TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

I created a child company. Hired an owner/booker. They generated a schedule and for four months in a row haven't ran a single show. What am I missing? Are they ghost shows - being ran but I can't see what happened at them? Would workers improve while there?

What's the roster situation like? If they don't have enough talent that may be the issue, I don't know if child feds hire their own talent in 2020.

Currently negotiating new broadcasting deals. Specifically commercial PPV atm

What should I be looking for as far choosing between different timeslots goes? Does higher minimum quality = more viewers for that timeslot?

For example I'm looking at being offered a afternoon deal or a late night deal. Afternoon minimum quality is 42, and late night is like 52 or something. Which would be more beneficial to me? Do they differ in any other ways?

Also while I'm at it; proposed episodes -- what does it mean when I am negotiating and a company wants a minimum of 12 episodes for a 1 year deal? I'm assuming that means within a year of signing that deal I must produce 12 PPV events for them? Or does that mean the deal cannot end until I broadcast 12 PPV events for them? What happens if I don't do 12 PPV events in that year? What if I try to hold 13 or more?

<p>Minimum quality is the stations lowest expectation for your show. They will probably throw you off your spot when you perform less. ;-)</p><p>

I would always go for the slot with more viewers = money. Normally it's the with higher expectations. But you probably also check the competition.</p><p> </p><p>

As for contract length: It is your first assumption. If you haven't shown the minimum number of PPVs during your contract time, they will:</p><p>

a) not extend the contract</p><p>

b) sue you for a LOT of money for not fulfilling your contract</p><p> </p><p>

However, you can do more than 12 PPVs. It's just the minimum number.</p>

Minimum quality is the stations lowest expectation for your show. They will probably throw you off your spot when you perform less. ;-)

I would always go for the slot with more viewers = money. Normally it's the with higher expectations. But you probably also check the competition.

As for contract length: It is your first assumption. If you haven't shown the minimum number of PPVs during your contract time, they will:

a) not extend the contract

b) sue you for a LOT of money for not fulfilling your contract

However, you can do more than 12 PPVs. It's just the minimum number.

Normally? Is there a any way to see if one timeslot has more viewers than another?

Also how exactly does competition factor into the equation? Would a slightly better timeslot with another show airing do less viewers than a worse timeslot?

Thanks for the information

hi all. I downloaded the game today along with a. mod (I'm running it via Parallels on my Mac). I follow the instructions as far as where to move the picture folder to, but when I load up my save file, I still don't have any images.

I have the pictures located on This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > GDS > TEW2020 > Pictures > Total1996

any help would be greatly appreciated

**oops finally fixed it myself**

Hiatus

I know you can try to “talk” to the workers on hiatus to convince them out. I haven’t had any success with try the old method from previous games of giving them a ton of money to bribe them. What are the conditions in the game code for them to be agreeable to come out of hiatus? Obviously this is obtainable or it wouldn’t be an option in Talk to Worker... right? Thanks.

Normally? Is there a any way to see if one timeslot has more viewers than another?

Also how exactly does competition factor into the equation? Would a slightly better timeslot with another show airing do less viewers than a worse timeslot?

Thanks for the information

I’m fairly sure the order of time slots from best to worst is in the guide.

My understanding is competition does nothing and a better time slot is always better.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JTremblay2" data-cite="JTremblay2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>To reset someone's Ice Cold momentum, you can:<p> </p><p> - Give him a ton of wins</p><p> - (Successfully) turn him </p><p> - Let him go to developmental to gain ein and momentum, then call him up</p><p> </p><p> Am I missing any? Can a successful gimmick chance do it?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A successful gimmick change absolutely will reset momentum! In fact, a gimmick change will reset momentum even if you're running a product that doesn't generally use gimmicks.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="catropis84" data-cite="catropis84" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do countries that are not in any of the game regions like African countries Middle Eastern countries etc produce regenerated workers in the game?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes and no. There can be regens/new gens who generate who have a specific Nationality (for instance, Egyptian) even though Egypt isn't playable in the game, but they'll generate out of another country/be based in another part of the world. Normally, they will just generate with a race -- so someone from Saudi Arabia would generate as Middle Eastern -- so you could get a Middle Eastern English Wrestler to generate. Workers who are from different countries that aren't represented in the game world will regen as well and they will still regen with their country of origin (like African Earthquake, who is Ghanaian I believe).</p>

