[C-Verse] Favourite person/people to book?

I think my ultimate favourite booking is to book Jay Chord and Greg Gauge as the ultimate power trip duo together. Greg always ends up playing second fiddle to Jay leading to their inevitable split and my leading feud for TCW. If I'm able to sign him I usually involve Matthew Keith as part of the story too, playing the angel on Greg's shoulder opposite the devil Chord. 

Another favourite of mine is to replace Killer Shark and Titan with Ernest Youngman and The Architect in Sinner Society, moving them away from a band of giants to a collection of rebellious youths led by the veteran Eddie Peak. 

My tag team scene is always based around The American Cobras and The Ring Generals, a solid new foundation to rebuild what is (in my opinion) a terrible TCW tag team division. 

I also enjoy putting Austin Smooth and Prime Time Jack Prude in an egocentric, cocky youth pairing to build up their experience, bringing in Damien Carvill as their manager too. 

Outside of that I have my typical favourites, which are pretty much standard CV darlings I think, Frankie Perez, KC Glenn, Hugh de Aske, Island Boy Apollo, Franke Dee, Nelson Callum, Kirk Jameson, Casey Valentine, Davis Wayne Newton to name a few.

I've always wanted to pair up Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Des Davids together as a pair of heel powerhouses, but I've not got the opportunity to do so in a game just yet. I also want to give a push to Deaf Touch in a larger company at some point. 

Damn I'm salivating at starting (yet another) TCW save now...

• Like 1

I'm currently doing a CV'97 save as CGC and having a lot of fun. I signed The Hype and The Natural and put them in a tag team called The Chosen and they are doing well. I'm also about to give The Hype a bit of a singles push. It's risky, considering his habits, but he's performing at a high level for me. Five months in, and he hasn't shown up drunk or high yet. I'm sure that will happen as soon as I put a belt on him, haha.

I've also developed a soft spot for Steve Flash. No charisma at all, but a hell of a worker. I've got the TV title on him now, but I'm considering having him drop it to The Hype after a feud, and then reward him by having him win a tournament to be the inaugural CGC Canadian Champion.

Edd Stone will always be my guy. I've played TEW for a long time, and I've consistently found different things to do with him. From being the young black sheep of the family in NOTBPW., to the party boy of TCW, to my many, many diary versions of the guy. He is chaotic neutral. Doing bad things for dumb reasons or good things for dumber reasons. He is arrogant, and needy, and a hero in his own mind. There is some trauma there, growing up in the Stone Family, but he's probably exagerating some of it for the attention. 

I'm currently playing lavelleuk's Alternate 2022 mod, where Edd (now 35) is the booker of CGC, and the nonsense is in full-force. In order to appeal to modern audiences and save CGC, Edd has turned the promotion into a meme-filled comedy show, more similar Being The Elite than a real wrestling show. Dumb gimmicks. Catchphrases. Meta-humour. Promos shot vertically. And I love this because, to me, Edd genuinely believes this is going to save the company. He hates being a villain, but everyone says that having a small, cocky white guy with a wedge haircut on top is a guaranteed winner, so what choice does he have but to surround himself with henchmen, put on Default Sunglasses #7, and try to destroy his best friend Ricky DeColt with the help of a Magic Book?

He also spent much of late 2022 in Wrestling Jail for... well... All of that. And he learned nothing. 

If I'm being honest, his TEW 2020 starting point is a little boring, still in TCW after practically a decade, without shenanigans, but he's still my guy. 

5 hours ago, Mecha Kaji said:

Fuyuko Higa mark here! I seem to be hell bent on getting her into the Hall Of Immortals.

Has been the case for me for multiple versions, and as long as I keep her off the belt, she usually is fine while I meddle her into a beneficial relationship and cross my fingers. 

These days though my girl Black Diamond becomes a star in every save. She's a cheat code. 

Edited by Makhai

2 hours ago, Self said:

If I'm being honest, his TEW 2020 starting point is a little boring, still in TCW after practically a decade, without shenanigans, but he's still my guy. 

Yeah. As soon as they moved to Texas, that was his signal to jump ship. I always figured he only stayed as long as he did because he liked living in Los Angeles.

Little Miss Perfect for me. Usually, I have her feuding with someone and, as a one off, set them as partners in a tag match just to keep the feud going. Then, many times, they have good chemistry. So, all of a sudden, what would have been a storyline I would have struggled to pad out a month or two, can last a year or so.

