TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gwblack" data-cite="gwblack" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes, they have to finish out their exclusive written contract before they can go to a new employer. You can find out how long that contract has left in the in-game editor.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Whilst technically correct, I don't think that's the answer here, as if they're on "Exclusive Written" you shouldn't even be able to talk to them if there's more than 30 days remaining, right?</p><p> </p><p> So if he's waited a month, that deal should have expired.</p><p> </p><p> If it's just "Written", they should be free to join you immediately, but will still have to finish up the contract time with the other fed.</p><p> </p><p> My best guess would be that you have got them but you have some kind of filter set up so they aren't appearing when you go to book matches. Anything else would be very confusing, unless I'm wrong about the 30 day thing.</p>

Hey all, sorry if this has been answered somewhere but I just can't find it.

What are the major factors that go into a match rating for the AI? Is it exactly the same as for a player?

I'm trying to get a mod I'm working on to sim ok, but a national company keeps falling to cult (medium) within months. I've slowly been buffing their main eventers, figuring eventually the workers will hit an equilibrium where where they're all good enough to have matches with each other that keep show ratings above 77, but no luck. Meanwhile those main eventers are starting to dominate the Power 500, which wasn't the plan.

Concerned, I clicked on some of their failed main events, and the in-ring performances of the workers are actually quite high. Often in the 90s, but still pulling segment ratings in the 70s. I'm not sure what to tweak to get their match ratings consistently at a national level :(

Specs from the game attached. Thank you!

ShowRatingCollage.thumb.jpg.04c8318fc78e9570ec896dda13346957.jpg

It's probably the booking skill of the booker/owner.

A irl save I played had Stephanie McMahon's booking skills at 90 and almost every WWE show (PPV or Raw) was in the 90s. Then I took the booking skills down to 40 and suddenly the ratings turned to 70+, while the worker's performances were still high

I feel like the answer is no but figured its worth a shot.

Is there some place I can look at the medical on a developmental worker? I have a B show where I usually borrow dev workers to put over my lower card. One of the guys I call up often has an injury. I was looking around so I could see how long he was going to be out but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Am I overlooking something?

I feel like the answer is no but figured its worth a shot.

Is there some place I can look at the medical on a developmental worker? I have a B show where I usually borrow dev workers to put over my lower card. One of the guys I call up often has an injury. I was looking around so I could see how long he was going to be out but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Am I overlooking something?

You can see injuries on the bottom right corner of the skills screen.

Is there still an option to do crazy/stunt bumps in a match? I aren't seeing it in road agent notes. I see it in angles. Are they restricted to certain matches/events/companies?

Also I asked this one in the general gameplay thread but I've had no response. When debuting a worker, if I don't alter their default gimmick at all will it be in any way Unique/Creative/Safe or will it be set to the centre of the grid?

For example if I sign Zomboy and debut him with his Zombie Daredevil gimmick without touching anything will that be a default middle of the road "unstable" gimmick or will it be more unique?

Does anyone know how you mass edit contract start dates? It seems to be the only contract option not listed in the mass edit under Contracts.

But if you backdate the mod, then every contract after the new start date causes a critical error. There's literally thousands of contracts, so there's no way people are doing this by hand. I just can't find out how to mass edit them :/

Thanks!

If you have a tag team with an enormous gap of popularities between the two workers, which team type is best? I am booking the team in like a main eventer and sidekick sort of way to get the sidekick over. If I choose Individuals, and have the main eventer get the pinfalls, what would the popularity gain be compared to if I choose Unit?

If you have a tag team with an enormous gap of popularities between the two workers, which team type is best? I am booking the team in like a main eventer and sidekick sort of way to get the sidekick over. If I choose Individuals, and have the main eventer get the pinfalls, what would the popularity gain be compared to if I choose Unit?

If you plan on having the team win, Unit helps to get the sidekick up with momentum and pop. But if you want the sidekick to eat the pinfalls for the main eventer, Individuals will be better, because the main eventers momentum doesn't take a hit for being on the losing side of a tag match.

Atleast less than usual

How do you get non wrestlers, managers, personalities, authority figures to gain popularity? Angles don't seem to be working.

