General Gameplay Questions Thread

The default

it did the first time and then it crashed and then when I went back and now it's doesn't have anybody

Did you report it in the Tech Support forum? Adam might ask for a copy of your save if it was displaying and then doesn't following a crash.

Is there any way to change from booking where everything gets shifted to being the opening segment as a default? I'm used to booking going in the reverse order meaning that everything booked after the first segment becomes the main event so to speak.

I've just added a player to my game as Wolf Hawkins owner of CZCW and I can book him in matches from day 1 (a 61 rated 90 minute match against Bullseye!). I'll try from a new game.

Ok, so I couldn't pre-book him, but at the time of the card I could book him, and after the first card I can pre-book going forward.

The default

it did the first time and then it crashed and then when I went back and now it's doesn't have anybody

I have same issue however I'm using Fleisch January mod. Nobody coming up for owners or bookers. Tried several different locations and still there same.

Also don't know how you can sign a free agent to be a developmental worker or do you just have to sign them then move to Developmental?

Is there any way to change from booking where everything gets shifted to being the opening segment as a default? I'm used to booking going in the reverse order meaning that everything booked after the first segment becomes the main event so to speak.

I'm not 100% clear what you are asking, but I think you are looking for the final two preferences (Main Event Header and Book Main Event First) or at least a combination of them.

You can now access preferences from the PM screen which helps too!

I am utterly confused. I can't even figure out how to assign a manager to someone... am I just dumb?

On the roster page, if you click a wrestler's role (the yellow icon under their status, saying whether they are a wrestler, personality, road agent etc.), that brings up their character and roster details, meaning you can alter their role, their brand, their division, assign managers and so on.

There may be other ways to get to that screen, but that one works for me!

I am utterly confused. I can't even figure out how to assign a manager to someone... am I just dumb?

On the roster screen click on their name in yellow. The window that appears has a manager option underneath the various role checkboxes.

I can’t save a contract template as “Default” because the word is reserved for some reason

Is there a place I’m supposed to go to edit the default contract template? I have to offer everyone 10% merch but the contracts always start at 25%

In addition, there is no longer an option in contracts to send people straight to developmental?

One issue I always had with 2016 is that, at the beginning of saves, ratings felt way too low. I think this problem is even worse in 2020. I’ve been messing around in the 2001 mod and as NOAH, a company that the AI often has spit out 90+ ratings, didn’t get a match above 55. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I cannot find where to assign managers to workers. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!

Click on the worker's name in the header of the roster screen. There's an option under the role checkboxes.

I can’t save a contract template as “Default” because the word is reserved for some reason

Is there a place I’m supposed to go to edit the default contract template? I have to offer everyone 10% merch but the contracts always start at 25%

In addition, there is no longer an option in contracts to send people straight to developmental?

It's probably the default setting that comes with the game. Not aware that you can change that.

When booking an angle is there anyway to filter like in 2016? i.e. face/heel, role

No, the only filter options are the ones that appear when you press search. You could always put it in the Suggestions forum as it's been mentioned a few times now.

One issue I always had with 2016 is that, at the beginning of saves, ratings felt way too low. I think this problem is even worse in 2020. I’ve been messing around in the 2001 mod and as NOAH, a company that the AI often has spit out 90+ ratings, didn’t get a match above 55. Is anyone else experiencing this?

You'd be better off testing the CVerse than a converted mod with no tweaks as you won't know what values are out of whack. The product is probably not set correctly, the match and angle focus etc. You'll also find it easier to compare results with others which will help you get to a resolution quicker.

You'd be better off testing the CVerse than a converted mod with no tweaks as you won't know what values are out of whack. The product is probably not set correctly, the match and angle focus etc. You'll also find it easier to compare results with others which will help you get to a resolution quicker.

That would make a lot of sense if the AI wasn’t still getting the same ratings they would back in 2016. This game, I swear...