What are you hoping to see in the next CornellVerse update?

I've been digging back in the CornellVerse in anticipation for the next TEW release (whenever that actually is) and I'm curious what you guys are hoping to see in the next CornellVerse update.

Personally, as a huge BCG fan (sign my guys Quick Kick Nakao and Motoyuki Miyake please :) ) , I hope to see that we've made the jump to the next level - #1 in Japan baby. Actually, I'm just interested in seeing where Japan is at in general. After a tumultuous last few years.

For one of the Big Three to have fully embraced Women's wrestling, with 50% of their roster, and several of their biggest stars, being women. However, none of these would be the classic TEW stars (J-Ro etc) who are now trainers/road agents.

At least one small, upstart promotion with television on a weak network/streaming. Ala ROH or NWA or Lucha Underground. I like playing 1 hour TV shows with limited rosters, living in fear of poachers. I feel like 2020 lost that as an option.

There's a few things in the current C-Verse that feel rushed. Besides things already mentioned, like more women, I wish there was more product diversity to build a world that feels unique and thoughtful, and the lack of debuting workers is disappointing.

I think the next update, if there is a new game, of course, Adam should probably burn the C-Verse to the ground. Just Thanos Snap every major TEW 2004 star.

Im more fearful of the update. All the top guys are getting old. I feel like the game is going to look significantly different and I'm not sure I'm ready for that!

Ultimately, this is the killer for the entire Cornellverse honestly. You can't do jack **** without 30% of your roster retiring 3 mos into every save. And because of it, I've just stopped playing the database until it's in a playable state.

Hopefully a more dynamic scene outside of the medium+ promotions. We have generational talents that people know about who are booked in the indie companies but only their one home fed and nowhere else

Like are you telling me Ernest Youngman is this world class wrestler who isn’t in demand all over the country? It doesn’t really make the big stars on that level feel like it.

In general though, a lot more roster turnover. There’s no way somebody being at the bottom of the card for a decade straight should be the norm. Eventually they get more ambitious or the promotion stops seeing a use for them. There are a large number of bottom feeders that would be great to freshen up the rest of the game world.

Ultimately, this is the killer for the entire Cornellverse honestly. You can't do jack **** without 30% of your roster retiring 3 mos into every save. And because of it, I've just stopped playing the database until it's in a playable state.

Honest question: why not just set the workers back 5 years or so? You can also de-age their skills or not (though Aerial & Flashiness get too big a bump when you do that).

I get it wouldn't be canon but if the data as is doesn't work well why not make some adjustments until it does?

Honest question: why not just set the workers back 5 years or so? You can also de-age their skills or not (though Aerial & Flashiness get too big a bump when you do that).

I get it wouldn't be canon but if the data as is why not make some adjustments until it is?

I have taken steps to prevent this from happening, but at the end of the day, they are just bubblegum fixes for what is neglect on the part of Adam. You look around the game world the last three or so versions and almost no effort has been put into the world. Wrestlers have been midcarders for 10 years gaining no pop or skills or being touched in any meaningful way, and this was just the version that broke my back honestly. It's gotten to the point where so many of the original young favorites have reached retirement age, and they have rotted in the FA pool and it's depressing. I boot the mod and I keep finding these guys and gals, and it is just demodivating.

I think this is a major reason you see so much love for 97/2018 alt version on here.

I have taken steps to prevent this from happening, but at the end of the day, they are just bubblegum fixes for what is neglect on the part of Adam. You look around the game world the last three or so versions and almost no effort has been put into the world. Wrestlers have been midcarders for 10 years gaining no pop or skills or being touched in any meaningful way, and this was just the version that broke my back honestly.

