WWE 2014 - The Civil War (Redux)

8 hours ago, Blodyxe said:

Looking back at the 'put*n suck ups' shtick, I hate it even more now, heat is real. Where's Kurt Angle at, TNA? Want that beautiful bald man to slap rusev same way he slapped Eugene, shoot on him a bit. K, getting carried away, solid show

I don't know if it's apparent but the real life events started around the time I was writing the shows I'm posting now so their promos are incredibly short and not detailed in the slightest due to how uncomfortable I was (and still am) with that shtick. As for Angle, I fear his contract with TNA is still a ways away. But fear not, that the challengers for Rusev will never get easier and that's the most I can give away :D

Edited by Dawn
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dawn said:

I don't know if it's apparent but the real life events started around the time I was writing the shows I'm posting now so their promos are incredibly short and not detailed in the slightest due to how uncomfortable I was (and still am) with that shtick. As for Angle, I fear his contract with TNA is still a ways away. But fear not, that the challengers for Rusev will never get easier and that's the most I can give away :D

Silly to take such gimmicks super seriously, but still, this one actually 'worked me up'. Brain says 'dude its just wrestling' but heart is like 'I still wanna see these MFers get roughed up' lol. Very weird, confusing feeling

And a thing about Rusev - he is no twig, he could take some snug shots, but nobody ever worked that style with him. Very frustrating when a character that 'leans on reality' and is supposedly hated gets hit with a 'wind up Cena punch', or works Flag matches with slowmo Swagger. For crying out loud, smack him in the mouth just once, give me smth to cheer for

• Like 1

wweraw2.png

''Raising the Stakes'' 

WWE Monday Night Raw
June 30th, 2014 (July Week 1)
Hodges Stadium in Jacksonville, Florida
OC: Michael Cole, Renee Young and Joey Styles
Meltzer Rating: B+

Dark Match: The American Wolves (w/Kassius Ohno) defeat Shannon Moore & Yoshi Tatsu. (B-)

WWE_Authority.png

The show opens with a major rendezvous of the core of Triple H's regime. The Game, Stephanie McMahon, Paul Heyman, Randy Orton, Drew McIntyre, Wade Barrett (still flanked by The KoW) and now Roman Reigns. Hunter gives center stage for Roman Reigns to explain his actions from the start of the month first of all.

''Dean, Seth...the only thing you two boys need to know is that it was simply business. Nothing personal. I decided to drop any loose ends that had been holding me back from evolving into what I am meant to be. Seth talks a big game on how he was the brains of the operation, which may have been the case. But he's dead wrong if he believes he had any true power on The Shield or over myself. My word was gospel. They could do nothing, achieve nothing without my presence backing them up. I had the final say, the final word, the final action when it came to the execution of any and every action of The Shield...including its demise. The men by my side see my true potential and I envision a partnership as mutually beneficial for all our futures. I pity you for believing you were good enough to be amongst the elite, Seth. That was just shameful. And Dean? Your little rabid dog act doesn't work on me, man. We both know I can kick your ass into next year any second if I ever were to entertain the idea. But I don't work with dead weight any longer. I am the head of the table and my priorities have been set straight. As for what my endgame is? For the two of you, the hundreds in the back and the thousands around the world to acknowledge me as the one and only Roman Reigns.''

With that done, Triple H steps up, shaking Reigns' hand and congratulating him on making the best decision of his young career. Security is seen again circling the ring from all sides to protect him. Hunter says it was a big night in Boston at the King of the Ring, but things were only about to get bigger. He says that in three weeks, it is the last stop before the biggest party of the summer. In three weeks, two men will be earning contracts for world championship opportunities that may be cashed in any time during the span of a year. The two Money in the Bank Ladder Matches would have qualifiers starting in a few moments. He had named the contenders for the two matches, making sure to work with The Rock for the World Heavyweight Championship contract match; because this year, that match specifically would be even more special. The man to win that match would essentially be guaranteed a key chance to win the big gold belt that he held many times in the past that very night. Because at Money in the Bank, there would be a THIRD Ladder Match. He says Daniel Bryan will be defending the World Heavyweight Championship against former world champions.

