xt1ErZm.jpg

Pl2Adom.jpg

Wheeler Yuta [April 1st 2022]

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS

FMqNZtL.jpg

l2Y8QvC.jpgl9yGFl9.jpg

FTR [April 1st 2022]

【EVENTS】

ROH Supercard Of Honor - April 1, 2022 (Garland, Texas, USA)

ROH Honor Will Live On - May 15, 2022 (Philadelphia, PA, USA)

ROH Motor City Madness 2022 - May 20, 2022 (Dearborn, MI, USA)

ROH Vendetta III - May 21, 2022 (Chicago, IL, USA)

ROH Best in the World 2022 - June 11, 2022 (Lowell, MA, USA)

ROH Dissension - June 18, 2022 (Dayton, OH, USA)

ROH Undeniable - June 19, 2022 (Atlantic City, NJ, USA)

NJPW/ROH War of the Worlds 2022 - July, 2022 (Baltimore, MD, USA)

ROH Manhattan Mayhem IX - July, 2022 (New York City, NY, USA)

OOC/Acknowledgments

So here we are!

Welcome to my very first attempt of doing something outside of "The Land of the Rising Sun". This wasn't planned at all but the recent comeback of ROH with Supercard Of Honor was obvious the engine for the diary idea.

Starting after Supercard is the perfect way to go in my opinion since Tony Khan did not announced any direction he'll go with ROH in the near future, so i can do my own ideas, plans and other things and it won't affect my plans at all. It simply could tend me away when TK would announce stuff.. There was something other planned before and the idea was delayed to the future tho. I will start with RWC March 2022 and will set up a slightly-edited version of the update after Supercard and some other tweaks though.

Acknowledgments

- Dalton for being such an awesome dude! I really like to talk with you about all kinds of stuff and thanks for being a friend from across the pond.

- My best friend from Germany, who wants to do a diary here in the next weeks. Thanks for our endless talks about life, wrestling and diaries!

- The Real World Chronicles people for all the hard work they put in.

- And all other people who contribute with great diaries to the forum!

HSxlJwD.png

SUPERCARD OF HONOR 2022

APRIL 1st, 2022 - GARLAND, TEXAS

1. SW3RVE The Realest def. Alex Zayne (11:40)

2. Brian Cage (w/Tully Blanchard) def. Ninja Mack (2:40)

3. Jay Lethal def. Lee Moriarty (w/Matt Sydal) (14:50)

4. Interim ROH Women's World Championship: Mercedes Martinez def. Willow Nightingale (12:45) - TITLE CHANGE !!!

5. ROH World Tag Team Championship: FTR def. The Briscoes yaFE0md.png (27:45) - TITLE CHANGE !!!

6. ROH World TV Championship: Minoru Suzuki def. Rhett Titus yaFE0md.png (6:00) - TITLE CHANGE !!!

7. ROH Pure Championship: Wheeler Yuta def. Josh Woods yaFE0md.png (12:55) - TITLE CHANGE !!!

8. ROH World Championship: Jonathan Gresham yaFE0md.png def. Bandido (w/Chavo Guerrero)

Love it!!!!

Thanks bro:cool:

I'm on board!

Thank you!:cool:

Best of luck on this.

Thanks big guy:cool:

Best of luck man.

Thank you mate!:)

This looks like a really good start ! Keep it up :)

Thanks Lloyd! I appreciate it:cool:

Minoru Suzuki may have beaten the best wrestlers in the world, but he has never faced Satu Jinn. You know exactly what to do.

Psssst... Don't tell them what I have planned for Satu Jinn.:D

p0bYTR9.png

MEDIA SCRUM: TONY KHAN

APRIL 15th, 2022

After All Elite Wrestling's TNT special event Battle of the Belts II AEW & ROH owner Tony Khan held a special media scrum after the show to talk about ROH in particular.

When will Ring of Honor bounce back?: „ROH will be back next month and we're super excited already. »Honor Will Live On« is coming live to PPV on FITE TV out of the legendary 2300 Arena in South Philadelphia. I know I do not need to tell anybody what legendary building this is, but having a ROH show there under my ownership is very special for me since I had visited ROH shows there a decade or more ago.“

What AEW talent will be at the show?: „There will be some talent, yes. We're going to do announcements the next couple of days to advertise the show with talent. Obviously it's pretty much guaranteed that ROH Pure Champion Wheeler Yuta will be in action to defend his title and we're working to get the ROH World Women's Title Unification match with Deonna [Purrazzo] and Mercedes [Martinez].“

What ROH talent will you keep around?: „I cannot be more specific but we're in talks with several people who were with the promotion over the last years. It's pretty clear that some people are still under Sinclair contracts and are unable to be at the next shows or need to be bought out of their contracts. “

Do you have your eyes on outside guys as well?: „I think we had numerous talents, who could be potential roster members, at AEW Dark in the past. Like I had my eyes on talent right before the start of AEW, so I do now with Ring of Honor. There are some people who could live up to the legacy of Honor, it's going to be pretty interesting from now on.“

It's going to be very interesting how you're approaching this. It might seem like Ring Of Honor has always been about 50 Timothy Thatchers fighting each other, but it was obviously not. ROH was a pretty wild company back in the day with No Ropes Barbed Wire matches, Cage Of Death, bloody Fights Without Honor or oddball characters like Dan Maff, MASADA or Abyss. Everyone somehow fit in. This might not be Tony's vision, but ROH was so much more than just technical wrestling.