*Spencer Spade has entered the chat*

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="54167" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ultimately, this is the killer for the entire Cornellverse honestly. You can't do jack **** without 30% of your roster retiring 3 mos into every save. And because of it, I've just stopped playing the database until it's in a playable state.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Can you give any examples of this? I don't think I've ever had this problem..</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="54167" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hopefully a more dynamic scene outside of the medium+ promotions. We have generational talents that people know about who are booked in the indie companies but only their one home fed and nowhere else<p> </p><p> Like are you telling me Ernest Youngman is this world class wrestler who isn’t in demand all over the country? It doesn’t really make the big stars on that level feel like it.</p><p> </p><p> In general though, a lot more roster turnover. There’s no way somebody being at the bottom of the card for a decade straight should be the norm. Eventually they get more ambitious or the promotion stops seeing a use for them. There are a large number of bottom feeders that would be great to freshen up the rest of the game world.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ernest Youngman always rises to the top in the first 3 years of my game usually in TCW but yeh once PSW get on Wrestleworld they rise up to medium and his pop grows so much the big companies take note.</p><p> </p><p> Bryan Danielson sat in ROH longer than that before WWE came looking.</p><p> </p><p> I do agree that with competition people are more likely to want to change when they are stagnant for so many years. In the past when WWE was the only game in town you found loads just sitting there The Colons, JTG spring to mind but with TCW, USPW and SWF there should be more movement. I remember this being raised in past Cornellverse threads and someone who is involved with the game saying in modern wrestling not much happens but that was when WWE were unopposed now there is AEW look at all the movement and in the CVerse there are 3 big companies.</p><p> </p><p> Don’t get me wrong I still enjoy the Cornellverse I have been playing as loads of different companies recently setting myself goals and I really do enjoy it.</p><p> </p><p> I would like all pics to be of the same render and loads of new characters starting and to debut as like people have pointed out our favourites are all getting on now it’s time for some to leave the database and either sit in a hall of fame section and others less relevant or who add nothing behind the scenes to go as sad as that sounds.</p><p> </p><p> Feels like we are at the Star Wars cross over where all the new characters need to step up</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dalton" data-cite="Dalton" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="54167" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can you give any examples of this? I don't think I've ever had this problem..</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't know of specific examples that they're mentioning and I rarely play the default data, but you can just look at all the guys over 40 at the top of the card for SWF specifically and USPW to a lesser extent. It wouldn't be hard to imagine that in a couple years, the top of the cards look pretty different. SWF alone has lost Bruce, Faith and Vengeance/DeBones to retirement already. USPW has Baine as an occasional wrestler already, Enygma is 46 I believe, Bruce The Giant is gone, T-Rex has slid down to midcard, Justice is nearly 50, I don't remember what Caulfields status is, but he's over 40 I believe, Force is 40+ as well as Money. The top of the companies is just old at this point and the undercard hasn't really been developed to replace them aside from Scythe for SWF. TCW is less of an issue in this respect with AA and Wolf, but aside from that, they don't have much at the top to begin with. Scout and Guide (whatever their new gimmicks are) are past 40. Minnesota and Rocky left to SWF. Cornell to 21CW. </p><p> </p><p> I think for those of us who have enjoyed the CV for a while are more disappointed with how the world has been shaped around the big 3 and how little the top of the card has changed while the midcard has largely remained stagnant. As I recall, the same top guys in 2013 and largely the same top guys in 2020, just with different companies. On the bright side, 2020 has a lot of new talent but they're all around 20 to 25 so it feels like a gap in the game world. That combined with some indy darlings like Youngman not being touched has left some with sour grapes. On the brightside, at least it shows we're attached to the characters.</p><p> </p><p> All that said, that's why I love the 97 CV. Im too attached to these guys after almost a decade of playing with them to give them up just yet. That and you can shape the world how you think it "should" be if you enjoy long term saves.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lr10540" data-cite="lr10540" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="54167" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't know of specific examples that they're mentioning and I rarely play the default data, but you can just look at all the guys over 40 at the top of the card for SWF specifically and USPW to a lesser extent. It wouldn't be hard to imagine that in a couple years, the top of the cards look pretty different. SWF alone has lost Bruce, Faith and Vengeance/DeBones to retirement already. USPW has Baine as an occasional wrestler already, Enygma is 46 I believe, Bruce The Giant is gone, T-Rex has slid down to midcard, Justice is nearly 50, I don't remember what Caulfields status is, but he's over 40 I believe, Force is 40+ as well as Money. The top of the companies is just old at this point and the undercard hasn't really been developed to replace them aside from Scythe for SWF. TCW is less of an issue in this respect with AA and Wolf, but aside from that, they don't have much at the top to begin with. Scout and Guide (whatever their new gimmicks are) are past 40. Minnesota and Rocky left to SWF. Cornell to 21CW. <p> </p><p> I think for those of us who have enjoyed the CV for a while are more disappointed with how the world has been shaped around the big 3 and how little the top of the card has changed while the midcard has largely remained stagnant. As I recall, the same top guys in 2013 and largely the same top guys in 2020, just with different companies. On the bright side, 2020 has a lot of new talent but they're all around 20 to 25 so it feels like a gap in the game world. That combined with some indy darlings like Youngman not being touched has left some with sour grapes. On the brightside, at least it shows we're attached to the characters.</p><p> </p><p> All that said, that's why I love the 97 CV. Im too attached to these guys after almost a decade of playing with them to give them up just yet. That and you can shape the world how you think it "should" be if you enjoy long term saves.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In a way that’s why I like playing as SWF you have to make your own stars, Scythe, Spade, Starr, Smasher, ZWB and Hernandez are all waiting to rise up so it’s the challenge you face.</p><p> </p><p> USPW can get the ratings they need with monsters and behemoths because of their product. But they also have guys ready for you to push.</p>

