General Gameplay Questions Thread

I have two questions:

1) Is there a way to rename/delete an alter ego directly in the game ? I created an alter ego for a new recruit, but made a typo and only realised it once I saved the alter ego...

I know I could simply recreate one, and pretend I didn't see that one whenever I need to change, but I'd like to make it "clean" if at all possible.

2) If I create a database based on the save, like there's the option to do, does the new database start Day 1, Week 1 of that month, or does it start from the day I created the database ?

If you have a worker in your promotion that works multiple companies, and don't book them on your show, do they work the other show?

If the worker prioritizes the other company, he won't work the other show because otherwise he wouldn't have been available to work your show.

If the worker prioritzes your company over the other, he might still work the other show.

I have two questions:

2) If I create a database based on the save, like there's the option to do, does the new database start Day 1, Week 1 of that month, or does it start from the day I created the database ?

You can only create databases on day one of the month in a save, so they will all start there.

The in game editor

I couldn't see how to change it. I tried his page and it shows wrestler being ticked, as he has agreed to it in game. I tried contract as I thought it may be under that but it didn't show any intended usage.

Do you have any screenshots please?

I couldn't see how to change it. I tried his page and it shows wrestler being ticked, as he has agreed to it in game. I tried contract as I thought it may be under that but it didn't show any intended usage.

You can reduce the number of days left in the contract and then renegotiate a new deal normally.

How does the game work out workers' perceptions? I can't figure it out and it's really bugging me- I've got 15 stars or major stars on a 22-man roster and I can't figure out how from the numbers.

It's their overness +/- momentum relative to your company's overness.

You might be thinking of it of the workers relative to one another, which is what it used to be like and has now changed.

The help file explains it pretty neatly, but the content on the perception system is a bit buried as it's not in the workers section.

You need to shorten his contract and renegotiate

Did you ask him to come out of retirement for another run? It should have automatically made him active as a wrestler unless his contract has a clause for out of ring. If that's the case -- which I'm guessing it is since Jason Jordan isn't supposed to wrestle again -- you have to go the in-game editor and go to contracts. Go to Jason Jordan. Edit him down to 28 days left and then renegotiate his deal to not have the clause to only be out of ring work.

It's their overness +/- momentum relative to your company's overness.

You might be thinking of it of the workers relative to one another, which is what it used to be like and has now changed.

The help file explains it pretty neatly, but the content on the perception system is a bit buried as it's not in the workers section.

Thanks Blake- when I looked I think the problem is that most of my roster has equal or higher popularity than the company itself (Championship Wrestling from Wigan). When you look at it in those terms it actually does make a lot more sense.

How do I reactivate an inactive tag team?

I have Lucha House Party with 100 experience, but inactive, I can't change the settings in the "search tag" button, and I can't add a new team with the same name?

What do you mean you can't change the search? Do you mean you're right clicking the Search button to reset the filters? Because the default is showing Active teams, so you would need to click Search and change the team type.

What do you mean you can't change the search? Do you mean you're right clicking the Search button to reset the filters? Because the default is showing Active teams, so you would need to click Search and change the team type.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I can't see any option to change back to active?

How do I reactivate an inactive tag team?

I have Lucha House Party with 100 experience, but inactive, I can't change the settings in the "search tag" button, and I can't add a new team with the same name?

Office > Teams > Click Search > change type to Any Type > select the team in question > change the Type dropdown to an active type and press Save.

I don't understand the current company size/popularity mechanics.

My company just went to Medium size. Despite using an own multi-national broadcaster I don't get an increase in popularity in all areas except the home country.

On the other hand I have a dev company, which uses the same broadcaster does its shows only in one place. But their popuarity increases in other areas.

What is needed to increase size in other areas? I would enjoy some transparence, what I should do.

I don't understand the current company size/popularity mechanics.

My company just went to Medium size. Despite using an own multi-national broadcaster I don't get an increase in popularity in all areas except the home country.

On the other hand I have a dev company, which uses the same broadcaster does its shows only in one place. But their popuarity increases in other areas.

What is needed to increase size in other areas? I would enjoy some transparence, what I should do.

Do you run in different places? Have your shows been better than your company popularity? At a certain point, to gain popularity in a region you have to hold shows there. You also have to put on shows that are better than your popularity in the region. If your not, you won't grow there.

With the Performance Centers…how long should I keep a wrestler there to get the most benefit before swapping them out for someone else?

That's entirely up to you and their skill development. When they've hit the skill level you want them to get, pull them out. They do develop faster working on live shows.

Any advice on how to run a touring company using a brand split? Playing as TCW running a touring system (Thanks to Dalton's Idea), just brought out SWF and all their titles and roster, kept them as a separate brand.

Well, you're just going to be running a lot of shows. Create Tours for each brand and just operate each on their own brands.