This brings protest out of Wade Barrett, who cuts off Hunter and says that will most definitely not be the way things would go at Money in the Bank. He says he was this close to defeating Daniel Bryan on his own at King of the Ring; he had proved he deserved the next title opportunity and he was not going to allow six other men to stand between himself and his first World title. He had a duty to perform for the regime and the Queen's honor, and the three gentlemen with him endorsed him fully. Three security guards then turn to the ring, circling Barrett's allies and revealing themselves as the KoW! Barrett tells Triple H that neither one of them has to be hasty here tonight, all he has to do is give him one more match with Daniel Bryan. Triple H stares at the KoW for a moment in frustration, before relenting. He warns Barrett though, that he doesn't reward multiple failures, even moreso when forced to bend over backwards to meet his protege's demands. Barrett guarantees that Triple H will not be disappointed. Stephanie and Hunter then get in a huddle, and Steph says the fans are still owed a third Ladder match in three weeks. So instead of Daniel Bryan, it would be AJ Styles defending the WWE Championship against former world champions galore! 

The field will be comprised of the WWE Champion AJ Styles, CM Punk, John Cena, Randy Orton, Sheamus, Rey Mysterio, Kane and the United States Champion, The Miz!

Match #1 (WWE Championship Money in the Bank Qualifier)
Christian defeats Derrick Bateman with Killswitch.

Rating: B
Time: 10:52

yxis5BNs.jpg1Q7Zpjss.jpggLUcROis.jpgfDEdm8ys.jpg

Backstage, ''The Professor'' Matt Striker is with two men who will compete to qualify for the WWE Championship Money in the Bank Ladder Match later in the night, young CJ Parker and former World champion Chris Jericho! CJ excitedly raves about his opportunity, listing the different ways he can help save the planet if he wins Money in the Bank. Jericho stands stoic all throughout, before exploding; he says he doesn't know who in the hell made the decision to cut him off of the field of former world champions for the championship Ladder match, but that this certainly reeked of Triple H getting a rise out of him by pairing him with a stupid idiot such as Parker, who wanders around catering with his stupid idiot plaques while food is thrown at him. He says the only true conspiracy is the one that's been created by this company to hold Chris Jericho back as has been the case even when he was the first ever undisputed world champion in the business, but it doesn't matter. For tonight he will carry them both for the win and he is going to win the match he created at Money in the Bank before cashing in the briefcase on the very same night against whoever wins the third ladder match, if you can understand what he is saying, MJ Parker. As Jericho departs, Parker shrugs at his partner Mason Ryan, who Cole notes has his qualifying match next!

Match #2 (WWE Championship Money in the Bank Qualifier)
Cesaro defeats Mason Ryan (w/CJ Parker) with Neutralizer.

Rating: B-
Time: 8:28

Backstage, Hunter and Stephanie are approached by Dolph Ziggler and Torrie Wilson. Ziggler questions the decision of not including him in the WWE Championship Ladder Match. Hunter notes how Ziggler failed to win and capture the championship the previous night, and he'd have to earn his way into either one of the contract matches instead. Curtis Axel also runs in, and asks why he isn't included in any of the qualifying matches period. Hunter dismisses is as an ''honest oversight'' while Axel accuses Hunter (making sure to remind the King of Kings that he had defeated him at WrestleMania) of bias. Stephanie forcibly leads both men out of the room.

Match #3 (WWE Championship Money in the Bank Qualifier)
Chris Jericho & CJ Parker (w/Mason Ryan) defeat Justin Gabriel & Richie Steamboat (w/Ricky Steamboat), now dubbed ''The International Dragons'' after Walls of Jericho on Steamboat.

