Community Modding Discussion Thread

What are people's approaches to determining worker skills in historical/real world mods? I want to start working on a database in the pre-1970s era and I'm at a loss for how to approach adding workers and filling out all their skills/stats. Does anyone have a method or resource they use?

So, what I've done for my March 2020 mod that's almost done, is export the CVerse, quartile it, and then try and have my world match its distribution for the important stats. For example, Psychology:

Psy.jpg

To give you an example of how I broke it down for myself, here's the summary of the CV stats for Active Male Wrestlers:

Active-Men.jpg

It sims really nicely.

Now my turn to ask a question! The aforementioned mod has a nagging problem I'm trying to fix, which is that a chunk of my American secondary feds go out of business after 15 months or so, and I'm not sure why.

My guess is that I need to balance the popularity of their workers to the fed pop so they can afford salaries? But I'm really not sure. If anyone else has fixed a similar problem, please let me know!

Edit: Oof, those pics are small. I've never been good at posting photos on this forum. Can someone point me to a tutorial? ehn

So, what I've done for my March 2020 mod that's almost done, is export the CVerse, quartile it, and then try and have my world match its distribution for the important stats. For example, Psychology:

Psy.jpg

To give you an example of how I broke it down for myself, here's the summary of the CV stats for Active Male Wrestlers:

Active-Men.jpg

It sims really nicely.

Now my turn to ask a question! The aforementioned mod has a nagging problem I'm trying to fix, which is that a chunk of my American secondary feds go out of business after 15 months or so, and I'm not sure why.

My guess is that I need to balance the popularity of their workers to the fed pop so they can afford salaries? But I'm really not sure. If anyone else has fixed a similar problem, please let me know!

Edit: Oof, those pics are small. I've never been good at posting photos on this forum. Can someone point me to a tutorial? ehn

Psy.jpg

Active-Men.jpg

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rick Savant" data-cite="Rick Savant" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47537" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, what I've done for my March 2020 mod that's almost done, is export the CVerse, quartile it, and then try and have my world match its distribution for the important stats.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> How did you export the database? Or in other words: How did you get all the worker stat numbers into a program to calculate this?</p>

How did you export the database? Or in other words: How did you get all the worker stat numbers into a program to calculate this?

You need MS Access installed, so first get that if you don't already have it, then:

Start a Game > Options > Create MDB File (next one under Turn To Database) > Create File > then in explorer navigate to your Save Games in your GDS folder > Under The Save Game folder for that save you'll now see a folder which reads MDBFiles, go into that > Open the newly created MDB file > On the left hand list of the MDB file scroll down to workers and double click it > Click the grid > Ctrl +A > Ctrl +C > Open Excel (or Open or Lib Sheets or whatever ya got) > Click your grid in excel > Right Click > Paste Special > select Text > Ok!

Then you'll have a spreadsheet with all the wold's worker data on it! You'll prob want to delete the Profile column immediately so the massses of text don't make it look all bad. But you can slice and dice from there!

You need MS Access installed, so first get that if you don't already have it, then:

Start a Game > Options > Create MDB File (next one under Turn To Database) > Create File > then in explorer navigate to your Save Games in your GDS folder > Under The Save Game folder for that save you'll now see a folder which reads MDBFiles, go into that > Open the newly created MDB file > On the left hand list of the MDB file scroll down to workers and double click it > Click the grid > Ctrl +A > Ctrl +C > Open Excel (or Open or Lib Sheets or whatever ya got) > Click your grid in excel > Right Click > Paste Special > select Text > Ok!

Then you'll have a spreadsheet with all the wold's worker data on it! You'll prob want to delete the Profile column immediately so the massses of text don't make it look all bad. But you can slice and dice from there!

Thank you very much for sharing this, this is great information if I should ever give mod creation another try!

Can I install a mod update and it'll work in my current save or nah?

I'm not sure what you mean? Like will the mod reset the save?

