WWF 1991: I Don't Have a Catchy Name

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading the responses and pondering this a bit more with a fresh mind, considering I posted this query at after 2 AM my time, here's what I've decided about my proposed changes:

1.) Other than the rare championship match, there would be no worker photos or match grade graphics for weekly TV. These would be reserved for PPVs only.

I've changed my mind completely on this one, and have decided that the worker photos and match grade graphics aren't really time consuming enough to need to drop.

2.) I would no longer be including word for word interview segments for weekly TV, with very few exceptions. I've been trying to cut back on these lately anyway, so this may not actually end up being that noticeable. **There would still be quotes from wrestlers in some interview segments, just the entire interview wouldn't be written out word for word.

This will be implemented as stated.

3.) Moving forward, I would only be using the in-game match summary, with maybe a sentence or two added where necessary, for all match descriptions. Even for PPVs. I would possibly make an occasional exception for one of the following:

- Long-built PPV main events.

- The Royal Rumble match, although it still probably wouldn't be as detailed as the first one I did.

- Worker debuts during PPV matches.

- Things like the Conquistadors/Texas Tornado spot from Summerslam, since they would be a little more tricky to properly sum up in just a few sentences.

This is of course the toughest one, since it's the main thing that really ramps up the time needed to keep this dynasty going. But what I've decided on here, is a compromise for this compromise:

If I have a specific idea for a more detailed or interesting match description, and have time to add it, I will. If I don't, I won't. It's that simple. The rest of 1991 could then look like this, for example:

September SNME: All matches just have the in-game summary.

October SNME: 4 matches have the in-game summary and 5 matches have my standard match write ups.

Survivor Series: In-game summary for 1 match and full write ups for all the others.

December SNME: All matches just have the in-game summary.

Basically, everything will just be done on a case by case, as my free time permits basis.

4.) I would eliminate the "Backstage before the show", "Post-show Notes", "The Next Day" and "Top 5 In-Ring Performances" sections from weekly TV results, unless something very interesting happens. They would still be included for PPVs though.

I've also changed my mind completely on this one, and have decided that it isn't really time consuming enough to need to drop.

5.) I would also be eliminating the "Other Wrestling News" section completely. Again, unless something very interesting happens.

This will be implemented as stated.

6.) I would no longer include specific event arenas or cities, attendance numbers, or TV ratings in weekly TV results. They would still be included for PPVs though.

Finally, I've changed my mind completely on this one too and have decided it's worth keeping, since it doesn't really take that much time to add. Also, the example show I typed up under my proposed new formatting looked a little bare without it.

So that's my plan for the time being, and like I said before, I hope to continue this dynasty until TEW 2020 is released. I probably still won't be posting at the speed I was previously, but I should still be able to get a couple weeks worth of TV up each week. I hope!

Ok, I love this period of wrestling. This is the time that got me hooked and you are doing a fantastic take on it. I'm really happy you're carrying this on.

Regarding having to implement changes, do whatever you need to do to make you want to carry on writing. As soon as it becomes a chore or too time consuming your enthusiasm will wane and the quality will drop. The overall stories are what's important and you've done a great job telling them.

• 3 weeks later...

<p>Been reading through this over the last week or so and it's definitely one of the best real-life diaries I've seen - I love how well you capture people's voices! Stunning storylines with Taker/Warrior/Piper/Sullivan and the Rockers/Pillman being my favourites, but Ricky Steamboat as a heel is awesomely done too.</p><p> </p><p>

Obviously real life comes first but if you do carry on with this, I'll definitely be reading regularly now.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, I love this period of wrestling. This is the time that got me hooked and you are doing a fantastic take on it. I'm really happy you're carrying this on.

Regarding having to implement changes, do whatever you need to do to make you want to carry on writing. As soon as it becomes a chore or too time consuming your enthusiasm will wane and the quality will drop. The overall stories are what's important and you've done a great job telling them.

Thanks for the kind words BC!

Really glad that you decided to continue this diary. I'm also looking forward to seeing what you do with the women's division.

Thanks Steamboat! Hopefully I can do it justice, since the women's talent pool is a bit shallow in the early 90s.

Been reading through this over the last week or so and it's definitely one of the best real-life diaries I've seen - I love how well you capture people's voices! Stunning storylines with Taker/Warrior/Piper/Sullivan and the Rockers/Pillman being my favourites, but Ricky Steamboat as a heel is awesomely done too.