I had a blast booking Rock God Alvarez. He was my first BIG signing when I was running CZCW and he instantly started doing like 80's+ promo's and segments, and he became our biggest star instantly. The fact that he was so 'over' as well as being a masked wrestler (I'm a fan) just made him so easy to book as a super over babyface, but with some mischievousness. Had a nice run as Champ and really elevated the promotion when I was in charge.

I really enjoyed booking Mimic in ACPW. I was a big fan of Raven growing up, and kind of booked Mimic as a sort of Raven/Stone Cold hybrid. He was the leader of a small stable, but his valet died suddenly and his 'story' kind of took a weird turn. I was then able to sign Dawn Gemmell early in my ACPW run and eventually brought the two of them together and Mimic and Dawn Gemmell were a money combo in promo's and Mimic was very solid in ring as well.

Kenny Callaway was my first big star that I created. Jayson Van Pelt was also an early fav. He was sort of my 'world traveler' AJ Styles type. Leader of Bullet Club Canada. Had fun with him. El Jaguar has always been fun to book. Face or heel.

Currently Zap Powerson, David Stone (and the extended Stone 'family') and Yuta Isono are personal favs.

On 10/22/2022 at 10:08 PM, Self said:

Edd Stone will always be my guy. I've played TEW for a long time, and I've consistently found different things to do with him. From being the young black sheep of the family in NOTBPW., to the party boy of TCW, to my many, many diary versions of the guy. He is chaotic neutral. Doing bad things for dumb reasons or good things for dumber reasons. He is arrogant, and needy, and a hero in his own mind. There is some trauma there, growing up in the Stone Family, but he's probably exagerating some of it for the attention. 

I'm currently playing lavelleuk's Alternate 2022 mod, where Edd (now 35) is the booker of CGC, and the nonsense is in full-force. In order to appeal to modern audiences and save CGC, Edd has turned the promotion into a meme-filled comedy show, more similar Being The Elite than a real wrestling show. Dumb gimmicks. Catchphrases. Meta-humour. Promos shot vertically. And I love this because, to me, Edd genuinely believes this is going to save the company. He hates being a villain, but everyone says that having a small, cocky white guy with a wedge haircut on top is a guaranteed winner, so what choice does he have but to surround himself with henchmen, put on Default Sunglasses #7, and try to destroy his best friend Ricky DeColt with the help of a Magic Book?

He also spent much of late 2022 in Wrestling Jail for... well... All of that. And he learned nothing. 

Can you get two hours a week out of booking 1. Alt Cverse 2022 CGC which is a nightmare 2. Memetic wrestling? I absolutely adore the company, even running a diary with them in the 2018 version of the mod where they're very weak, but their 2022 version is really testing my boring booking chops.

3 hours ago, AboardTheArk said:

Can you get two hours a week out of booking 1. Alt Cverse 2022 CGC which is a nightmare 2. Memetic wrestling? I absolutely adore the company, even running a diary with them in the 2018 version of the mod where they're very weak, but their 2022 version is really testing my boring booking chops.

It helped to cut the TV show down to 60 minutes... although I tape two-at-a-time so they're kind of like 2-hour shows for the people watching live. It's tough to start with. You have to embrace the lousy undercard for a while, until you can build the few good eggs. 

Memetic wrestling is a bit fiddly, to be honest. Lots of short angles. Lots of clicking. I structured a lot of it like segments of Edd's video diary, interacting with different members of the roster, trying to get the boring heels 'trending', trying to relate to those GenZ kids and being called a 'boomer', arguing with his butler Tropes about how he handles 'the book' (hitting people with it, using it as a coaster, not starting shows with 20 minute monologues). When the show sucking is kind of the whole point of the promotion's story, it becomes easier to handle bad ratings. 

• Like 1

A couple guys for me are Atom Smasher, Logan Wolfsbaine, & T-Bone Bright. Alot of people I've meet think T-Bone Bright isn't "ready" yet, so I like to raise him up to upper midcard status as quickly as possible, the guy has a nice factor as a backbone of TCW, which I think pairs well with the notion of TCW not having a strong midcard.

Wolfsbaine is always a guy I can rely on to just shoot for the moon in a 2-4 month time frame, and Atom is just based, simple as...

• 3 weeks later...

