Tag Teams / Stables / Naming Thread Suggestions

8 hours ago, mrwright86 said:

I need a stable name for the trio of Steven Regal, Fit Finlay and Lance Storm in WCW in 2001. They are a babyface group, the kind of base for them is that they are respectful to you if you are respectful to them, but as soon as you aren't all bets are off. A little bit of Blackpool Combat Club vibes I guess. I've previously had Finlay & Regal in a heel stable called The Commonwealth, so that has to be out.

Thanks!

The Stretching Crew

10 hours ago, James The Animator said:

What complicates this line-up for me is that you have Finlay and Regal, who legitimately came up on the British catch wrestling circuit. Then you have Lance, who is the least experienced and was trained by the Hart brothers. So my mind keeps turning down any shoot wrestling-related names.

Anyway, here are a few names. I made: The Thorn Bush, the 3 Ts (Technical Torture Triangle), and the Catch Kings (a mild callback to the Commonwealth, though it has that problem).

I really like the idea of Technical Torture Triangle, but just "Torture Triangle" sounds cleaner. It works really well considering how I see them and their use. Thanks to everyone for the ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to forego the obvious "The Montgomories" as a stable name for Robert Montgomery Sr and his kids as they debut. Mid South is crowded enough as it is in my game, so I had Robert Montgomery Sr open the company in the Southeast. I want to hire his kids as they join the world. Any suggestions on the stable name? The stable name might also pull double duty as the Tag Team name, at least early on.

23 minutes ago, CQI13 said:

Looking to forego the obvious "The Montgomories" as a stable name for Robert Montgomery Sr and his kids as they debut. Mid South is crowded enough as it is in my game, so I had Robert Montgomery Sr open the company in the Southeast. I want to hire his kids as they join the world. Any suggestions on the stable name? The stable name might also pull double duty as the Tag Team name, at least early on.

You could call them The Family, The Dixieland Mafia or The Dynasty.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CQI13 said:

Heritage or The Heritage.

I'm obsessed with having a massive tag division. I have Main Event(World), Mid Card(United States), and even Lower Card(Television) tag titles. 

That said, I have some teams and characters I need names for. I'm in 1991 as WCW. Start date is January 1991. 

El Dandy & El Texano- These two are both under golden masks(Conquistadors renders). Since the Conquistadors are a WWF gimmick, I don't want to recycle it. That said, this is very much a jobber tag team so the name doesn't have to be all that creative. 

Curtis Hughes/Big Cat & Big Bubba Rogers/Big Bossman- I was thinking of calling them Mr Hughes and Mr Rogers, but the tag name eludes me. They're essentially two body guards that decide to go off on their own as a tag team after earning each other's respect. They might become mercenaries, working for whatever heel pays them the most. Since Bossman is a WWF name, I'd rather not use it since i'm WCW.

Need some help again. Trying to start an all-era save, some Multiverse thing, with WWE. However I need to find a few names, and I was hoping you guys could help me. I need a show name for my Cruiserweight/Light Heavyweight show that will take place on Monday, one for my Heavyweight/Super Heavyweight show on Wednesday (Was thinking Wednesday Night Titans) and one for my Women's Only show on Friday.

I also need help to find some world titles names for my Monday/Wednesday show and one for my midcard for Women's show. All together, I have the Cruiserweight Championship, Light Heavyweight Championship, Heavyweight Championship, Super Heavyweight Championship, Women's Championship and all the tag titles. However, for my Monday/Wednesday show I don't know how to call my world titles.

Hope I can get some help, thanks in advance!

Not the biggest fan, to be honest: in French (my native language), marmots have become somewhat of a meme because of an ad, so whenever I hear the word, I can't help but think about it and simply can't take anyone with that name seriously.

I kinda like Caroline, though, so I might use it and find a new family name if nobody comes up with something perfect !

