[RELEASE] Real World Chronicles 2022

3 hours ago, boydy said:

Yeah I would have to do that as a 2 player game though wont I?

No, edit AEW to have two brands: AEW and ROH and then divide the roster into brands like WWE does with Raw and Smackdown. Make Dynamite the AEW show and Rampage the ROH show or something. It takes more work to set up, but it's a much more satisfying playthrough than trying to run two companies as two players.

15 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

No, edit AEW to have two brands: AEW and ROH and then divide the roster into brands like WWE does with Raw and Smackdown. Make Dynamite the AEW show and Rampage the ROH show or something. It takes more work to set up, but it's a much more satisfying playthrough than trying to run two companies as two players.

not a bad idea...but I went on spending spree and signed everybody I wanted....I could probably fill each show with a brand. I just don't like: this worker has to be on this show, he/she can't work on this show because they are on that brand...it gets too complicated...that's why I have so many stables...Kind of learning from my NJPW influence....Stables and 6/8/10 man tag matches go hand in hand. It makes it easier to book with a huge roster.

Hey Devil, thank you so much for the work here. I am getting back into the game and really excited to try some stuff out.

I wanted to ask if you should make some adjustments to the overall popularity levels of companies in Japan. I've been tracking attendance data for most of 2022 and the pecking order is a bit different than what is reflected in the game. I have data to back up the claim, so I've attached one of my references.

Here's how I think it breaks down.

NJPW and STARDOM are the clear #1 and #2 right now. STARDOM has seen a huge boost from Bushiroad involvement and the crossover with NJPW. NJPW is far and away in the lead, and STARDOM is clearly the #2 by most measurements. In the mod, STARDOM is behind DDT, NOAH and Dragongate.

NOAH and Dragongate are both floating around #3. I think Dragongate should probably be #3 as they are more of a nationwide touring brand while NOAH is more narrowly focused in a few regions, but this is pretty close. 

AJPW should be #5 either way as their metrics are all pretty consistent (they are #8 in Japan in the mod, not counting WWE and AEW). DDT should be right after - their numbers have really been impacted by COVID and have yet to recover. They are #2 of the Japanese companies in the mod.

TJPW has grown a ton over the last year or so and should be right behind DDT.

GLEAT and FREEDOMS both have pretty solid attendances, so they should definitely be ahead of BJW and ZERO1, who have both fallen pretty far and are pretty much non-factors at this point. BJW is currently the #6 in Japan in your mod (not counting WWE and AEW), when they should probably be closer to #10 or #11.

Sorry for the infodump, but I hope this can help you tweak popularity levels to be a bit more reflective of the current scene. Thank you for considering. 

FToLebwWAAkZMw-.png

Edited by dean1660846263
  • Like 2

On 9/14/2022 at 2:45 PM, dnmt said:

Hey Devil, thank you so much for the work here. I am getting back into the game and really excited to try some stuff out.

I wanted to ask if you should make some adjustments to the overall popularity levels of companies in Japan. I've been tracking attendance data for most of 2022 and the pecking order is a bit different than what is reflected in the game. I have data to back up the claim, so I've attached one of my references.

Here's how I think it breaks down.

NJPW and STARDOM are the clear #1 and #2 right now. STARDOM has seen a huge boost from Bushiroad involvement and the crossover with NJPW. NJPW is far and away in the lead, and STARDOM is clearly the #2 by most measurements. In the mod, STARDOM is behind DDT, NOAH and Dragongate.

NOAH and Dragongate are both floating around #3. I think Dragongate should probably be #3 as they are more of a nationwide touring brand while NOAH is more narrowly focused in a few regions, but this is pretty close. 

AJPW should be #5 either way as their metrics are all pretty consistent (they are #8 in Japan in the mod, not counting WWE and AEW). DDT should be right after - their numbers have really been impacted by COVID and have yet to recover. They are #2 of the Japanese companies in the mod.

TJPW has grown a ton over the last year or so and should be right behind DDT.

GLEAT and FREEDOMS both have pretty solid attendances, so they should definitely be ahead of BJW and ZERO1, who have both fallen pretty far and are pretty much non-factors at this point. BJW is currently the #6 in Japan in your mod (not counting WWE and AEW), when they should probably be closer to #10 or #11.

Sorry for the infodump, but I hope this can help you tweak popularity levels to be a bit more reflective of the current scene. Thank you for considering. 

