TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Not sure if this is a glitch or not but it seems odd to me. I have multiple workers on my roster who refuse to unmask at an event, but would be willing to unmask on a tv show, as long as its not a B show.

Shouldnt that be flipped around? I checked workers who would be willing to have their head shaved and that seems to be correct, as in they dont wanna do it on free tv, but would do it at a big event.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stealingsilver" data-cite="Stealingsilver" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks so much for your reply. I can't seem to find this in my handbook. What I really want to know is what is the most important stat for each role. Also things like is it important to have at least a small understanding of each primary skill.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There is no 'most important stat' for each role outside of referee (Refereeing), Announcer (Announcing), and Color Commentator (Color Commentating). All other roles require a grouping of skills, often with one or more skills that modify those skills. Besides, even a TEW16 guide would be confusing because it's a different game with a different setup. For example, you'll read that 'top row skills' are important. TEW20 doesn't have those skills on the 'top row' so if you're coming into this basically blind, you may not know that top row skills are Brawling, Puroresu, Hardcore, Technical (this was split into 3 stats in TEW16), Aerial, and Flashiness. Here, try this on for size to get you started:</p><p> </p><p> Important stats per role</p><p> <strong>Manager</strong> - Microphone, Charisma, Acting</p><p> <strong>Wrestler</strong> - Basics (40 minimum), Psychology (the higher the better), Selling, Consistency (the higher the better), Safety (the higher the better), Stamina (the higher the better).</p><p> </p><p> Resilience factors into how injury prone a worker is. It also factors into how quickly a worker will recover from working a lot. You don't typically find many workers with low resilience working for 3-5 companies, for example.</p><p> </p><p> Experience is roughly how many matches a worker has participated in. Workers will be penalized for having low experience (aka "being green").</p><p> </p><p> Star Quality is the big one. Workers with high (over 66?) star quality get bonuses across the board, in both angles and matches. It's not an absolute requirement but can often tip the scales in a worker's favor. You'll see people talk about signing workers who aren't very skilled but who have high star quality.</p><p> </p><p> Now, go read <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545617" rel="external nofollow">foolinc's thread in the diary forum</a>.</p><p> </p><p> Gon', git!</p>

Not sure if this is a glitch or not but it seems odd to me. I have multiple workers on my roster who refuse to unmask at an event, but would be willing to unmask on a tv show, as long as its not a B show.

Shouldnt that be flipped around? I checked workers who would be willing to have their head shaved and that seems to be correct, as in they dont wanna do it on free tv, but would do it at a big event.

I agree. It would have been different if the event wouldn't have been broadcasted of course.

But it's weird, that I had to cancel my plants for the big feud mask loss finish at the season finale, replace it with hair loss, just to let the demaskation happen at the next "normal" TV show.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="aXminster" data-cite="aXminster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What is the new way to keep guys in developmental without them being annoyed? In 2016 there was "To Work Down There" but I can't seem to find a way to do it in 2020.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nope</p>

<p>What does Strong Friendship do? Does it just add a lockerroom chemistry bonus? I've rolled it twice in my Road To GLory series and I have no clue what it actually does. </p><p> </p><p>

I thought it'd be like loyalty but I had a strong friendship with someone on my roster and they left for BHOTG as soon as they were offered a contract.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="steesh07" data-cite="steesh07" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not sure if this is the best place to ask but what is the best remote desktop app (or something similar) to mirror a Windows desktop to android?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've used Teamviewer for years, I've never had any issues with it.</p>

Technical query.. Probably a silly one that's very obvious to solve..

I'm having trouble making TEW2020 fit my screen size (I'm using a HeroBook Pro). Some of the options are off screen and I can't click them. This is particularly problematic in the booking shows section whereby I can't see an 'Add Angle' option (I assume it's underneath 'Add Match' off screen). I've tried playing around with the resolution a bit (but not extensively) and I can't seem to find one that works properly.

Any ideas? Is it as simple as making the game run full screen? (I can't find this option anywhere).

Cheers.

Does attendance change compare to which day I book an event?

I'm booking fr a small Indie and wanted to book on a Sunday to avoid possible clashes with other workers but wanted to know if this matters

I always assumed Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, there was a small attendance bump, but honestly I have no idea.

Technical query.. Probably a silly one that's very obvious to solve..

I'm having trouble making TEW2020 fit my screen size (I'm using a HeroBook Pro). Some of the options are off screen and I can't click them. This is particularly problematic in the booking shows section whereby I can't see an 'Add Angle' option (I assume it's underneath 'Add Match' off screen). I've tried playing around with the resolution a bit (but not extensively) and I can't seem to find one that works properly.

