TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Hoping this has been asked a lot and is an easy question...

Why aren't any retired workers opening dojos/training centers?

I have Picture Requirement set to "Off"...and I had a promotion open up one, but I'm so used to the old world where new ones would open frequently after people retired.

Thoughts?

It's a converted 2016-2020 database, so is it possible there's a new characteristic that didn't exist prior to 2020 I'm not considering?

Hoping this has been asked a lot and is an easy question...

Why aren't any retired workers opening dojos/training centers?

I have Picture Requirement set to "Off"...and I had a promotion open up one, but I'm so used to the old world where new ones would open frequently after people retired.

Thoughts?

It's a converted 2016-2020 database, so is it possible there's a new characteristic that didn't exist prior to 2020 I'm not considering?

I've got four opened and I'm 4 and a bit years in. I think there are a couple that are in-built into the CVerse (Steffi Chee?), but I don't have that problem with my game. Not all the owners have similar attributes either. Couple of giving performers, a natural trainer, a passes on knowledge, but another with no attributes that would lead you to believe they would open a school.

I never played TEW16, did they have this feature in that game?

I play almost exclusively as small companies that I'm trying to build up -- so I don't really get the option to sign them exclusively. I think it depends on your size/competition. If you are afraid that another company can swoop in and take them -- sign them to exclusive deals and work the hell out of them. If you don't have a lot of competition that you're worried about, let them work places and develop.

As a newer player I'd second this advice. One thing I noticed too when I was playing as a smaller company was that I could build guys up a bit and be OK if they were in the mid card or having the occasional main event type match...but as soon as I put a belt on someone, the other companies started to come calling. Also, as ACPW, because they're a 'mixed' fed, anytime I so much as booked a young female worker a couple of matches they'd had offers from one of the two all-female promotions...so it made building up any women nearly impossible.

edit: I should add this didn't bother me really, as I liked the challenge, and seeing wrestlers I 'discovered' go on to other promotions and do well...especially in my first couple of years as ACPW.

What is the filter tick box about on angles?

Everything i have ever watched nobody unticks it

What does it do/not do?

It turns off the filter.

If you're filtering, say, your main eventers in an angle, and want a female manager to appear too, it's quicker to sort by main eventers and turn off the filter to put the manager in.

Why did this match only get an 81 overall, despite performances of 95 & 96?

UJjCqg8.png?1

SkinAWS.png?!

For one, the penalties listed beneath their performances.

Depending on your product, their popularity will also affect the match rating by some amount. If you open the Dirt Sheet it'll give you more info on penalties/bonuses etc.

Matches are rated on a ratio of 40:60 to 55:45 on in-ring action vs. popularity.

Aaron Andrews' popularity is at 89-90 in the U.S., and Jay Chord's is at 91-93.

My announcers are Jason Azaria (73 announcing), Kyle Rhodes (72 color), and Jasmine Saunders (70 color).

I unfortunately have already moved past the part where the Dirt Sheet for the match is acceptable. I just don't see how the announcing penalties were sufficient to knock the rating down 14 points.

Hello folks, im sure this question is around somwhere but after a quick look I cant find it

I own TEW2020 on my laptop, ive recently bought a pc and want to play it on the PC, how do i go about doing this?

Remove the eLicense on your laptop so you can use it on your PC. You can have the game installed on as many devices as you want at once, but only one can be licensed and "active."

Hope this is the right place for this, but on one of the youtube playthrough's I'm watching of TEW2020 the stats for the wrestlers is typically just one number. In my game, the majority of stats are a range of 18 points (50-68). Is there a setting that toggles between the two, and if so, is there a difference between the two? I actually like having the range, as I'm assuming it randomizes things a bit more to reflect consistency/inconsistency and how hard it would be to be on a certain amount every night if you were a wrestler.

Hope this is the right place for this, but on one of the youtube playthrough's I'm watching of TEW2020 the stats for the wrestlers is typically just one number. In my game, the majority of stats are a range of 18 points (50-68). Is there a setting that toggles between the two, and if so, is there a difference between the two? I actually like having the range, as I'm assuming it randomizes things a bit more to reflect consistency/inconsistency and how hard it would be to be on a certain amount every night if you were a wrestler.

In reality, every worker has one value for each stat. The range represents uncertainty in that you don't know what the number is until you've seen the wrestler compete many times.

You can turn this off by unchecking Enable Scouting under Preferences.

In reality, every worker has one value for each stat. The range represents uncertainty in that you don't know what the number is until you've seen the wrestler compete many times.

You can turn this off by unchecking Enable Scouting under Preferences.

Thanks. Is there a set time for how long it stays as a 'range' because I'm now 10 years into a save and I'm pretty sure some of my long timers are still showing it...though I could be wrong. It actually makes sense to me visually for the reason you presented, rather than a fixed number...but I would like to try it the other way just to see. Thanks again.

Thanks. Is there a set time for how long it stays as a 'range' because I'm now 10 years into a save and I'm pretty sure some of my long timers are still showing it...though I could be wrong. It actually makes sense to me visually for the reason you presented, rather than a fixed number...but I would like to try it the other way just to see. Thanks again.

I think it's based on time in segments or number of segments, but I'm not sure. So it will go away faster if you're running a big company with house shows and weekly TV than if you're running a small company putting on monthly shows. But that's just my understanding - I'm not certain.

Is there a way to fix it so you can have a deal with a Broadcaster that hasn't began yet?

I didn't have this issue in 16, but when trying to start a new game in 20, it tells me there's an error, and I have 16 broadcaster deals with inactive broadcasters.

I did this for a mod so when the broadcaster activates, the company automatically goes to it. They're all company based streaming services.

Is there a work around for this? Should I just delete the deals? Will just having them connected give them a deal when they activate?