Time: 9:36

yxis5BNs.jpglXVXxC7s.jpg

Matt Striker is with Seth Rollins, who's been slated for a qualifying match next week on Raw. Rollins says that it's been a whirlwind in these couple of days, and that Dean and Roman may believe they got the upper hand on him. He says that both of the two had showed to the world their precise full skillset in the last 24 hours; Dean Ambrose with his madman instincts, born to destroy. Roman Reigns with his sheer magnetism and presence. But it was a mere question of the two being overshadowed by HIS moment. The greater competitor and greater mind would always prevail, and now his mind was in business on its own to calculate precisely how that would happen; once he won his qualifier, he'd become the odds on favorite to win the WWE Championship contract, and whoever walked out as champion would have to bear the thoughts of Seth Rollins lurking right behind them no matter where, no matter when. And only then as he held the WWE Championship and proved that he has always been by and large the superior third of The Shield, the Evolution of Seth Rollins would be complete.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

O8JEK8Bs.jpg

Austin Aries cuts a promo on the previous week, where ''Stone Cold'' Steve Austin was joined by Hulk Hogan and Sheriff Rock to try and undermine him all the while Stone Cold announced he'd be entering the 2015 Royal Rumble Match next January. Aries accuses the legends of trying to overshadow him, the bygones trying so desperately to clutch their last few straws of relevance left. He says Stone Cold will have a target on his back come Royal Rumble, and should The Greatest Man That Ever Lived also enter that match, he'd make sure to personally eliminate the Rattlesnake after he'd embarass himself by looking out of place against today's competition.

Match #4 (WWE Championship Money in the Bank Qualifier)
John Morrison defeats Austin Aries with Starship Pain.

Time: 18:21

rOV73kws.jpgvT881LBs.jpg

Backstage, Morrison celebrates his win with The Miz and Becky Lynch. Miz says the two of them will be dominant after Money in the Bank, where he will once again be the most must-see WWE Champion in history, Morrison will hold the briefcase to the championship and so, if he is ever to lose the title, it will go right back to the hands of The Dirt Sheet. Becky says she is happy for the two, but it'd be better if she went her separate ways for a while again. She says she will be calling out the big bad bitch next week, and she will be looking for a fight. Miz and Morrison wish her luck as she departs. Morrison sits down, exhausted from the past two nights of action, as Miz says he'll make up for it and go find his brother some arm candy for the night.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

4VVp5Uus.jpgmGZTIcAs.jpg

Elsewhere backstage, John Cena is shown with his ribs taped due to the events of the King of the Ring. His Quarter-Finals opponent and on-off rival CM Punk passes by, intently staring at Cena and his injuries. Punk says both of them have history with Samoa Joe, they are familiar to what he can do and that last night doesn't bode well for anyone on the roster who doesn't if Cena is any indication. Cena says Samoa Joe is as good as any other on the business, but it would have been a much more fair fight without the attack by Drew McIntyre beforehand. Punk says that the kid (McIntyre) has got some balls to go right for the golden boy, and the backing he got for the attack it was a sign that Triple H's influence had started to grow far over a level that anyone else could control; not only when it comes to McIntyre, but the other proteges such as Barrett and Roman Reigns. Cena says it doesn't matter as long as they keep the championships in the home team. Punk agrees, and says that is exactly what he intends to do, having won two Money in the Bank Ladder Matches in the past. Cena says he's also got a history as a winner of the match, but Punk teases him by saying these ribs look nowhere near as if they'll be 100% in 3 weeks. The two stare each other down, before we head to a commercial break.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

rOV73kws.jpg
TpSqFAIs.jpgNrVqgRus.jpg

As we return from the break, we are supposed to be headed to action, but instead there's another cut backstage, where commotion is in the air as screams are heard! The United States Champion, The Miz is seen down and limp on the concrete as a production box pins him down! The deed is revealed to have been concocted by Rusev and Lana, the Ravishing Russian shouting instructions and encouragement at her man as he locks Miz in The Accolade! Multiple officials are required to remove Rusev from top of The Miz, and the Hero of the Russian Federation is seen forcibly grabbing the U.S. title from Miz's waist, before posing with it! Satisfied, Lana leads Rusev out of the scene, the latter dropping the title back on top of Miz. Triple H finally appears at the scene once the smoke is fully clear, looking rather shocked as officials and EMTs also storm the area.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

