TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

<p>I have a Money in the Bank question:</p><p>

I book the title as "Tournament" and "Title Retained after Victory".</p><p> </p><p>

Does the title remain with the champion until the next tournament by default, assuming it's not defended/lost?</p><p> </p><p>

I understand I will have to set a booking note to both vacate MITB during the segment or match I "cash in". What will the AI do?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thadian" data-cite="thadian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have a Money in the Bank question:<p> I book the title as "Tournament" and "Title Retained after Victory".</p><p> </p><p> Does the title remain with the champion until the next tournament by default, assuming it's not defended/lost?</p><p> </p><p> I understand I will have to set a booking note to both vacate MITB during the segment or match I "cash in". What will the AI do?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If it is an annual tournament title, it will have a new champion crowned annually at the tournament.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thadian" data-cite="thadian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Pre-Booking questions.<p> </p><p> 1. Will I be penalized if I add a pre-booked segment for Weekly TV and hold it for next week?</p><p> </p><p> 2. Is there a way to pre-book something for "next week" instead of this week, regarding weekly TV or weekly events?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 1. If you prebook it before the show, yes.</p><p> </p><p> 2. Yeah, if you prebook it during the weekly show.</p>

<p>Still trying to figure out the popularity caps thing. Any guidance would be appreciated.</p><p> </p><p>

So I'm using the Peaking Tides 1991 mod and am currently in November 1992. I'm trying to build my New Generation (Undertaker, Bret, Shawn, Razor, Diesel, Warlord {believe it or not} and Sid) to take over from the remaining Rock N' Wrestling guys (Hogan, Warrior, Savage, DiBiase, Slaughter, and Perfect) but am having trouble with popularity.</p><p> </p><p>

Just to give you a heads up: Undertaker has been stuck at 82 popularity in the US for three months, Shawn has been at 78 for two or three months, and Bret moves between 72 and 80 based on him winning or losing. With this I had a very curious outcome after the Survivor Series.</p><p> </p><p>

Shawn beat Bret (tainted with interference from Diesel and Sherri) in a 94 rated ladder match to retain the I-C title</p><p>

Hogan beat Undertaker (with botched interference from Flair) in a 97 rated match to retain the WWF title</p><p> </p><p>

After these matches both Shawn and Undertaker remained where they were in popularity but Bret jumped up from 76/77 to 80. How did this happen? Shawn won, and with similar charisma and star quality to Bret, he's at the same spot. If we're talking about match quality, Undertaker had a better match, wasn't beaten clean, and has better star quality and charisma yet he didn't jump in popularity.</p><p> </p><p>

Can anyone explain this to me? (I can provide exact skill numbers if neccessary).</p>

Managing Child Company Rosters?

My Child Company will not hire workers on its own, any idea how to fix this? negotiating all the staff needed is too tedious,

In the last version of the game once you assigned an owner and booker the child company would hire workers to fill in the gaps that might exist. In this, my first child company attempt for this version of the game, the child company only has the workers I have sent to them and they have not hired anyone.

Am I missing something?

I seem to remember in 2016 Xavi Ferrera had an alter ego to go with The New Wave, but I can't remember what his name was. Can anyone help me out??

I just looked it up. While he was trained by Guide, there is no alter ego in the default database. Maybe it was from a mod or someone's dynasty?

new to the game, and am enjoying it, its the first one of these games ive played since EWR and so much has changed

I have a question about Dojo's, is it possible to set these up throughout the world or are you restricted to just the one, for example could I set up an all female dojo in Japan, an all Male dojo in Britain and a mix gender one in the US, or is it a matter of when you pick one thats your dojo for the remainder of the game, don't want to pick one and make it all female, but not be able to add others later on?

new to the game, and am enjoying it, its the first one of these games ive played since EWR and so much has changed

I have a question about Dojo's, is it possible to set these up throughout the world or are you restricted to just the one, for example could I set up an all female dojo in Japan, an all Male dojo in Britain and a mix gender one in the US, or is it a matter of when you pick one thats your dojo for the remainder of the game, don't want to pick one and make it all female, but not be able to add others later on?

You can have multiple dojo’s and can set them up to your desires.

In the last version of the game once you assigned an owner and booker the child company would hire workers to fill in the gaps that might exist. In this, my first child company attempt for this version of the game, the child company only has the workers I have sent to them and they have not hired anyone.