My 5SSW save has me really enjoying Megumi Nakajima. She is my top heel who is devoid of any redeeming qualities and always being deliciously evil to not only faces but anyone on the roster and even the jobbers. The only people safe from her(most of the time) are her goons in "The new ANTI".  She is basically female Minoru Suzuki. Especially now that she is getting older.

I also really enjoy Machiko Matsuda and MAYA as eternal 'frenemies'. 

• Like 1

Updating my favourite characters - started a new CWA save, but invested in Nadia Snow's "Queen of Professional Wrestling" gimmick, with her Queen's Court. Nadia Snow is still one of my favourites. However, Aaron Knight, Donte Dunn, Jaime Quine, Lauren Easter, Alicia Strong and Brooke Tyler have all joined her.

Working on a slow build to stardom for Donte Dunn has been really fun. Aaron Knight has been kept out of the title picture, to build up his popularity even more and now he's the only active wrestler to have 85+ popularity and now I'm reintegrating him into the title picture. Jaime Quine was snatched up from USPW, alongside Alicia Strong, and I've had a really lovely feud between the two of them. They just recently got a 96 match rating, the highest for any woman in my save, and at one point was the highest rated match in CWA. They're trusted enough that I made them the first women to main event a PPV. Lauren Easter and Brooke Tyler are literally my versions of Sasha Banks - they're gold. I could put either of them in a match with a broomstick and they could carry it to a watchable match. 

Edited by MadsMC

17 hours ago, MadsMC said:

Updating my favourite characters - started a new CWA save, but invested in Nadia Snow's "Queen of Professional Wrestling" gimmick, with her Queen's Court. Nadia Snow is still one of my favourites. However, Aaron Knight, Donte Dunn, Jaime Quine, Lauren Easter, Alicia Strong and Brooke Tyler have all joined her.

Working on a slow build to stardom for Donte Dunn has been really fun. Aaron Knight has been kept out of the title picture, to build up his popularity even more and now he's the only active wrestler to have 85+ popularity and now I'm reintegrating him into the title picture. Jaime Quine was snatched up from USPW, alongside Alicia Strong, and I've had a really lovely feud between the two of them. They just recently got a 96 match rating, the highest for any woman in my save, and at one point was the highest rated match in CWA. They're trusted enough that I made them the first women to main event a PPV. Lauren Easter and Brooke Tyler are literally my versions of Sasha Banks - they're gold. I could put either of them in a match with a broomstick and they could carry it to a watchable match. 

How did you go about keeping Aaron Knight out of the  Title Picture? I kept him out as well since A bigger Heel had Title and I don't want to turn him just to lose. He has had a stable for almost 2 years in my save so I've had him helping them for months until they messed with Killer Karson.

On 11/24/2022 at 7:08 PM, chm39 said:

How did you go about keeping Aaron Knight out of the  Title Picture? I kept him out as well since A bigger Heel had Title and I don't want to turn him just to lose. He has had a stable for almost 2 years in my save so I've had him helping them for months until they messed with Killer Karson.

The default feud for him was against Cameron Vessey, so I just milked that feud out for a while until I was bored of booking it. After Cameron Vessey, I had him feuding with various low-level workers, to boost them up but also keep him strong and in turn, he would gain popularity from those ppv wins. 

After Christian Price dropped the World Championship, I had Aaron Knight feud with Elite and stretched that feud out by making it seem as if Price didn't want to face Knight and would constantly avoid matches by throwing the other members of Elite at him. Once they did eventually face off, I ended the feud and had him enter a feud with Steve DeColt.

DeColt was the typical heel authority figure, throwing obstacles at Knight. I brought DeColt out of retirement, they had a grudge match and since DeColt is a default 86 popularity in the game, a victory over DeColt boosted him. Then I had him win the championship at Ultimate Showdown. 

It's nothing really unique, I just found ways of keeping him relevant, protected and strong. If I genuinely didn't have anything for him, I'd just give him time off. 

Fuyuko higa, foxxy larue and black diamond literally carry my xtreme adult trash wrestling leagues. Higa-Larue feuds tend to boost my companies something serious, and black diamond is just such a good prospect that I just gotta get her involved. 

Edited by masterevans

• 1 month later...

