General Gameplay Questions Thread

There is a popularity difference, if you start unemployed and then create your own company on rock hard, you will start with 10 popularity in your home region and some popularity in other regions. You can set your popularity to whatever you want if you add it in via the editor, I start at 0 popularity everywhere.

You also start out with $250,000 if you go make a company at the rock hard setting. You can make it whatever you want in the editor.

All I needed to know. Much appreciated!

There is a popularity difference, if you start unemployed and then create your own company on rock hard, you will start with 10 popularity in your home region and some popularity in other regions. You can set your popularity to whatever you want if you add it in via the editor, I start at 0 popularity everywhere.

You also start out with $250,000 if you go make a company at the rock hard setting. You can make it whatever you want in the editor.

This is absolutely not correct. Everything scales with your user characters booking reputation for starting a company. If you have 0 rep you actually start with $5,000 on rock hard if I remember correctly.The starting popularity of your company also scales.

I noticed 2 odd small things, that should be different imo:

- I talked Sabrina Wells into working in Europe, when she was unemployed. But she is a "Homebody". Shouldn't she be blocked completely from going to a new area?

- I just signed Jacob Jett, who is an "Agitator". Despite that he has currently a mildly positive influence in my backstage area. While this is nice, I don't see any reason for him not to be a jerk. ;-)

What is Jett's morale? I have two Agitators on my roster (Hellcat Hernandez and Honey Badger) and they're both flat 'positive' influences backstage. But they're also 'extremely happy' and have been so for over a year, which might explain that to some degree.

afaik it's just about the worker not changing their base

No. The trait says "The worker will not become available in new game areas (other than via an excursion)". You're thinking of 'Deep Roots'.

Anybody running a G1 Climax style tournament in a monthly ppv/weekly tv show company?

I have 3 brands-so 3 tv shows a week. 1 PPV a month. So running a G1 style tournament means I need a lot of shows for matches but Im not sure how to run it effectively?

My idea was somewhat strange, but for the month of the tournament (eg; November) Running 9 touring event shows for the tournament throughout the month, then at the end of the month have the final? Would it be better to run the shows as lesser intent or touring?

Anybody running a G1 Climax style tournament in a monthly ppv/weekly tv show company?

I have 3 brands-so 3 tv shows a week. 1 PPV a month. So running a G1 style tournament means I need a lot of shows for matches but Im not sure how to run it effectively?

My idea was somewhat strange, but for the month of the tournament (eg; November) Running 9 touring event shows for the tournament throughout the month, then at the end of the month have the final? Would it be better to run the shows as lesser intent or touring?

You can always run the tournament for longer than 1 month. If you run it for 2 months, every worker can get in 8 matches in the tournament. If you run it for 3 months every worker can get in 12 matches in the tournament. I have a touring schedule so I have 12 shows leading up to G5 Climax.

Also if you divide your tournament into two blocks or groups, in a double round robin, you can feature more workers without the extra matches.

https://tournamentscheduler.net/ this site is good to help you run tournaments.

What is Jett's morale? I have two Agitators on my roster (Hellcat Hernandez and Honey Badger) and they're both flat 'positive' influences backstage. But they're also 'extremely happy' and have been so for over a year, which might explain that to some degree.

He just arrived, so he is slidely positive.

I mentioned it, because in the attributes it is described differently.

Who explains to me how best to use these roles in the contract?

Gatekeeper.

Future Main Eventer

Backbone

Blue Chipper

Don't know the mechanics, but I would expect:

- expects to be booked regularly

- being pushed and becoming a Star during his run

- being booked often

- expects not to win very often

But, yeah, a (mouse over?) info about the attached expectations would be nice.

I've run a G1 style tourney, called the C1 with the same 2X8 Man Round Robin Blocks. When I was just a 1 weekly show + monthly event company, the tourney ran from Week 1 in March to Week 3 in May...with the Final at the Event Week 3. Gave me enough time to fit everything in, but it was tight. You end up booking mostly tourney matches for that period of time, but the tourney is great so it works. When I added my 60 min B show, I put some of the not as 'hot' match-ups as the Main Event for that show. I'm now a Medium company, so some of the match-ups were getting dinged for having guys the fans didn't care about...thus the move to the B show. This last one (my 3rd) was the 1st I used the B show to book matches, and the tourney wasn't as good this year imo. Part of that was it as a bit top heavy, but the urgency wasn't there cause I had too many dates to play with...so having a tighter timeline and it basically taking over your fed (outside of Title matches and Tag matches for guys who aren't in the tourney).

Just my two cents.

How do I know if new workers are being (or going to be) generated in my game?

