TEW2020 CornellVerse Discussion Thread

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jackstorm79" data-cite="jackstorm79" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What came of <p> </p><p> Olivia Diamond</p><p> Joanna Silver</p><p> Honey Golightly</p><p> </p><p> there's more females im curious about but those 3 are the ones I would like to know about mostly.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't believe the status of any of these workers changed from 2016, both Joanna and Olivia are unemployed and Honey is still gone from the wrestling business.</p>

An opportunity has arisen to sign Steve Frehley in April of my TCW save. 36 years old. Still an excellebt talent. Over like Rover.

Gonna cost the farm to get him but think I might do it.

Question is... Would this make him, canonically, the first guy to appear in all 3 big US companies as an active in-ring talent?

I know Sam Strong fought in SWF, HGC and then owned USPW. Anyone else done this before in the Canon C-Verse?

You are right. I don't have the database in front of me but I thought Liberty/James Justice did all three but he never joined Supreme.

When you think about it, USPW kinda replaced DAVE as the third promotion with a completely different product-set.

I still suspect one of the jobbers must have done it.

One thing I have noticed about C-Verse is that it takes away a lot of the drug and personality problems that plague actual pro wrestling. Running a promotion in RL has to be a bit of a chore due to dealing with the massive egos and rampant drug use. Sure there are some workers with those issues in C-Verse, but it is built more as a sandbox that you can mostly do what you want in.

The other thing is the sheer amount of amazing talent not signed to exclusive deals to the major companies. It's kind of ridiculous, but again it makes the game more playable.

• 3 months later...
One thing I have noticed about C-Verse is that it takes away a lot of the drug and personality problems that plague actual pro wrestling. Running a promotion in RL has to be a bit of a chore due to dealing with the massive egos and rampant drug use. Sure there are some workers with those issues in C-Verse, but it is built more as a sandbox that you can mostly do what you want in.

The other thing is the sheer amount of amazing talent not signed to exclusive deals to the major companies. It's kind of ridiculous, but again it makes the game more playable.

I mean, when the demo came out, drugs came up a LOT more frequently, or at least for me they did.

In my save around 1/22, Rocky Golden got busted for a drug trafficking ring. He was 97 pop for SWF and they immediately released him. Now he is 75 pop and wish I could swoop him up but he is still toxic. Bet that will be a while before it rubs off.

In my save around 1/22, Rocky Golden got busted for a drug trafficking ring. He was 97 pop for SWF and they immediately released him. Now he is 75 pop and wish I could swoop him up but he is still toxic. Bet that will be a while before it rubs off.

Wolf Hawkins was caught up in the same trafficking ring and ended up out of work for over a year before I signed him to a 1 year 'show me what you still got' deal. He was toxic, but after about a month or two that went away and he went from 60+ match ratings to over 80 in no time. I also noticed later he was 'small' when I signed him, so he lost some mass (or was on drugs?) during the time he was off. He ended up getting a huge offer from USPW after his 1 year deal was up and my owner in ACPW wouldn't allow me to match...so if you want to be bold, this may be a great time to put in a 3-4 year offer and scoop up a top flight talent on a really low contract.

edit: I should also add that he became loyal to me (booker) very quickly, but unfortunately that didn't stop him from signing elsewhere...but something to consider.

Wolf Hawkins was caught up in the same trafficking ring and ended up out of work for over a year before I signed him to a 1 year 'show me what you still got' deal. He was toxic, but after about a month or two that went away and he went from 60+ match ratings to over 80 in no time. I also noticed later he was 'small' when I signed him, so he lost some mass (or was on drugs?) during the time he was off. He ended up getting a huge offer from USPW after his 1 year deal was up and my owner in ACPW wouldn't allow me to match...so if you want to be bold, this may be a great time to put in a 3-4 year offer and scoop up a top flight talent on a really low contract.

edit: I should also add that he became loyal to me (booker) very quickly, but unfortunately that didn't stop him from signing elsewhere...but something to consider.