Veterans retiring and you having to rebuild the company around what's left is a great set up to play the game. I would like to see more changes round the Big 3's lower midcard, even if that means someone like Youngman being on SWF's roster with no momentum and a stupid gimmick, replacing someone who hasn't broken out over the last few years.

I would like to see more women's divisions on the U.S. indy scene. I can't imagine a company like MAW wouldn't have women's wrestling. It's also surprising the larger promotions don't have women's divisions by default.

I would also like to see more canon indy promotions in more regions. There should be a lot more indy promotions in the southern states like Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, and Florida.

There are too many big promotions in North America. I would love to see USPW eat up SWF, CWA and TCW to make room for a new promotion with a really unique product to rise.

tbh

with the expanded roster sizes in TEW 2020, the database as-is literally could not handle women's divisions in the larger companies. There are not enough women in the data.

The independent and free agent scene would be nonexistent.

Source: dataset I'm working on has TCW and SWF as big companies with women's divisions and I had to create numerous workers for both, or else there would have been about two unsigned female talents in the USA. This with several workers unretired or otherwise career-extended.

tbh

with the expanded roster sizes in TEW 2020, the database as-is literally could not handle women's divisions in the larger companies. There are not enough women in the data.

The independent and free agent scene would be nonexistent.

Source: dataset I'm working on has TCW and SWF as big companies with women's divisions and I had to create numerous workers for both, or else there would have been about two unsigned female talents in the USA. This with several workers unretired or otherwise career-extended.

It would actually help the game, as women would have the ability to get over nationally, to allow the large promotions to have a more over and younger talent pool.

Theoretically speaking it would be the same women working for MAW, PSW, ACPW, QAW, CZCW, and even in Japan and Europe. That would help them get more balanced popularity gains throughout a save.

It would actually help the game, as women would have the ability to get over nationally, to allow the large promotions to have a more over and younger talent pool.

Theoretically speaking it would be the same women working for MAW, PSW, ACPW, QAW, CZCW, and even in Japan and Europe. That would help them get more balanced popularity gains throughout a save.

Yeah, but the issue is too many slots for too few workers.

Yes, there'd be a rank of women who got over working for the big companies, but in doing so the low rungs would be decimated by population.

There aren't enough actual workers to sustain multiple big promotions signing women to exclusive deals.