How Do You Succeed In This Game

I have been playing this game for the last several days and so far it reminds me of my experience in previous versions. It's a lot of fun at first, but I quickly see my company decline and I can't figure out why.

Here is my current situation. I am using the 2000 Historical Mod and took over ownership of WCW. As I had around 100 workers, I split into 2 brands - WCW and NWO. Each has an A and B weekly show and an event once a month. I went out and negotiated broadcasting rights (both TV and PPV) in several areas of the world. As for booking, I do a combination of auto-booker (especially for B shows) and myself. I try and pre-book a few matches or angles for A shows and events.

The results are what is very confusing. I've only played just under 2 weeks in the game (so I'm at the end of the 2nd week of January). My TV ratings seem to be great. For example, my last WCW Nitro (WCW brand A show) had an 8.07 rating and WWF on the same night for Smackdown did a 2.54. My ticket sales are good. My money has grown from $10M to start to nearly $14M (mainly due to new TV broadcast deals).

However, my show ratings are in the 40's or low 50's, despite always having major stars doing angles or matches on A shows. My B shows with auto-booker at even worse. WWF is in the 80's. My prestige has dropped from the 70's into the low 60's and momentum from the mid 50's to low 40's. My company has dropped from big to medium and so now many of my workers are unhappy.

I'm thoroughly confused as my money is growing and I have much broader TV coverage worldwide (with good TV ratings) but prestige is dropping like crazy. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I also can't seem to figure out how to book a show with good show ratings unless all I do is use my major stars. Can some of you experts provide some advice or otherwise it's really not that fun to just see your company fall apart. Thanks!

What is the product set as - match:angle ratio, is it more in ring or popularity? What is the show focus - main event, three ring circus, etc? What is the focus for angles - is it looking at just the best angle? Top 3? Are there any "Booking Issues" - one of the buttons at the bottom of the screen, on the top row - the one that shows you who is yet to be booked).

The Product page is your friend. It will tell you how the promotion is supposed to be booked.

Not every segment has to be a winner. A lot of your undercard will get 30's-50's and that's fine. You just need to figure out how to deliver a few great segments per show. Usually, two Main Stars, who have positive momentum (lots of wins, few losses) and are in a storyline, should be able to score well.

It also doesn't matter if your B shows are terrible. They don't do anything to your overall popularity and prestige.

Is this the millennium bug mod? I've just loaded it up. It's a VERY difficult challenge. There's only 3 major stars, and there's only 4 wrestlers Well known or above below the age of 35. It's a very aging roster. Dropping to Medium probably isn't such a bad thing (as long as you're still making money). It might give you the chance to re-group and build back up, you have a lot to do to get the roster into "shape" (I don't mean physically) The roster is also VERY large and very expensive. If money isn't the problem, then that's OK, but I would probably cut that roster almost IN HALF. Keep the guys who you intend to push - The ones you want to get as Major Stars, use the older guys to put them over, most of that aging talent probably aren't putting in great performances anymore. I know its hard as you probably have favourites that you want to keep around, but there's no room for sentiment in business. Make some of them personalities or managers if you REALLY can't bare to get rid of them.

I've probably got more ideas, but my takeaway has arrived!

Good Luck!

Something else I don't see anyone else saying is that a brand split is a pretty bad idea in all but a few corner cases. You're effectively doubling your work and cutting your talent base in half for no real benefit.

Consider the reason that the only real "brand splits" in history have happened, in WWE. First it was because there was no competition and too much main event talent to fit on one show. Later, it was because different networks each wanted to get an exclusive experience with talent booked as top stars. If you're booking 2000 WCW then you're not in either of those positions. If you put WWF out of business and you've suddenly found yourself with a dozen guys who can all viably main event a pay-per-view? Then you might have a reason for a brand split.

If you're booking 2000 WCW then you're not in either of those positions. If you put WWF out of business and you've suddenly found yourself with a dozen guys who can all viably main event a pay-per-view? Then you might have a reason for a brand split.

Couldn't agree more with this. WCW in 2000 didn't have the star power to run two viable A-brands. The shows are tanking because the fans just aren't impressed with how thin the rosters are between the two shows.

You will have to get used to the fact that the WWF will spam out 100 rated matches and 100 rated angles while consistently having 95 rated and above shows. You will not be able to compete with that.

In my opinion, the AI is way too strong when they become Big size and larger. They typically spam out 100 rated matches but you can take control of the same company and same roster and be lucky to get an 85 rating.

You'll just have to put on the best show you can and live with it. You might end up getting dropped by a network but if you just create your own, you can put on shows and not really worry about their rating. Just do what you want to do creatively. I pretty much max out at Big level. I just can't spam the required ratings and still be able to keep the game interesting for me. Maybe I haven't quite figured out the ratio, but I've struggled with it since TEW 2016. You can't compete in negotiations either. You'll lose your top stars even if you're the number one company and they're your world champion. Just the way the game goes.

Fun?

It's a thing. I promise.

And, I would basically second that. If you're having a good time with the creativity and designing your shows and storylines, count that as a success. The key thing to remember is that the person you're competing with is you. And if it gets tough (and some of the challenges do get tough) and if you're not enjoying it, there's nothing wrong with stepping back and trying another mod. But, don't think everything's got to be perfect in every way for you to be successful in the game. Just relax and have fun.

St.T

• 3 weeks later...