Tag Teams / Stables / Naming Thread Suggestions

• 4 weeks later...

Trying to name a future top homegrown wrestler. If it helps, he's a white wrestler from Canada training in Japan however. I gave him Wardlow picture. I love names like Jay Lethal, Randy Savage, Sid Vicious and my favorite name in all of wrestling is probably Blackjack Mulligan.

Another thing I'd love help on is for a faction, for my japanese company. It currently features Shinsuke Nakamura, Masato Tanaka & Tetushiro Kuroda. Don't wanna go for CHAOS, but maybe something similar.

Edited by Suplewich

3 hours ago, James The Animator said:

Here are two names I came up with for your Canadian rookie off the top of my head: Bobcat Andrews, Damian Dynamite.

As for your faction, it’s a cliche, but you could call them the Heavy Hitters (playing into strong style). Another name I devised in my TNA save that I like is The Emergency. It’s vaguely threatening, and there’s also the theme of stars emerging from the shadows.

I forgot to mention his current name, my bad. His name is Travis Cooper. I would love to be able to keep the "Cooper" as the last name. However, I really like Dynamite Damian. If we can't find anything with Cooper in the name, I'll likely go with it!

Also great idea for the faction name. I wanted something like these as its name. Thank you very much for all the help.

3 hours ago, Suplewich said:

I forgot to mention his current name, my bad. His name is Travis Cooper. I would love to be able to keep the "Cooper" as the last name. However, I really like Dynamite Damian. If we can't find anything with Cooper in the name, I'll likely go with it!

Also great idea for the faction name. I wanted something like these as its name. Thank you very much for all the help.

Cooper Chaos

14 hours ago, Suplewich said:

Cooper Trooper?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, James The Animator said:

After contributing to this thread many times over the years, I now need your help in naming a tag team. This is for my 2013 TNA save. The current-day Viking Raiders were both unemployed, so I picked them up. I wasn’t sure how I was going to debut them, but I have decided that they are going to be back-up for Magnus, who has recently turned heel. I know it’s a weird group, but I was just fascinated at the idea of these two huge vikings wearing suits. Anyway, I don’t think War Machine (their ROH name) fits them with this gimmick. Do any of you have good ideas? I’m trying to do a JBL dynamic with Magnus (rich bully who runs from his challengers), so anything red carpet or finance-related would work.

A synonym for viking is Corsair, maybe Corsair Inc?

9 hours ago, James The Animator said:

After contributing to this thread many times over the years, I now need your help in naming a tag team. This is for my 2013 TNA save. The current-day Viking Raiders were both unemployed, so I picked them up. I wasn’t sure how I was going to debut them, but I have decided that they are going to be back-up for Magnus, who has recently turned heel. I know it’s a weird group, but I was just fascinated at the idea of these two huge vikings wearing suits. Anyway, I don’t think War Machine (their ROH name) fits them with this gimmick. Do any of you have good ideas? I’m trying to do a JBL dynamic with Magnus (rich bully who runs from his challengers), so anything red carpet or finance-related would work.

The Blockchain?

10 hours ago, James The Animator said:

Reaver Security

• Like 1

Now that I have cleared my mind of the "Vik Inc" idea, I have other suggestions:

The Huskarls (the name of the elite guards of King Cnut), or if you prefer the anglicized version, The Housecarls.

The Guard

The Varangians (one of the elite group of vikings mercenaries who defended the Byzantine Empire)

Jomsborg Inc. (again, related to a group of Viking mercenaries)

So I sort of had a happy accident. I started Dallas Championship Wrestling (found a logo online, not sure if it originated here) in one of the alternate CVerse mods. Anyway, I've hired a bunch of dudes from the independent scene, including Jamie Atherton, Morgan Malone, Spencer Edmund, and Aaron Knight. I also ended up hiring some managers and just by chance, Malone, Edmund, and Knight got Heather B. Well, while looking around at bios today, I realized that Atherton and Heather B were paired up in ACPW and that all of these guys are from ACPW. So I decided to have the three underlings join with Atherton, put Heather B back with Jamie Atherton as well, and put the title on Jaime since he's one of my top guys.

However, now I need a name for them. They're all Canadian, all also working with ACPW, and all managed by Heather B. Spencer Edmund and Morgan Malone are the tag team since they have good chemistry and Aaron Knight is just someone I've been working to make more popular (he's now well-known, up from basically 0 pop across the US 6 months ago). I've thought about doing something along the lines of the Canadian Invasion, but my head-canon is more that that's just a common bond, rather than an actual theme of the group. The main point of the stable, in my mind, is to for these guys to prop up Jaime Atherton, so right now, I'm just using Atherton Inc as a stand-in name, but I'm not exactly happy with it. 

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas, I'm down to hear them. 

19 minutes ago, ElChorizo said:

So I sort of had a happy accident. I started Dallas Championship Wrestling (found a logo online, not sure if it originated here) in one of the alternate CVerse mods. Anyway, I've hired a bunch of dudes from the independent scene, including Jamie Atherton, Morgan Malone, Spencer Edmund, and Aaron Knight. I also ended up hiring some managers and just by chance, Malone, Edmund, and Knight got Heather B. Well, while looking around at bios today, I realized that Atherton and Heather B were paired up in ACPW and that all of these guys are from ACPW. So I decided to have the three underlings join with Atherton, put Heather B back with Jamie Atherton as well, and put the title on Jaime since he's one of my top guys.

However, now I need a name for them. They're all Canadian, all also working with ACPW, and all managed by Heather B. Spencer Edmund and Morgan Malone are the tag team since they have good chemistry and Aaron Knight is just someone I've been working to make more popular (he's now well-known, up from basically 0 pop across the US 6 months ago). I've thought about doing something along the lines of the Canadian Invasion, but my head-canon is more that that's just a common bond, rather than an actual theme of the group. The main point of the stable, in my mind, is to for these guys to prop up Jaime Atherton, so right now, I'm just using Atherton Inc as a stand-in name, but I'm not exactly happy with it. 

Atherton's nickname is 'White Lightning' so I would call them the Lightning Bolts. Usually I wouldn't focus the name so heavily on one member, but as you say that's the group's entire function, I think it fits. 

6 hours ago, ElChorizo said:

The Maple Leaf Mafia, Canadian Violence

2 hours ago, Captain Kayfabe said:

The Maple Leaf Mafia, Canadian Violence

Actually, Maple Leaf Mafia does fit with a theme I have going with two of my other stables. I have a couple Texans in a stable led by Bradley Blaze, and then the family of Samoans from the Return to the Islands promotion as "Sons of Samoa". So yeah, that might work. I'm thinking or putting together a couple of my dragon luchadors together as well. (I had thought of adding Aaron Knight to that crew and calling it Camelot or something medieval-based before this Atherton stable came together.)

Thanks, Cap. 

Atherton's nickname is 'White Lightning' so I would call them the Lightning Bolts. Usually I wouldn't focus the name so heavily on one member, but as you say that's the group's entire function, I think it fits. 

Reminds me a bit of the Thunderbolts from the MCU, so I'd have to rework it a bit, but I do like the idea of going with the Lightning name. Somehow I missed that when going through the bios. 

• 2 weeks later...

I need a stable name for the trio of Steven Regal, Fit Finlay and Lance Storm in WCW in 2001. They are a babyface group, the kind of base for them is that they are respectful to you if you are respectful to them, but as soon as you aren't all bets are off. A little bit of Blackpool Combat Club vibes I guess. I've previously had Finlay & Regal in a heel stable called The Commonwealth, so that has to be out.

Thanks!