General Gameplay Questions Thread

What is the deal with colors for skills? I can't find this in the handbook anywhere. I have yellow skills much higher than green skill so it can't be a ranking thing anymore. Does green mean still improving?

It is a basic ranking progression, though not an intuitive one. Red, blue, green, yellow. I really hope it's changed, it's been brought up several times.

It is a basic ranking progression, though not an intuitive one. Red, blue, green, yellow. I really hope it's changed, it's been brought up several times.

Ok, I have seen several complaints about colors but I couldn't tell if people were talking about the skill or the lists. Thanks.

Anyone already experimented with the number of optimum events to run in a month. I know one of the things mentioned as a feature is that we'll no longer have to do the one a month TEW 2016 style for smaller companies, but has anyone messed around with the sustainability of doing more events?

Anyone already experimented with the number of optimum events to run in a month. I know one of the things mentioned as a feature is that we'll no longer have to do the one a month TEW 2016 style for smaller companies, but has anyone messed around with the sustainability of doing more events?

Unless that part of the game gets rebalanced, I think the best way to do things will be to grind your way to ~$50k and make your own broadcaster. You can make tons of money with a PPV broadcaster.

For those who have tried out block tapings, do workers expect to be used on every episode of whatever show that is taped that night and complain if left off any of them, even if they are used on at least one taping?

For example, let's say you'll be taping 4 episodes of WWF Superstars. Would someone like Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Ted DiBiase, Ultimate Warrior, etc., complain that they were left off 3 shows even if they were used on one of them? Hope that all made sense.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="i effin rule" data-cite="i effin rule" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That is just the month though, right? No start/stop year.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nevermind you got it</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="anonwill8824" data-cite="anonwill8824" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Go to the roster, highlight who you want, click their yellow highlighted name to the right if the search button, click edit move set at bottom left, bam.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nice one, still trying to get used to all the newness.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CashBowels" data-cite="CashBowels" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do I buy out a company using the editor?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't understand the "using the editor" part.</p><p> </p><p> To attempt a takeover of a company you click on companies, select the one you want, click on view profile, click contact then attempt takeover. I don't think you can just do it via the in game editor. You could probably change their money to -1000000, or something, in the editor to make them more willing to be bought out.</p>

When doing a TV show broadcasting deal in the editor I'm a little confused about the boxes in relation to broadcaster and company cost.. the handbook doesn't really help. Is that a percentage I write in the box or is it an actual figure..if it is the latter what sort of ball park figures should be used as there is no guidance whatsoever

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="praguepride" data-cite="praguepride" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do I know what size roster I should have? I see the penalties for being too small but what avoids that?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The main box in the office should have a note about how many wrestlers you should have if you don't have enough.</p>

I don't understand the "using the editor" part.

To attempt a takeover of a company you click on companies, select the one you want, click on view profile, click contact then attempt takeover. I don't think you can just do it via the in game editor. You could probably change their money to -1000000, or something, in the editor to make them more willing to be bought out.

Well I assume that I'd have to edit the company to be in debt or something because it won't let me do the takeover because they aren't in bad enough financial positions. I would like to know how to edit the company to put them in a bad position.

When doing a TV show broadcasting deal in the editor I'm a little confused about the boxes in relation to broadcaster and company cost.. the handbook doesn't really help. Is that a percentage I write in the box or is it an actual figure..if it is the latter what sort of ball park figures should be used as there is no guidance whatsoever

Looks like its how much the company pays or the broadcaster pays per episode. The first one allows companies to buy their way into airtime while the 2nd one is when broadcasters pay to receive content.

It looks like its number values and not percentage. Everything in the eiditor shows 0 for both fields when I looked over a few of them. I would just leave them at 0. In a game save I can't even find where you would offer money to a network to get them to broadcast your show so im guessing this is something for historical mods. Maybe someone else can provide more insight.

Well I assume that I'd have to edit the company to be in debt or something because it won't let me do the takeover because they aren't in bad enough financial positions. I would like to know how to edit the company to put them in a bad position.

Yeah you can edit their money. Options button - in game editor button - double click on the company - edit the money field. Use the minus sign to make it a negative amount putting them in debt.

Just a survey question here, do you guys take off Location restrictions when you play or is that viewed as a cheat/bad form? I would love to get Swoop McCarthy in my American fed.

It can't be bad form. It's a single player game. However, in past games I have played with hiring restrictions off (or used the passport code) because in many cases, it doesn't make sense. Cult sized company makes an offer to some worker in another area and gets turned down flat? There are hundreds of examples of people who gladly accepted offers from foreign companies, especially if they were currently unemployed. Heck, most of Sumie Sakai's job booking joshi workers here in the US involves getting them visas (usually paid for by the various promoters booking the talent as a collective). But some people pay for their own visas (Tomoka Nakagawa years ago) just to have the opportunity/flexibility to accept bookings in new areas. So I had zero issues turning off a binary mechanic that most of the time didn't make sense to me.

Now, however, it's no longer binary. They took the 'talk to worker' mechanic from WMMA and actually made it into a fix. Most workers, in my limited experience so far, are glad to begin working in a new area if you ask them. Even if your company is 'tiny' (as QAW starts as).