The save file is completely separate from the database 100%. If a mod update affected the save, all progress would be rendered mute, since the database is what forms the starting point of the save.

I guess my question fits in here:

I hava a real world mod and start in 1982. But I want to include companies that were founded later. Like ECW in 1992. How can I make Tod Gordon the owner of ECW for example, without getting an error? Is there a way around that?

The only way is to set Tod Gordon as the Mandatory founder. Problem you then run into though, is if Tod Gordon has a written deal with another company on the date, ECW won't open.

My fix for that was because Tod Gordon wasn't really a well known entity until ECW so I would just have him debut the month before ECW opens after setting him as their mandatory founder (see below).

pAZCUrg.jpg

Hope that made sense.

Can I install a mod update and it'll work in my current save or nah?

The new mod will not affect a saved game. You can import new workers, companies, broadcasters, locations etc... to your save from the new data, but not set contracts, the owners of the promotion or things like that. Just remember when importing a worker you import Moves then Move Set and finally the worker themselves.

The only way is to set Tod Gordon as the Mandatory founder. Problem you then run into though, is if Tod Gordon has a written deal with another company on the date, ECW won't open.

My fix for that was because Tod Gordon wasn't really a well known entity until ECW so I would just have him debut the month before ECW opens after setting him as their mandatory founder (see below).

pAZCUrg.jpg

Hope that made sense.

Thanks a lot. That will do just fine for me.

I guess, if I put in more than 1 potential owners, the next in line would found the company if the former is under contract at the time?

So I'm working on this mod that will eventually get released, when it does, all the pics for workers will be from a hodge podge of different pic packs. I don't even really know where they all came from.

Whats the protocol on giving credit for pic packs? Is there a way to find out what pics belong to what packs? Or is it better to just pick one pack for a release (even if I don't use it for my personal games) to avoid being rude?

Thanks!

Can anyone shed any light on how the time zones/show timings work for TV shows and other TV shows.

I want to add a few things to other TV shows like Wimbledon final, but dont know how to set it up

So it would be saturday/sunday afternoon in the UK, but do I have to work it on US time, so it would be saturday and sunday morning?

Can anyone shed any light on how the time zones/show timings work for TV shows and other TV shows.

I want to add a few things to other TV shows like Wimbledon final, but dont know how to set it up

So it would be saturday/sunday afternoon in the UK, but do I have to work it on US time, so it would be saturday and sunday morning?

I believe the time works on whatever country you are in so you would set Wimbledon to afternoon if shown in UK as far as I'm aware.

I believe the time works on whatever country you are in so you would set Wimbledon to afternoon if shown in UK as far as I'm aware.

that makes sense.

I did some testing with other tv shows and I didn't see an effect though

I created the grand national to run against 21CW on the first Thursday of the new year in an early evening slot (very big or huge cant quite remember)

Grand national drew 1.7m viewers 21CW drew 900k approx

went to the next week unopposed and 21CW drew 900k approx, so basically the grand national created 1.7m viewers with little to no effect on 21CW

Just a question on cutting pics for the game, I had to step away from cutting for awhile and now back at it or trying too...so the question is...

with anybody using GIMP to cut pictures, like since the upgrade as when i was using it, it was white featured not the current black feature, and i had cutting down path, with the I'm going to say with say 2-3 maybe more updates since I lasted used it.

I seem to not know ho to work GIMP at all if anyone could give me a couple pointers, as i was cutting a picture less than a min.. and sizing already cut pictures less than that.

SO PLEASE, PLEASE... I BEG ANYONE FOR THEIR KIND ADVICE ON HOW TO GET IT TO WORK LIKE IT DID BEFORE PLEASE, as i really wanna get into TEW20 but with the pic packs out these days and not being ale to personally cut for my games... its really difficult.. unless there is anybody with a up-to-date pic pack of 2021 february, and in the style of the cut i provided, or my profile pic (one of my cuts).. would be great appreciated.

