stars but start using the big stars in proper feuds - like they did with MJF - that don't feel like a one and done "dream match". AEW needs to get away from pleasing just a niche fanbase and try to grow it into a proper TV wrestling show... anyway I've rambled long enough.

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

No stories or purpose? I think that's an unfair criticism, considering there were quite a few matches last night that were built up story-wise. Now, someone might not LIKE all the particular stories (Roderick Strong vs. Kyle O'Reilly- the bland guy who was in NXT vs the bland guy who was in NXT!), but that's a separate issue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

No stories or purpose? I think that's an unfair criticism, considering there were quite a few matches last night that were built up story-wise. Now, someone might not LIKE all the particular stories (Roderick Strong vs. Kyle O'Reilly- the bland guy who was in NXT vs the bland guy who was in NXT!), but that's a separate issue.

Firstly lets put your post into context as you've missed vital parts of my post out for some random reason.

I said "no purpose behind why people are fighting other than just the spirit of competition" <--- [that there is important for context] (which is a purpose). Not that they have no purpose.

Also, I said "their inability to tell stories - and that stems from a number of things - primarily the wrestlers getting injured due to doing too much physically on a TV show." - again - it's in plain text. Not that there are no stories.

11 hours ago, Fleisch said:

AEW is great if you just want good exhibition matches with no purpose behind why people are fighting other than just the spirit of competition. Where they come undone recently is their inability to tell stories - and that stems from a number of things - primarily the wrestlers getting injured due to doing too much physically on a TV show.

Let me make this clear -I DO NOT hate AEW - I was at one time a massive supporter of what they were doing but I also like a good story as to why your big stars are fighting and right now their biggest storyline is "I want the title". I've said it before, TK started off playing on Pro mode but has recently switched it to Sandbox mode. They need to ignore what WWE are doing (they will never achieve what WWE has - not for at least 15-20 years), write some longterm stories with people who don't get injured every 6 months and really give their product a push by streamlining that roster. Yes exhibition matches should still appear in the midcard and as a way to help elevate new stars but start using the big stars in proper feuds - like they did with MJF - that don't feel like a one and done "dream match". AEW needs to get away from pleasing just a niche fanbase and try to grow it into a proper TV wrestling show... anyway I've rambled long enough.

1 hour ago, Fleisch said:

Firstly lets put your post into context as you've missed vital parts of my post out for some random reason.

I said "no purpose behind why people are fighting other than just the spirit of competition" <--- [that there is important for context] (which is a purpose). Not that they have no purpose.

Also, I said "their inability to tell stories - and that stems from a number of things - primarily the wrestlers getting injured due to doing too much physically on a TV show." - again - it's in plain text. Not that there are no stories.

It's wild to me that less than 24 hours after a successful AEW PPV we get posts like this. It's wild to me how under the microscope AEW is, and how many people jump in to like or join in on any negative criticism whether it's true or not. I'd wager a lot of people who love liking comments or posting do so in response to videos they see on social media or headlines they read rather than actually watching the show.

Let's touch on your main points as to why AEW Is in such a worse place now than it was before:

"no purpose behind why people are fighting other than just the spirit of competition"

Let's run through the AEW Dynasty card. shall we?

Matt Sydal vs. Trent Beretta
No story for this match other than a brief exchange the Dynamite before, but it was used to build to the OC/Trent storyline that started around a month ago.
Katsuyori Shibata & Orange Cassidy vs. Shane Taylor Promotions (Lee Moriarty & Shane Taylor)
Short TV story over a couple of weeks between Shibata and the STP guys.
(C) Billy Gunn & The Acclaimed (Anthony Bowens & Max Caster) vs. (C) Bullet Club Gold (Austin Gunn, Colten Gunn & Jay White)-AEW World Trios / ROH World Six Man Tag Team Championship Match
Story has been going since after World's End (close to 5 months), and has a ton of history from another year long storyline involving Acclaimed and the Ass Boys from over 2 years ago.

