General Gameplay Questions Thread

so I've been creating a mod, and I created alot of workers without running the game as administrator on my laptop

now when I ran the game as an admin a lot of the guys don't come up only if I don't run the game as an admin

how do I import all the workers I created to the other version? if that makes any sense

Hey guys, I may be dumb, but I can’t see where to find the “Other TV Shows” (ie the Super Bowl) in-game. I can always go to the editor, but it seems like there would be somewhere in the game to see it.

It's under Diary, along with events and TV shows. There's also Ratings Centre in the Broadcasters section, where you can see the viewership of all shows from the previous day, including non-wrestling shows.

what's the criteria to get in hall of immortals(for once in a lifetime)?

Edit: Found it it's in the regular non-in game editor

It's a little easier to get in as a tag team as secondary titles count too.

The question is do floating titles count if prestige is high enough?

From a booking standpoint it makes more sense to run a few angles to slowly add someone to a storyline. TCW i don't have the game open but its mighty meat vs the behemoths (they have stable support) and it says mighty meat might want to add some support. So i, booking them to save t-bone bright from an after match assault and the following week have him return the favor. With the following week a six man tag as his "official" I'm in this now.

My question is from a game stand point should the opposite happen? I.E. add him as support to the storyline before the first angle so the game tracks it or will it adjust based on prior actions?

From a booking standpoint it makes more sense to run a few angles to slowly add someone to a storyline. TCW i don't have the game open but its mighty meat vs the behemoths (they have stable support) and it says mighty meat might want to add some support. So i, booking them to save t-bone bright from an after match assault and the following week have him return the favor. With the following week a six man tag as his "official" I'm in this now.

My question is from a game stand point should the opposite happen? I.E. add him as support to the storyline before the first angle so the game tracks it or will it adjust based on prior actions?

You should add him prior to the first segment you want to count as part of the storyline. So if you want him saving Mighty Meaty to count as part of the storyline, then add him before that angle. It won't retroactively count that segment as part of the storyline once you add him.

How does 'Internet commercial' TV works?

I did set-up my own broadcaster internet TV.

did Tv Tapings in block. Did 4 tapings that had 10K viewers each week.

At the end of the month i had 0 tv revenue. Same for my Event that was broadcasted.

Is it because I need to hit a certain amout of viewers before making money?

How does 'Internet commercial' TV works?

I did set-up my own broadcaster internet TV.

did Tv Tapings in block. Did 4 tapings that had 10K viewers each week.

At the end of the month i had 0 tv revenue. Same for my Event that was broadcasted.

Is it because I need to hit a certain amout of viewers before making money?

I wondered that myself and tested it out with a big company (USPW) and was able to make revenue on a self-owned internet commercial broadcaster.

I haven't bothered to probe around for the cutoff point, but your 10K is higher than my initial attempt that didn't get any money and caused me to try USPW. I forgot what the USPW trial's viewership was, but I believe it was well over a million.

Is it written down somewhere at which company size workers with a certain populary won't even negotiate, as they feel that the company is too small for them? I am looking for a table with the exact numbers.

You're probably not going to find a table with the exact numbers.

There are more factors then just popularity. It depends on their personality, how long they have been out of work, and I believe relationships with people in your company.

As well as attributes such as Fame Hungry/Loves the Business/Money Motivated, and so on.

It's under Diary, along with events and TV shows. There's also Ratings Centre in the Broadcasters section, where you can see the viewership of all shows from the previous day, including non-wrestling shows.

Like I said, I may be dumb, but the only thing I see in my diary is upcoming contact expiries?

Like I said, I may be dumb, but the only thing I see in my diary is upcoming contact expiries?

Are you playing a mod? Or the default Cornellverse? If it's a mod there might simply not be any, because it's not a feature that was explicitly in the last game so they won't be able to be converted.

You can only send a certain number of people per PC depending on its size, but from what I've seen/read there's no downside to sending people, so no reason not to max them out.

Maybe fatigue will recover slower, haven't played long term enough with a PC to notice.

So something is seriously bothering me. Angles seems messed up. Every single time I book an angle, it's either too long or too short and I tested this. I tried to run a freestyle angle at 6 mins, it said it was too long so I tried to run another at 5 mis, but then it was too short. What am I supposed to do?

Also I imported my database from TEW2016 to TEW2020, and it keeps telling me that my wrestlers are holding back. What? They never held back anything in TEW2016 and now they are? I don't get it at all. Can someone help me with both of those things please?

What product are you using? Might want to post the first issue on the tech support forum because that sounds weird.

The second one is normal and happened in 2016 too. Wrestlers (except Dynamos) hold back on less important shows (including TV) so they can save their best performances for monthly events.

Game Year or Era?

Hello everybody! I feel silly for asking, even after searching the forums, but I thought I read that we'd be able to choose our starting game year? Did I misinterpret something because I can't find the option?

Thanks in advance. I'm really enjoying TEW 2020 and soon discovered that I definitely could benefit from having a huge whiteboard in my office now to keep everything straight. :D

What product are you using? Might want to post the first issue on the tech support forum because that sounds weird.

The second one is normal and happened in 2016 too. Wrestlers (except Dynamos) hold back on less important shows (including TV) so they can save their best performances for monthly events.

I'll do that with the first one. The second one actually makes sense. Guess I'll just change the events. Thank you!

Hello everybody! I feel silly for asking, even after searching the forums, but I thought I read that we'd be able to choose our starting game year? Did I misinterpret something because I can't find the option?

Thanks in advance. I'm really enjoying TEW 2020 and soon discovered that I definitely could benefit from having a huge whiteboard in my office now to keep everything straight. :D

I believe you can change it, yes, but from the in-game editor!

I hear you with the whiteboard ;)

I think you misinterpreted. The starting year is set by the database and although it can be changed (in the editor) all that will do is make everyone younger/older without changing anything else.

Two places I can think of that you may have misread: you can start the trial version in any year (as long as it's January) so you can play historical mods.

There's an "ageing/deaging" feature which helps (but doesn't automatically) create databases from various years, but they still need to be finished off manually.

I apologize for what is probably a dumb question:

Do the updates to the beta affect a save I've already started? Should I be holding back starting on the big long main save I'm planning until the final version is out?

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but 79 pages is a bit much to search through

I don't know if i'm the only one who's having a really hard time with the editor. If I want to MASS EDIT alot of stats, like assigning attributes, increasing brawling, etc... I have to scroll manually and right click on a worker's name.

Let say I have a database of over 6000 people, it is very very hard to do mass editing. If I click on Toggle List, wich is better, the mass edit button dissapears!! why?

If I use the search button, I can only do one at a time because if I highlight one wrestler, it's deselected once change what i'm looking for