Thank you for your time and big shout out to this modding community for the hard work they put in...and if anybody can help omg!!, i would so ecstatic to be showed in the right direction, as i would rather to much more know how to do the cuts as i did before, but right now GIMP is unbearable for me.

264758656_MilMuertes.jpg.e590cf88fbd1332a14bce896d8a57fde.jpg

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thecoolestjedi12" data-cite="thecoolestjedi12" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47537" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does anyone know the best way to get AI companies to release talent? My WCW in my mod just hoards talent from 90-100 active wrestlers even after falling in size. Do I need to put them in financial trouble?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They evaluate their talent roster at certain times in the calendar year so it depends on where they are at then — and the owner preferences and all of that. So if you mess with the owner preferences about hiring and firing you should be able to make something happen.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thecoolestjedi12" data-cite="thecoolestjedi12" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47537" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does anyone know the best way to get AI companies to release talent? My WCW in my mod just hoards talent from 90-100 active wrestlers even after falling in size. Do I need to put them in financial trouble?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Experiment with lowering the Roster Size of both the owner and the booker and they should start firing people, but in my tests they do so very confusingly i.e they'll start releasing top stars instead of jabronis</p>

I haven't had any problems using the newest Gimp, what part of the process are you running aground in?

Like in the older version not sure exact which version or I would download it prior to it changing but using the rectangle or square box and u know u get the numbers for ex.. 512x512...etc in the older versions it would let me highlight the selected spot change it to 150x150 and bang copy and paste onto the background...but for whatever reason now this system i can't seem to get it to work with the newer versions instead of just cropping the highlighted part it crops the whole picture...so it seems the rectangle box doesn't work like it use to or am I missing something that should be maybe clicked on...thank you for your reply appreciate it as I wanna get back into cutting and making pictures for this game.

Like in the older version not sure exact which version or I would download it prior to it changing but using the rectangle or square box and u know u get the numbers for ex.. 512x512...etc in the older versions it would let me highlight the selected spot change it to 150x150 and bang copy and paste onto the background...but for whatever reason now this system i can't seem to get it to work with the newer versions instead of just cropping the highlighted part it crops the whole picture...so it seems the rectangle box doesn't work like it use to or am I missing something that should be maybe clicked on...thank you for your reply appreciate it as I wanna get back into cutting and making pictures for this game.

Hrm, I do it differently, so I'm not sure if your method still works or not. What I do is go to Image > Canvas Size > then change the width/height to be equal to each other in an area slightly larger than I want, if you then click drag on the preview you can move the picture so that the portion you want is in the frame. After I hit Resize, I repeat the process, but now the preview in Canvas Size is zoomed in, so I can get the exact framing I want.

After I've got my square I go Image > Scale Image and you can set the width/height to 150x150 (or in my case 142x142 so I can add a 4x4 border) and click Scale.

If you're not as particular as I am, you can skip the second step, and just get the square you want in the first go, but you usually still need to scale it down.

Then you've got your pick and you can Ctrl C/Ctrl V it over your background, or add the background as a new layer.

Hrm, I do it differently, so I'm not sure if your method still works or not. What I do is go to Image > Canvas Size > then change the width/height to be equal to each other in an area slightly larger than I want, if you then click drag on the preview you can move the picture so that the portion you want is in the frame. After I hit Resize, I repeat the process, but now the preview in Canvas Size is zoomed in, so I can get the exact framing I want.

After I've got my square I go Image > Scale Image and you can set the width/height to 150x150 (or in my case 142x142 so I can add a 4x4 border) and click Scale.

If you're not as particular as I am, you can skip the second step, and just get the square you want in the first go, but you usually still need to scale it down.

Then you've got your pick and you can Ctrl C/Ctrl V it over your background, or add the background as a new layer.

Ya its the scaling part thats messed with my new update it don't work the same that was how I did do it but it dont take the square into count and it 150×150 the gull picture, rendering the square mute... so kinda frustrated just wondering with the new update if its something else I should be clicking or I am missing something.