CXHQLnSs.jpgfWxWKjUs.jpgBf0EKSTs.jpgIIkGFWCs.jpg

Triple H and Stephanie McMahon enter the ring, with Hunter saying the EMTs have informed him that Miz will be unclear to compete in 3 weeks at Money in the Bank. And so, they've been forced to hastily throw together a battle royal to determine who will replace him in the WWE Championship Ladder Match. And instead of restricting themselves to former champions this time, they would provide opportunity to the young up and comers as it would be a qualifier between 10 men who had never won a world title instead. Nine masked unknowns make their way to the ring, and Hunter introduces them as ''Jacksonville's finest''. The last member of this match will be...ROMAN REIGNS.

MAIN EVENT
Bf0EKSTs.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpg?????????????????????????????????
WWE Championship Ladder Match Qualifying Battle Royal

Predictably, Roman Reigns dismantles the field, easily eliminating eight out of his nine opponents. The final one, ''The Jacksonville Jingler'' who is decked in a ridiculous Christmas tree-esque outfit, departs the ring under the bottom rope and runs away as Reigns gives pursuit. Reigns is able to catch the Jingler, throwing him back in the ring. Surprisingly, the Jingler fights back with courage, the crowd going on a frenzy! Reigns is able to regain control and deliver an array of offense that brings him and Paul Heyman to grin with joy, before sizing up the Jingler to eliminate him.

x5M83Tbs.jpg

BUT DEAN AMBROSE JUMPS IN, HAVING FORCED HIS WAY THROUGH SECURITY! AND HE THROWS HIMSELF AT REIGNS, SENDING HIMSELF AND REIGNS OVER THE TOP ROPE!

THE JACKSONVILLE JINGLER WINS!

Time: 8:20

Outside, the shock of the moment can't even be addressed properly, as Ambrose keeps on the assault by cracking open a monitor on Reigns' face, before absolutely crushing his leg with an elbow drop! By the time security and Triple H's forces have returned to the ring, Ambrose is long gone, having started to make good on his promise to damage his former brother as soon as he proved vulnerable. All the while, the Jacksonville Jingler has been celebrating like a fool in the ring, playing to the crowd as Triple H looks on, apalled.

CsKwvg6s.jpg

The Jingler then removes his mask to reveal himself as CURTIS AXEL, bringing Hunter's mouth to go agape! Curtis Axel has once again overstepped The COO's authority and he has punched himself a ticket to Money in the Bank where he will have a chance to win the WWE Championship, but even with all this unlikely success, he will still have to overcome six former WWE Champions and the current world champion in AJ Styles! Good night, everybody!

pwpXc4Y.jpg

XVxPw8P.jpg

NXT
July 2nd, 2014
Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida
OC: Tom Phillips, Byron Saxton and Eric Bischoff

Rating: C+

- Baron Corbin defeats a local competitor with End of Days. (D-)

- Corbin demands a true challenge, and he is met by Tye Dillinger, who claims only a competitor who's a perfect ten can overcome any adversity in this business, so he'd take on the undefeated Corbin! (C-)

- Sasha Banks (w/Maryse) defeats Skyler Moon (w/Ember Moon) with Bank Statement. Banks joins Emma and Bayley in the Takeover 4-Way. (D+)

- Charlotte and Ric Flair trash talk the younger Flair's opponent for next week in Maryse, noting how in less than a couple years Charlotte's skill level has far surpassed the former Divas Champion's. Maryse requests that Sasha watch her back next week, and Sasha promises to do just that. (A)

- James Storm defeats Luke Robinson with Last Call. (B-)

- Tyler Breeze levels the Cowboy with Beauty Shot again, putting the boots to the veteran alongside Luke Robinson. Storm recovers, however, sending both of them packing! (B+)

- A vignette airs on a dark and empty ring. A man enters and starts posturing throughout, getting ready for action. His face is shown with a roar, the last thing seen in the vignette. A graphic shows the letters ''KO'' followed by ''coming to NXT''. (B-)

bMqwWUYs.jpg

- Finn Bálor defeats Chuck Magnet by DQ after interference from The Ascension, who lay Finn out with Fall of Men afterwards to end the show. (C-)

