[C-Verse] Favourite person/people to book?

As the title says, who has been your favourite to book in TEW 2020? To start off, mine would have to be Nadia Snow and Demelza Wade. I reunited them as the A-List, and they've consistently been the hottest things on my show, getting top ratings to the point that I can rely on them always. I even brought in tag titles for the women just for them.

I would say Sotatsu Sarumara or Hitomaro Suzuki. The thing is I played mainly with custom puro companies and both of them were always freelancing around. Sarumara was the perfect crafty vet for years, unfortunately he's in deep time decline in TEW 2020, but still I hired him (I should say I play him as a UC) for my resurrected INSPIRE save.

In 2020 it's Mighty Mo. There's a lot of possibilities as a face and heel.

All time is probably Angry Gilmore. I have always seen him as a [name redacted] character that is a technical wrestler but really angry, which is a natural heel but also works as a face. And as a face, he's also a [name redacted] type character where the audience thinks he deserves the title, and he's more like an angry underdog. Also the way those games played back then made it more beneficial to push him.

Mighty Mo, he has so much potential as SE white meat babyface in the world of wrestling machines.

Running Wolf - he is ready to become Main Eventer, and he is finally free of being Nicky's protégé/best friend role but can he? With Rich Money and other Cult type figures being present in USPW, even as a heel, he is great.

Magnum Kobe, it feels shitty he has abandoned WLW, but it was fun pushing him to being ace in PGHW. Edit - Him and Kozue having Nakamura/Okada style wars is what I imagined while booking him.

Velocidad and El Heroe Mexicano - Both are great babyfaces, already established in SOTBPW, can bring ratings. El Heroe is basically the new gen El Patron (El Santo/Blue Demon C-verse alternative) ready to be made into a star.

Jack DeColt - I haven't yet dabbled with CWA, but Jack with his Angry DeColt character is a lot of fun to play with, especially in CGC if you are playing with old mods.

All time is probably Angry Gilmore. I have always seen him as a [name redacted] character that is a technical wrestler but really angry, which is a natural heel but also works as a face. And as a face, he's also a [name redacted] type character where the audience thinks he deserves the title, and he's more like an angry underdog. Also the way those games played back then made it more beneficial to push him.

It's always been Gilmore for me. He's just awesome and so versatile, he can be face or heel, is a great talker, great worker, just the best. He's played so many roles for me over the years and I'm sad that this will probably be the last TEW game where he's still at the top of his game.

In 2020, I'm loving Mr. Lucha III. He's just a bit of consistency away from being one of the best workers in the world. I love booking him as someone obsessed with the legacy of the mask, as the first holder was a legend and the second holder tarnished that legacy.

There's many others too. I currently have KC Glenn and Ernest Youngman building a career-long rivalry based on their ideological differences a la Michaels & Hitman. Zimmy Bumfhole proving he can be a top singles worker and not just a tag guy. Kenny Callaway is usually my loveable loser. Greg Gauge and Matthew Keith are both great with lots of possibilities based on their family background. There's just so many I could go on all night. I love the CVerse and never have and probably never will play with any other database in this game.

David Stone is probably my all-time fav to book. Stole him away from CWA when I was booking ACPW as my first BIG FA singing, and then signed him as a FA when I took over CWA years later. I like classic babyfaces, and his family history combined with his skills/attributes make him a natural fit for how I like to book.

Yuta Isono is a close second. Hired him as a young pup when I was booking ACPW to try and build him up and expand my popularity in Japan, and again, like Stone, hired him as a FA when I took over CWA. He's never won the 'big' belt in either promotion 11 years into my save, but things are finally lining him for him in 2032. It doesn't hurt that he and Stone have a fantastic rivalry where Isono is the egotistical Japanese 'Mega Cool' star to Stone's humble, down to earth 'Canadian Cowboy' babyface. Pretty sure the two of them have my highest rated singles match ever (99)

Honorable mention to Kenny Callaway (my first star in ACPW), El Jaguar (just tons of fun to book as face or heel), Mimic and Jayson Van Pelt.

Fav female is Fuyuko Higa for sure! Honorable mention to Lucy Stone-McFly and Honey Badger.

I've had two saves go over 10 years so I have a few from both.

Nate DeMarcus-Love the guy, both as a tag wrestler and as a dominating heel main champion. Really fits the MAW style and I love using him every time I do a C-Verse save

Frankie Perez-With my first save being CZCW I developed a love for Frankie Perez and was gutted to lose him in that save to a written deal. So when I started a new save with MAW I knew at some point I needed to bring him in and while he's mostly been used as a gatekeeper over two spells for me (He signed with Burning Hammer for 2 years) he's such a great asset. Plus he loves taking wrestlers under his wing which is always useful.

Matty Faith-Gutted I never got more time with Faith at MAW but the year and a half I was able to use him was fantastic. Probably the wrestler that left the biggest impression in such a short time for me.