FToLebwWAAkZMw-.png

hi dnmt, 

This is actually a very helpful statistic. I've neglected affecting popularity in recent updates too much because I'm still quite concerned about touching it and unbalancing the scales of the game world. As for DDT and TJPW being lower than AJPW, could it be possible that they have a higher popularity in the western world due to their Wrestle Universe service probably being more popular and accessible than AJPW's current broadcasting system? I will definitely be considering updating the Japanese companies though

11 hours ago, Devil_Cyborg said:

hi dnmt, 

This is actually a very helpful statistic. I've neglected affecting popularity in recent updates too much because I'm still quite concerned about touching it and unbalancing the scales of the game world. As for DDT and TJPW being lower than AJPW, could it be possible that they have a higher popularity in the western world due to their Wrestle Universe service probably being more popular and accessible than AJPW's current broadcasting system? I will definitely be considering updating the Japanese companies though

I'm glad to be of assistance. I do certainly think you could put DDT and TJPW higher in the West than AJPW, but in Japan, I think the attendance figures overall show they are behind - TJPW much more so than DDT at least. So in TEW's global rankings, TJPW and DDT might make up some ground in comparison to AJPW, but in Japan, I think AJPW has pretty clearly locked into the #5 spot at this point. I'm happy to chat more via DM too if you have any questions or want to see more data!!

Just a reminder that we have a Real World Chronicles discord server that is used for suggesting fixes for factual errors or things you believe can be improved, request content for the next updates, track progress on the next update, or just discuss stuff surrounding the mod or the modding scene in general. We've been doing quite a bit so far since the start of the month, so don't hesitate to join and be a small helping hand in the development and maintenance of Real World Chronicles!

https://discord.gg/XWsN6Ghwfw

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, malcompete said:

When I download from the link, I get a .rar file?  What am I missing?

It's a compressed file like a .zip file. (Multiple files inside one file). You need Winzip or Winrar (I recommend Winrar, it's still fully useable after the trial period). Windows won't open .rar files, like it does for .zip files. A quick google search should get you the link.

I noticed this in the database and I couldn't believe it lol:

SHO and Giulia are not engaged. Some guy on Wikipedia went nuts a few months ago and began writing this fiction about SHO's life, how he dated several female wrestlers (including Giulia and Mina Shirakawa) and models etc, all of which has been scrubbed off the site completely.

This is all the work of one wacko https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikipedia_sockpuppets_of_Stardussst

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/PaxtonAnderson

And for something less insane; Katsuhiko Nakajima's National Championship reign isn't attached to him.

Edited by Kiheiji
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kiheiji said:

I noticed this in the database and I couldn't believe it lol:

SHO and Giulia are not engaged. Some guy on Wikipedia went nuts a few months ago and began writing this fiction about SHO's life, how he dated several female wrestlers (including Giulia and Mina Shirakawa) and models etc, all of which has been scrubbed off the site completely.

This is all the work of one wacko https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikipedia_sockpuppets_of_Stardussst

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/PaxtonAnderson

And for something less insane; Katsuhiko Nakajima's National Championship reign isn't attached to him.

Thank you so much for clearing up the confusion around the SHO wikipedia page stuff. Honestly very very dumb of someone to screw around, but hey I guess that's another reason to double check your sources. As for the Katsuhiko Nakajima title reign, that is a massive spot from you and I am extremely impressed. That is now fixed and will be up in the next update

Some news from Mexico:

Reina Isis and Stuka Jr. both lost your masks.

CMLL has announced the "Grand Prix de Amazonas" participants, there's some names to add to CMLL company:

Faby Apache (she departed from AAA but no one knows the type of contract that she signed with Consejo)

Ivelisse Vélez

Mei Suruga 

Hikari Shimizu

Tae Honma

Alex Gracia

Lady Frost

Thanks for your hard work, this mod is amazing!

• Like 1

Totally random and I dunno if this is even possible since the AI is gonna AI but in every save I start, the Street Profits' contracts come up at the same time and WWE re-signs Tez but gets rid of Angelo. Is there any way to fix this? It just seems to ruin the illusion for me, even though I'm not playing as WWE lol.

18 hours ago, JCStensland said:

Totally random and I dunno if this is even possible since the AI is gonna AI but in every save I start, the Street Profits' contracts come up at the same time and WWE re-signs Tez but gets rid of Angelo. Is there any way to fix this? It just seems to ruin the illusion for me, even though I'm not playing as WWE lol.

In the in-game editor you can just extend their contract lengths to the same amount. Can either do both manually or wait until they sign Montez and then manually extend Angelo’s the same length

• 2 weeks later...