TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

What would be the best way to run the first few shows of a brand new company (most workers are in the low single digit popularity for home region) with a few older workers with popularity in the high teens/low twenties?

I've looked at 1 or 2 night tournaments for the main belt, but have found the results to be lacking, along with the negative note of someone with no popularity being used too much.

Would it be good to have shorter weekly shows the first month to get to the tournament final? (I've found with a 16 man tournament, and one 2.5 hour show, most matches end up right around 9-11 minutes which just feels very repetitive).

That really depends on your personal preference and how much popularity you gave your company. I started a company with zero popularity and I've never gotten the negative note for someone being used too much because our size makes that almost impossible.

It also depends on how you play. I've never been bothered by lower ratings if it's telling the story I want it to tell because eventually it will all even out . There isn't a right way to do it, it's all up to you.

In 2020 are the popularity caps still based on star quality? For instance if HBK is at 76 SQ, will his cap be at 76 for popularity? And subsequently if I get him to increase his SQ with steroids can I then increase his popularity?

I think it has something to do with it still, but it never worked the way you described with HBK.

Move Sets

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I cant seem to locate an answer using the search device:

Does assigning a worker a Move Set have an impact on any of his/her ratings, attributes, abilities?

Is there any downside to not assigning any Move Set, or assigning everyone a generic Move Set?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I cant seem to locate an answer using the search device:

Does assigning a worker a Move Set have an impact on any of his/her ratings, attributes, abilities?

Is there any downside to not assigning any Move Set, or assigning everyone a generic Move Set?

Thanks in advance.

Moves are cosmetic and have no effect on anything.

When you click on a match aim the ones that automatically include an additional road agent note tell you in the description box above the "Add Road Agent Note" button. For example "Wild Brawl":

"NB: This aim means that the All Out Match note is automatically used in the match too and does not need to be manually added."

Yup, it doesn't mention anything on Spectacle or Epic so I wanted to know if it was still included like it was in 2016

Yup, it doesn't mention anything on Spectacle or Epic so I wanted to know if it was still included like it was in 2016

I run Spectacle matches fairly often. I tried adding Slow Build as well once and was pretty sure it generated additional dirt sheet feedback than the other times. I haven't been in a situation where I wanted to do it again, so there's the chance I'm misremembering it or just didn't look closely enough.

In 2020 are the popularity caps still based on star quality? For instance if HBK is at 76 SQ, will his cap be at 76 for popularity? And subsequently if I get him to increase his SQ with steroids can I then increase his popularity?

If you check out the help file on the subject, it tells you that broadcaster size, company size, worker skill, and a random element factor into the popularity cap.

The one skill I know DOES contribute is SQ. I think experience does as well but I KNOW star quality does. They arent a direct conversion though. So if HBK has a SQ of 76 you may find his pop cap out at say 82. Or it might be 70. Depends on those other factors.

However I can tell you this as fact: If your worker has hit a cap in pop and cant gain any more, increasing their star quality by enough will increase the cap eventually. How much so is not an exact science thats all. And high SQ doesnt guarantee high cap.

sorry, I meant experience

I dont know exactly but its around 1 point per match. Sometimes less. It's a decimal system but the decimal is actually hidden.

So if their experience goes to from 10.1 to 10.9 I'm pretty sure the game doesnt round up. You'll just see the 10 for two matches.

They get experience every time they are in a tag team match together. They seem to get experience in multi man tag team matches (3v3,4v4,5v5) as long as they are on the same side too. They always gain some experience. How much so specifically, I don't know for sure.

Generally, I see a 1 point per match gain but not always. As I said, I'm pretty sure they ARE gaining that experience but its not a full point for whatever reason and I just dont see it. I might be wrong though.

If you check out the help file on the subject, it tells you that broadcaster size, company size, worker skill, and a random element factor into the popularity cap.

The one skill I know DOES contribute is SQ. I think experience does as well but I KNOW star quality does. They arent a direct conversion though. So if HBK has a SQ of 76 you may find his pop cap out at say 82. Or it might be 70. Depends on those other factors.

However I can tell you this as fact: If your worker has hit a cap in pop and cant gain any more, increasing their star quality by enough will increase the cap eventually. How much so is not an exact science thats all. And high SQ doesnt guarantee high cap.