Motoyuki Miyake-He's simply a machine. Transitioned perfectly from a tag wrestler to a main event wrestler for me and his story was one of my favourites I did completely.

Tigre Salvaje Jr-Pretty similar to Frankie, Tigre was the man I built CZCW off the back off and his four CZCW Title reigns and 2 COTT World Title reigns in 10 years solidified him as the most successful wrestler within that save. Sad I havent been able to use him at MAW but he was so perfect at CZCW I wouldnt want to ruin it

Frankie Perez-With my first save being CZCW I developed a love for Frankie Perez and was gutted to lose him in that save to a written deal.

Tigre Salvaje Jr...

Agreed on both these guys. I have lost a few transient talents to bigger promotions. But these guys seem to be staying loyal in my CZCW save. Would be a gut punch to lose either where I am right now.

• 4 weeks later...

<p>Frankie Perez broke my heart. As soon as I gained steam with him he jumped ship to SWF.</p><p> </p><p>

Dreadnought as a Monster Heel has been my Day One guy. </p><p> </p><p>

But my truly favorite has been Joiffy Lane, who I renamed Jack Hammer, and he caught wildfire as a Top Face for my wrestling promotion. Between ratings, merchandising, and the storylines I run with him. He's been a blast to book.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="huddyworld" data-cite="huddyworld" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="53728" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Frankie Perez broke my heart. As soon as I gained steam with him he jumped ship to SWF.<p> </p><p> Dreadnought as a Monster Heel has been my Day One guy. </p><p> </p><p> But my truly favorite has been Joiffy Lane, who I renamed Jack Hammer, and he caught wildfire as a Top Face for my wrestling promotion. Between ratings, merchandising, and the storylines I run with him. He's been a blast to book.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What kind of performances does Dreadnought put up for you? I sorta have him relegated to a muscle/tag competitor because he’s not all that great in the ring.</p>

But my truly favorite has been Joiffy Lane, who I renamed Jack Hammer, and he caught wildfire as a Top Face for my wrestling promotion. Between ratings, merchandising, and the storylines I run with him. He's been a blast to book.

That's funny, I renamed him Jack Hammer too! I love booking him too; he's such a great talker he can build any feud, take a loss and bounce back. Face or heel potential, decent worker too.

What kind of performances does Dreadnought put up for you? I sorta have him relegated to a muscle/tag competitor because he’s not all that great in the ring.

He puts performances in the 70s currently right now and has improved greatly as a performer, wrestler, and talker.

I am in the 5th year of a promotion that has gone from 25 popularity Small to Medium and on the verge of going Big (my Greatl Lakes score is stuck at 70, while the other 4 are now 78-79). Dreadnought has really been a joy to book. I had him paired as a Tag Team (Monsters of Mid!-Atlantic) with Original Sinner (renamed OSMAN) and managed by various managers because I kept getting raided for my managers and then my talent by the big boys. When Original Sinner was signed by USPW I set out DNOT on his singles adventure. "The Slick Daddy" Ernie Turner has been his manager so far for his singles run to help with his promos and he wrestled in a lot of Squash matches to build him up and also still wrestles in a lot of Wild Brawls. Overall Dreadnought has been fun to book and is one of my favorite to book as his storyline are very physical versus promo vs promo type storylines

In 2020 (and 2016) Mikey Lau as I imagine him to be an angry fighter (like Wolverine).

Mainstream Hernandez as he is a younger version of Sammy Bach (star quality, solid basics, high flier) who might be my all-time favorite to push.

I'm an Angry Gilmore mark too. Though he's aging a bit in 2020.

Remo as a Brock Lesner type.

Atom Smasher as I'm feeling the classic 50s sci fi trope though i don't know exactly how to play that in a wrestling fed.

• 10 months later...

Bringing this old thread back to express my undying love for Mr. Lucha III. He saved OLLIE on his own with a rudo run as "La Evolucion" wrecking Lopez and Flores and then giving his name on our weekly TV show (OLLIE Evolucion). He dropped 15 months in to Silver Tiger, then turned tecnico in a Hijo Del Mephisto feud that got so heated he got the masks of everyone in the Council Of Decay other than the leader who he ran out of the company (poached by EILL)...so then naturally I gave him the COTT title which he held for like 20 defenses. This is like if Go Shiozaki's 2020 NOAH reign didn't involve him destroying his shoulders and never returning to his physical peak again, it was truly a landmark run and since he was in his prime he reached some ungodly stats, was giving me 85-90 performances when we were lower medium in popularity.

• Like 4

Ernest Youngman has been one of my absolute favorites. Many view him as a Bret Hart but I see him more like Kenny Omega honestly. He is perfect to bring into TCW. Historically I always enjoyed signing Remo to TCW and booking him as a monster who could overpower most my roster. Rich Money was fun for more story reasons and be brought an entertainment element to TCW for me.

• 2 weeks later...