I'm using RWC database and downloaded Sabin's free picture pack and followed the instructions before setting up a game world. I imported his pictures into the free pictures of the database I chose to use.

Now I've been playing for about 6-7 months and haven't seen any new workers pop up, and when I search for unemployed workers with 1 year of experience I get no results.

I know in the past there were things in database such as "new worker frequency" and stuff I can't find anything like that anymore.

He just arrived, so he is slidely positive.

Don't know the mechanics, but I would expect:

- expects to be booked regularly

- being pushed and becoming a Star during his run

- being booked often

- expects not to win very often

But, yeah, a (mouse over?) info about the attached expectations would be nice.

If you click on the "?" at the top of the window it gives you descriptions.

Gatekeeper: Will rarely complain losing to people at their level or above

Future Main Eventer: Expects to be used heavily and not lose to lower level workers very much

Backbone: Expects to be used heavily but will be happy to put other people over quite a lot

Blue Chipper: Expects to beat most workers who are at a lower level than them

How do I know if new workers are being (or going to be) generated in my game?

I'm using RWC database and downloaded Sabin's free picture pack and followed the instructions before setting up a game world. I imported his pictures into the free pictures of the database I chose to use.

Now I've been playing for about 6-7 months and haven't seen any new workers pop up, and when I search for unemployed workers with 1 year of experience I get no results.

I know in the past there were things in database such as "new worker frequency" and stuff I can't find anything like that anymore.

Rookies are 0 years instead of 1 year of experience.

If you go into the editor you can filter the workers by "Yet to debut" and it will show everyone who hasn't become active yet.

Sorry for my english, i'm french.

I have a question about closed federations.

I started a game with NJPW and I would like (with a 2nd avatar) to reopen the Lucha Underground. LU is present in the database so I cannot just create the federation with the same name ... Is it possible to reopen a closed federation?

Thank you

Why shouldn't I sign them with handshake? With that I'm even more flexible and can kick the kids out after 6 months - if I want so.

If they really build no popularity, the other promotion will not raid me for them. Except small companies, who will give them additional experience per handshake deals.

And if they do build up popularity, it will bite me 2 years from now when I resign them and they want much more money.

Best way imo is to have them on handshake and check them every few months. When they are starting to get really interesting, sign them on exclusive 10 year deals. ;)

P.S.: If you regret that contract someday, there may always be the chance for you to talk them into Steroids, later test them and fire them about Steroid abuse... =)

I don’t think you can do a developmental handshake deal. I could be wrong, but in past games you weren’t able to. If you are planning on not using them in a developmental company and build them up yourself, then yeah it’s cheaper to do a handshake for sure.

I don’t think you can do a developmental handshake deal. I could be wrong, but in past games you weren’t able to. If you are planning on not using them in a developmental company and build them up yourself, then yeah it’s cheaper to do a handshake for sure.

I have 95% of my development workers (and even some staff) on handshake agreement. Works fine. ;)

It even has the advantage, that some workers get additional work outside of my alliance. And when someone else offers them an exclusive deal, I can still think about how much they are worth to me (and how much I believe in them).

I have 95% of my development workers (and even some staff) on handshake agreement. Works fine. ;)

It even has the advantage, that some workers get additional work outside of my alliance. And when someone else offers them an exclusive deal, I can still think about how much they are worth to me (and how much I believe in them).

That's good to know. I guess there isn't any advantage to having them written exclusive until they are more attractive to other companies that can lock them down.

It can happen that the initial ~2,000 they want for a 2 year contract are cheaper than when they increase their demand to a few hundred per appearence. But should be the exception.

Personally I only lock them down when I'm sure, that I want to use them at least mid-term. Or when I have a weak spot for the character. ;)

Currently negotiating new broadcasting deals. Specifically commercial PPV atm

What should I be looking for as far choosing between different timeslots goes? Does higher minimum quality = more viewers for that timeslot?

For example I'm looking at being offered a afternoon deal or a late night deal. Afternoon minimum quality is 42, and late night is like 52 or something. Which would be more beneficial to me? Do they differ in any other ways?

Also while I'm at it; proposed episodes -- what does it mean when I am negotiating and a company wants a minimum of 12 episodes for a 1 year deal? I'm assuming that means within a year of signing that deal I must produce 12 PPV events for them? Or does that mean the deal cannot end until I broadcast 12 PPV events for them? What happens if I don't do 12 PPV events in that year? What if I try to hold 13 or more?

Can I use a champion from another promotion. I'm booking the IWA from the 1991 Peaking Tides Mod. My question is can I have a wrestler from another company defend their title on my show? For example can I have Jerry Lawler defend the USWA Title on one of my IWA shows?