• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For my first game outside of random tests in 2020, I left my comfort zone of puroresu and touring promotions and went for a more traditional Western company. I know MAW is a nice introductory promotion to the CVerse which I desperately needed so it was perfect.

I absolutely love the upgrades to alliance loans and talent trades. Not only that, but talent being cheaper is amazing. Not needing to worry about limits (I know limits still exist they're just looser) made booking the Rip Chord Invitational quite fun. I kept it at the traditional 8-man, and it ended up being good for my first try I believe. 4 reps from MAW, and one from each other COTT company. Frantic Ali for IPW, Frankie Perez for CZCW, Extraordinaro Jr for OLLIE, and Riley McManus for NYCW. Miller Fforde over Riley McManus in the final.

I also had a Bradley Blaze vs. Pablo Rodriguez match in a champion vs. champion nontitle match that someone else suggested. I originally was going to have Blaze go over, but after Rodriguez initially blocked the decision, I had an epiphany to have Pablo go over in a COTT title match, thus setting up having Pablo come back later in the year to put up his COTT title in order to get a shot at the MAW title since he has a pinfall victory over the champion. An easy way to get the COTT title onto one of my workers.

Riley McManus impressed so I'm bringing him in full time. He'll get an American title run before moving up the main title scene.

Miller Fforde is now the #1 contender for Blaze's title and after defeating Cheetah Boy in February, he will get that match (and victory) in March at Americana.

Mid Atlantic Wrestling has been fun thus far. As someone who doesn't play the CVerse much (since TEW2010 or 13 I think), I am moving along quite quickly!

I just had Tyrone Gray turn in his notice before I even held my first show. He said it’s time for him to move on. A shame, as I was planning on a good feud for DeMarcus & Gray vs. The Wolf Pack. Looks like I gotta get the titles on The Wolf Pack at tRCI.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="miz468" data-cite="miz468" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47577" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I just had Tyrone Gray turn in his notice before I even held my first show. He said it’s time for him to move on. A shame, as I was planning on a good feud for DeMarcus & Gray vs. The Wolf Pack. Looks like I gotta get the titles on The Wolf Pack at tRCI.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Wait what? He wasn't signed by someone else was he? If you hadn't even had a show yet I doubt you could make him mad enough to quit. People can just quit like that? Very interesting.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HugarLSU" data-cite="HugarLSU" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47577" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wait what? He wasn't signed by someone else was he? If you hadn't even had a show yet I doubt you could make him mad enough to quit. People can just quit like that? Very interesting.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah he had normal morale. I had not done anything to upset him. It just said he decided to move on. In fact, he was pre-booked to score the pinfall in the tag title match, but I don’t think that affects morale at all. </p><p> </p><p> On another note, I just got to the RCI and Pablo Rodriguez, who I have on a one show loan, took Guillotine under his wing. Looks like I gotta bring Pablo on full-time.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HugarLSU" data-cite="HugarLSU" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47577" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wait what? He wasn't signed by someone else was he? If you hadn't even had a show yet I doubt you could make him mad enough to quit. People can just quit like that? Very interesting.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah! People on handshake deals will occasionally put in notice after several years -- depending on their status in the company and their personality -- like guys saying 'eh I need a break from here. I want to go learn a new hold'</p>

Thank goodness for MAW! I have been determined to get into the C-Verse and after fumbling around with some companies and just not having any creative juice with them...I stumbled onto MAW and its been a perfect fit! It helps that I have rationalized this as my "home" company, being from Baltimore and all.

So many fun workers to build around and now I am just waiting for the full release to drop to continue on.

Bradley Blaze has of course been the focal point of my shows overcoming the heel antics of Cheetah Boy including a win over him at Wrestling Classic.

Meanwhile the RCI was won by newcomer Nelson Callum in an excellent finals match against Miller Fforde. Callum has immediately interjected himself in the Blaze/Cheetah beef, getting a title shot in March only to win by DQ but not win the title when Cheetah Boy couldn't accept his defeat to Blaze last month. We are now heading into April with a No DQ Triple Threat for the MAW Championship. Looking for ways to get Fforde into this as well as I found excellent chemistry with him and Callum.

I am still working my way around the rest of the roster, having turned Ade Nelson face and immediately into a program with former tag partner Josh Jacobs.

