TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Is it possible to make the financial aspect of the game remotely challenging?

I'm five years into a save with the default data and every company above Tiny is raking in consistent profits (huge profits in the case of the larger companies) which makes the finances meaningless. WMMA had a setting to adjust the finances, but I don't see one here.

Not sure how much it affects things, but you could go into eras and lower the viewing numbers for TV and PPV from the default

I would assume ...

New Years would be Jan - Week 1 - Day 1

Valentines would be Feb - Week 2 - Day 7 (14th day of the month)

Christmas would be Dec - Week 4 - Day 4 (25th day of the month)

Yeah thats what I've been doing, working it out the same as you , was just hoping someone had a list off all of them in case it's wrong lol

Adam?? Lol

Is it possible to make the financial aspect of the game remotely challenging?

I'm five years into a save with the default data and every company above Tiny is raking in consistent profits (huge profits in the case of the larger companies) which makes the finances meaningless. WMMA had a setting to adjust the finances, but I don't see one here.

The finances are way off, for sure. A recent patch made the top workers ask for more wages but this still wasn't enough. The game doesn't factor in that a company's value and its bank account / operating balance aren't the same thing. Worse still is that the owner of the company doesn't even take a wage! The way I work around this is at the end of every year, I manually edit all the companies balance back to the original amount if they are above it, or just leave it if they are below. I justify this by saying that the owner and shareholders take their payments and leave a balance to operate with. This way, the companies who are making money still make money but not too much and those that are losing money continue to lose it. It also allows companies that were once profitable but no longer not to just live off their 'savings' for ever. Not ideal, but it makes things a little better.

It’s really stressful trying to make a half decent mod because finances balloon way up, but the biggest thing I’ve been able to do is give obscene starting contracts as far as wages go. I wouldn’t do it in game, but giving out a few 6 figure (per month) contracts. Has helped keep balances in check more than usual.

1997 Cverse Bankrupcy

Its June 1999 & HGC is negative 5 million. They've been at that point for 12+ months. Is there a reason they are not being closed? (nevermind) they can have 6 months to 3 years,

So far DAVE, AMW, and XFW have closed due to bankruptcy. EILL is negaitve 500k and HGC is negative 5 million. SWF is strangling the US Indies.

Not sure how much it affects things, but you could go into eras and lower the viewing numbers for TV and PPV from the default

Interesting idea, but can't be done in a save game, unfortunately.

The finances are way off, for sure. A recent patch made the top workers ask for more wages but this still wasn't enough. The game doesn't factor in that a company's value and its bank account / operating balance aren't the same thing. Worse still is that the owner of the company doesn't even take a wage! The way I work around this is at the end of every year, I manually edit all the companies balance back to the original amount if they are above it, or just leave it if they are below. I justify this by saying that the owner and shareholders take their payments and leave a balance to operate with. This way, the companies who are making money still make money but not too much and those that are losing money continue to lose it. It also allows companies that were once profitable but no longer not to just live off their 'savings' for ever. Not ideal, but it makes things a little better.

That may be the only way to do it. Even then it's not going to change things up much since pretty much every company is making a healthy profit, and none of them even try to spend their savings even in a battle, but at least it stops them having such a huge bank balance.

It's so frustrating that the fundamental game balance is still so out of whack after all these iterations of the game.

At the start of a game, the workers section only shows workers that are active. Once I hit reset, it then shows all workers in the game, even those who have left the business. I don't want this, but I have no idea how to get it back to only showing active workers, because the filters look the same as before the reset. Any help is greatly appreciated.

At the start of a game, the workers section only shows workers that are active. Once I hit reset, it then shows all workers in the game, even those who have left the business. I don't want this, but I have no idea how to get it back to only showing active workers, because the filters look the same as before the reset. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Do you mean when you're picking a user character? I think it shows those who have left the business because you can still pick them for use as a user character.

Do you mean when you're picking a user character? I think it shows those who have left the business because you can still pick them for use as a user character.

No, I mean in the Workers tab at the side of the main screen in the game itself, where you go to look at the workers you might want to hire. At the start of a game, all active workers, refs, road agents, managers, etc are listed there. If you press the reset button though, it doesn't reset to only active workers, it resets to all living workers including those who have left the business.