I'm about 4 years deep in a PSW save. Somebody I've attached myself to is Ash Campbell. He starts game as heel w/ Eric Tyler as manager. I had Ash turn face to join his "best friend" Nelson Callum in fight vs The Steel Circle.  Ash lost to Ernest Youngman in Homecoming 2021 (our mania). The overarching story is Ash cant win big one.  That storyline comes to head where Ash defeats Nelson clean in our PSW Endgame (Our Summerslam & 6 months after Homecoming). This was a face vs face match, where Ash had to prove to himself that he's worth a damn. Ash & Nelson retained tag titles vs Rich & Famous at Homecoming 2022 but were confronted by Big Cat Brandon. This leads to a DAVE Invasion where Xavi Ferrera (PSW Franchise player type) embraces DAVE and becomes PSW Champion. Phil Vibert & Big Cat attempt to recruit Ash but he goes against it. Xavi makes it personal saying Ash will never amount to be like his dad, and that Nemesis would've wanted a son like Xavi instead. Ash finally wins the title at Homecoming 2023. Thats where I just finished booking for now. 

Next step is have Nelson Callum turn heel defeating Ash by cheating. Kinda thinking Beer Money like. Nelson will be like gollum with the ring. The title corrupts him but he ultimately loses it vs Ash after not cheating at Homecoming 2024. I then want to transition Ash from title scene after good reign. Aldous Blackfrair will be available from TCW & I want to bring him in as "the son Nemesis never had," or like the last protege. This will lead to a shocking revelation that Nemesis had a bastard son in the late 90's (thinking either Scythe or Texas Hangman). The brother wants to take over family name or whatever.  The final chapter in Ash's story will be teaming with his "brother" vs Aldous Blackfrair & (not sure). I think its creative way to utilize the Undertaker/Kane storyline with variable differences. Maybe theres more but I feel like that would be 6-7 years in game of Ash having major storylines. Open to suggestions on his brothers name if I go the unknown route (Texas Hangman). 

• 1 year later...

Coming back to this thread to reflect my recent HGC '97 save. 

My favourite to book is probably Ricky Dale Johnson. Throughout 1997, he was in the midcard/upper midcard scene, and was even getting involved in the main storyline, where he would back up Sam Strong & Liberty against The Protection (Rip Chord, and his bodyguards, Savage Fury), and main evented Excessive Force where he was in a Fatal-4 Way for the World title against Rip Chord, Strong & Liberty, which Chord won due to help from Savage Fury. He went on to become Rip Chord's first challenger, but lost the match. Afterwards, he went on a mini-winning streak until the end of the year, but that was ended in another Fatal-4 Way involving Alex Braun, Eric Tyler and Charlie Homicide for the International title, which Tyler won. He entered a battle royal at Malice In Wonderland (which paid homage to the inaugral HGC World Heavyweight title match) to determine the #1 Contender for Tyler's International title, which he won and challenged Eric Tyler at The War To Settle The Score, but lost again due to Eric Tyler's feet being on the ropes. He was granted a rematch at Hollyweird, which he won, and successfully retained against Tyler the next month in a ladder match. His reign lasted for 7 months from March to October, in which, he hadn't been beaten once. His lengthy winning streak ended due to Tommy Cornell winning the International title from him, but he won the title back a month later in a Cage match, and defeated his rival in a 2 out of 3 falls match to end their feud. His 1998 year was a very good one, and he was ranked #46 on the Power 500. 

His second title reign was slightly shorter, only lasting 5 months, where he was once again undefeated, and managed to successfully defend against the likes of Danny Rushmore, Yosuke Narita, Charlie Homicide, The Danger Kid & Romeo Heartthrob. His reign and winning streak ended when Robert Oxford defeated him after interference from Joel Bryant and Paul Steadyfast. After the match, he was clearly disappointed with his loss, and left his Cowboy hat in the ring, signalling the end of his Cowboy gimmick. He went on hiatus for six months, and returned after Robert Oxford had defeated The Hype to win his 2nd International title, sporting a tough, no-nonsense Texan gimmick and attacked all three members of The Untouchables as revenge. He went on to win his record setting third title reign after defeating Robert Oxford, and now looks to enjoy another lengthy title reign. He bulked up during his time away, increasing his star quality - the sky seems to be the limit for him now. 

