TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Hiya friends - I've sent someone away for a month (just normal holiday) and have now realised I need them back. I know there's no way to bring them back via normal game - anyone know if there's a way to recall them via in-game editor? I'm guessing no but one never knows!

Is it just me or are the newly introduced workers far worse in potential in the Primary Skills category than the current workers (Cornell Verse).

For example: There are a plethora of highly rated veterans when you start (Tommy Cornell, Rocky Golden, Rich Money, Nicky Champion, etc. etc. etc. etc.) and some already existing "younger" guys with great potential (Ernest Youngman for example). But the "rookie class" doesn't have the potential to develop as much as I feel that they should.

Examples of this are the likes of James Diaz, son of a HOF, very big and muscular, but seems capped at 72 in Brawling (when he starts at 68! So very little progress possible for the 18 year old) and none of his other Primary stats ever seem to get out of the 60s. Many fall into similar definitions. Heck, just the legacy of HOF workers that are ALL seemingly far inferior than their fathers includes Dan Stone, Chip Martin, Dreadnought, Original Sinner, Robin DeLay, Son of Vengeance, Masked Mauler VII, even Matty Faith. If you add all of the "regular" rookies into the mix the situation becomes a little pathetic.

My point is this: As the old guard retires, the new guard has less and less potential to create workers with similar skills to replace them. This becomes very obvious over long term simulations where I can graduate up to 14 workers per year from but the vast majority of them and other rookies cannot reach the levels of their predecessors even if they have a mentor and are in Performance Centre primary skills training for years. Thus in 25 years, when the old guard is essentially retired and replaced you are left with only a percentage of highly rated workers to replace them. Plus even

Now the latest update (1.16) has removed the chance to create any highly rated rookies (which were already quite rare) as per request. These were basically the only guys that even stood a chance of matching the performances of the old guard. So basically we are left with one potential future superstar that will ever reach the heights of previous generations in Tommy Cornell Jr.

Does the youth potential improvement system need to be updated so stats are boosted somewhat at the start (so many rookie workers never develop much at all and are still in their 30s and lower across all Primary Stats for the entirety of their careers in long term sims), and/or their upper potential caps raised somewhat? At least bring back the possibility of the highly rated rookies being created so there are at least a few workers who can match the potential of the past workers. This isn't unrealistic.

Ok. Enough of my rant. Any thoughts on this? Am I wrong here? What am I missing?

I've only seen the rehab button within the decision window after a worker has popped positive for something. After they're sent to rehab, they appear primarily in the Medical section. Is there another button you're referring to?

Nope that's the exact button, had Davey Boy Smith test positive and the "Send To Rehab" button that is usually there for that just wasn't. Wasn't the first time I had seen that happen overall, but it was the first time I had seen that happen for a wrestler I had under and exclusive written deal, so I wasn't able to do what I wanted to help him out.

Nope that's the exact button, had Davey Boy Smith test positive and the "Send To Rehab" button that is usually there for that just wasn't. Wasn't the first time I had seen that happen overall, but it was the first time I had seen that happen for a wrestler I had under and exclusive written deal, so I wasn't able to do what I wanted to help him out.

U can't send to rehab for roids

Can someone point me in the direction of tips for creating a database out of a save? I am loving the game I have going and it was the first one I've played since TEW 2012. There are some things I want to edit about that are uneditable but I don't want to lose my progress. Any help?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="tspang66" data-cite="tspang66" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can someone point me in the direction of tips for creating a database out of a save? I am loving the game I have going and it was the first one I've played since TEW 2012. There are some things I want to edit about that are uneditable but I don't want to lose my progress. Any help?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm pretty sure you can only do it on the first day of the month in game but while in game go to options and the click the Create MDB File button and that'll create a database using your current save.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Malioc" data-cite="Malioc" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm not a fan of hard caps.<p> But imagine you are Vince McMahon. You see a guy with (in your mind) high SQ. So you push him as much as you can. But he never reaches the popularity of a Hogan or Austin. Or even of your minimum expectation of a Main Eventer.</p><p> In his mind he was always capped to a certain potential.</p><p> </p><p> Personally I'd prefer a different approach. But with the approach above it may feel more real.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, you've helped me to see what its trying to simulate, and its under stood.</p><p> </p><p> But in my instance i have someone with SQ of 75 and someone with a SQ of 72 able to go over the 70 popularity cap, and someone with 77 SQ capped at 70. So it doesn't make any sense, that someone who is measurably less of a star able to be able to be more popular than someone who is.</p><p> </p><p> But My workers is still young 27, so maybe she'll beable to crack it if she gets better skills - since i read it can be modified by skills- she probably is edged out by other two skills wise.</p>

<p>I think, that's plain luck. El Leon is capped at 79 in my game despite huge SQ.</p><p> </p><p>

I really hope, that can change with time. It would be sad, when a young guy is always limited to the low 70s.</p><p>

There are different factors (e.g. broadcaster) that can increase the cap. But I don't know, if time can also change things.</p>

<p>I'm playing as TCW and I'm thinking about changing the product from Classic Southern Rasslin to either East Meets West or Classic Balanced.</p><p> </p><p>

I noticed East Meets West will require important matches to be lengthy.</p><p> </p><p>

