TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JonButterfield" data-cite="JonButterfield" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I took over NWA, who book their shows in 4 week blocks.<p> </p><p> But my major event is in the middle of this block - so if I pre-book a title change, the game is still complaining that the champion is not present in a match that will be aired AFTER the date of the major event...</p><p> </p><p> Am I doing something wrong?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I want to make sure I understand what the problem you're running into is...</p><p> </p><p> Is the problem that you are booking a title change in say, show 4 of the block between the champion and a challenger? Or is the problem that you plan on doing a title change at the major event and then on say week 4 of the TV show as well?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I want to make sure I understand what the problem you're running into is...<p> </p><p> Is the problem that you are booking a title change in say, show 4 of the block between the champion and a challenger? Or is the problem that you plan on doing a title change at the major event and then on say week 4 of the TV show as well?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So I want to book a title change at a major event on week 2, but there are two pre-taped shows that will air after that date - and it's warning me about not including the champion when I'm booking the NEW champion against a different challenger, if that makes sense?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JonButterfield" data-cite="JonButterfield" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I want to book a title change at a major event on week 2, but there are two pre-taped shows that will air after that date - and it's warning me about not including the champion when I'm booking the NEW champion against a different challenger, if that makes sense?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You're not doing anything wrong, the game isn't able to simulate that properly because the game doesn't know what's going to happen at your major event because it hasn't happened. </p><p> </p><p> In the real world in the 90s, the NWA actually got mad at WCW for spoiling a title change at a tv taping</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You're not doing anything wrong, the game isn't able to simulate that properly because the game doesn't know what's going to happen at your major event because it hasn't happened. <p> </p><p> In the real world in the 90s, the NWA actually got mad at WCW for spoiling a title change at a tv taping</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Gotcha.</p><p> </p><p> I get why pre-booking wouldn't work from an AI logic, because it might not happen and all that, so I think I'm going to have to switch from the company style of booking 4 week's worth of cards on one date just for the sake of logic.</p><p> </p><p> Thanks for the replies!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JonButterfield" data-cite="JonButterfield" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Gotcha.<p> </p><p> I get why pre-booking wouldn't work from an AI logic, because it might not happen and all that, so I think I'm going to have to switch from the company style of booking 4 week's worth of cards on one date just for the sake of logic.</p><p> </p><p> Thanks for the replies!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Another option is rescheduling your major event to be on the final weekend of the month. Might not work for you current plans, but it's a decent work around to prevent this type of occurrence.</p>

Another thing I have success with is changing how many episodes are taped at a time.

I don't like the rigid schedule of Tape 4 shows, then do an event and repeat. So, I'll schedule my major events, and just alter how many episodes are taped at a time when necessary.

I might start with 4 weeks of tapings, then switch it to 3 for the next set so that I can have 7 episodes lead to the event, instead of forcing 8 or having an event that takes place between airings of taped shows.

Another thing I have success with is changing how many episodes are taped at a time.

I don't like the rigid schedule of Tape 4 shows, then do an event and repeat. So, I'll schedule my major events, and just alter how many episodes are taped at a time when necessary.

This is exactly what I do to get around issues with an event coming up in the middle of a block of pre-taped shows.

Right, I have searched for this everywhere and been unable to find an answer. Hopefully someone can help, even if it is not the answer I want to hear.

During a show I create an angle and have the commentary show all of the information that I want to see. Once you have finished the show, is there anyway to see that text again? Or is it not able to be seen afterwards? Because if you look at the show history, it only shows the segment rating and nothing else.

If there is no way of viewing this in game, is there anyway to export it from the game?

Right, I have searched for this everywhere and been unable to find an answer. Hopefully someone can help, even if it is not the answer I want to hear.

During a show I create an angle and have the commentary show all of the information that I want to see. Once you have finished the show, is there anyway to see that text again? Or is it not able to be seen afterwards? Because if you look at the show history, it only shows the segment rating and nothing else.

If there is no way of viewing this in game, is there anyway to export it from the game?

No. Once the show is run the flavor text is lost. The only way to export it is to copy and paste it out of the game into a word document for yourself.

Thanks Historian. I've gone up 1-2% now, so slow progress even with weekly shows - but it is happening.

Any idea how long a company needs to be in the red to go bankrupt? I have 2 months ahead of me before I dip into the red. AMW have been in the red since February (it's now September) but they actually turned a four figure profit last month. Even if they crash in the next two months, PPPW have Production Values and Music equal to mine - although they've recently doubled their production costs and trebled their worker costs, so they're running into the red at the same point we are.

To answer my own question, AMW went bankrupt in November after about 9 months in the red. They were a Small company, and had received financial warnings 8 weeks and 4 weeks before they were declared bankrupt.

Naturally, I now have XFW who've raised all their production levels to match mine, with music one level above mine. They have 400k in the bank and are turning a profit every month off the back of weekly attendances of 1,200 where I'm hurting from fortnightly 300 attendances.

I wonder if switching to weekly TV shows would hurt or help? I'll have to check back whether that's going to cost me twice as much in production costs as I know someone set that out a while back.

For a wrestler that isn't interested in gaining muscle/going up in size at this point in their career, is there anything you can do to convince them otherwise or is that just a personality trait thing? If they say "at this point in my career", does that imply that at a future point they are willing to?

For a wrestler that isn't interested in gaining muscle/going up in size at this point in their career, is there anything you can do to convince them otherwise or is that just a personality trait thing? If they say "at this point in my career", does that imply that at a future point they are willing to?

I can say its at least partly random because I try to get many workers to do it (no downside that I can see). Some workers will do it in one save but not another. As a matter of fact I think all of my targets (SWF, not everyone but several) have done it and have rejected it in different saves. Its usually half of them do it (or a little less) and half don't but which ones do are different.

I've never gotten far enough to see if they later change their mind but I assume there isn't two separate responses for no reason. If they say "not at this point" I would assume at another point they might be open to it.

I have a worker who will not try and stop his drug use and says ‘I like my lifestyle just fine’. He doesn’t have drugs as permanent on his attributes so it isn’t that. There is nothing which looks remarkable in his attributes or stats that seems to answer why he alone is the person who refuses to try and stop his drug use. I must be missing something.

I have a worker who will not try and stop his drug use and says ‘I like my lifestyle just fine’. He doesn’t have drugs as permanent on his attributes so it isn’t that. There is nothing which looks remarkable in his attributes or stats that seems to answer why he alone is the person who refuses to try and stop his drug use. I must be missing something.

It would simply be linked to his hidden Destiny number.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask. What happened to the mod index page? I know there were mods in the index I can't find anywhere now. I went to bethebooker.net, and any link I click on doesn't even open anything. Not every mod is on the tewdb website either.

Every single link on both BeTheBooker and TEWDB that I tried worked.

Seem to be having an issue with the angle writer for angles.

Ill have written out what I want the promo to show, but once I start the show and go through each segment, the text box comes up blank for anything I used the angle writer for

If you can replicate the issue, I suggest posting in tech support.

Written contacts, do they stop other companies signing workers to exclusive written?

No. But if you have an iron clad clause in the written contract, it means they have to work the entirety of the contract for you before they can go exclusive.

It also makes them way less likely to sign exclusive written deals.

sorry, this has probably been asked before somewhere but I cant find it.

I'm playing with CZCW and soon I can and will start my own developmental company. I know I will have to give them all the "stuff" for it (wrestlers, refs, road agents etc) however, in TEW2016 I know you also had to put down trainers for the developmental company and as far as I know, I only send the people down there. Do the Road Agents also help increase the skills of the younger talents, or do I just not need to put trainers down anymore?