TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="a0161613" data-cite="a0161613" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks for the quick replies.<p> </p><p> Yes, I've just noticed that. I just checked as I am booking my next show. That seems weird? Worthwhile suggesting it? We can after all check if a worker is up for it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sorry, my answer was a bit short. What I meant was you're not supposed to be able pre-book stunt bumps and crazy bumps. The handbook states that because these notes are specific to a particular show, they have to be added on the night of the show.</p><p> </p><p> So, while a suggestion is never a bad idea, I think it might not have the best chances of success. But it's worth a shot, I guess.</p>

<p>I'm wondering at what size do promotions start offering, and workers start considering, written deals. I know larger cult-sized promotions (usually around 60 popularity) could/would start offering written deals in 2016 but I don't know if that changed with the overhaul of the promotion size system in 2020. </p><p> </p><p>

This is important for ensuring the major promotions in the mod I'm working on are self-sustaining (can continue locking up workers long term).</p>

I'm wondering at what size do promotions start offering, and workers start considering, written deals. I know larger cult-sized promotions (usually around 60 popularity) could/would start offering written deals in 2016 but I don't know if that changed with the overhaul of the promotion size system in 2020.

Small.

I don't know when/if AI promotions start doing it (don't care about AI promotions tbh) but players can do it starting at Small. If it's done at the database level, the worker's wage is what their market value is. If done during gameplay, the in-ring worker will demand $15,000 a month to balance the fact that they won't be able to ask for pay increases (assuming you're adding an ironclad clause as well). Non-wrestlers will ask for more, typically.

What is the benefit of taping multiple weeks worth of tv on one night? I havent double checked but im almost positive that workers get paid per show, so if someone costs 500 per show, and you use them for 4 weeks worth of tv taping on one night, you owe them 2,000 instead of the 500 i thought you would. My production seems to be way up there too.

Am I missing something? If the game makes you pay per worker per show and production for 4 seperate shows, why would you tape multiple shows? Is it just a realism thing or?

Well, I think you do lower your venue rental costs as you're only renting that venue once for those tapings. And it does allow you some leeway in case of things outside of your control in the future, like injuries or workers leaving the company or getting fired, as if you were to tape one episode week to week or go live then you don't have quite that type of buffer to react to those issues.

Also, yeah...the realism thing as well. It isn't perfect, really, at least for historical mods (but then again that would mean contracts would have to pay workers less for TV show tapings than they would for events which is something that iirc Adam said would be too complicated to enact) but it does help with immersion.

Hey everyone, I just have a simple question, I don't find where do I activate the generation of new workers in my game, I know where it was in the 2016, impossible to find it in the 2020.

It’s because 2020’s worker generation is specifically tied to the dojos in the game. Different dojos, depending on their facilities, produce different amounts of new workers each year.

I'm not sure if I am missing something (I probably am) and I have checked the handbook and the forums, but I can't seem to figure out if we can book wrestlers on a brand they are not assigned to? I have a 2 brand split and I am trying to run an invasion angle, but I can't seem to book them on the show because they're assigned to another brand. Is there a way to book them on the show without having to change their assigned brand everytime?

I just finished my second month of a game and see almost 0 improvement from anyone including development. Why is this?

Just for giggles, I even put the best entertainer in the world in an angle on 9 shows in one month with someone and their entertainment skills didn't budge an inch.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2364195&postcount=60

In previous versions of the game I know a segment had to be six minutes to either count towards the show grade and or gain the worker overness that was changed to four minutes I believe in 16. Even then though An "A*" segment seemingly almost never got that same rating if I held it for four minutes instead of six. My question is with the new game are there differences in grades for how long a promo runs for? If I run something for six minutes instead of four does there seem to be a higher grade for it? If I run a promo for three minutes instead of six will it have the same impact on both the show grade and the workers overness than if I ran it for six? I hope this long question makes sense :slight_smile:

You can only create internet broadcasters now -- as it was felt that the ability to set up a regular kind of TV set up would be far too costly for any wrestling company (even WWE in real life) to be able to afford.

In reality, setting up a TV network is very expensive -- very very expensive -- and requires clearances and negotiations with cable providers that the game can't accurately simulate.

Thanks A Lot

Now that touring contracts are a thing of the past, does anybody know if there's still a cool down on handshake deals? If, for example, I brought in Marty Scurll for BOSJ and then let the deal expire, would it be another 6 months or whatever before I could bring him in again?

<p>Are tournaments limited to 10 man? I wanted to run a round Robin tournament with 2 brackets of 8 but the in game tournament editor only holds 10 people. </p><p> </p><p>

I suppose a work around would be setting up 2 individual tournaments.</p>