PPV Card:

(C) Hook vs. Chris Jericho-FTW Championship Match
Story has been moving every week since Revolution, more than just a spirit of competition/I want a title feud.
(C) Roderick Strong vs. Kyle O'Reilly-AEW International Championship Match
Story has been moving every week since Revolution, more than just a spirit of competition/I want a title feud.
(C) Kazuchika Okada vs. PAC-AEW Continental Championship Match
Story has been closer to what you describe - PAC wants the belt and so he got into it with Okada and the Elite (who he has years of history with), and they build to this match through matches and fights through the past month.
(C) Toni Storm with Luther & Mariah May vs. Thunder Rosa-AEW Women's World Championship Match
Story has been moving since Revolution, with a ton of history between the two related to the end of Rosa's reign.
Adam Copeland, Eddie Kingston & Mark Briscoe vs. House Of Black (Brody King, Buddy Matthews & Malakai Black)-Six Man Tag Team Match
Mark Briscoe has been feuding with the HOB since the beginning of the year (close to 4 months now). Eddie pulled in due to friendship w/Mark and Copeland pulled in due to being targetted by HOB.
The Young Bucks (Matthew Jackson & Nicholas Jackson) vs. FTR (Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood)-Vacant AEW World Tag Team Championship Tournament Final Ladder Match
Don't think this needs any clarification
(C) Julia Hart vs. Willow Nightingale with Stokely Hathaway-AEW TBS Championship House Rules Match
Julia has been feuding with Willow/Stat since BEFORE she won the title which is over 6 months ago - I think that would qualify as long term storytelling?
Bryan Danielson vs. Will Ospreay
A match where people are fighting for the spirit of competition! A match that was announced over a month in advance and in the recent week+ of Dynamite has clearly turned into something beyond just a friendly match. Considering the post-match angle and the heating up of DCF/BCC this is just the start of a feud anyway. And if any match gets a pass for "not having enough storyline", this is one that gets a pass.
(C) Samoa Joe vs. Swerve Strickland with Prince Nana-AEW World Championship Match
Swerve, who I guess I need to remind you is just coming off an inconclusive stop to his 8 month long term storytelling feud with Hangman Adam Page has been focused on winning the World title since after World's End (so over 4 months), and this was the culmination of it.

A 12 match PPV card where every major match (-1 if you don't count Ospreay/Danielson) has had a story beyond "I want to be the best" or "I want to win your title". Care to compare to any other modern wrestling promotion's PPV and the depth/amount of storylines associated with their matches?

So I reiterate, what exactly is your point? If you said that "I don't like the storylines AEW has done recently, they have not been good or enjoyable to me" - that's fine! But saying that AEW doesn't have storylines other than spirit of competition is just blatantly false if you actually watch the show.

When you post blatantly false takes like this, especially when you do so in a way that makes it seem like you aren't being malicious, just fires up the trolls who don't actually watch the show either and think what you are saying is true!

"their inability to tell stories - and that stems from a number of things - primarily the wrestlers getting injured due to doing too much physically on a TV show."

I'm not even going to step into AEW's "inability to tell stories" since that's patently not true, so let's tackle the wrestlers getting injured due to doing too much physically on a TV show.

AEW MAJOR INJURIES TO TOP STARS:

Kenny Omega - Diverticulitis, unrelated to AEW in-ring style. His injury DID derail the current storyline he was in
Adam Cole - Ankle, freak accident unrelated to AEW in-ring style. His injury hurt the storyline's payoff but AEW went forward with the long term storyline they had planned (for better or worse)
Jamie Hayter - wear and tear/shoulder, nothing concrete as to why or how she got injured. You could say it was because she was "doing too much physically on TV" I guess? 
Britt Baker - wear and tear/back, nothing concrete as to why or how she got injured either. Another you could probably chalk up to just wear from wrestling.

That's the 4 top stars in the men and women's division who are currently injured, and at least for the men it has nothing to do with a too intense TV match style. I'm not going to run down every single injury that's ever occurred in AEW, but if you think it will prove your point you can feel free.

