General Gameplay Questions Thread

Is there still a way of seeing the storylines AI-controlled feds are using? (As in, checking them out on their company's page rather than just when they turn up in news on your office page) Can't work out if it's been taking out or if I'm just missing something.

Is there still a way of seeing the storylines AI-controlled feds are using? (As in, checking them out on their company's page rather than just when they turn up in news on your office page) Can't work out if it's been taking out or if I'm just missing something.

Yes. Is under Feuds rather than storylines on their profile page.

Hi guys, do you know how i can fire someone ? There is a "Send Away" button on the Roster page but it's in red and when i click it tells me that the access is denied

It's in the help file, but:

Go to roster screen.

Click on a worker.

Click the arrow next to the Popularity panel.

That'll take you to the contract panel, which is where the release button is.

Hi guys, do you know how i can fire someone ? There is a "Send Away" button on the Roster page but it's in red and when i click it tells me that the access is denied

On a worker's profile where it shows their popularity, press the right arrow and it'll take you to contract details. It's one of those things where it's actually pretty easy to find once you start looking but it's been moved so far from where it was that I don't think people know where to being searching for it.

Am I missing something, or is there a way to disable searches always being saved? It's a nuisance to, for instance, search for a worker with say an aerial skillset, sign him, do whatever for 5 minutes, then go back to the worker screen and still be looking at those same workers.

Basically I just don't want to reset my search every time I go back to that screen

Anyone? :D

Are there still random home areas for some workers? If I wanted to hire people from, let's say, Tri-State only would starting a new game give a different pool of talent located there?

I think so. In the editor, you can set someone's "based out of" to USA, OR you can set it to one of the regions (south west, tri-state, etc). So I assume if you don't set it to a specific area within a region, it picks randomly.

Okay, I have an idea that I've been doing in previous iterations, and want to know how to do it in this.

Face A is in a storyline with Heel A. Heel A has a faction, with Heel B, C and D.

Face A is facing Heel B in the main event of a weekly show. Heel C comes in and starts beating on Face A. The match is a DQ.

NOW... I want to send the folks home with a view of Face A getting beat down at the hands of the Heel Faction. I'd like the whole thing to go down fluidly, a good match followed by a 5 or so minute beatdown, with Heel A standing tall.

Do i book a segment as my ME??? I know the match is going to be awesome, but do I need the Main Event slot to be a beatdown angle? How can I do this in 2020?

Hit the reset button at the bottom next to the search button before you leave the page

Yes I did know that, that's why I mentioned it in my question ("Basically I just don't want to reset my search every time I go back to that screen

"). I am just so used to not needing to reset searches when leaving a page that I forget 9/10 times.

If there's no setting to "always reset" when leaving a page, I suppose I could just try to acclimate myself to those extra clicks. I just am so used to 2016 I guess lol

Okay, I have an idea that I've been doing in previous iterations, and want to know how to do it in this.

Face A is in a storyline with Heel A. Heel A has a faction, with Heel B, C and D.

Face A is facing Heel B in the main event of a weekly show. Heel C comes in and starts beating on Face A. The match is a DQ.

NOW... I want to send the folks home with a view of Face A getting beat down at the hands of the Heel Faction. I'd like the whole thing to go down fluidly, a good match followed by a 5 or so minute beatdown, with Heel A standing tall.

Do i book a segment as my ME??? I know the match is going to be awesome, but do I need the Main Event slot to be a beatdown angle? How can I do this in 2020?

Yes. The Main Event match is still the main event match even if the last segment (Main Event) is an angle.

I'm not sure what are you asking, but if you end your show with a segment and not with a match there is no problem, i do this all the time. For the calculations that give you the final rating the "main event" is still the last match of the night.

So I didnt see a response to my question. I did the 3rd patch and now I'm getting a 3077 syntax error. Has anyone else gotten this and if so, how did you get around it?

I'm not much help for a fix, but I do know that the problem you are having is widespread, and from reading other posters' topics it seems like Adam is aware and the fix will be in the next patch.

I have always be curious about a feature of the game even in TEW 2016 (don't remember if it was present even before). What is the point of the "Event Order" a option? Is there a way to have more than 1 event in a day that i missed all this time?

Yup, usually when you have a TV show and PPV on same day.

I didn't know whether to put this in tech support or not. As you can see on the top it says the WWF is a Big company. But they don't meet the requirements of being a Big company, since they aren't a 77 across Eastern America just being 80 in Tri-State.

94618548_3038959372867552_9061713981843963904_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=8h1sgCDQqIgAX8WIbGe&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=d27920b8b86377fcf83cd5c66653193f&oe=5ECB71FE