Is there a baseline requirement for how long matches will need to be to avoid any penalties?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="soxfan93" data-cite="soxfan93" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you use the Open Match note to make an enhancement talent look good in a squash match, does the more over worker lose momentum or popularity, or is it "all profit," so to speak?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don’t think it’s mattered since the momentum changed from number grades to successes. Theoretically open matches make the match better and then both guys benefit from being in a better segment than they would otherwise.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don’t think it’s mattered since the momentum changed from number grades to successes. Theoretically open matches make the match better and then both guys benefit from being in a better segment than they would otherwise.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's absolutely the way it should be, too, so that's good to hear. Thanks Showtime!</p><p> </p><p> Edit: Another question, because "whatever gets the best grade" feels too gamey. Is a beatdown rated on Fighting or Menace?</p>

That's absolutely the way it should be, too, so that's good to hear. Thanks Showtime!

Edit: Another question, because "whatever gets the best grade" feels too gamey. Is a beatdown rated on Fighting or Menace?

In this case that's kind of the answer though, at least in the sense that the answer is however you would actually present the angle, which should be based on what the people involved are best at.

If the point is that someone terrifying comes to the ring and destroys fools (Maybe think Kane in the weeks/months after his debut) Menace would make the most sense (and either selling or overness for the other guy).

If it's sort of a competitive fight that the attacker gets the better of, then Fighting would fit the bill better (with probably also fighting for the other guy).

If it's not really competitive but not really dominant or compelling either (like sneak attack + throwing someone into the wall and kicking them a few times) then I'd argue for Overness, but you could probably make a case for Fighting too.

If you envision it with significant amounts of trash-talking during the otherwise normal beatdown, you might think about Entertainment instead.

<p>Anyone know what causes companies to end relationships?</p><p> </p><p>

I've got two companies who start the game with a friendly relationship and one sends workers on excursions to the other. Always within the first week or so they end the relationship and become hostile. They are located in very different game regions and I cannot figure out what the cause of this could be.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LiquidSwords" data-cite="LiquidSwords" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm playing as TCW and I'm thinking about changing the product from Classic Southern Rasslin to either East Meets West or Classic Balanced.<p> </p><p> I noticed East Meets West will require important matches to be lengthy.</p><p> </p><p> Is there a baseline requirement for how long matches will need to be to avoid any penalties?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> From my experience when the game says lengthy in regards to matches it means at least 20 minutes.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vigiel" data-cite="vigiel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I play with WWE and somehow ladder matches always get bad ratings. how do i fix this?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The issue here is I'm guessing your product is the Classic Sports Entertainment one? And that states "Fans will be upset be dangerous, controversial, or bloody match types" and "Dangerous match setups will be penalised" and I'm guessing the mod you are using has ladder matches set with Injury Risk at High and that's why you are getting penalised.</p><p> </p><p> You have two options a, change your product or b, on the match making screen click Add New Match when highlighting the ladder match you want to use, change the Injury Risk from High to Average (as that's the lowest it can be in a ladder match and it also won't penalise you), give it a name (like maybe just add WWE to the end of the record name) and save. Now you have a ladder match that works for your product,</p>

Is there a way to end an individual wrestler's excursion? I decided to accept excursions from a few places and unfortunately, they decided to send me some dorks with really bad personality traits.

Is this just part of how the game "gets you one"?

Is there a way to get rid of such a pest worker?

I haven't had any backstage incidents yet, just the morale penalties and locker room negatives.

Anyone know what causes companies to end relationships?

I've got two companies who start the game with a friendly relationship and one sends workers on excursions to the other. Always within the first week or so they end the relationship and become hostile. They are located in very different game regions and I cannot figure out what the cause of this could be.

Do the owners have positive or negative relationship?

Do the companies have broadcasting in each other's game area?

In the company relationships, what are their "views" of each other?

What are the owners "Business" set to?

These kind of things seem to effect whether they view you as competition, or if it's worth it to send them to you.

Owners who keep excursions are the ones that are open and friendly. So if an owner is not open/friendly, they will end the deals.

Pre-Booking questions.

1. Will I be penalized if I add a pre-booked segment for Weekly TV and hold it for next week?

2. Is there a way to pre-book something for "next week" instead of this week, regarding weekly TV or weekly events?

Styles

Anyone know where to find a description of the various worker Styles? I cant seem to find it in handbook? I'm still tinkering with my database, and it's not playable, so I'm not sure if there are descriptions in-game.

Thanks in advance.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="01gognaa" data-cite="01gognaa" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyone know where to find a description of the various worker Styles? I cant seem to find it in handbook? I'm still tinkering with my database, and it's not playable, so I'm not sure if there are descriptions in-game.<p> </p><p> Thanks in advance.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Worker Styles have no in-game effect, similar to "Divisions". It's just a cosmetic thing. It is used by SOME companies - for example, to prevent an MMA company from hiring Luchadors. But for the most part, it's pretty meaningless and has no impact on how they perform in the game. </p><p> </p><p> The descriptions also can (aka, WILL) change in game as a worker faces different needs. A luchador with bad knees might become "entertainer" if they have decent skills for that, or "regular" if they don't.</p><p> </p><p> So if you have themed companies who should avoid or seek certain worker styles, that's when it will matter more. But if you start the workers under contract they will probably just change styles if it's not a good match.</p>