<p>I started playing TEW with TEW 2020 after a long time with TEW 2005, and have really enjoyed playing the CVerse. </p><p> </p><p>

It got me thinking, I love booking guys like Ernest Youngman and Logan Wolfsbaine as can't miss prospects for new companies - but which CVerse characters were wunderkinds of their own in earlier iterations of the game? By CV2020, who made it big and who floundered? </p><p> </p><p>

Always loved learning about the lore stuff!</p>

<p>Hi there,</p><p>

Has anyone had any experience of toxic workers, either signing them or having them on the roster? Remo Richardson just got caught in a steroids racketing scandal and is on the market for $50 a show. When I go to sign it says he'll have a negative effect on attendance and sponsorship - does anyone know how much this would be? For a small company, could he bring in a lot more than he drives away?</p><p>

Thanks</p>

I just finished my first year in the 04 mod. I decided to add some companies for the future. I added pictures from some other databases, that way I made sure I have everyone's picture. Despite the picture folder being the same, while I see most pictures show up when I go to look up workers in the workers section, when I go to companies, nobodies picture shows up at all. Anyone know what the deal is? I did make sure the pictures were set as JPG files, and even made sure I selected picture becomes their name .jpg. Any idea what is going on?

I just finished my first year in the 04 mod. I decided to add some companies for the future. I added pictures from some other databases, that way I made sure I have everyone's picture. Despite the picture folder being the same, while I see most pictures show up when I go to look up workers in the workers section, when I go to companies, nobodies picture shows up at all. Anyone know what the deal is? I did make sure the pictures were set as JPG files, and even made sure I selected picture becomes their name .jpg. Any idea what is going on?

Every worker has a picture that is associated with them as a worker - this is the picture that you see in the workers sections. However, they also have pictures which go with their contract/alter-ego for each company they work for. This means that you can, for example, select a different appearance for a worker when they appear in a different company in order to represent a different gimmick.

The companies screen shows the picture associated with the workers' contract/alter-ego. Therefore, I am guessing that what has happened is that you have no pictures associated with the contracts. This can be solved by going to the in game editor - then contracts - then clicking on the relevant worker(s). If the above is correct, you should see that there is no picture for the contract. Click where the picture should be, then select the correct one and save.

Every worker has a picture that is associated with them as a worker - this is the picture that you see in the workers sections. However, they also have pictures which go with their contract/alter-ego for each company they work for. This means that you can, for example, select a different appearance for a worker when they appear in a different company in order to represent a different gimmick.

The companies screen shows the picture associated with the workers' contract/alter-ego. Therefore, I am guessing that what has happened is that you have no pictures associated with the contracts. This can be solved by going to the in game editor - then contracts - then clicking on the relevant worker(s). If the above is correct, you should see that there is no picture for the contract. Click where the picture should be, then select the correct one and save.

Wow well I feel dumb. I don't know what I thought it meant when it said include contracts, but I didn't include that. Thank you.

Hello guys!

I've mainly always played real world mods in Japan as one thing I struggle with is booking angles / storylines well and to a lesser extent face and heel divides, I've recently given the C-verse a good go and I'm loving my save with BCG but I think the time has come to try to dip my toes back into companies that require storylines ....

SO my question is does anyone have any particular suggestions for C-Verse companies that will require angles / storylines but a place where they aren't the be all and end all of the product.

1) There was a new company opened in my game for 3 months now and still haven't put on a show yet. They hired enough people but have no scheduled event, is there anything I can do?

2) I have two workers on excursions from another company and are currently in my developmental company, but the AI just refused to book them, is there anything I can do?

2) I have two workers on excursions from another company and are currently in my developmental company, but the AI just refused to book them, is there anything I can do?

I find that this is usually because they have no popularity in the home region of your developmental company.

What I do to get around this and have the dev company start booking them is bring them up for a pre-show match when I'm doing TV or an event in the developmental companies' home region. They'll get enough of a pop bump after one or two matches to usually start getting booked by the AI.

People that work with Japanese feds, what are you doing with your young lions to make the most of pop gains and to iron out mistakes such as botched moves? I am consistently booking them in pre show tags and occasionally singles with high psychology workers and occasionally chucking them into main show 6 man tags to eat pins.

People that work with Japanese feds, what are you doing with your young lions to make the most of pop gains and to iron out mistakes such as botched moves? I am consistently booking them in pre show tags and occasionally singles with high psychology workers and occasionally chucking them into main show 6 man tags to eat pins.

Undercard fodder during tours + pre-show tournaments amongst themselves

And then - before they're at 20 experience - send them on Excursion.