My other favourite would have to be Liberty. Like Ricky Dale, his 1997 saw him floating in and out of the main event scene. He main evented three pay-per-views in 1997 - the aforementioned Fatal-4 Way, a World Heavyweight title match against Rip Chord, and a triple threat World Heavyweight title match against Rip Chord & Sam Strong, none of which he won. His best moment of that year came in November 1997, where he defeated his rival, the current World Heavyweight champion, Rip Chord in a huge 8-man tag team match. After Sam Strong had defeated Rip Chord to win his second World title that year, Liberty & Rip Chord set their sights on one another. Unfortunately for Liberty, in a tag match in December 1997, he was injured by Tribal Warrior, and even though he could still compete, the injury was set to affect him and his in-ring work for 14 months, leading to a much lighter schedule for him in 1998. While he didn't wrestle constantly, he still maintained a heavy presence on the HGC shows, and became massively over with the fans. His feud with Rip Chord culminated at Hollyweird, where Rip Chord once again defeated his rival after a year+ long feud. After his loss, he was targeted by Demon Anger, whose partner, Demon Sprite, had been injured in February and was set to be out for the remainder of the year. Demon Anger was hell-bent on destroying Liberty, contantly attacking him and his injured arm, resulting in Liberty being medically suspended from competing for two months. He signed a waiver allowing him to compete at Total Mayhem, where he managed to roll-up Demon Anger for the three. Demon Anger wasn't finished with him, and continued to attack him and his arm, putting him on the shelf for several weeks. His feud with Demon Anger concluded at Destructive Energy, where he put away his rival for good. 

He then set his sights on the World Heavyweight title, which was made interesting after Mr. Hollywood had also declared his interest for the World title. The reigning champion BLZ Bubb, who had been champion since March and had been undefeated for nearly two years at that point defended his title against both Liberty & Mr. Hollywood in singles matches, which he won due to interference from the other. This led to a triple threat match being booked at Threatening Behaviour, where BLZ Bubb successfully retained again. Liberty defeated Mr. Hollywood in a #1 Contender's match to earn another title shot against BLZ Bubb at A Little South of Sanity, where BLZ Bubb retained again. Liberty was not happy with this, and took the fight to BLZ Bubb after the match, and over the next couple of weeks. He was given one LAST shot against BLZ Bubb on the December '98 edition of Hollyweird TV, where he finally realised his dream and defeated BLZ Bubb in the main event to win the World Heavyweight title, ending BLZ Bubb's two year undefeated streak in the process, and successfully retained a week and a half later at Psycho Circus, walking into 1999 as the World Heavyweight champion. Despite being injured for the entirety of the year, and only competing in 18 matches, he was ranked #20 in the Power 500. 

His feud with Mr. Hollywood was reignited, as Mr. Hollywood wanted a title shot, which he was given at Malice In Wonderland. However, Mr. Hollywood was involved in a feud with Monty Walker at the time, who also wanted to be a part of the title match, leading to a triple threat match, where Liberty successfully retained his title. That same night, Rip Chord won a #1 Contender's battle royal and challenged Liberty at The War To Settle The Score, where Chord defeated Liberty and won the World title for a second time. Chord went on to retain against Liberty two weeks later, after interference from Savage Fury, which resulted in a triple threat match at Hollyweird involving Chord and Strong, which Strong won, winning his record setting fourth World title. The feud between Rip Chord and Liberty wasn't done, as they met the next month in a #1 Contender's match, which Chord won. After the match, The Protection attacked Liberty, and put him on the shelf for several months. In his absence, Rip Chord went on to win the title back from Strong for a third reign, where he enjoyed a lengthy 5-month reign, defending against The Hype (who was feuding with Chord right before he went to rehab for 8 months), Larry Vessey, Richie Pangrazzio Jr and the debuting Johnny Martin. Liberty returned after his defense against Martin, and set his sights on Chord and the World title. Over the next few weeks, Liberty went on to defeat both members of Savage Fury, and delivered a DDT to them on a steel chair, ensuring that they would not interfere in his title match. Liberty went on to defeat Rip Chord for the first time since November 1997, winning the World Heavyweight title for a second time, and like Ricky Dale, is looking to enjoy a lengthy run.

• Like 1

For TCW, Mighty Mo has always been amazing to work with. He is as good as the best in the company and just makes everything he does work. 

Greg Gauge is similar, carrying the mid card with a ton of success. He's def going to move up to the main event scene too, but some work will need to be done. 

TCW have a cocky heel problem. 5 or 6 guys all with the same/similar gimmicks of being overly cocky. Most enjoyable for me was Matt Hocking as there's a lot to work with his look and his skill set, as you can make him anywhere from more delusional to more of an underdog.