General Gameplay Questions Thread

<p>How do I assign an owner and booker to a child company?</p><p> </p><p>

Can I send staff down to a child company? Or is my only option to select to send them there when signing new contracts?</p><p> </p><p>

When I sign a road agent to send to my child company they say they don’t want to and it’s too small for them. Does this matter long term?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JayAB34" data-cite="JayAB34" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can I use a champion from another promotion. I'm booking the IWA from the 1991 Peaking Tides Mod. My question is can I have a wrestler from another company defend their title on my show? For example can I have Jerry Lawler defend the USWA Title on one of my IWA shows?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not possible</p>

I'm getting Critical Errors that a worker's contract is set to begin in the future. Where do I change the date setting of a DB? Don't really want to be going through each individual contract to alter this as there are Many and I don't see Contract Start available in the Bulk Edit feature?

I'm running a B show with all my lower midcard guys. I'm not gaining popularity nor money with it. So the question is, do the workers benefit by having more matches in terms on getting their skills up? Because if they don't i would consider just cancelling it since i wouldn't have any benefit running it. Thanks

Can child companies sign their own wrestlers up?

No. A child company is completely dependent on its parent.

I'm running a B show with all my lower midcard guys. I'm not gaining popularity nor money with it. So the question is, do the workers benefit by having more matches in terms on getting their skills up? Because if they don't i would consider just cancelling it since i wouldn't have any benefit running it. Thanks

Workers benefit from having actual booked matches in front of crowds more than any other method of training. The purpose of a B show is not to gain popularity (it doesn't) and not to make money (though they can), it's to give workers an opportunity to work booked matches in front of crowds. Workers can improve by working house shows but at a much slower rate than a B show or developmental show. The whole 'drip feed' mechanic means it often takes a year to see results but you can see when progress is being made. Also, B shows are good for circumventing drip feeding. Mentor-protege exchanges aren't subject to drip feed so the more shows you have, the more opportunity you have for these events to happen.

Is it possible to play as the owner and then hire a booker to do the booking so I, as the owner, would do everything other than booking shows? Thanks

No. TEW is a booking simulator game. There really aren't any 'owner only' mechanics to speak of. You can sorta simulate only being the owner by just autobooking everything and then changing what you want to change (like Vince does).

No. TEW is a booking simulator game. There really aren't any 'owner only' mechanics to speak of. You can sorta simulate only being the owner by just autobooking everything and then changing what you want to change (like Vince does).

Thanks.

If I set up storylines, will the autobooker take those into account when booking the shows?

Is there a way to pay everyone on my roster a bonus all at once, or do I have to do it one by one? I have a half dozen folks annoyed about being left off a PPV.

Yes. You can select "Entire Roster" in the same dropdown menu were you select the worker recieving the bonus

Visual aid since this question gets asked a lot. :) (It's a thumbnail. Click for the full sized image)

http://i.imgur.com/XmfmUz4l.jpg

No. A child company is completely dependent on its parent.

Workers benefit from having actual booked matches in front of crowds more than any other method of training. The purpose of a B show is not to gain popularity (it doesn't) and not to make money (though they can), it's to give workers an opportunity to work booked matches in front of crowds. Workers can improve by working house shows but at a much slower rate than a B show or developmental show. The whole 'drip feed' mechanic means it often takes a year to see results but you can see when progress is being made. Also, B shows are good for circumventing drip feeding. Mentor-protege exchanges aren't subject to drip feed so the more shows you have, the more opportunity you have for these events to happen.

Thanks for the insightful answer. In this version of TEW i find a little bit harder to know when a wrestler is making progress. I'll keep them running based on your feedback. Thanks :D

Thanks.

If I set up storylines, will the autobooker take those into account when booking the shows?

Unfortunately no. I like to play as "Owner only" games too. I usually set up a couple of Storylines that have 6 or 7 workers who are paired against each other often. Like a Cruiserweight storyline, a Women's storyline, a Main Eventer's storyline, and maybe a tag team or undercard storyline. This way I can let the autobooker take control of things and usually avoid the "No associated storyline" penalty.