I brought The American Cobras over at the RCI to help push forward the feud between The Express and The Scheme, with Pilgram and Architect beating the Express down right as they were on the cusp of winning the COTT Tag Team Titles. This storyline is getting pretty hot due to some solid singles matches and a beatdown and save from the tag champs.

So much potential still to get involved in the card, but I need to even out my face/heel divide to really get that going forward.

MAW became the first company I did a long term save with in the C-Verse. I always related them in some way to Jim Crockett Promotions. Of course since they're in Mid-Atlantic and they started the COTT. Considering they took wrestling so seriously I had the idea to make a power rankings for the company to determine who could go for the World Title and Tag Titles. (Two separate for each division once I built the tag division up.)

I also loved the fact that MAW was basically the developmental territory for all companies in 2016. They were the company to check out for up and coming stars. Now with their partnership with TCW I wonder if that'll change. Will stars like Blaze, Fforde (always hated that name) and Architect end up in TCW or land elsewhere?

Thank goodness for MAW! I have been determined to get into the C-Verse and after fumbling around with some companies and just not having any creative juice with them...I stumbled onto MAW and its been a perfect fit! It helps that I have rationalized this as my "home" company, being from Baltimore and all.

So many fun workers to build around and now I am just waiting for the full release to drop to continue on.

Bradley Blaze has of course been the focal point of my shows overcoming the heel antics of Cheetah Boy including a win over him at Wrestling Classic.

Meanwhile the RCI was won by newcomer Nelson Callum in an excellent finals match against Miller Fforde. Callum has immediately interjected himself in the Blaze/Cheetah beef, getting a title shot in March only to win by DQ but not win the title when Cheetah Boy couldn't accept his defeat to Blaze last month. We are now heading into April with a No DQ Triple Threat for the MAW Championship. Looking for ways to get Fforde into this as well as I found excellent chemistry with him and Callum.

I am still working my way around the rest of the roster, having turned Ade Nelson face and immediately into a program with former tag partner Josh Jacobs.

I brought The American Cobras over at the RCI to help push forward the feud between The Express and The Scheme, with Pilgram and Architect beating the Express down right as they were on the cusp of winning the COTT Tag Team Titles. This storyline is getting pretty hot due to some solid singles matches and a beatdown and save from the tag champs.

So much potential still to get involved in the card, but I need to even out my face/heel divide to really get that going forward.

For getting Fforde involved in the world title feud you could do a tag match in May with Fforde & Blaze vs Callum & Cheetah. Maybe have Callum & Cheetah not meshing together and Fforde picks up the win.

For getting Fforde involved in the world title feud you could do a tag match in May with Fforde & Blaze vs Callum & Cheetah. Maybe have Callum & Cheetah not meshing together and Fforde picks up the win.

Yea that would definitely be an easy way to work him in for sure and may be what I do.

I just simmed through my first 3 month CVerse game and noticed TCW graduates going to MAW...and then noticed they were now a developmental for TCW...and I don't how how to feel anymore...

If it makes you feel better, they're not actually a child company. They're independent, just agreeing to (on a voluntary basis) accept TCW developmental workers.

If it makes you feel better, they're not actually a child company. They're independent, just agreeing to (on a voluntary basis) accept TCW developmental workers.

It does, actually :)

MAW is one of those companies I always loved to play with because it so closely resembled a lot of real world independent promotions that I've followed over the years.

So many initial heels!

Hired ant man, masked stranger, xavi fefara and ernest youngman (who prints money and good matches)

Had ernest win the rip chord and the cott heavyweight, pablo was brought in.

Ernest is pure gold in this game

I’ve debated bringing Youngman in as I have seen others have tons of success with him. I have been pleasantly surprised with Callum’s efforts in MAW thus far...as a heel of course, so my face/heel divide is still a bit screwy.

I turned Ade Nelson face and someone else who is escaping me at the moment, but definitely need some more. I put Xavi and Freedom Eagle in my notes as potential guys so nice to see someone else having some success with Xavi.

The problem with Youngman and Callum is I just know they're going to be snatched up by a big company very soon. I guess the smartest thing to do would be to sign them just to get good ratings in the main event and put over guys like Fforde and Blaze that are going to be cornerstones for a while.

The problem with Youngman and Callum is I just know they're going to be snatched up by a big company very soon. I guess the smartest thing to do would be to sign them just to get good ratings in the main event and put over guys like Fforde and Blaze that are going to be cornerstones for a while.