Obviously real life comes first but if you do carry on with this, I'll definitely be reading regularly now.

Thanks Jaded! That really means a lot to me!

Well, I know it's been radio silence from me for over a month, but as "promised", this diary will continue! And hopefully, someone will still be around to read it after such a long break!

Now I know I said I wouldn't promise any dates going forward, but I'm going to make a one-time exception for this situation, and say that I plan on posting the next show either Monday or Tuesday of next week. From there I hope to be able to get a few shows posted per week and keep this going up through the release of TEW 2020. Of course only time will tell if it works out that way, but that's the plan.

<p>WWF Saturday Night's Main Event: Backlash</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>"Ravishing" Rick Rude and Vader w/ WWF Champion "Macho King" Randy Savage & Sensational Queen Sherri </strong>vs. Bret "Hitman" Hart and Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart w/ "Nature Boy" Ric Flair & Miss Elizabeth</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Comments:</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bam Bam Bigelow w/ The Dragon</strong> vs. Hulk Hogan</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Big Boss Man and Sgt. Slaughter </strong>vs. WWF Intercontinental Champion Nikita Koloff and Dmitri</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

WWF World Tag Team Championship</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Legion of Doom w/ Paul Ellering ©</strong> vs. The Conquistadors</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Mr. Perfect and The Texas Tornado w/ Larry Hennig vs. <strong>Paul Orndorff and Terry Funk</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Army of Darkness members Kevin Sullivan and Smash w/ Paul Bearer</strong> vs. The Ultimate Warrior and Dino Bravo</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

WWF Women's Championship Tournament Finals</p><p> </p><p>

Lioness Asuka vs. <strong>Rockin' Robin</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Koko B. Ware and a female partner of his choosing vs. <strong>Larry Zbyszko and Madusa</strong></p><p> </p><p>

**If Madusa and Zbyszko win, Commissioner Graham might still consider letting Madusa face the WWF Women's Champion at October's Saturday Night's Main Event.**</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Bonus Questions</p><p> </p><p>

1...Who will Koko B. Ware's partner be?</p><p> </p><p>

2...Will Marty Jannetty be cleared to compete in the Street Fight with Shawn Michaels?</p><p> </p><p>

2b..If so, who wins?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Answers:</p><p> </p><p>

1.) <strong>Bull Nakano</strong></p><p> </p><p>

2.) <strong>Yes</strong></p><p> </p><p>

2b.) <strong>Michaels</strong></p>

<p>Tag Team Grudge Match Main Event</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>"Ravishing" Rick Rude and Vader w/ WWF Champion "Macho King" Randy Savage & Sensational Queen Sherri</strong> vs. Bret "Hitman" Hart and Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart w/ "Nature Boy" Ric Flair & Miss Elizabeth</p><p> </p><p>

Comments:</p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

Bam Bam Bigelow w/ The Dragon vs. <strong>Hulk Hogan</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Tag Team Grudge Match</p><p>

Big Boss Man and Sgt. Slaughter vs. <strong>WWF Intercontinental Champion Nikita Koloff and Dmitri</strong></p><p> </p><p>

WWF World Tag Team Championship</p><p>

<strong>The Legion of Doom w/ Paul Ellering ©</strong> vs. The Conquistadors</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mr. Perfect and The Texas Tornado w/ Larry Hennig</strong> vs. Paul Orndorff and Terry Funk</p><p> </p><p>

"War with The Warrior" Tag Team Grudge Match</p><p>

Army of Darkness members Kevin Sullivan and Smash w/ Paul Bearer vs. <strong>The Ultimate Warrior and Dino Bravo</strong></p><p> </p><p>

WWF Women's Championship Tournament Finals</p><p>

<strong>Lioness Asuka</strong> vs. Rockin' Robin</p><p> </p><p>

Intergender Tag Team Match</p><p>

Koko B. Ware and a female partner of his choosing vs. <strong>Larry Zbyszko and Madusa</strong></p><p>

**If Madusa and Zbyszko win, Commissioner Graham might still consider letting Madusa face the WWF Women's Champion at October's Saturday Night's Main Event.**</p><p> </p><p>

Bonus Questions</p><p>

1...Who will Koko B. Ware's partner be?</p><p>

2...Will Marty Jannetty be cleared to compete in the Street Fight with Shawn Michaels?</p><p>