Just curious did it affect your merchandising sales alot. Also if I put him in my development, would that still affect my main promotion on the toxic hit. When it happened, I changed my shows to run against SWF because I wanted to give America, Clean wholesome entertainment.

I actually don't really need him, I have built InVincible up so huge. He probably will be just another guy. Like poor Greg Gauge who cant get past 71 pop with me.

An opportunity has arisen to sign Steve Frehley in April of my TCW save. 36 years old. Still an excellebt talent. Over like Rover.

Gonna cost the farm to get him but think I might do it.

Question is... Would this make him, canonically, the first guy to appear in all 3 big US companies as an active in-ring talent?

I know Sam Strong fought in SWF, HGC and then owned USPW. Anyone else done this before in the Canon C-Verse?

my first instinct would be Sam Strong, as if i remember rightly hes in all 3 hall of fame's

<p>The Japanese companies really need some love. They run 12 big shows a year the same as north American companies but that really makes no sense. The whole point of a touring schedule is that you can run big shows more often and only run 3-4 tour shows in between unless it's a tournament.</p><p> </p><p>

Running 8-9 meaningless your shows between each big event and only running 12 big events is totally nonsensical and no promotion would ever do it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="chisox1976" data-cite="chisox1976" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just curious did it affect your merchandising sales alot. Also if I put him in my development, would that still affect my main promotion on the toxic hit. When it happened, I changed my shows to run against SWF because I wanted to give America, Clean wholesome entertainment. <p> </p><p> I actually don't really need him, I have built InVincible up so huge. He probably will be just another guy. Like poor Greg Gauge who cant get past 71 pop with me.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Honestly, I didn't notice any kind of 'hit' to the company as as whole when I signed him. I had him kind of work his way up, but I also had an aging Tommy Cornell on the roster and paired them up...had Tommy and him cutting promo's and had Tommy at ringside for his singles matches, so Tommy's popularity may have helped him along quicker. His merch sales were really high pretty quickly...again, he had been out for over a year and within a couple of months of being signed he was already non-toxic and starting to improve his match ratings drastically, so maybe he was going to be non-toxic anyway and I just signed him at the right time. I ended up putting the main belt on him with about 3-4 months to go in his contract, and I think he was pushing about 80+ pop by the time he got the belt. Had I been able to keep him he might have ended up being my figurehead. He ended up signing with USPW to a pretty huge deal. He ended up being a upper mid card/main event guy for them, and just recently signed a big deal with SWF in 2029 so he's still a draw. I'd maybe get Gauge a popular manager/valet or pair him up with someone for a tag run to try and see if their pop will rub off on him. But there are so many variables in the game that its hard to pinpoint what will work and what won't.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sco xY2Jx" data-cite="Sco xY2Jx" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>An opportunity has arisen to sign Steve Frehley in April of my TCW save. 36 years old. Still an excellebt talent. Over like Rover.<p> Gonna cost the farm to get him but think I might do it. </p><p> Question is... Would this make him, canonically, the first guy to appear in all 3 big US companies as an active in-ring talent?</p><p> I know Sam Strong fought in SWF, HGC and then owned USPW. Anyone else done this before in the Canon C-Verse?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I believe one of the Warlords of Pain wrestled for SWF/USPW and works backstage for TCW. I would check the Darkness Warriors because they seemed to have wrestled virtually everywhere.</p>

Honestly, I didn't notice any kind of 'hit' to the company as as whole when I signed him. I had him kind of work his way up, but I also had an aging Tommy Cornell on the roster and paired them up...had Tommy and him cutting promo's and had Tommy at ringside for his singles matches, so Tommy's popularity may have helped him along quicker. His merch sales were really high pretty quickly...again, he had been out for over a year and within a couple of months of being signed he was already non-toxic and starting to improve his match ratings drastically, so maybe he was going to be non-toxic anyway and I just signed him at the right time. I ended up putting the main belt on him with about 3-4 months to go in his contract, and I think he was pushing about 80+ pop by the time he got the belt. Had I been able to keep him he might have ended up being my figurehead. He ended up signing with USPW to a pretty huge deal. He ended up being a upper mid card/main event guy for them, and just recently signed a big deal with SWF in 2029 so he's still a draw. I'd maybe get Gauge a popular manager/valet or pair him up with someone for a tag run to try and see if their pop will rub off on him. But there are so many variables in the game that its hard to pinpoint what will work and what won't.

