General Gameplay Questions Thread

Hey! The game looks great!

The context of this question is that I'm helping my friend with a mod based in the 1930s, so we're looking for things such as the Aerial/Flashiness and Hardcore stats to be downplayed BUT still want the game to function as intended.

I'd like clarification on how skills effect the match rating calculation. The Handbook says:

Brawling: This is a measure to work a brawl-style match. It is used to calc a worker's in-ring perf in most match types.

Puroresu: It is used to calc a worker's in-ring perf in most match types. In most cases it is effectively an 'alternate Brawling' in that the higher of the two values is used in any calc.

Technical: It is used to calc a worker's in-ring perf in most match types, but not those that are specifically about brawling or high flying.

Aerial: It is used to calc a worker's in-ring performance in most match types.

1) Ok, so, match styles are no longer a thing and are, instead, addressed in match aims (on a side note, having a section on match aims in the handbook would be absolutely awesome! I searched forever, so if I missed it, please tell me where it is!). This means I assume when Brawling says "brawl-style" match, they mean any match which does *not* include the match aims Hardcore, Deathmatch, High Spots, Technical Masterclass, Eye Candy, or Comedy. Is that correct?

2) If the handbook reads that the better of Brawl or Puro is used in most match types, but does not read that the better of Brawl/Technical (for example) is used, then that implies that the better of Brawl/Puro/Technical is not what is used in most match types. Since Tech and Aer are used in most matches, that means it must be either a weighted or non-weighted average of Brawl or Puro + Technical + Aerial (modified by flashiness). How close did I come?

This is important because if I make a game world where everybody has an aerial stat of 0-30 then I'm reducing match ratings for everyone if it's an average, where as I'm not if the match rating is based on the wrestler's highest of the three skills.

Hi! I was wondering if anyone else had this problem? When I click on the Pre-Booking button, I got a run time error message and it said that it was read only and the game shut off. This is my first time playing TEW and its a lot to get used to, but it's quite fun so far. I hope everyone else is having fun too.:)

Check you're running the game in Administrator mode - right click on the TEW2020.exe in the game folder > Properties > Compatibility and tick "Run as administrator".

Otherwise, it may be a bug, in which case report it in http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269 :)

Am i not allowed to cut wrestlers from their contracts i cant find the option to cut them anywhere??

Click on the arrow above their Popularity scores in their profile, it'll load a separate Contract Details section in that window, and you can release them there.

Am i not allowed to cut wrestlers from their contracts i cant find the option to cut them anywhere??

Go to your roster screen, select the worker, click the arrows to left or right of their popularity and it’ll change to show you their contract, with a button you can click to release them.

What's the best way to get young, unknown workers to have a better perception with a product that penalizes you for having short matches? Because if I book unimportant workers in the longer matches my product wants, I get a penalty because the crowd doesn't like seeing nobodies in long matches. But if I do short matches, the match rating gets a penalty for being too short. I'm pretty sure I have to take the hit either way, but which way will get my young guys over faster?

Wasn't there going to be the ability to hire tag teams together. Anyone know how?

You have to negotiate with them separately, but if you go to the Teams button in your Office and click "View All Tag Teams Worldwide" it lists all the teams and from there its easy to hire each member individually.

Sorry if it's already been asked but I just checked through a bunch of pages and didn't see: how do I change worker profile pictures? Clicking on their image in the roster section doesn't appear to do anything. Thanks.

Click on their name at the top of the screen, "ACe Youngblood is a 35 year old..." or whomever it is. That brings up their details page for your company. you can change their picture there.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Click on their name at the top of the screen, "ACe Youngblood is a 35 year old..." or whomever it is. That brings up their details page for your company. you can change their picture there.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can also click on their perception in the status tab</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Click on their name at the top of the screen, "ACe Youngblood is a 35 year old..." or whomever it is. That brings up their details page for your company. you can change their picture there.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks mate.</p>

<p>Someone help me understand Excursions vs. Developmental.</p><p> </p><p>

When sending a worker on excursion, the worker is released. So I assume when the worker returns from excursion there is a chance my rival could sign them up. So why would I send someone on excursion when I could send them somewhere as a developmental worker instead. They stay under contract, work, learn, and can be recalled at any time. The excursion system seems risky.</p>