2b..If so, who wins?</p><p> </p><p>

Answers:</p><p>

1.) <strong>Candi Devine</strong></p><p>

2.) <strong>Yes</strong></p><p>

2b.) <strong>Shawn Michaels</strong></p>

<p>WWF Saturday Night's Main Event: Backlash</p><p> </p><p>

Saturday, Week 4, September 1991</p><p> </p><p>

From Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena in Los Angeles, California</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Tag Team Grudge Match Main Event</p><p> </p><p>

"Ravishing" Rick Rude and Vader w/ WWF Champion "Macho King" Randy Savage & Sensational Queen Sherri vs. <strong>Bret "Hitman" Hart and Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart w/ "Nature Boy" Ric Flair & Miss Elizabeth</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

Bam Bam Bigelow w/ The Dragon vs. <strong>Hulk Hogan</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Big Boss Man and Sgt. Slaughter vs. <strong>WWF Intercontinental Champion Nikita Koloff and Dmitri</strong></p><p> </p><p>

WWF World Tag Team Championship</p><p>

<strong>The Legion of Doom w/ Paul Ellering</strong> © vs. The Conquistadors</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mr. Perfect and The Texas Tornado </strong>w/ Larry Hennig vs. Paul Orndorff and Terry Funk</p><p> </p><p>

"War with The Warrior" Tag Team Grudge Match</p><p>

Army of Darkness members Kevin Sullivan and Smash w/ Paul Bearer vs. <strong>The Ultimate Warrior and Dino Bravo</strong></p><p> </p><p>

WWF Women's Championship Tournament Finals</p><p>

<strong>Lioness Asuka </strong>vs. Rockin' Robin</p><p> </p><p>

Intergender Tag Team Match</p><p>

Koko B. Ware and a female partner of his choosing vs.<strong> Larry Zbyszko and Madusa</strong></p><p>

**If Madusa and Zbyszko win, Commissioner Graham might still consider letting Madusa face the WWF Women's Champion at October's Saturday Night's Main Event.**</p><p> </p><p>

Bonus Questions</p><p>

1...Who will Koko B. Ware's partner be?</p><p>

2...Will Marty Jannetty be cleared to compete in the Street Fight with Shawn Michaels?</p><p>

2b..If so, who wins?</p><p> </p><p>

Answers:</p><p>

1.) Bull Nakano</p><p>

2.) yes</p><p>

2b.) hbk</p>

Tag Team Grudge Match Main Event

"Ravishing" Rick Rude and Vader w/ WWF Champion "Macho King" Randy Savage & Sensational Queen Sherri vs. Bret "Hitman" Hart and Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart w/ "Nature Boy" Ric Flair & Miss Elizabeth

Comments:

Grudge Match

Bam Bam Bigelow w/ The Dragon vs. Hulk Hogan

Comments:

Tag Team Grudge Match

Big Boss Man and Sgt. Slaughter vs. WWF Intercontinental Champion Nikita Koloff and Dmitri

Comments:

WWF World Tag Team Championship

The Legion of Doom w/ Paul Ellering © vs. The Conquistadors

Comments:

Tag Team Grudge Match

Mr. Perfect and The Texas Tornado w/ Larry Hennig vs. Paul Orndorff and Terry Funk

Comments:

"War with The Warrior" Tag Team Grudge Match

Army of Darkness members Kevin Sullivan and Smash w/ Paul Bearer vs. The Ultimate Warrior and Dino Bravo

Comments:

WWF Women's Championship Tournament Finals

Lioness Asuka vs. Rockin' Robin

Comments:

Intergender Tag Team Match

Koko B. Ware and a female partner of his choosing vs. Larry Zbyszko and Madusa

**If Madusa and Zbyszko win, Commissioner Graham might still consider letting Madusa face the WWF Women's Champion at October's Saturday Night's Main Event.**

Comments:

Bonus Questions

1...Who will Koko B. Ware's partner be? Bull Nakano

2...Will Marty Jannetty be cleared to compete in the Street Fight with Shawn Michaels? Kayfabe no, but it will still happen

2b..If so, who wins? Michaels

Answers:

1.)

2.)

2b.)

Just wanted to let everyone know that this is still coming as promised. I thought I could maybe have SNME: Backlash posted by today, but it just isn't going to work out. I'm well on my way to being finished with it though, so keep your eyes peeled. Thanks for reading!

Great Backlash!

I believe this is the first time I have seen this diary pop up, It's fantastic. What a great show that was, can't wait for more.

Good show fella.

Thanks guys. I truly appreciate it!

Got to love old school WWF

I know I do!

PS. First week of TV for October 1991 should be up soon.