Public Beta Reaction Thread

For people who remember this sort of thing, is this the worst reception a TEW beta has gotten? Is it typical for there to be this many issues/unpopular changes and then it be fixed by the full version? I've always been pretty happy with the final products of TEW, but never really dove in until the beta phase was over. Can anyone give some insight? Is there going to be enough tweaking done in the next week or so to satisfy the complaints? Or are we stuck with the game and UI as is?

Probably the worst easily. However its the biggest changes from a previous game. It'll be in great shape in no time. Likely the reason he likes to do these 1 week beta testing periods. Get things right for the masses.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember release day for... 2013, maybe? Someone got hold of the trial direct from the server and posted a screenshot of the title page to universal mockery because no-one thought it would look like that.

Lo and behold...

The demos have generally been well-received in the past, but I do wonder if part of the issue is the long build-up - much longer than in past games, as far as I can recall.

The long wait, and the fact that people are locked down, some having lost their jobs, desperately looking for a way to past the time and a new, good game to play. And the game wasn't exactly what they were expecting, unfortunately. I think it's also that, psychologically - going back to the waiting thing - people have invested a lot emotionally into the game, precisely due to the long wait. The long dev journal. The hype. The expectations. The hopes. All that stuff. Emotionally, it's a big investment. And while it's not a monetary investment, per see, our brain doesn't always know the difference. So, in a way, I think people feel robbed because their brain tells them they've paid something for the game already.

My theory anyway. I mean, I'm disappointed, too. I just try not to be angry. And I wait to see how things look like when the retail version comes out. I hope for the best. But if not, then it's 2016, and 2016 is a fine game, I don't mind playing 2016 more.

I really enjoy the game so far

My main concern is the products. I think it would be better to be able to creat your own because the ones that are in the game doesn't match the company I want to play with (Impact)

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I could forgive some of the UI and scrolling issues, but if I could fix one thing in this whole game for the longevity of enjoyment it would be custom products.

I've been playing each edition of TEW and found 2016 a very fun edition and it probably got the most play out of me. I haven't played TEW in a few years now and was actually quite excited to get back to it with the 2020 edition, but I feel the current game has pushed me away from the series for good.

I was hoping for a serious improvement in UI which has always been a big weakness in all of Adam's games. Unfortunately, I think this game is the worst by far when it comes to UI and unfortunately it looks extremely dated and quite frankly quite amateurish. Moving between screens is cumbersome and there doesn't appear to be any keyboard hotkeys and it's missing way too many ease of use features. Also, being limited to a fixed size (albeit now a slightly larger) window is totally unacceptable to me. I can't think of any other game from recent years that has this limitation. I know this is a technical limitation for the language Adam uses to code the game, but this doesn't make it any less of an issue.

If one compares TEW20 to other sports management sims when it comes to look and feel, it seriously pales in comparison to the likes of Out Of the Park Baseball, Motorsport Manager or Franchise Hockey Manager. TEW looks like a big old Excel workbook and not even a particularly nicely laid out one. While maybe 5-10 years ago I was willing to look past this, I'm not anymore.

It's a real shame that what probably at it's core is a good game will not get the chance from me that I hope it would've.

Looking at the Training section, the Mid Atlantic Boot Camp isn't listed. I know it's closed, but I can't find a way to allow closed dojos/training schools to show up on the list as in previous games with Active/Inactive entries.

Hmm. I just click on search under the list of dojos in the training tab and can sort by status. Change it to inactive and it brings up a list of 11 inactive dojos, including the Mid Atlantic Boot Camp.

The search button is kinda hard to notice though, since it doesn't really look like it's part of the dojo popup. Just go straight down past the blank black area at the bottom of the dojo list to find it.

At the moment it looks like the player can go into other companies' profiles and edit their events. For example, if I wanted to, I could make another company spend tons of money on special sets.

Wow. That is a tremendous oversight.

