TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

So I have an exclusive worker who was involved in a scandal and is now considered Toxic. It only slightly hurt his popularity, and I think he's valuable enough that I'm willing to wait it out up to 18 months or so just to see if it passes and get him back involved.

Is this Toxic label something that just randomly goes away, or is this permanent?

If it's temporary I'll just send him away on the first of the month for a month and check in again next time until I've had enough.

So I decided to risk it all on Jon Moxley, who became available due to a steroid scandal that forced AEW to cut him loose. His pop plunged from high 90s to 74. I signed him after 2-3 months and just absolutely pushed him to the moon. He's in the heavyweight title mix at all times. While I have the note that he's toxic on the office page, I've continued to grow at a pretty rapid pace. I have also been able to negotiate broadcasting deals and such without issue. So while I'm sure there are some effects and I'm not experiencing them yet, they seem modest.

<p>does someone know what would be the best way to set up an 10-bell-salute angle for an recently deceased worker (without using the default angle option). or is someone having a good idea?</p><p> </p><p>

i already heard, that there is no real way to do it, cause dead people can't be used in angles (for good reasons ;( ) </p><p> </p><p>

but, does someone has a good workaround?</p><p> </p><p>

any help will be appreciated!</p>

<p>I don’t understand why in only one region of Canada my popularity is capped at 55.</p><p>

In all others Canadian regions I have 79-80 of popularity. </p><p>

I am with TCW and I can increase in size due to that 55.</p><p>

I am hosting also regular shows in that region but nothing.</p><p>

Could this be a bug?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="leonxx89" data-cite="leonxx89" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don’t understand why in only one region of Canada my popularity is capped at 55.<p> In all others Canadian regions I have 79-80 of popularity. </p><p> I am with TCW and I can increase in size due to that 55.</p><p> I am hosting also regular shows in that region but nothing.</p><p> Could this be a bug?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just a guess, but is it the Maritimes? In reality, it's not well populated, so my thinking is there aren't enough people there to generate the typical pop gains you see in other areas...basically, for it to get to 80 or 90 pop, literally half the population of the area might have to be fans to fill an arena that fans in Ontario, for example, might fill easier as they have more people to draw from. Like, if 80% of all Maritimers watch a particular show, that's still only X number...which might be, the same as 10% of Ontarians watching? Of course my math is flawed I'm just using this as an example, but to me it makes sense that in order to really gain high popularity in The Maritimes, you really do have to focus on winning over every fan in the area.</p><p> </p><p> edit: I should also add, it may also have to do where your 'home base' is? I ran ACPW originally in the CornellVerse which is located in Quebec, and since all of my shows early on were in that region, the far west coast (BC) really lagged behind early...while the Maritimes wasn't as slow since my home base (Quebec) was located right next door to the Maritimes? Maybe relocating your HQ might do something? Just spitballing</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="InstantlyOil" data-cite="InstantlyOil" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How to set someone as the owner of a company using the editor?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Add a new player, start as the owner of the company you want, then have that play leave the game.</p><p> </p><p> Or are you talking outside of a started game? In the regular editor there is a button names "Power Structure" on the Edit-a-company screen, where you can pick a contracted worker to be the owner/CEO of the company</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DrRDuke" data-cite="DrRDuke" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just a guess, but is it the Maritimes? In reality, it's not well populated, so my thinking is there aren't enough people there to generate the typical pop gains you see in other areas...basically, for it to get to 80 or 90 pop, literally half the population of the area might have to be fans to fill an arena that fans in Ontario, for example, might fill easier as they have more people to draw from. Like, if 80% of all Maritimers watch a particular show, that's still only X number...which might be, the same as 10% of Ontarians watching? Of course my math is flawed I'm just using this as an example, but to me it makes sense that in order to really gain high popularity in The Maritimes, you really do have to focus on winning over every fan in the area.<p> </p><p> edit: I should also add, it may also have to do where your 'home base' is? I ran ACPW originally in the CornellVerse which is located in Quebec, and since all of my shows early on were in that region, the far west coast (BC) really lagged behind early...while the Maritimes wasn't as slow since my home base (Quebec) was located right next door to the Maritimes? Maybe relocating your HQ might do something? Just spitballing</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes. It’s Maritimes. So How can I gain popularity in that region?</p><p> I am constantly having shows there but nothing.</p>

Yes. It’s Maritimes. So How can I gain popularity in that region?