I hate that I keep getting baited into responding to posts like this, but I will reiterate this before people think I'm just jumping in to "defend AEW" like some billionaire stan. I enjoy AEW and AEW has it's faults. BUT there is a very vocal minority across all wrestling social media which just blatantly spread around bad-faith takes and nonsense, and people who are critical of AEW latch on without really knowing whether the bad-faith comment was even the truth!

PSA: It is OK to not like a wrestling promotion, or product, or match, even if other people like it! But:

The fact you did not like a match does not mean it was objectively bad.

The fact that you do not like a storyline does not mean it didn't happen.

The fact that you don't like a wrestling promotion does not mean it is dying or going out of business.

Edited by John Lions
  • Like 6

My easy to read final response to your monolithic monologue.

I WATCHED THE PPV. I WATCH DYNAMITE/COLLISION NEARLY EVERY WEEK.

I DID NOT SAY I DISLIKE AEW.

I DID NOT SAY I THINK THEY HAVE NO STORYLINES.

I DID NOT SAY I DID NOT LIKE THE PPV.

I DID NOT SAY I DID NOT LIKE THEIR MATCHES.

I DID NOT SAY THEY SERVE NO PURPOSE.

I DIDN'T "BAIT" YOU INTO ANYTHING. YOUR EGO OR NEED FOR CONFRONTATION DID THAT.

You just posted chapter and verse trying to prove me wrong on things I haven't said or implied (or by twisting my very few words to fit your narrative) so you clearly need a win more than I do - you can have it. Hope it makes your day that little bit better. Have a lovely evening.

• Like 1

I’m saying this early (and potentially unnecessarily) because I have no intentions of watching this thread like a hawk in between work. 

Play nice or don’t play at all. It’s fine to not be a fan of something, it’s fine to give criticism towards AEW or critique points raised. In an ideal world, people would watch what they like and be done with it but such is the modern way on the internet. 

That was a pretty good show, not one of their best PPVs because they have a stacked back catalogue at this point

Okada/Pac easily my MOTN, so good and showed we need to get this mf Pac back to the top of this biz

Ospreay/Danielson awesome but the ending deflated me personally and lessened my enjoyment 

Toni and Rosa I loved, Rosa is so good

Hook/Jericho Jesus Christ, get both of these guys out of the company for entirely different reasons 

• Like 4

Just having some sort of context for the match and a story is different things. If AEW was a Japanese style touring promotion, it would have been awesome, but it's first and foremost a weekly TV show oriented promotion. Yes, PPV's are mostly nice, AEW probably has the best 'in-ring' men's matches in America but storyline wise this is not it.

I am happy I got to see Ospreay and Danielson put on a 'banger' and I am thankful that it happened, but would have been even more great if there was more to it than just stable Vs Stable thing before it. I could say the same for Claudio Vs Ospreay as well, since it was a semi-dream match for a lot of people, including me for example. 

Joe/Swerve/Hangman is a great example of the storyline where it's an 8-month feud (as you have stated) and it had a lot of individual moments, but it just didn't feel like an 8-month epic mega feud. Julia/Willow/Statlander thing has been going for so long, it doesn't need to be. I am sure people will label Willow/Mone feud as 2-3 long month feud because that's when they first interacted before their match at the next PPV when they have barely interacted 2–3 times since Mone debut for the past month. (Ignoring NJPW connection for a minute). Ass Boys/Bang Bang club has been going on so long, 'Hottest free agent' Jay white has transformed into a lower card goober just by the association.

These months and years long feuds don't do much for me when it feels like some should have been resolved in a couple of months at best - some of these feels like artificially lengthy feuds - if they were in TEW, they would not be hot enough to pass the product requirements. It's not like AEW can't do storylines, they have shown they can do these long storylines really well when it needs to be - MJF/Cole felt silly, but it was entertaining - Hangman/Kenny/Bucks saga was great! MJF/Punk was what 4–5 months long? It was great!

Then there are great shorter stories as well - Mox Vs Kenny, Mox Vs Inner Circle or Pac Vs OC - these lasted what couple of months? They were neat! Need more stuff like this over these elongated feuds which don't even feel like stories.