It's going to be very interesting how you're approaching this. It might seem like Ring Of Honor has always been about 50 Timothy Thatchers fighting each other, but it was obviously not. ROH was a pretty wild company back in the day with No Ropes Barbed Wire matches, Cage Of Death, bloody Fights Without Honor or oddball characters like Dan Maff, MASADA or Abyss. Everyone somehow fit in. This might not be Tony's vision, but ROH was so much more than just technical wrestling.

Yes you're definitely right! It's a bit of a similar misunderstanding the company like it's always with ECW: "ECW is only about chairs and tables" yeeea right buddy.. it was obviously not pal.

The same it's with ROH. Sure the most eyeballs were on the Danielson's, Joe's or Nigel's but they were so many other weird stuff like the whole Lacey angle or guys like Bobby Dempsey or even the late great necro butcher.

Yes Tony might be the lead character here for obvious reasons but it's more of CGN version of ROH than TK's and trust me it will be not only about the Thatcher's:cool:

The same it's with ROH. Sure the most eyeballs were on the Danielson's, Joe's or Nigel's but they were so many other weird stuff like the whole Lacey angle or guys like Bobby Dempsey or even the late great necro butcher.

Got worried that Necro Butcher is not here anymore, from what I see he's alive and kicking! Good luck with this diary, I liked some parts of the Supercard of Honor IRL, but sadly, most ROH guys got wrecked there.

9tKhmaX.png

MATCHCARD ANNOUNCEMENT

3X5Z4Wg.png

When people online are talking about the "Four Killers of AEW" they probably talk about Lee Moriarty, Hook, Daniel Garcia and Wheeler Yuta. The four young guys of All Elite Wrestling made an impressive job in recent months, especially the last two mentioned: Wheeler Yuta just captured the ROH Pure title while Daniel Garcia had bangers with Eddie Kingston or ROH Hall of Famer Bryan Danielson. A match made in heaven, right? Yuta asked Tony Khan for a meeting at Ring of Honor's next show and "TK" confimed it: Daniel Garcia vs. Wheeler Yuta for the ROH Pure Championship at "Honor Will Live On"!

It was one of the biggest shocker at Supercard of Honor when Samoa Joe returned to his home after a seven year abstinence to rescue ROH World Champion Jonathan Gresham from the assaulting Jay Lethal and Sonjay Dutt. Lethal and Dutt has their eyes on the biggest prize in Honor Wrestling and need to get some results down the line. Gresham wants a piece of his former stablemate, Moriarty and Joe aren't aversed either. A six man tag team match has been booked for "Honor Will Live On" with Lethal getting support from Tony Deppen and Tracy Williams, who alligned himself with the former double champion instead of Jonathan Gresham. It seems like The Foundation is no more!

ROH Honor Will Live On - Live on FITE TV

May 15th - 2300 Arena (Philadelphia, PA, USA)

ZERO-HOUR

0. Gates Of Agony (Kaun & Toa Linoa) (w/Tully Blanchard) vs. Brock Anderson & Lee Johnson

0. The Hex (Allysin Kay & Marti Belle) vs. Jessica Troy & Skye Blue

MAIN SHOW

1. Four Corner Survival: Dante Leon vs. Ninja Mack vs. Blake Christian vs. Alex Zayne

2. World Famous CB (w/Eli Isom) vs. Brian Cage (w/Tully Blanchard)

3. Bear Country (Bear Boulder & Bear Bronson) vs. Rhett Titus & Dalton Castle

4. Pure Rules: Josh Woods vs. Rust Taylor

5. Willow Nightingale & Trish Adora vs. AQA & Mercedes Martinez

6. Dak Draper & Brian Johnson vs. The WorkHorsemen (Anthony Henry & JD Drake)

7. ROH Pure Championship: Wheeler Yuta yaFE0md.png vs. Daniel Garcia

8. Lee Moriarty, Samoa Joe & Jonathan Gresham vs. Tracy Williams, Tony Deppen & Jay Lethal (w/Sonjay Dutt)

Unbelievably hyped for this!

ROH Honor Will Live On - Live on FITE TV

May 15th - 2300 Arena (Philadelphia, PA, USA)

ZERO-HOUR

0. Gates Of Agony (Kaun & Toa Linoa) (w/Tully Blanchard) vs. Brock Anderson & Lee Johnson

MAIN SHOW

1. Four Corner Survival: Dante Leon vs. Ninja Mack vs. Blake Christian vs. Alex Zayne

7. ROH Pure Championship: Wheeler Yuta vs. Daniel Garcia (I really want Red Death to win here, but this should be the first in an eternal rivalry so I'm going with the champion retaining)

8. Lee Moriarty, Samoa Joe & Jonathan Gresham vs. Tracy Williams, Tony Deppen & Jay Lethal (w/Sonjay Dutt)

MAIN SHOW

7. ROH Pure Championship: Wheeler Yuta vs. Daniel Garcia

Went with the AEW contracted talent for most of these picks.