First thing you gonna do in tew2020

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>I'll do what I always do, and spend like a year and half modding before ever starting my first savegame lol. And then I play for a month, figure out what I need to tweak, tweak that stuff, and then it's been another year and a half, and oops, a new TEW is announced before I ever got a chance to do a proper save.</p><p> </p><p>

And then TEW 2020 is going to feel outdated once I finally have a database, so I can't play. This is the TEW life for one TeemuFoundation. Every time. I like it, though!</p>

My first move every new game release is exactly the same. Start a save with SWF that will serve as my permanent reference file for the game's (or computer's as the case might be) entire life cycle. Then once it's open I'll explore all the new character changes, do some mental booking to get in the flow of the new world and see who grabs my attention. Then once I have the flavor of the new C-Verse, that's when I start deciding where I'm going to base my training fed and who's going to comprise the original roster.

I'll do what I always do which is

1. Look at what companies are still alive and pick TCW

2. Spend a couple hours scrolling through roster pages, title history, check stats, etc

3. Go on a spending spree of everyone I like who isn't signed and shortlist people I want

4. Set up my alliances

I'll do what I always do which is

1. Look at what companies are still alive and pick TCW

2. Spend a couple hours scrolling through roster pages, title history, check stats, etc

3. Go on a spending spree of everyone I like who isn't signed and shortlist people I want

4. Set up my alliances

The first three are likely me, too. I haven't done much with alliances. I may make a save just to experiment with tournaments. Eventually, I'll find a 70's or 80's mod or convert the one I'm playing in TEW2016 now.

My game plan is to start 3 games, one Japan save(hoping and praying that BCG will still be alive), one US lower level save(MAW or NYCW depending on what I'm feeling), and one cult or high promotion(Would really like that to be CGC). Take turns on all three one month at a time and see the differences between them. Pretty excited!

<p>Up until a little while ago I had only dipped briefly into the Cornellverse. Over the past few months I've played a few games of varying lengths in the CV, trying out different companies to learn the world and whatnot. It's been great - only downside is now I have an affinity for like 5 different companies and their rosters which will make picking my first TEW20 save a real bitch, haha.</p><p> </p><p>

But as with a few posters above, in saying that it will just end up being TCW, should it still be alive.</p>

I don't know what I'll check first: the top 100 of 2016/2017/... or the ranking of the companies.

Just now I realized I know next to nothing about the years since 2010, given I almost exclusively play the '97 mod since that version of the game. :p

So the next weeks will be spend familiarising myself with the current state so I can be awed at the upcoming changes. Not that it matters, as I'll probably go back to the '97 mod again from day1.

I exclusive play real-world mods, so I suppose the first thing I'll be doing is waiting to see which one of these releases first.

I might have to do some comparison though, as I want to play as a UK company and try and sign only talent from the British Isles to begin with.

Does anyone know which real-world mod is the best for amount of choice and quality of realism in the UK by any chance?

I exclusive play real-world mods, so I suppose the first thing I'll be doing is waiting to see which one of these releases first.

I might have to do some comparison though, as I want to play as a UK company and try and sign only talent from the British Isles to begin with.

Does anyone know which real-world mod is the best for amount of choice and quality of realism in the UK by any chance?

I recommend trying a Cverse game if you never have. The game runs so much smoother with Cverse than a Real World mod

I recommend trying a Cverse game if you never have. The game runs so much smoother with Cverse than a Real World mod

I second this. I used to be exclusively Real World until 2016 came out and played Cverse until a decent RW mod came out. Really enjoyed spending a month or so playing as TCW. Really satisfying. Give it a shot.

I recommend play my mod i will realease new ( last update for Tew 2016 ) on april it will have 10 companies from UK and about 170 english wreslers

I second this. I used to be exclusively Real World until 2016 came out and played Cverse until a decent RW mod came out. Really enjoyed spending a month or so playing as TCW. Really satisfying. Give it a shot.

Strangely I never would've considered this until I saw how good the renders people have made on here are. Really gets across personality well and helps bring fictional characters to life!

May have to give it a go. Still want to create my 'BritWres Reborn' promotion though, the UK deserves a big company with weekly live TV someday.

This is all I ever do. I'm 12 years into a save starting in April 2017. I used that RW mod from Fleisch. I can't comment on other mods, but hiring only British isles workers does have it challenges at first. I have an added challenge of only hiring middleweight or above wrestlers. I relax that rule sometimes but don't tend to push lightweights into the title picture.

This is all I ever do. I'm 12 years into a save starting in April 2017. I used that RW mod from Fleisch. I can't comment on other mods, but hiring only British isles workers does have it challenges at first. I have an added challenge of only hiring middleweight or above wrestlers. I relax that rule sometimes but don't tend to push lightweights into the title picture.

Sounds interesting! I've been using TheWho's updates recently, and while I'm super impressed at the depth of the people included (quite a few that I've trained with that surprised me, with the exception of Jamie Hayter which didn't :p) I can't help but notice that large bulks of the wrestlers seem to have identical stats, which hurts my immersion a bit and makes it hard to decide who to pick up (I'm still not sure exactly how the growth works).

I'll probably start an organic game starting in January of 1900 and just play through until a real world mod comes out. That'll give me a good idea of how much differently the game is ran, how workers progress over time, if workers starting from scratch with no training can help make wrestling better when they retire and train the next generation and so on. Or I'll probably spend the entire trial week updating a real world mod. Only being able to play through 2 months makes that week pretty much pointless for me. I already know I'm gonna love the game if I've loved every single one in the past through the EWR days.