It didn't say he was in jail or anything. Wonder if he can even wrestle now might have to look into it. Also was thinking of having him go to developmental. Hopefully it just screws them if it happens.

That's a great tip on Gauge, I have matt keith so have been workin them together but only Matt grows. Ive kind of given up on him. Boom Boom, Brodie Lachlin and Maurice Jackson are the guys I'm pushing now.

Whats your advice on this, I have Valiant and he is at 92 pop at 40 (in time decline) any time he loses his pop drops 8-10 points. Should I keep him at that Pop and have him keep winning or should I have him take the bullet and start losing to get guys over. Money isn't an issue but he does bring in a ton of Merchandise but I bet a few others would too. Espicially Maurice. Just seeing what you would do. Thanks

Whats your advice on this, I have Valiant and he is at 92 pop at 40 (in time decline) any time he loses his pop drops 8-10 points. Should I keep him at that Pop and have him keep winning or should I have him take the bullet and start losing to get guys over. Money isn't an issue but he does bring in a ton of Merchandise but I bet a few others would too. Espicially Maurice. Just seeing what you would do. Thanks

That's tough. All depends on how much you value Valiant. If it were me, and he's clearly in time decline and he's not a top top guy, I'd set it up for him to give someone who I want to build up the rub. So he wins a couple of matches but then loses to the up-and-comer. If the match is a good one, he may not lose a ton of POP, but ultimately it looks like he'll be destined for the mid card sooner rather than later.

If you're going to send Gauge to a developmental because you're worried he may hurt the roster, you're probably better of just not signing him or using him...but you may be able to make it work if you have a good enough idea of what to do with him when he's down there...maybe he can help some of your other talent down there grow a bit quicker matching up with a 'former' star?

• 2 weeks later...
For a small company, do you guys hire more wrestler or do you keep with the minimum? I always say that I will keep a small roster and end up with 40 worker after 1 month lol

I always do a big roster. I look at it moreso keeping workers on a retainer than being a regular performer. If you don't want to book a guy for 5 months, you don't have to! Although I do play with Left Off Show complaints off.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="francis86" data-cite="francis86" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For a small company, do you guys hire more wrestler or do you keep with the minimum? I always say that I will keep a small roster and end up with 40 worker after 1 month lol</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I start small. I plan the first card (typically 5 matches) and just hire the wrestlers for that. Then I hire fresh talent as I need it. It's nice and manageable... for about a year, then it inevitably goes out of control and I make a few short-sighted hires and my roster spirals out of control.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Self" data-cite="Self" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I start small. I plan the first card (typically 5 matches) and just hire the wrestlers for that. Then I hire fresh talent as I need it. It's nice and manageable... for about a year, then it inevitably goes out of control and I make a few short-sighted hires and my roster spirals out of control.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is the way.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Self" data-cite="Self" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I start small. I plan the first card (typically 5 matches) and just hire the wrestlers for that. Then I hire fresh talent as I need it. It's nice and manageable... for about a year, then it inevitably goes out of control and I make a few short-sighted hires and my roster spirals out of control.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I am well known for my roster spiralling out of control as well.</p><p> </p><p> As for the OP, I love to take advantage of the hire local talent feature (no matter my size) but for small, it's really beneficial. You can hire a core group of talent and use the hire local to bring in guys for a night to freshen up matches without having to commit to anything long term.</p><p> </p><p> I also use a lot of deals that are for a specific number of appearances. This forces me to have a hard-out date for guys.</p>