General Gameplay Questions Thread

I can agree that it seems the main use of alter-egos is supposed to be to allow a worker to have a separate name in two different promotions but then my question really is that I just don't understand how I'd replicate something like 4 faces of Foley. As you'd assume the alter-ego feature would be good for it. I suppose I'd just have a gimmick called 4 Faces of Foley and that would have to encompass them all, but then it's a shame if you want them to have different gimmick types, and ideally you'd want the different gimmicks to have different ratings.

I understand that perhaps this is more a limitation of the gimmick system as opposed to something that the alter-ego system is supposed to do. Although I think it would work better under the alter-ego system as that's also linked to the name and picture of a worker. I'm sure this is more a discussion for the suggestion thread, I just wanted to check if anyone had any ideas of ways to still do something like the 4 faces of foley. I just wanted a character to have a masked persona, and then his normal persona so I'm not sure if anyone else has had 1 worker player 2 characters and replicated it well in game.

Mick Foley - default persona.

Cactus Jack - "Anywhere".

Mankind "Used in... WWE"

Dude Love "Used in... WWE"

The only face of Foley used anywhere other than WWE is Cactus Jack. His default self appeared in multiple places.

If you have a situation where Mankind is lent out to FCW as Mankind, I would just create Record Name "Mankind FCW" and set it to be used in FCW, but the actual Worker Name will remain Mankind. So when you loan out Mankind to FCW or develop/trainer him there, it should usually set him as Mankind - especially if you have "100%" chance to use gimmick there.

As a reminder, the percents to use a gimmick are weighed against one another and do not need to equal 100. If you want two gimmicks to have a 50% chance to be used, and one to have a 25% chance to be used, set the first two to 100, and the next to 50. It will work.

Edit: In my custom promotion, I give everyone:

1. A custom alt for the promotion.

2. If applicable, a "clone" for elsewhere; "The Undertaker" becomes "The Mortician" or simply "The Deadman" or "Dead Man Walking".

3. Sometimes, I give someone a masked alt. How ya doing, Sami El Generico? (If I have a Fake Undertaker, I just set Brian Lee to "Fake Undertaker Lee" record name but Worker Name remains "The Undertaker")

4. Sometimes, a faction based alt. If you're in "Legion of Doom", you're a Road Warrior with spikes and facepaint. If you're in The Ministry, you're a cultist. Anyone who joins a faction gets an alt.

So, I usually give my workers 3-5 alts. A default, and two others. From there, I might give 1-2 "Ager" alts or something. I love alts.

<p>Forgive me for asking but what does it mean when it says:</p><p> </p><p>

we would have gained popularity in an additional 2 regions but growth was restricted due to the audience size?</p><p> </p><p>

Just had a 90 rated show and it came up with that in the post show notes</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KingAj" data-cite="KingAj" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Forgive me for asking but what does it mean when it says:<p> </p><p> we would have gained popularity in an additional 2 regions but growth was restricted due to the audience size?</p><p> </p><p> Just had a 90 rated show and it came up with that in the post show notes</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It’s from the natural growth system. Adam’s response in the suggestion forum:</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Closing this. As I've already stated, this is addressed in the next patch. The new system will be that the region the show is being held in is exempt, regions in the company's home area have a very high ceiling, minimum 55, and foreign regions have a lower cap, minimum 35. This addresses the issues raised and still performs the necessary task of stopping companies like EILL from gaining high levels of popularity in the US through a small broadcasting deal without ever visiting there.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=548695" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=548695</a></p><p> </p><p> There is an option to turn these caps off (Natural Growth).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="VBigB" data-cite="VBigB" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It’s from the natural growth system. Adam’s response in the suggestion forum:<p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=548695" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=548695</a></p><p> </p><p> There is an option to turn these caps off (Natural Growth).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Got it, thank you!</p>

<p>Total newbie to the forums and relative newbie to the game so apologies if this is a question answered elsewhere / something really obvious that I can't quite see the answer to but would appreciate help!</p><p> </p><p>

Tiny company with 30 rating in my local area. I'm running shows there with a 60+ score, but I'm getting messages after the show saying to the effect of 'your show had no effect on your popularity'. I wondered if this was right, as a rule of thumb when I've previously played, whenever the show scored higher than my local are popularity, the popularity score would go up.</p><p> </p><p>

Some notes so that its not one of these potential things:</p><p>

Its not a lesser show - I've had it set as normal importance</p><p>

The show takes place in the local area with the 30 rating</p><p>

Due to being tiny, I rarely go outside the local area for monetary reasons</p><p>

Style is 'no style-style'.</p><p> </p><p>

I don't know if any of the above affects popularity etc.? Would really appreciate any help. Sorry for what I suspect is a question with a super-easy answer</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="PaulDangerous" data-cite="PaulDangerous" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Total newbie to the forums and relative newbie to the game so apologies if this is a question answered elsewhere / something really obvious that I can't quite see the answer to but would appreciate help!<p> </p><p> Tiny company with 30 rating in my local area. I'm running shows there with a 60+ score, but I'm getting messages after the show saying to the effect of 'your show had no effect on your popularity'. I wondered if this was right, as a rule of thumb when I've previously played, whenever the show scored higher than my local are popularity, the popularity score would go up.</p><p> </p><p> Some notes so that its not one of these potential things:</p><p> Its not a lesser show - I've had it set as normal importance</p><p> The show takes place in the local area with the 30 rating</p><p> Due to being tiny, I rarely go outside the local area for monetary reasons</p><p> Style is 'no style-style'.</p><p> </p><p> I don't know if any of the above affects popularity etc.? Would really appreciate any help. Sorry for what I suspect is a question with a super-easy answer</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Have you upgraded to the latest patch 1.14? In patch 1.13 you were capped at 30 as a tiny company since the way natural growth was set up you had to have more than 5000 people see the show to pass 30 pop. With patch 1.14 the area the show is held in is now exempt. It’s the same thing I posted about 2 posts up.</p>