Thank you, this was helpful.

I dont know exactly but its around 1 point per match. Sometimes less. It's a decimal system but the decimal is actually hidden.

So if their experience goes to from 10.1 to 10.9 I'm pretty sure the game doesnt round up. You'll just see the 10 for two matches.

They get experience every time they are in a tag team match together. They seem to get experience in multi man tag team matches (3v3,4v4,5v5) as long as they are on the same side too. They always gain some experience. How much so specifically, I don't know for sure.

Generally, I see a 1 point per match gain but not always. As I said, I'm pretty sure they ARE gaining that experience but its not a full point for whatever reason and I just dont see it. I might be wrong though.

BTW they were asking about commentary team experience, I'm not sure of the answer just trying to clear up confusion.

The real reason I popped into the thread is I just got an interesting pop up not from a road agent telling me that one of the workers got a "noticeable pop" during their entrance. I'm just wondering if anyone know what this means, I went to check their attributes and they are both Better As Heel and Amazing Heel so I doubt it's the game telling me I should turn them face, they were at most 3-4 points more over than the next closest to them in the match so it's not like they were a huge star in a match with jobbers.

So I'm pretty sure you're right, it seems to be the pop up for getting the Groundswell Of Support temporary attribute. I'm pretty sure it stayed hidden until either the next day or next show, or maybe it didn't and I'm just blind.

He was asking about announce teams experience not tag teams.

I'm not sure of the answer but I think it's less than a point per show

Giant - special cases

Just curious for those that play around under the hood. What do you take into account when considering a worker to be a Giant? Is it height? Weight? Potential to get over? If so, what are the cut offs you use.

I ask because, using a real world scenario, I've got someone like 911 who was 6'8 and 300 pounds - compared to the Undertaker who is 6'10 and 309 pounds. Would Taker be considered a Giant, while 911 falls short?

Does anyone know if the size rating has any bearing on match ratings or the workers' ratings (ie. Star Quality).

As always, thanks in advance.

Just curious for those that play around under the hood. What do you take into account when considering a worker to be a Giant? Is it height? Weight? Potential to get over? If so, what are the cut offs you use.

I ask because, using a real world scenario, I've got someone like 911 who was 6'8 and 300 pounds - compared to the Undertaker who is 6'10 and 309 pounds. Would Taker be considered a Giant, while 911 falls short?

Does anyone know if the size rating has any bearing on match ratings or the workers' ratings (ie. Star Quality).

As always, thanks in advance.

I feel like you have to be noticeably over 7 feet tall (legitimately) to be considered a giant. Per the handbook it's for "special cases only" but it goes more into weights than heights for sizes (Big Heavy at 320 pounds and Super at 380). Undertaker's wrestling height is 6'10 but he was shorter than NBA player Kevin Love (6'8) even with hat on

The-Undertaker-and-Kevin-Love.jpg

Seeing as how his height was rarely contested in wrestling, he should definitely be in the upper tier, but not on the same level as people like Khali, Andre, etc. If you're into celebrity types, Shaq would comfortably fit as a giant as well.

From my understanding, yeah, generally the limit for Medium sized companies is 70 or so.

Thanks, but i played on and got to large and i still have a bunch of workers that were at the top of the card and have been for the last 2 and a half years in my game but now they have disappeared off the Franchise players list, because they cant get over 70 popularity. I mean i can understand if they had bad attributes and couldn't do matches, but they just did a 87 main event - best one i did so far and their popularity stayed at 70.

If this game caps stuff before you've started then whats the point, because the stars you build cant go any better then when some RNG said they can't at the very start of the game.

Can you "break" through the cap by manually altering them over it? or will they regress to the norm.

If this game caps stuff before you've started then whats the point, because the stars you build cant go any better then when some RNG said they can't at the very start of the game.

I'm not a fan of hard caps.

But imagine you are Vince McMahon. You see a guy with (in your mind) high SQ. So you push him as much as you can. But he never reaches the popularity of a Hogan or Austin. Or even of your minimum expectation of a Main Eventer.

In his mind he was always capped to a certain potential.

Personally I'd prefer a different approach. But with the approach above it may feel more real.