I am constantly having shows there but nothing.

I'm a newer player myself, so this is all just from what I've seen. You could try and hire a worker from that region, or who is already over in that area. You could run shows a bit more frequently in The Maritimes, and just take the hit financially due to the lower attendance. Make sure those shows are also well rated etc. You may have to focus on Maritmes/Quebec for a bit...run a PPV there...but in my experience the smaller areas always lagged behind until I reached a certain pop in the rest of Canada, and then Maritimes kind of 'caught up'...so it may just be you've got to keep them interested, but once you become BIG or LARGE then more people in the Maritimes will pay attention because you're even more mainstream now...

Outside of that, it's just trial and error...

Add a new player, start as the owner of the company you want, then have that play leave the game.

Or are you talking outside of a started game? In the regular editor there is a button names "Power Structure" on the Edit-a-company screen, where you can pick a contracted worker to be the owner/CEO of the company

Thanks man. The Power Structure tab is somehow in my blind spot and I never seen it yet. I get tired of this egomaniac owner taking over this kid friendly company I set as a regional rival.

Also, does anybody got that image about keeping audience intrested? Like it shows tiers like Cool -> Hot->Buzzing, and what type of match did that, etc.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dj161" data-cite="dj161" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>does anyone know if adding live music/celebrities and special sets to your events actually increases viewership/income, or am I just throwing money away every month?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Show rating is improved.</p><p> Depends on how much money you spend in Music, Celebrities and Stage. If you have money and you want to raise your popularity quick is a good way to do it.</p><p> The attendance can be increased if you have the Pre-booking match activated and you announce Matches with enough star power.</p>

How many shows a month is recommended for Tiny and Small companies?

I remember earlier, spamming shows (weekly.... two times a week.... more) was a quick way to gain popularity fast, but there seems to be some diminishing returns to show spamming now. Is two shows a month good?

Use a calculator and see how profitable it would be.

In a Tiny or Small company is there any benefit to pre-booking a show and having a legend on there? Like if you pay for Ricky Steamboat and pre-book it does it help at all?

I doubt it. I've seen a bonus pop up once with a small company, but I might've just increased to medium that week. In any event, IF it's possible you'd practically have to sign a legend.

For tiny companies, on the long term, I'd say just stay with one monthly show. If you're an entertainment company with good sponsorship, you can hold more. The thing is that worker pop will increase, leading to higher wages and your finances might drop as a result of this.

Sorry if answered, had a quick look but couldn't find it.

Is it possible to edit the status of someone who has left the business to bring them back or can that only be done in the database before starting a save? I'm just looking to bring Jessie back for a one-off angle but not sure if it can be done.

Use a calculator and see how profitable it would be.

My bad, wasn't clear. I mean purely for popularity gain (both for my company and for my individual workers). I'm near break even running 4 shows a month, but feel like I'm not gaining much popularity (if any at all) from my later shows

I've been searching for awhile and am tired of looking so apologies for maybe asking something that already has been asked.

Can the user avatar form all relationships over time with workers? Like dating, etc.?

Yes they can. They can have relationships develop. I've played as Jennifer Cornell (and Tommy Cornell) before and had them get divorced when I was playing as them.

quick question, I have a developmental company and I'm ready to recall somebody to my main roster as she is now skilled and over enough to go, I've pressed prepare to recall, and it says she won't win any titles now, do I still need to actually recall her, or will she come up on her own in the near future?