18 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

Anyone have any ideas for Coco Malloy and Lucy Stone-McFly? CWA poached Izzy (along with FIVE other wrestlers, totally wrecking my QAW main event scene, tag team scene AND nascent trios division in about a week), but those two have good chemistry, so that's... something.

All I got for you is California Stoned/California Stoners/California Stone. I'm guessing you're not pushing Lucy as a pot-head?

Other than that, any of the generic work-rate tag team names could work for them. I also advocate White Chocolate.

On 10/24/2022 at 11:42 PM, Matt_Black said:

Anyone have any ideas for Coco Malloy and Lucy Stone-McFly? CWA poached Izzy (along with FIVE other wrestlers, totally wrecking my QAW main event scene, tag team scene AND nascent trios division in about a week), but those two have good chemistry, so that's... something.

Coco Butter- sell them as smooth in-ring workers.

Anyone have Florida specific tournament names for a cruiserweight tournament and a women's tournament.

The save is in January 1992 for Florida Championship Wrestling. They're my development promotion. 

I already have a Eddie Graham Memorial tag tournament and a Big Cat Invitational for heavyweights.

Was considering calling the cruiserweight cup the Malenko Cup after Boris Malenko, but I think I'm going to do a technical tournament with his name attached.

Same game as previous post, but I paired Gold Phoenix(Dean Malenko) and Wild Pegasus(Chris Benoit) up in developmental under masks and I'm struggling to name the tag team itself. This is a WCW 1992 save with Paul Heyman in charge if that sparks any inspiration for anyone. They're going to be in developmental for a long while, so I'm not in any hurry on the name, but wanted to get outside suggestions. 

These are the pics of Malenko and Benoit I'm using for reference.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

9 hours ago, Temes1066 said:

I decided to team Sharkbait Seth Gallows (aka. Hugh DeAske) with The Golden Corsair (Donte Dunn), can anyone give me a good name for a Heel pirate tag team.

I am also looking for a name for a Gothic Avenging Angel Ash Campbell.

The Corsairs, The Marauders, The Privateers.

I sometimes rename Ash Campbell as Scourge. It's a synonym for Nemesis, who is obviously his Dad.

On 10/29/2022 at 10:27 PM, Jaysin said:

Anyone have Florida specific tournament names for a cruiserweight tournament and a women's tournament.

The save is in January 1992 for Florida Championship Wrestling. They're my development promotion. 

I already have a Eddie Graham Memorial tag tournament and a Big Cat Invitational for heavyweights.

Was considering calling the cruiserweight cup the Malenko Cup after Boris Malenko, but I think I'm going to do a technical tournament with his name attached.

What about something along the lines of the Gulf Coast Classic? For the women’s tournament, especially in 1992, what about crowning a Miss Florida? Like a Miss Florida Championship Tournament in the realm of King of the Ring?

As for me, I’ve been trying to figure out a name for a heel AEW stable led by Shinsuke Nakamura. Something similar to CHAOS or RISE (which Real International Super Elite would be perfect, unfortunately). Other members haven’t been worked out yet, but I was given 3 DDT workers on excursion that would begin the stable as masked underlings, like the start of the Dark Order. The ones that unmask matter, and the ones that don’t, well, that’s these three. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, soxfan93 said:

As for me, I’ve been trying to figure out a name for a heel AEW stable led by Shinsuke Nakamura. Something similar to CHAOS or RISE (which Real International Super Elite would be perfect, unfortunately). Other members haven’t been worked out yet, but I was given 3 DDT workers on excursion that would begin the stable as masked underlings, like the start of the Dark Order. The ones that unmask matter, and the ones that don’t, well, that’s these three. 

Battalion of Strong Style? - BOSS
Artist Super International Army - ASIA

6 hours ago, soxfan93 said:

What about something along the lines of the Gulf Coast Classic? For the women’s tournament, especially in 1992, what about crowning a Miss Florida? Like a Miss Florida Championship Tournament in the realm of King of the Ring?

Miss Florida works perfectly!