Any ideas? Is it as simple as making the game run full screen? (I can't find this option anywhere).

Cheers.

Ignore me. Fixed it.

What does Strong Friendship do? Does it just add a lockerroom chemistry bonus? I've rolled it twice in my Road To GLory series and I have no clue what it actually does.

I thought it'd be like loyalty but I had a strong friendship with someone on my roster and they left for BHOTG as soon as they were offered a contract.

Historically it's a positive backstage effect and it does help with negotiations. If BHOTG was a larger company or made a significantly better offer friendships wouldn't outweigh that though.

What does someone being loyal to my user character mean? Are they just more inclined to negotiate with me or something? I have a bunch of people in my 2004 real world save that became loyal, but WWE snatched them up And I was hoping that when they're contracts are up they can come home.

Does attendance change compare to which day I book an event?

I'm booking fr a small Indie and wanted to book on a Sunday to avoid possible clashes with other workers but wanted to know if this matters

Nope, it specially states in the handbook that other events/major TV shows on the same day/time affects viewership/attendance, but attendance is not affected by the day of the week a show is held on. You don't get more attendance just because it's a weekend, for instance.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShaunGBD" data-cite="ShaunGBD" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Nope</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's a bummer. I hope this is added just like it was in 2016.</p>

<p><p>Anyone have tips on booking a successful battle royal? I am think around 20 men. I'm creating a match called The Canada Day Dash, which is exactly like TNA's Gauntlet for the Gold. </p><p> </p><p></p><p>

So first off, is there any tips you've got for general battle royal booking to get a high rating? I think I'd like to make this a main event but I've never had any real idea how to get a good battle royal in this series ever aside from having a lot of over guys in the match. Is there a match aim I should consider using?</p><p> </p><p></p><p>

My product is is 40-60 and 55-45 in ring-pop depending whats best.</p><p> </p><p></p><p>

Also is there any way to get a final two in a battle royal so that I can get have them face off in a singles bout to conclude? Or should I just set the match to have pinfall? </p><p> </p><p></p><p>

I guess I'd likely get a better show rating if I concluded with a solid one on one with the two finalists from the battle royal but I don't think I can get two winners in a battle royal.</p></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BiffJordan" data-cite="BiffJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyone have tips on booking a successful battle royal? I am think around 20 men. I'm creating a match called The Canada Day Dash, which is exactly like TNA's Gauntlet for the Gold. <p> </p><p> So first off, is there any tips you've got for general battle royal booking to get a high rating? I think I'd like to make this a main event but I've never had any real idea how to get a good battle royal in this series ever aside from having a lot of over guys in the match. Is there a match aim I should consider using?</p><p> </p><p> My product is is 40-60 and 55-45 in ring-pop depending whats best.</p><p> </p><p> Also is there any way to get a final two in a battle royal so that I can get have them face off in a singles bout to conclude? Or should I just set the match to have pinfall? </p><p> </p><p> I guess I'd likely get a better show rating if I concluded with a solid one on one with the two finalists from the battle royal but I don't think I can get two winners in a battle royal.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Runner-up and winner could always face off. in 1-1 match would definitely be better off for scores.</p>

This is probably something stupid I'm missing, but..

Can someone tell me how to designate a picture as a 'free picture' to get it to show up in the editor? I get how to import free pictures from other databases, but I don't see how to designate a picture as a free pic?

1.) Copy the pics you want to use as free pics into the game's people folder. It should be roughly(exactly??) here:

Program Files(x86)>GDS>TEW2020>Pictures>Default>People

**If you're not using the Default database, then the Default portion of that file path would be the name of whatever database you are using.**

You can name them whatever you want, but I recommend something like "Free Worker 1", "Free Worker 2" , etc. Just something that's easy to track for you.

2.) Once that's done go into the main editor and select "Free Pictures" from the dropdown menu.

3.) Click the "Add New Item" button and click on the picture on the top left of that new pop up. This will bring up a list of all the pics in the folder where you copied the free pics you want to use earlier.

4.) From that list select the first file name of a pic you want to use as a free one and click "Use This Picture." Then you just fill in the info for the type of worker you want the pic to generate with and click "Save" or "Save and Continue."

If you choose "Save" the window will simply close out. However, if you choose "Save and Continue," the game will automatically select the next unused free pic in the folder, allowing you to skip the step of manually selecting a picture every time.