<p>How exactly do I start a developmental company where I can store my younger workers to develop their skills (ala how NXT originally was for WWE)? </p><p> </p><p>

Has this been replaced by training facilities? Or do I just invest and start a child company and then send the workers to work there? Do they need to have trainers (former workers with good skills) sent to the company in order for the workers to develop?</p>

How exactly do I start a developmental company where I can store my younger workers to develop their skills (ala how NXT originally was for WWE)?

Has this been replaced by training facilities? Or do I just invest and start a child company and then send the workers to work there? Do they need to have trainers (former workers with good skills) sent to the company in order for the workers to develop?

You can create a child company — but you have to staff it fully. Referees, agents, etc in addition to talent.

You can also ask an existing company to accept developmental workers from you. If they do you can send them there to work without having to own the company — this is similar to the WWE-OVW relationship of the past.

When I'm starting up a child company for developmental purposes can I not send road agents and referees down to developmental? Is the only way to sign new free agents and send them to the child company when they accept their deals? (Even when I sign new free agents to be road agents and try sending them to the child company they complain and say it's too small for them -- does this matter?)

Also how do I assign my child company a booker and CEO?

I'm playing as child company and my parent company is letting go of some of their well known good workers but won't allow me to sign them. Realistically, that's fair but I was wondering if there was a time frame on this kind of thinking? Is it the same frame of time as when you release someone and they don't want to resign for a while?

Anyone know?

Does anyone know how I can do a ''pay all workers''? I have like 20 people unhappy (playing WWE 2004) and I cannot be bothered going through all of them individually and giving them bonuses! Is there a way like in 2016 where I can just do a big sum for the entire roster? I'd assume there is but I can't find the button anywhere. Thank You!

Does anyone know how I can do a ''pay all workers''? I have like 20 people unhappy (playing WWE 2004) and I cannot be bothered going through all of them individually and giving them bonuses! Is there a way like in 2016 where I can just do a big sum for the entire roster? I'd assume there is but I can't find the button anywhere. Thank You!

go to your roster and choose any worker, click their morale to go to their "alter character details" screen, click "give bonuses or time off", and then on the window that pops up there's a drop down box that lets you choose who you're giving the bonus to. In that drop down box choose "entire roster".

Can someone tell me what's the correct way to book a 6 man tag between stables, NJPW undercard style? ME, UM + LM vs ME, UM + LM, where the Main Eventer pins the Lower Midcard guy, no one is really meant to go over, just a nice little match to fill in the card?

Do you have to Keep Strong both the ME and UM on the losing side to make sure they don't bleed a bunch of overness?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="tomkane" data-cite="tomkane" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>how can i play the game in full screen ?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The game itself doesn't seem to support full screen, but there are some workarounds with settings you can do to get it pretty close.</p><p> </p><p> Here is a short </p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/-iNRKWdpT3U?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="How to play TEW 2020 in Full Screen"></iframe></div></div> I made which explains how to play TEW 2020 in full screen. I hope this helps.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="stiffkick80" data-cite="stiffkick80" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can someone tell me what's the correct way to book a 6 man tag between stables, NJPW undercard style? ME, UM + LM vs ME, UM + LM, where the Main Eventer pins the Lower Midcard guy, no one is really meant to go over, just a nice little match to fill in the card? <p> </p><p> Do you have to Keep Strong both the ME and UM on the losing side to make sure they don't bleed a bunch of overness?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm not 100% but I think just putting the Lower Midcarder to be the loser should be enough. Since it is a Main Eventer getting the win, it shouldn't hurt the other team much at all. Maybe add the Open Match note to make sure everyone is seen as being at the same level. </p><p> </p><p> Now to my question: What is the difference between losing a match and putting someone over when talking to a worker? I asked Sting if he would mind losing to Jeff Jarrett at a PPV, and he said he would have no problem with that booking. I then asked if he would mind putting Jarrett over, and he said no. Does this mean he would be upset if he came out of a feud looking bad against Jarrett?</p>