Early AEW was brilliant at using storylines and knew where to stop and start feuds, how to handle them, exceptions was Codyverse.

I don't get it why some fans jump to extreme that everyone is saying AEW is dying. Until AEW has a TV deal, it will not die, until those 150k faithfuls keep buying PPV's it will not die, until TK has his inheritance and interest, it will not die, doesn't matter what anyone says or whatever happens on the screen.

• Like 2

I thought Dynasty was a really strong show overall. One of those 8/10 AEW PPV's where half the matches really shine. Ospreay versus Danielson didn't pop me out my shoes but I did think it had some superb sequences. The main event was all about Swerve, Joe deserved a run and belongs in the lineage but I think we all knew he was something of a transitional champion. It was wonderful to see PAC in fine fettle and I pray he stays healthy -- he is very underrated as far as the great wrestlers of this generation go.

I do wonder what they do next. How long can they realistically keep Ospreay out of the title scene? It seems a given he should challenge at All In but I don't know who else should challenge Swerve at Double or Nothing. Yes, Hangman, but he's 0-1-2 against Swerve haha... Not exactly a super credible challenger even though the story is there and it's all very natural.

I'm stoked for Moxley versus Hobbs on Wednesday. It briefly crossed my mind how awesome it would be if Hobbs has a strong showing and earns himself a spot in the G1 this summer.

• Like 1

Okay, I think I'm starting to get it. I had to reread Fleish's comments several times to get close. It's the same complaint I see sometimes about current AEW. It's unfocused. And...yes? At this point it's clearly a deliberate booking choice. And honestly I kind of like it? Prioritizing in ring action over out of ring storytelling, I mean. The storytelling that AEW uses exists primarily to make matches happen. That's why the storylines can feel a little disjointed. The creative team isn't attempting to create a smooth, easily flowing narrative anybody could follow. To be clear, it's not that they can't do it. They've obviously shown that they can. However, they're not operating according to TV show rules, or even wrestling TV show rules (which WWE and WCW drilled into the wrestling fandom's heads rather mercilessly). The appeal of AEW isn't and never has been that they're going to tell the audience stories. Despite all the Chikara alumni, it's not that type of promotion. I've always seen AEW as an attempt at adapting a more workrate heavy style to the American television format. Putting the wrestling back in pro wrestling. We can disagree about what exactly that means, but there's no denying that AEW is enamored by the stories told inside the ring much more than the ones told outside of it. So, generally yes, the out of the ring stuff will be relatively simple and unfocused. It's fitting of a company owned by a IWC nerd who has equally nerdy wrestlers helping him run it. Dunno about TK, but the Bucks and Kenny have always struck me as deeply passionate about the in ring artistry, psychology, and whatnot.

I'll point to Jay White to make my point as hard as possible. Is he palling around with midcard goobers? Kinda, yeah. Is he one? Nope. Why? Name someone who's pinned or submitted him specifically. Name someone who's kicked out of his finish. AEW books top guys so they don't take losses or look weak against lower level talent (with the usual exceptions for size and strength disparity, naturally). Jay could be maneuvered into challenging Swerve on Wednesday and I'd immediately buy it as he was a threat to a previous World champ in MJF and he does a lot of either winning or looking strong (the heel definition of this can be a little flexible, just roll with it). Once you see how Switch is being booked, you can see the same method at work to varying degrees across the roster. This is why it's exciting when PPV time comes, because guys who rarely lose and generally look strong are about to collide. AEW almost never books cheap finishes like DQs, countouts, and no contests, so when this happens somebody's getting definitely beat. And the big tag matches take lessons from puro by usually having whoever's the lowest positioned worker on a given team take the pin, thus protecting their partners.

Anyway, tl;dr. AEW's about ring psychology, athleticism, and cool moves because it's a company owned and run by wrestling nerds in love with in ring artistry. As such, the level of consistent, focused out of ring storytelling is not up to many people's expected standard. Me, I think it's okay enough. But I have ADHD, so my existence on this planet is inconsistent and unfocused. So what do I know?

