Community Modding Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, WooItsNathan said:

Ohhh! Is there a rough estimate to how many points the worker would get from 1-10? My goal with this specific case is just to give them a small little boost, but I'd like to know about the rest in general.

It's currently 5 points of popularity per effect strength.

• Thanks 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/16/2023 at 9:43 AM, Jaysin said:

Any suggestions on what attributes I should give Peter Michaels if I'm making him active again?

Super late with this, but in my head canon he would be similar to modern day Jim Ross. An all-time great broadcaster who is well past his relevancy years. I would have his Announcer and microphone skills in the 60s

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2023 at 9:45 AM, PrecisionTom said:

where may I find the latest version of the game thamk you

The latest version of the TEW game should be quick to find in the tech support section of the forum for future reference but I've included a link to the latest patch. 

I’m changing a few pics in the c verse. I went through updating the workers pic. Only problem is when going into the game the original c verse pics are there in the company. So seems like I need to update the contract pic with the company. Is it possible to change a pic that will update bkther rather than needing to go through and change two pics each time?

I hope that makes sense. 

19 minutes ago, Dave Mac said:

I’m changing a few pics in the c verse. I went through updating the workers pic. Only problem is when going into the game the original c verse pics are there in the company. So seems like I need to update the contract pic with the company. Is it possible to change a pic that will update bkther rather than needing to go through and change two pics each time?

I hope that makes sense. 

The easiest way is to replace the picture completely with the new image with the exact same name. For example, Valiant would need to be named Valiant.jpg 

4 hours ago, Jaysin said:

The easiest way is to replace the picture completely with the new image with the exact same name. For example, Valiant would need to be named Valiant.jpg 

As I wrote it out that’s exactly what I realised I should do. Such an obvious solution sometimes you don’t see it while doing it. 

Edited by Dave Mac

Depends if you named them the same in both databases then just import them and the missing worker should appear. If not then it will take longer. Pull up the import worker screen and compare that to the workers in the database already. If don't find it in the first 30 workers. I think that's how many it shows. Then exit the import move the database to the 31st worker and open the import and check that block of 30. Do that until you find the missing worker. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Idolized said:

What do you mean by work? It’s the same exact process as the square SAMPP gif packs.

I guess my thought is, how does the game put the two together? If I can think it through, that may help.

So the game looks for a stable associated, then if not that, it goes to the company background. 

Then it looks for the worker image (no matter what shape or size) and pastes it right on top, right in the center?

I'm very new to making GIF stuff.

Edited by MidKnightDreary

1 hour ago, MidKnightDreary said:

I guess my thought is, how does the game put the two together? If I can think it through, that may help.

So the game looks for a stable associated, then if not that, it goes to the company background. 

Then it looks for the worker image (no matter what shape or size) and pastes it right on top, right in the center?

Yes, that's it exactly.

4 hours ago, MidKnightDreary said:

Yes, but remember the “shape and size” of the actual file is still 150x150 pixels. The gif format just allows for the transparency to make the image shape and show the proper background it is stacked upon.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I'm developing my own fictional universe starting in January 1995 and one of my planned promotions is meant to be akin to a heavy metal, grunge, or Punk show. Not really a hardcore promotion, just edgy I guess? 

It seems like Ruthless Aggression might be the closest thing to what I'm imagining, but looking for suggestions. 

The promotion is based in Seattle and is an underground rebellious show.. Just not hardcore. Mostly good in ring workers, but the gimmicks are mostly realistic. 

11 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I'm developing my own fictional universe starting in January 1995 and one of my planned promotions is meant to be akin to a heavy metal, grunge, or Punk show. Not really a hardcore promotion, just edgy I guess? 

It seems like Ruthless Aggression might be the closest thing to what I'm imagining, but looking for suggestions. 

The promotion is based in Seattle and is an underground rebellious show.. Just not hardcore. Mostly good in ring workers, but the gimmicks are mostly realistic. 

Sounds like OG Progress

On 8/18/2023 at 9:15 AM, MidKnightDreary said:

Sounds like OG Progress

I'm not familiar with Progress. I mean I know they exist, but I've never seen a show. 

My inspiration came from a local promotion called Firestorm that did wrestling shows alongside concerts. It was one of the coolest atmospheres I've ever been in for a wrestling show and I wanted to translate that to TEW, but it doesn't seem like any product really matches what I'm looking for unless I missed something 

• 4 weeks later...