Has anyone seen the AI sign a rookie that wasn't a graduate of their dojo, under normal circumstances? I'm noticing that the AI just seems to ignore really good rookies, when they have a blatant need for talent. I started looking around the world at the various workers debuting and sitting in the free agent pool for months, despite being good enough to be on someone's roster. I've seen 5 Star sign rookies months after their debut but only because they fell below the minimum roster number after a USPW talent raid. And they didn't have a choice (someone's been hoarding all the talent *cough* ). FGS, they have Ellie May Walton on their roster but <a href="https://i.imgur.com/KlIr6FV.jpg" rel="external nofollow">this worker</a> isn't worth signing?!? On the men's side, even the promotions with developmental agreements haven't signed anyone for that purpose, unless they graduated from their owned wrestling school.

<p>Ratings</p><p> </p><p>

In a June '98 Mod.A little confused, because the majority of my angles / Matches on Raw score in the 80's /90's. My company's momentum has fallen, as has the popularity . I am about to be downgraded. in most N. American Regions. I'm going to lose size. Yet my final show rating is always in the 70's what am I doing wrong?</p>

In a June '98 Mod.A little confused, because the majority of my angles / Matches on Raw score in the 80's /90's. My company's momentum has fallen, as has the popularity . I am about to be downgraded. in most N. American Regions. I'm going to lose size. Yet my final show rating is always in the 70's what am I doing wrong?

How good is your main event? That typically accounts for a large portion of the final rating. It doesn't matter if your undercard is in the 80's 7 90's if your main event is a 65.

I figure a Brawler style wrestler will use the brawling stat. I figure a Technician will use the technician stat. But what do others use? I most want to know what Technician Strikers and Impactful wrestlers would use, if anyone knows.

The styles are mostly for the ai, wrestlers just use what they're best at (if it suits your product, I assume hardcore wrestlers will perform poorly in a puro company pr something)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mdycnt" data-cite="mdycnt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I figure a Brawler style wrestler will use the brawling stat. I figure a Technician will use the technician stat. But what do others use? I most want to know what Technician Strikers and Impactful wrestlers would use, if anyone knows.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Technician Striker is typically a worker with good technical AND brawling. Impactful workers are generally those with good brawling AND puroresu.</p><p> </p><p> Hmm, might be better to do a list for the combo styles. These might not be 100% correct as I'm just going by comparing the stats of workers using these styles.</p><p> </p><p> Powerhouse - Brawling and Power</p><p> Impactful - Brawling and Puroresu</p><p> Technician Flyer - Technical and Aerial</p><p> Technician Striker - Technical and Brawling</p><p> Daredevil - Aerial, Flashiness, Athleticism</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Technician Striker is typically a worker with good technical AND brawling. Impactful workers are generally those with good brawling AND puroresu.<p> </p><p> Hmm, might be better to do a list for the combo styles. These might not be 100% correct as I'm just going by comparing the stats of workers using these styles.</p><p> </p><p> Powerhouse - Brawling and Power</p><p> Impactful - Brawling and Puroresu</p><p> Technician Flyer - Technical and Aerial</p><p> Technician Striker - Technical and Brawling</p><p> Daredevil - Aerial, Flashiness, Athleticism</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd say those look about right - but it's important to note from a game perspective as the player, the styles don't mean anything. Workers use the stat they're best at as long as it fits in with the product/match type. The style is just cosmetic and for AI booking.</p>

1 venue for all shows

Starting a game as TNA is there a way to make the impact zone the venue for all TV recordings without having to do it manually each week either in game or in the editor?

I have it as owned by TNA and set as the home venue

Is there any way to hire a worker outside of your game area for one of your development companies?

Playing as an American company I've taken over a Japanese company and kept it open as a development company. I want to sign workers that are only active in Japan to work in my development company, but unless I'm missing something there's not a way to?