• Like 5

6 hours ago, parkereddy said:

Hook/Jericho Jesus Christ, get both of these guys out of the company for entirely different reasons 

First off, since internet discourse is the way it is, I need to make clear that I'm asking about your opinion here, not challenging it.

I get why a lot of people are sick of Jericho right now, but what is your issue with Hook?

12 minutes ago, Croquemitaine said:

First off, since internet discourse is the way it is, I need to make clear that I'm asking about your opinion here, not challenging it.

I get why a lot of people are sick of Jericho right now, but what is your issue with Hook?

When I read the comment, I took it to mean that it would give Hook a different (bigger?) audience to perform for. I keep up with AEW through results and here, and pretty much every report I've read has fans tired of Jericho. Since it said for different reasons, I guess I took it to mean that it would be to Hook's benefit to leave AEW. I've also heard rumors that WWE are interested in Hook.

20 minutes ago, Croquemitaine said:

I don't have an issue with Hook, I love Hook and I think he should move on to somewhere he's not losing to Jericho

• Like 2

I'm still trying to comprehend what possible benefit HOOK would have losing the title like that and looking like a chump against a gassed and botch-prone Chris Jericho. 

Fine, he would won it again in the next month and yay, he win this feud. But if that's the case, why even losing it in the first place other than getting a 50/50 style of booking? 

I only hope that HOOK can recover from this blunder of a match and feud, and get away from Jericho as soon as possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GooverDan said:

I'm still trying to comprehend what possible benefit HOOK would have losing the title like that and looking like a chump against a gassed and botch-prone Chris Jericho. 

Fine, he would won it again in the next month and yay, he win this feud. But if that's the case, why even losing it in the first place other than getting a 50/50 style of booking? 

I only hope that HOOK can recover from this blunder of a match and feud, and get away from Jericho as soon as possible.

AEW really should've stepped in to prevent Jericho from working with Hook.

Jericho is clearly toxic right now, and needs to go away -- not drain momentum from one of the company's biggest stars. 

If they're going to make a match between the two, have it be a one-off where Hook beats Jericho cleanly in six minutes and move on. 

(Hopefully, it was Jericho's idea to work with Hook, and not AEW's. AEW setting that up would not reflect well on the company)

Edited by ColdBloodedSausageMaker
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, John Lions said:

So let's tackle the wrestlers getting injured due to doing too much physically on a TV show.

AEW MAJOR INJURIES TO TOP STARS:

Kenny Omega - Diverticulitis, unrelated to AEW in-ring style. His injury DID derail the current storyline he was in
Adam Cole - Ankle, freak accident unrelated to AEW in-ring style. His injury hurt the storyline's payoff but AEW went forward with the long term storyline they had planned (for better or worse)
Jamie Hayter - wear and tear/shoulder, nothing concrete as to why or how she got injured. You could say it was because she was "doing too much physically on TV" I guess? 
Britt Baker - wear and tear/back, nothing concrete as to why or how she got injured either. Another you could probably chalk up to just wear from wrestling.

AEW has several main eventers with extensive injury histories and/or in their forties. Even if they were running a WWE sports-entertainment product, AEW would do best saving their big stars for big shows. 

AEW is running against a bigger, more established promotion. They had to bring in older guys to draw a rating.

Because of age or other reasons, a lot of AEW guys are injury prone.

Bryan Danielson is on the wrong side of 40 has spent a bunch of time on the shelf -- to the point where he's retiring largely due to injuries. He probably shouldn't be wrestling a bunkhouse match on Collision.  

Will Ospreay (relatively) recently considered retiring at 30 due to extensive injuries. He shouldn't be going 15 minutes against midcarders on free TV. 

Kenny Omega and Adam Cole also have spent a lot of time on the shelf. When they come back, AEW should definitely book them better. 

Chris Jericho is 53 and has to be considering retirement soon.

Eddie Kingston is 42 and has spent a significant part of his career working death matches. Samoa Joe is 44 and has been wrestling for 20 years at a high level. 