Am I missing something?

Nope. If they are your child company and not an already in existence company that will just accept developmental workers from you it is up to you to staff them.

Hey so I created a company to run in the background while I do my own local to global to see if they would also grow, I see that they hire workers and staff and I see that they've created their own belts, but I don't think they've run a single show all year.

Would I need to create their events for the year as well?

They were given 50k$ to start.

Hey so I created a company to run in the background while I do my own local to global to see if they would also grow, I see that they hire workers and staff and I see that they've created their own belts, but I don't think they've run a single show all year.

Would I need to create their events for the year as well?

They were given 50k$ to start.

The the editor, check their schedule. If you set it to "Fixed" they will run exactly as you've setup. If you use "Monthly" or something else, then the AI will generate events.

The the editor, check their schedule. If you set it to "Fixed" they will run exactly as you've setup. If you use "Monthly" or something else, then the AI will generate events.

Damn, didn't see that option when creating so I guess theres no way to add them in once I've already started the save file? But thank you for the quick answer!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jgriff3029" data-cite="jgriff3029" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I just looked it up. While he was trained by Guide, there is no alter ego in the default database. Maybe it was from a mod or someone's dynasty?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Had to be from a CV mod I suppose. Thanks for checking!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kenseiabbot" data-cite="kenseiabbot" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Damn, didn't see that option when creating so I guess theres no way to add them in once I've already started the save file? But thank you for the quick answer!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You could export the save as a database, fix it, and start a new save based on that database.</p>

Is there a way to have a TV show for an AI company stop at a certain time of year? I want to setup a company that only runs during the traditional 90's TV season (September-April or May), and then the TV should go 'dormant' for all intents and purposes until the next September. Is this doable?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Iceman90" data-cite="Iceman90" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a way to have a TV show for an AI company stop at a certain time of year? I want to setup a company that only runs during the traditional 90's TV season (September-April or May), and then the TV should go 'dormant' for all intents and purposes until the next September. Is this doable?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That’s not doable as far as I know.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That’s not doable as far as I know.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd think setting the promotion's schedule to "Season" would do that, but it seems it doesn't work that way.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Iceman90" data-cite="Iceman90" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'd think setting the promotion's schedule to "Season" would do that, but it seems it doesn't work that way.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It doesn't. I remember asking about this at one point in time to do it would need a lot of work surrounds. You COULD set the AI schedule to seasonal, set the season and set them to a 'Fixed' Schedule so that they won't generate new events and then create a weekly event and give them a broadcast deal with a TV network that's for events. They would presumably air their show as an event on that network. I've never tried that, but that would be the work around that I would try.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kenseiabbot" data-cite="kenseiabbot" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Damn, didn't see that option when creating so I guess theres no way to add them in once I've already started the save file? But thank you for the quick answer!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can use Add New Player in the options to temporarily take control of their owner or booker, then manually fill their schedule with events yourself.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Iceman90" data-cite="Iceman90" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You could export the save as a database, fix it, and start a new save based on that database.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This would also work, but I'd only recommend this if you're okay with the game rerolling your random potential and destiny rolls.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="chunk" data-cite="chunk" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can use Add New Player in the options to temporarily take control of their owner or booker, then manually fill their schedule with events yourself.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Does the company essentially fire their booker for you? So when you're done editing is the origianal booker still in power, or is the position vacant?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It doesn't. I remember asking about this at one point in time to do it would need a lot of work surrounds. You COULD set the AI schedule to seasonal, set the season and set them to a 'Fixed' Schedule so that they won't generate new events and then create a weekly event and give them a broadcast deal with a TV network that's for events. They would presumably air their show as an event on that network. I've never tried that, but that would be the work around that I would try.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I had the same idea for a workaround. It's too bad. It seems to defeat the whole purpose of a season.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Iceman90" data-cite="Iceman90" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does the company essentially fire their booker for you? So when you're done editing is the origianal booker still in power, or is the position vacant?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you take control of their current booker, that worker will remain booker when you choose Leave Game under options (so long you don't quit the promotion beforehand). Choosing the owner, on the other hand, will automatically take over the booker position too, so watch out for that.</p><p> </p><p> Another thing to watch out for is that when you take control of a booker or owner yourself, their contract converts to an exclusive written. This will would void any handshake deals they might have elsewhere. You might or might not want to edit their contract to whatever it was before once you Leave Game.</p>