I know you didnt make this game to be a historical simulation. I know your focus is in the c-verse more than anything else. However, a solid amount of your customers do play the historical mods as their main source of enjoyment from your product. I, myself being one of those kinds of customers.

So my question is, could you let a couple of the historical mod makers in on the testing so that they can get to work on making their mods? It doesnt have to be all the mid makers getting access. Just the most popular one or 2 that put out the best content.

Please?

Since Adam doesn't publicize who is on the testing team, some of them may already be on it. Regardless, Adam tends to release a demo a few weeks prior to release with a fully functioning editor. That gives them time to convert their data and start working on adjusting things as needed to at least get a beta out by release time. Also Adam has said that he has converted a few mods himself to test how much is needed to be changed, and confirmed that the game does a good job converting the old data into the new game systems and therefore would cut down on the time needed to get a data set fully up and ready.

I know you didnt make this game to be a historical simulation. I know your focus is in the c-verse more than anything else. However, a solid amount of your customers do play the historical mods as their main source of enjoyment from your product.

I'd say about 80%. Even on here, where the most c-verse players are, the real world players outnumber them. Off this website, theres relatively few playing c-verse. The focus IS to simulate realistically, whether its the past, the present, or the c-verse. C-Verse is just a database, but it shares the same base rules as any other wrestling universe. You only hear the C-Verse excuse come out when TEW fails in certain areas to replicate Real World. But its wrong and dishonest to act like that is some kind of design choice. If you read the journal, its clearly aimed at fixing those failings.

I'd say about 80%. Even on here, where the most c-verse players are, the real world players outnumber them. Off this website, theres relatively few playing c-verse. The focus IS to simulate realistically, whether its the past, the present, or the c-verse. C-Verse is just a database, but it shares the same base rules as any other wrestling universe. You only hear the C-Verse excuse come out when TEW fails in certain areas to replicate Real World. But its wrong and dishonest to act like that is some kind of design choice. If you read the journal, its clearly aimed at fixing those failings.

Well said. I remember asking (probably something dumb) for a "real world" specific feature when I first found this sight, and getting basically chastised for trying to emulate something WWE was doing and that the game was all about the C-Verse and that I shouldn't be watching WWE as TnA was such a better promotion to watch (yeah, in retrospect that might be hard to believe, but it's true). Before I replied Adam stood up for me and handled the situation, basically saying something very similar to what you just did and not understanding how my simple question deserved such a response.

I personally had a hard time getting into the C-Verse as far as playing, and at the time I couldn't get into anything really besides D. Boon's Ghost (DOTT).

When I finally started playing the C-Verse I started liking it quite a bit, because it gives you a freedom you don't have with real world characters/workers. See.. In the real world you try and match things up to how you think they would handle it, and if you run across someone you're not as familiar with, you might hesitate and try to look up info on them to figure it out, especially if you're doing a diary. With the C-Verse it doesn't matter... you're free because no one has seen a live version of them.

It always sees to me that most people play CVerse.

I'm sure he releases the game when it's ready. Finished and tested. Not before. I guess he could delay the full game's release a few weeks. That would give mod makers a head start while working on a complete database.

I've always believed most players buy for real world mods. With only a subset of hardcore players falling in love with the CVerse and posting a lot on these forums. If the game had a shorter shelf life (annual releases, competition) I could understand the need to hit the ground running. But TEW20 will be around for many years. Loads of time to get what it needs.

Nothing would be accomplished by doing this. Adam isn't going to hire someone to test a game to work on a mod. How much focus would go to testing? Also, if the mod maker has issues with the game and presents them to Adam, why would they edit the mod to fit the game in its current state? It's best to just create a small team and focus on creating a single product with a specific vision.

NB If you're starting a thread with "So Adam..." that's a pretty good indication that it should be in a PM.

No, I will not be giving out early access to select mod makers. That not only wouldn't be fair, it'd be a dumb move given that it would guarantee that I'm going to annoy every single mod maker that I didn't choose. Every mod maker will get access at the same time, that's the rule.