Well I always hire Ant-man to MAW due to your famous diary ;)

<p>I ended up deciding to play MAW again as my first full game. I really like how the adjustment to per show wages makes it feel like I am booking a tiny fed. </p><p> </p><p>

Pushing The Architect hard. Really want him to get a shot at bigger things. Also decided I would primarily hire relatively local wrestlers only. This is not so much for realism as to keep me from over hiring hahahaha</p>

Yeah! People on handshake deals will occasionally put in notice after several years -- depending on their status in the company and their personality -- like guys saying 'eh I need a break from here. I want to go learn a new hold'

It literally broke my heart when Jonah Pilgrim said he was handing in his notice. Like a dagger directly into my heart. He deserved a better deal anyway, its my own fault. :(

Seeing all the people getting into the C-verse through MAW makes me happy because I had the exact same route on the last game. Hope ya'll enjoy it as much as I did, It's a special company

While I didn't get into the C-Verse through MAW it does hold a special place in my heart. A lot, actually nearly all, of my faves when I started in 2010 were there. Jay Chord, Cameron Vessey, Casey Valentine, I think Mainstream Hernandez, etc. Always make sure to take a look to see who's coming up through there at the start of the database and pick a few guys to keep an eye on because of that

It literally broke my heart when Jonah Pilgrim said he was handing in his notice. Like a dagger directly into my heart. He deserved a better deal anyway, its my own fault. :(

I've had two people hand in their notices.

The first was Ernest Forthdyke-Hume who handed in his notice in the first week of the game. I replaced him with Honest Frank but hated losing him with his great chemistry with Marvin.

The second was Sean Noggin of the Wolf Pack. The Wolf Pack started with awful chemistry when tagging with each other but I said f that I would just get them to the 40 Tag Experience mark so that they would ignore the bad note. Just before I got him to the 40 Sean handed in his noticed. Made all of my hard work of getting them experience for not. So upset.

In other MAW news I have just finished Where It All Begins Again and some of my biggest surprises has been Deuce Deadline and Trix Triumph. Both just have been solid for me. Ended up tagging them randomly in the Sam Keith Classic and they did solid again. Used that to give them a tag title shot at Where It All Begins Again and they won that since I wanted a transition champs for a few months before I let the Heartbreak Express pick up the titles. Of course at the same time as Deuce and Trix title victory Heartbreak lose the feud against The Scheme and that hurt their pop for some reason so now I have to build up Heartbreak Express again so Deuce and Trix might have a longer title run then I first thought.

Meanwhile I am trying to fully build up The Architect to win the next RCI. He has been putting on good performances but he seems to be stuck between Well Known and Star. If I can't solidify The Architect in the next couple of months I might give the RCI to Miller Fforde instead.

Forgot to mention that Cheetah Boy is the current COTT World Champ. American Flash won the title from Pablo but the next month put in his notice to leave CZCW. I had a match already plan between Cheetah and American Flash that Cheetah was scheduled to lose but seeing that American Flash was moving on I instead hot shoted the title to Cheetah. He hasn't done much with it yet so I saw see how that goes.

So I've played up to August and here are the most interesting things going on in my game.

The Architect is my only Major Star. He will be taking the title from Bradley Blaze soon.

Bradley Blaze, Miller Fforde and Sandman Winks are my Stars.

Sam Keith is leaving to go to to TCW. No one else has been poached yet. Honest Frank has been brought in in response.

New Hires have been Harry Allen (brought in initially to be a Major Star but has since given his notice on retiring and is jobbing), Rayne Man (in response to Harry Allen leaving), and Haley Buck and DeAnna Desire (as managers).

Nelson & Jacobs turned to faces to balance out the roster.

Just started playing a new game with MAW and formed a stable called Generation Next (homage to ROH). It consists only of 2nd (or later) generation wrestlers led by my user character Eric Tyler. I signed 4 guys and they are making their debut at the RCI. I have decided to put Dreadnought and Original Sinner together as a tag team (Dread & Sin) but looking for ideas/suggestions on what their finisher would be.

The other two members are James Diaz and Chip Martin. I am hoping to have at least one of these guys make it to the top of the card, going to try with Martin first (as soon as he comes back from his injury).

Any other suggestions on who else could be hired as a member? I am looking for a woman to add since I added a women's division to MAW and TCW.