There's a better way for AEW to do things.

Edited by ColdBloodedSausageMaker
  • Haha 1

My theory is that AEW's easier schedule is actually the reason for more injuries. Between WrestleMania 39 and WrestleMania 40, Cody Rhodes wrestled 129 matches. Sami Zayn clocked up 99 by my count and Finn Balor hit 96. Most of these cats in AEW are wrestling once a week or once every two weeks. I can well imagine that you get into the best possible ring shape by always being in there and taking bumps. You adjust to it and you get used to it and it's actually a problem when your body isn't going through the ringer as often as it used to be.

• Like 3

On 4/23/2024 at 6:57 AM, Mootinie said:

I thought Dynasty was a really strong show overall. One of those 8/10 AEW PPV's where half the matches really shine. Ospreay versus Danielson didn't pop me out my shoes but I did think it had some superb sequences. The main event was all about Swerve, Joe deserved a run and belongs in the lineage but I think we all knew he was something of a transitional champion. It was wonderful to see PAC in fine fettle and I pray he stays healthy -- he is very underrated as far as the great wrestlers of this generation go.

I do wonder what they do next. How long can they realistically keep Ospreay out of the title scene? It seems a given he should challenge at All In but I don't know who else should challenge Swerve at Double or Nothing. Yes, Hangman, but he's 0-1-2 against Swerve haha... Not exactly a super credible challenger even though the story is there and it's all very natural.

I'm stoked for Moxley versus Hobbs on Wednesday. It briefly crossed my mind how awesome it would be if Hobbs has a strong showing and earns himself a spot in the G1 this summer.

Ospreay should be #1 Contender so I say they pull the trigger at DoN. Callis Family get involved. Swerve a huge 1st title defense and it moves along Ospreay's story of splitting from DCF and trying to convince Kyle to leave with him. Swerve/Hangman and Swerve/Ospreay at 2 of All Out/Full Gear with Ospreay winning the title.

Edited by milamber

3 hours ago, Mootinie said:

My theory is that AEW's easier schedule is actually the reason for more injuries. Between WrestleMania 39 and WrestleMania 40, Cody Rhodes wrestled 129 matches. Sami Zayn clocked up 99 by my count and Finn Balor hit 96. Most of these cats in AEW are wrestling once a week or once every two weeks. I can well imagine that you get into the best possible ring shape by always being in there and taking bumps. You adjust to it and you get used to it and it's actually a problem when your body isn't going through the ringer as often as it used to be.

That should be mostly an issue for the women who are lucky if they get 10 minutes of action every fortnight. Also enhancement talent who only get bought in for occasional TV jobs. Top guys like Mox, Danielson, Swerve and OC are wrestling consistently and the lower card talent have the option of working the indies between TV appearances to stay sharp and earn more money.

Edited by milamber
  • Like 1

- Sydal vs Trent - Should have had a 3rd women's match in this spot. ***
- OC & Shibata vs STP - *** 1/2
- BCG (c) vs AssClaimed (c) - Terrible rap from Castor. Billy is booked too strong. Give Bowens a singles push. - ***

- PAC vs Okada (c) - **** 1/2
- HoB vs Kingston, Briscoe & Copeland - *** 3/4
- Willow vs Julia (c) - Did well to work around Julia's injury. New Champ! ***
- KOR vs Roddy (c) - ****
- Jericho vs HOOK (c) - Went too long but FTW rules made it interesting. *** 1/4
- Rosa vs Toni (c) - Longest women's PPV match in ages and Toni's best title defense. Loved Rosa dropping the face paint while Toni covered her face in white powder. - **** 1/4
- Danielson vs Opreay - My MOTN and a MOTY Contender. Danielson's selling at the end was god-tier. - *****
- Young Bucks vs FTR - Scapegoat! Tough spot after the last match but they put their bodies on the line to keep the crowd engaged. - **** 1/2
- Swerve vs Joe (c) - Now it really is Swerve's house! - **** 1/4

Good PPV with several standout matches. Might have set a record for title changes.