Above the worker's profile on your roster screen it will say '(wrestler name) is a (age) wrestler, blah, blah. Depending on skins it'll usually be highlighted. Click on that section and it'll open the character details screen. Click on the picture of the character and it'll open the folder with all your pictures inside.

Have you upgraded to the latest patch 1.14? In patch 1.13 you were capped at 30 as a tiny company since the way natural growth was set up you had to have more than 5000 people see the show to pass 30 pop. With patch 1.14 the area the show is held in is now exempt. It’s the same thing I posted about 2 posts up.

Apologies, I'm absolutely terrible at searching for similar things to this, hence not seeing your post / related thread. I do have the most recent patch but guess its the next one that will address this? Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

Apologies, I'm absolutely terrible at searching for similar things to this, hence not seeing your post / related thread. I do have the most recent patch but guess its the next one that will address this? Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

Just realised I do not have the most recent patch! An example of quite how terrible I am at this sort of thing. Apols & thanks again!

I apologise if this issue has already been addressed...

I am running a mod where the main company I control is not WWE, but I still want WWE's AI to run a brand-split without me needing to keeping "helping."

For example, on multiple occasions, I have temporarily assumed ownership of WWE just to setup the brand split, but then deleted my owner avatar to revert WWE back to AI control. But oddly, each time I either attempt to have them do a Full Draft or manually go in and Trade all the wrestlers to the show I think they would work best on, right after I relinquish control back to the AI, they go ahead and do another Full Draft themselves.

What gives?

Thanks.

On TEW 2016 you could change the 'destiny rolls' of people by maxing the in game editor of their stats and pop, saving the game and then putting their stats and pop back to normal to make them next big things. Anyone know if there's a way to do this in 2020 as so far I've had no luck

I'm going to assume no ones tried this yet on this years? I can't get anything higher than the 'won't make millions of dollars but will be a valuable member' note

Can anyone explain the difference is between the loyalty settings of off, normal and true born?

If loyalty is turned on, any graduates of your training facilities that you sign will be flagged as loyal to your company. Loyal workers won't sign exclusive contracts with anyone else as long as they still work for you.

True Born is basically super loyalty. According to the handbook, it works the same, but they also gain popularity faster.

So when a worker on an exclusive written deal with an iron clad clause takes an MMA fight is he still on my payroll when he runs off to train? I really don't like this feature. If I have them signed to a written deal and they can't work anywhere else, why do they get to go work somewhere else for an extended period of time while I get stuck (I'm guessing) footing the bill?

Shouldn't I have the choice to say "No, I hired you to work here. So work here."? I'm getting pretty fed up trying to build guys who flake out as much as they do and I just have to deal with it.

Edit On Hiatus/Left the Business

Really sorry if I've missed this elsewhere - is there a way in the in-game editor to change whether or not someone is on hiatus or has left the business? The last TEW I played was 2010, and I remember it being possible there. Got the game yesterday and haven't managed to find that yet.

Many thanks!

So when a worker on an exclusive written deal with an iron clad clause takes an MMA fight is he still on my payroll when he runs off to train? I really don't like this feature. If I have them signed to a written deal and they can't work anywhere else, why do they get to go work somewhere else for an extended period of time while I get stuck (I'm guessing) footing the bill?

Shouldn't I have the choice to say "No, I hired you to work here. So work here."? I'm getting pretty fed up trying to build guys who flake out as much as they do and I just have to deal with it.

I agree. I also think you should get more warning about guys leaving for politics

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ImmortalLiger" data-cite="ImmortalLiger" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Really sorry if I've missed this elsewhere - is there a way in the <strong>in-game editor</strong> to change whether or not someone is on hiatus or has left the business? The last TEW I played was 2010, and I remember it being possible there. Got the game yesterday and haven't managed to find that yet.<p> </p><p> Many thanks!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Once the game starts there is no way to change hiatuses or workers who have left the business</p>

When I'm told that I have sold 576 tickets for a gate of $4,600 in ticket sales, is that my definite gross and addition to my income?

My production costs are 5 grand for house shows plus a few hundred in others costs, is the gross I get in email including this cost? Or should I not run house shows in markets where I'm not making over 6ish grand per show?

I live the "new hot catchphrase" attribute.

Come to think of it... It would be nice, if occasionally one of these catchphrases become "legendary catchphrases", giving a permanent boost.

Similar to the phrases of Hogan, Austin or The Rock, which to this day have a big effect.

I keep having contract bids fail. Like, it's not the worker going with someone else, I'm straight up getting a mail item saying my bid has failed, and he doesn't think it's a good career move. I'm offering up max cash with a bunch of different things, and the worker has even said he would sign with me. What's going on?