You can essentially schedule every one of your competitors that have shared workers with you on your own schedule.

Hmm. I just click on search under the list of dojos in the training tab and can sort by status. Change it to inactive and it brings up a list of 11 inactive dojos, including the Mid Atlantic Boot Camp.

The search button is kinda hard to notice though, since it doesn't really look like it's part of the dojo popup. Just go straight down past the blank black area at the bottom of the dojo list to find it.

That'll be it - I was looking for 'Filter', 'Sort' or whatever. No doubt I'd have found it if I hadn't been skipping around like a gadfly trying to take it all in!

One change I love from previous games - you can now change match types and even participants without having to completely delete and rebook the match. Fantastic change!

That'll be it - I was looking for 'Filter', 'Sort' or whatever. No doubt I'd have found it if I hadn't been skipping around like a gadfly trying to take it all in!

One change I love from previous games - you can now change match types and even participants without having to completely delete and rebook the match. Fantastic change!

You can? I wasn't able to figure out how to change participants without deleting and rebooking last night.

Just letting everyone know that the .gif support that was implemented in TEW2016 continues to work in TEW2020 after the newest patch. However, the new version added on to the feature: If a worker belongs to a stable, it'll show the stable logo in the background instead of the promotion logo. Nice! :cool:

giffing.png

GIF'fing the Cornellverse!

I've already done the 3505 images that were used in TEW2016 but it'll take me some time to do the new 600+ images and do the rerenders of the old images but the pack is slowly coming together. :cool:

Screen is cut off on the right side.

I am not sure if anyone else is experiencing this with the Beta, but the right side of my screen is cut off. I am unable to close the game, as the "X" in the top right corner is not there. I am also unable to see popularity on the character screen. Is anyone else experiencing this? Very frustrating

517881972_Screencutoff.jpg.7ffbed81f87191f84dc693b0a4bbc4b6.jpg

I am not sure if anyone else is experiencing this with the Beta, but the right side of my screen is cut off. I am unable to close the game, as the "X" in the top right corner is not there. I am also unable to see popularity on the character screen. Is anyone else experiencing this? Very frustrating
have same thing this is because game made on 1366x768 and that sucks now i cant even play full game.....

and btw guys dont complain about game try playing like this...........

Low attendance

I’ve read a few posts here regarding low attendance numbers and I’m in the same boat, I cannot draw more then 1500 people for an event and I’m wwe using the who’s real world mod. Where shouts directly can I edit this for my database. I’m looking to do a massive edit before I start another game.

have same thing this is because game made on 1366x768 and that sucks now i cant even play full game.....

and btw guys dont complain about game try playing like this...........

Is there a way to adjust that to fit my computer? Or does anyone know what I would need to do to fix it? I have a little bit older of a PC, but it is still a good computer and I don't want to have to get a new computer to play the game. Thanks

You can essentially schedule every one of your competitors that have shared workers with you on your own schedule.

I just tested this out and I was able to make a rival company run their show on a different date on back to back days. I'm not sure if this is an actual tech support issue.

Is there a way to adjust that to fit my computer? Or does anyone know what I would need to do to fix it? I have a little bit older of a PC, but it is still a good computer and I don't want to have to get a new computer to play the game. Thanks
į dont know have same problem.

I don't really qualify these as issues. Unless it's multi-player games that you are concerned with.

The "Lucky Dip" user talent archetype is an issue for me, since you can run it over and over again without saving in order to start with a perfect executive.

We can already go in and edit so much of the game world already so i don't have a problem with this, just be disciplined and stay out.

You don't need to get a new computer, but a new monitor is probably a good idea if 1366x768 is too big. Get yourself a 1080p monitor, they are dirt cheap nowadays.

You can? I wasn't able to figure out how to change participants without deleting and rebooking last night.

Yes, just click on the VS picture when in the match booking screen. You can change things around from there. I presume it automatically removes RA notes that aren't useful any more.