TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

I had one of my vets (face) say that he'd be willing to put over one of my younger guys (face) - good for one match in the next 3 months. As I just started, I can't turn one of them heel just for this.

Does a multi man match where my young guy pins the vet clean fulfill the promise of wanting to put the guy over?

How do I know if new workers are being (or going to be) generated in my game?

I'm using RWC database and downloaded Sabin's free picture pack and followed the instructions before setting up a game world. I imported his pictures into the free pictures of the database I chose to use.

Now I've been playing for about 6-7 months and haven't seen any new workers pop up, and when I search for unemployed workers with 1 year of experience I get no results.

I know in the past there were things in database such as "new worker frequency" and stuff I can't find anything like that anymore.

I had one of my vets (face) say that he'd be willing to put over one of my younger guys (face) - good for one match in the next 3 months. As I just started, I can't turn one of them heel just for this.

Does a multi man match where my young guy pins the vet clean fulfill the promise of wanting to put the guy over?

Why not a singles? I've never had a problem booking Babyface vs Babyface matches. Slight penalty, so maybe don't put it on last, but I've never found the penalty much at all. From a B to a B- at worst.

Why not a singles? I've never had a problem booking Babyface vs Babyface matches. Slight penalty, so maybe don't put it on last, but I've never found the penalty much at all. From a B to a B- at worst.

Good to know. Not sure how big the hit would be. I will come up with something to get them to face each other. Thanks!

You can also book toxic talent on B-Shows to reduce the hit. It will hurt for a little bit, but you can overcome it. The real problem is when the toxic thing is gone and the deal runs out, everyone will be bidding his price so far up you might or might not be able to afford to keep him.

Good point. Only drawback is that you kind of want a big debut for a singing like that, and keeping them on a B show to start isn't really taking advantage of the situation. As for Wolf, yeah, I'm kicking myself for not signing him to a longer term deal, but not knowing what effect he might have, and kind of wanting to play it in a 'real life' way, I did the 1 year deal. He has instantly become 'Loyal' to my booker character, so hopefully that helps come contract time...but yeah, he's going to cost me a fortune in 8-9 months.

Been away from the forum a long time, just came back a week ago to look at how people are liking AEW and impact and saw we have a new version of TEW since I was last here.

My old game ended when my desktop died and I never bothered to go through trying to transfer the license. If I decide to make the jump to the new one, is it possible to import my old save, I think I have it backed up.

And is there a page that gives a cliff notes of the key changes since the last version.

Been away from the forum a long time, just came back a week ago to look at how people are liking AEW and impact and saw we have a new version of TEW since I was last here.

My old game ended when my desktop died and I never bothered to go through trying to transfer the license. If I decide to make the jump to the new one, is it possible to import my old save, I think I have it backed up.

And is there a page that gives a cliff notes of the key changes since the last version.

Saved games can't be transferred from TEW16 to TEW20.

You can find Adam's "TEW2020 Announcement & Developer's Journal" here

Is it possible to delete a worker from a save game? I can’t find an option for it, but I have a few people I’ve imported incorrectly who I would like to remove.

No, but a workaround is to Blacklist them so they don't show up in your searches. And even though you can't delete them, you can edit their stats/popularity all down to 0 and I THINK you can change their status to Retired or out of the business? So do all that, change their name to ZZZ or something and Blacklist them.

I'm playing as child company and my parent company is letting go of some of their well known good workers but won't allow me to sign them. Realistically, that's fair but I was wondering if there was a time frame on this kind of thinking? Is it the same frame of time as when you release someone and they don't want to resign for a while?

Booking in real life mods.

I am not too sure what I'm doing wrong. But in real life mods I cannot seem to get shows rated more than mid/high 70s. Is it a balancing issue? Is it a me issue? (I'm kind of willing to bet on the latter), I'm not sure if it's because I'm not quite following through on storylines, or have any hot storylines right now, but even my main event stuff only gets near 80s where as I see people getting 90s fairly regularly.

Can I block my Child Company from negotiating with certain talent?

I just tried to call someone up from my child company and realised their contract was allowing them to work for others too. I wanted them exclusively so offered them an exclusive deal, and my child company outbid me.... now it's not the end of the world as I can just take them from the child company, but still, it's a bit stupid that you can get into a bidding war with your own development fed... I feel like i'm missing something.

Can anyone give me tips on how to take my matches to the next level?

I'm playing a real world mod booking AEW and my best matches tend to be in the 78-84 range. Is there any little tricks that could give me the extra push? Like maybe you should always use slow build in this situation or you should always do this or that with this kind of worker. Just anything really

Any reason that seemingly every promotion i play with is missing event pictures? So far BHOTWG, WLW and now CWA. None of them have event pictures. Worker and title belt pictures all seem to be there. Do i just keep picking companies that dont have logos for their events or is something wrong?

Also, how do i cancel a tv show

If I create my own developmental company do I have to fill out the whole roster by myself or will the owner I choose fill it out himself?

If you create them, you have to fill out the roster. They are owned by you and all of the talent gets paid by you, so it's up to you to staff them.

This is different than if an existing company agrees to accept developmental workers from you -- they will continue to operate independently and just accept guys that you send them -- and you'll be on the hook for those guys.

Any reason that seemingly every promotion i play with is missing event pictures? So far BHOTWG, WLW and now CWA. None of them have event pictures. Worker and title belt pictures all seem to be there. Do i just keep picking companies that dont have logos for their events or is something wrong?

Also, how do i cancel a tv show

The companies you have picked don't have event logos.

And what do you mean by cancel a show? Do you want to cancel the deal to air it, or do you want to stop the show all together?

To do the former, it is under broadcasting deals.

To do the later, go to the show details and make it dormant instead of active.

Why are my ace Mayu Iwatani prioritizing OZ Academy before me Stardom, when she is Stardom true born. Also, im ranked 12th in the world and OZ is ranked 34th...? Our contracts are basically the same, handshake with no bonuses. Im paying a little bit more per show. Basically the same momentum and prestige also.

One more thing. What is this 450k infusion of cash OZ has under misc?

"Misc" is usually the program balancing out finances- can swing up or down based on some algorithm. You have no real control over it.

As far as Mayu choosing OZ, from my experience it doesn't matter how higher prestige or momentum is, if they are higher by at least 1, the worker will skip my show. Obviously a higher sized company always wins. Don't think the pay matters much. I just switch my schedule to avoid conflicts.

Loyalty/True Born is pretty much for Contract Negotiations/if the worker will leave.

The Stardom women's contracts ought to be set to Ironclad Exclusive Handshake (in real life they are Written, but they are too small for that in TEW) but their wages will increase and it may break the game balance. It's actually kinda hard to sim the joshi business scene in TEW. In real life those promotions are super small but the workers are insanely loyal and would never miss shows like that.

Booking in real life mods.

I am not too sure what I'm doing wrong. But in real life mods I cannot seem to get shows rated more than mid/high 70s. Is it a balancing issue? Is it a me issue? (I'm kind of willing to bet on the latter), I'm not sure if it's because I'm not quite following through on storylines, or have any hot storylines right now, but even my main event stuff only gets near 80s where as I see people getting 90s fairly regularly.

What is the popularity of the workers involved and what is their skill level? How does it match up with whatever style you're using? Are you using match aims and staying within those parameters? Are you getting announcer penalties on matches? Do you have good referees?

If you look at the notes post match/angle and I believe there are notes at the end of the show as well you can see all the areas in which you sustain a penalty. You can make the proper adjustments to your shows then.