Public Beta Reaction Thread

good evening!

in the 2016 version under database info i was able to set a date

on when the game starts creating new workers,

or even (by leaving that field blank) that there will never be newly created workers.

until now, i haven't found that option in the 2020 version.

does someone knows more on that?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good evening!

or even (by leaving that field blank) that there will never be newly created workers.

Worker generation is now tied into dojos - I believe if you remove them all, there won't be any generated, or if you add more, there'll be more coming through.

good evening!

all generated workers now come through training schools now, so it depends on the settings for the training schools how many generated workers you will get

all generated workers now come through training schools now, so it depends on the settings for the training schools how many generated workers you will get

Wait... so you can't turn off random workers unless you delete all dojos? Well that sucks for historical mods.

Wait... so you can't turn off random workers unless you delete all dojos? Well that sucks for historical mods.

i gues you could just set each one to no graduates instead of deleting them.

then leave it up to the player to switch them back on

This might already be something that is part of the final tweaking so apologies if it is something that has already been taken on board but looking at the new worker profile screen, the space given to skills is still a little inefficient and not as user-friendly as it could be, in my opinion. In a similar way to the restructure of the office screen, is something like this possible:

T8NdEJG.jpg

It makes better use of the space, you don't have to scroll any more, you can see all the stats at a glance, they are separated by type of stat. Personally I would really like that sort of change but don't know how feasible it is in terms of coding (if the programme only allows the list to be exported as one for that screen, obviously this wouldn't be possible).

I want this so bad.

Somebody give this guy a job.

This might already be something that is part of the final tweaking so apologies if it is something that has already been taken on board but looking at the new worker profile screen, the space given to skills is still a little inefficient and not as user-friendly as it could be, in my opinion. In a similar way to the restructure of the office screen, is something like this possible:

T8NdEJG.jpg

It makes better use of the space, you don't have to scroll any more, you can see all the stats at a glance, they are separated by type of stat. Personally I would really like that sort of change but don't know how feasible it is in terms of coding (if the programme only allows the list to be exported as one for that screen, obviously this wouldn't be possible).

Post this in suggestions, we'll all bump it.

T8NdEJG.jpg

I'm just astounded at how this wasn't what was done in the first place.

T8NdEJG.jpg

yes sir, that looks awesome!

T8NdEJG.jpg

Like others said, please post this in the Suggestions Subforum.

This would be a huge upgrade.

Am I the only one having problem with booking angles since the last couple of patches? The rectangles in the background are all out of whack now and it looks really...not good. However, that being said, the last few patches have been amazing overall. I love the progress that's been made.

Am I the only one having problem with booking angles since the last couple of patches? The rectangles in the background are all out of whack now and it looks really...not good. However, that being said, the last few patches have been amazing overall. I love the progress that's been made.

You have to add the Skin folder in the patch zip file.

i gues you could just set each one to no graduates instead of deleting them.

then leave it up to the player to switch them back on

i just tried that, and all training facilities have to be performance centers (and performance centers only) before you can set them to no graduates.

hmmm.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hive" data-cite="Hive" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wait... so you can't turn off random workers unless you delete all dojos? Well that sucks for historical mods.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The dojos produce a set number of workers per year. So let's say the dojo is set to produce four workers a year -- if the game already has it set to produce four workers that year -- no workers will be auto generated from it.</p><p> </p><p> So for historical purposes, if you have the Hart Dungeon set up and it's set to produce your four workers, but you've scheduled those four to debut already it won't produce any new workers from that dojo.</p>

<p>Adam is doing an excellent job with these patch updates. The new screens that he added are good too. Definitely easier on the eyes. The community in general is giving some awesome feedback. </p><p>

Booking shows is quicker with the way I play. It took me so long in TEW 16. The little things with less clicking and having to go back and everything really add up.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The dojos produce a set number of workers per year. So let's say the dojo is set to produce four workers a year -- if the game already has it set to produce four workers that year -- no workers will be auto generated from it.<p> </p><p> So for historical purposes, if you have the Hart Dungeon set up and it's set to produce your four workers, but you've scheduled those four to debut already it won't produce any new workers from that dojo.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What's the most that can be generated in a year? Whatever the settings / game world. What is the most that can be created?</p>

<p>Wouldn't creating fictional dojos fix the problem for historical mods that want randomly generated characters as well?</p><p> </p><p>

Or possibly multiple dojos from the same training facility?</p><p> </p><p>

For example:</p><p> </p><p>

Hart Dungeon I</p><p>

Hart Dungeon II</p><p>

Hart Dungeon III (if needed)</p><p> </p><p>

I know this is unrealistic and not ideal, but its hard for me to see how this is a deal breaker and making modders leave the community and people not buying the game because of this.</p><p> </p><p>

And this is coming from someone who isnt going to buy the game in its current state...</p>