They should gain popularity if they feature in angles that are better rated than their popularity, the speed depends how much higher the rating is, your coverage and how often they appear.

Iv just gotten Salina de La Renta from 60 pop to 85 by having her appear him angles unrated alongside Jay White who I have her managing.

They should gain popularity if they feature in angles that are better rated than their popularity, the speed depends how much higher the rating is, your coverage and how often they appear.

Iv just gotten Salina de La Renta from 60 pop to 85 by having her appear him angles unrated alongside Jay White who I have her managing.

Just got to keep putting them in angles. For managers specifically, having them part of the wrestlers promo, talking if capable, to soak up some of that pop...as well as having them at ringside for matches and occasionally distracting and (hopefully) getting those 'did great at ringside' notes. I also use the 'manager hype 1v1' promo a bit, as well as balancing having the wrestler speak and the manager stand by his side, and then on the next card, have the manager alone cut a promo referencing (off camera) the wrestlers involved. Also be sure to include them in your storylines to make them 'part' of the story you are telling in the fans eyes. As others have said, there are a number of other variables, but like anything, if you keep putting a capable performer in front of the fans in meaningful situations, then they usually catch on. If they don't, maybe that person isn't a star? Good luck!

edit: Also, if the wrestlers in a feud both have a manger, I'll do tag promo's that are meant for two wrestlers. By putting a manager(s) in there, they are put on an equal footing in the promo with the wrestler, which may help them gain pop. Also can work against a guy in a stable...just have the opponent have a buddy/stablemate in the promo.

Is there any minute requirement? My promotion is currently "Insignificant" and I don't have any coverage, using Attitude Entertainment product. Been doing interview segments getting around 25-35 rated segments 3-4 minutes and the pop on the interviewer is 1 and hasn't moved.

Only pop I've been seeing is from high rated matches or winning against higher opponents. Nothing from higher rated angles.

Is there any minute requirement? My promotion is currently "Insignificant" and I don't have any coverage, using Attitude Entertainment product. Been doing interview segments getting around 25-35 rated segments 3-4 minutes and the pop on the interviewer is 1 and hasn't moved.

The handbook says that angles that are under four minutes in length have greatly reduced effects on worker popularity and skill growth.

Only pop I've been seeing is from high rated matches or winning against higher opponents. Nothing from higher rated angles.

You're still in the early stages. I typically used 6-8 for my 'main' promo of the card, and then a couple of short 3-4 min promo's for the rest. As was stated, you're not going to grow your pop as fast that way, but it keeps things consistent and 'believable' in terms of the kinds of promo's I'd have on my show (short backstage promo's talking about an opponent...or just hyping themselves up a la Macho Man back in the day)...the longer ones are reserved for guys in feuds, or strong entertainers at the opening of a show...usually that involves 2 going band forth as an audience will only sit there for an 8 min promo from a star imo.

You're still insignificant, so progress will be slow...but just keep at it and you'll start to see those promo ratings going up by 2 each time...guys will start putting on 60's and then 70's...it took me ages to get my ACPW save up to a point where guys were putting on 80 promo's...and nearly 8+ years before I got my first 100...so it takes time if you're starting from a smaller base. Just keep it at.

edit: To add, I was ACPW and then CZCW in this save, where in ring quality supersedes popularity, so I wasn't angle focused...but presented my show similar to RAW with someone in the ring to open the show more often than not...which was usually the only lengthy promo on the card.

I have multiple of my own broadcasters (one per country). When I choose 'child companies' and owen broadcaster to put there tv and events on my broadcaster, i cant seem to choose which of my broadcasters to use, it just selects the first one i created, am i missing something?

If you just go to the regular broadcasting screen and sort by "will negotiate" it will show all your owned broadcasters

It does if you go to the child companies screen and select broadcasters from there. It is next to the Own Broadcaster button.

I think you misunderstand the question. If you have multiple owned broadcasters.

You go to child company>Own Broadcaster

It defaults to the first broadcaster you created with no option to switch to another broadcaster. Adam has confirmed it is an oversight and will be fixed in patch 1.25

I have one owned broadcaster per region show I can show specials exclusive to certain countries.