Edited by Dawn
  • Like 2

smackdown1.png

''The Doctor Is In''

WWE Thursday Night SmackDown
July 3rd, 2014
Donald L. Tucker Civic Center in Tallahassee, Florida
OC: Josh Mathews, John Bradshaw Layfield and Booker T
Rating: B+

Dark Match: Richie Steamboat defeats Akira Tozawa with Flying Chop. (C)

078d54cd29dfcbd832e4c2e10750f392.jpg

The show opens with The New Day in Sheriff Rock's office. The People's Champion denies them any joint World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank Qualifying Matches, and that if any member of the group is to interfere in the others' matches, their own match will be null and void and automatically advance their opponent. The Rock says that Mark Henry will have his match tonight, while the other three will compete next week. The New Day are incensed at first, but Xavier Woods calms them down, and says everything will work out as intended.

B74943M.jpg
Match #1
Samoa Joe (c) defeats Jack Evans with Coquina Clutch to retain the WWE World Television Championship.

Time: 7:15

King Joe cuts a promo after the match on how he declined automatic entry into the Money in the Bank match from winning the King of the Ring, an opportunity last year's winner Cody Rhodes had seized to perfection. He says he doesn't need a fancy briefcase to sneak from behind the world champion when the time comes; he will be front and center right to the face of whoever is holding the gold, to put his ass to sleep and finish what he started from the minute he came to the WWE. For now? He'd enjoy prosperous reigns as king and television champion, the latter guaranteeing him competition every single week.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

dNxJwAXs.jpgBpffGQms.jpgl2Gn2M3s.jpgVFChKOEs.jpg

Wade Barrett cuts a promo alongside the KoW on how close he came to becoming the new World Heavyweight Champion at the King of the Ring. He says it is fortunate that Triple H did not make the wrong decision, and he would make sure to finish Daniel Bryan this time around at Money in the Bank (he makes sure to again point out he nearly beat Bryan ''on his own'' the previous Sunday). As for Axel, Miz and Morrison? The KoW would gladly school these gentlemen on the fine art of not sticking your nose in others' business this Monday, with or without the cowardly Miz competing as he recovered from injuries all four of them would (theoretically) punch through.

Match #2 (World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank Ladder Match Qualifier)
Sin Cara defeats Trent Barreta (w/Curt Hawkins) with La Mistica.

Time: 12:37

Backstage, a victorious and exhausted Sin Cara enters the locker room of Rey Mysterio, who is depressively pensive as has been the norm recently. Cara says if there's still a sliver of the legend deep inside Rey, he knows he'd join him in victory come Money in the Bank. The two would stand tall in honor of Mexico as the two world champions soon enough; all that had to be done was for Rey to rediscover himself. He hands Rey his mask, before nodding at him and leaving the locker room. A shot closes in on Rey's face as he stares at the mask that has defined his legacy.

Match #3 (World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank Ladder Match Qualifier)
Drew McIntyre & Tyson Kidd (w/Natalya) defeat The Usos (w/Naomi) in a non-title match. Judas Devlin distracted Jey Uso, leading to Future Shock DDT from McIntyre for the win. Also of note was the match-long verbal sparring between Naomi and Natalya, Josh noting that Naomi would receive another opportunity at the Divas Championship later in the night.

Time: 16:22

Devlin, Harper and Rowan circle The Usos, but Jimmy and Jey retaliate, sending Devlin flying with a double superkick. Then, they fly in on Harper and Rowan themselves with suicide dives, all the while Bray Wyatt observes what is happening at the top of the stage from his rocking chair. The tag team champions stand tall, raising their titles as they stare at Bray, and his brothers regroup. 

pwpXc4Y.jpg

TOCvXFis.jpg

Vickie and Chavo Guerrero fail to enter the Sheriff's office to discuss with The Rock about what can be done to reward Chavo with another opportunity at the Cruiserweight Championship, before the Red Stardust jumps right at Chavo, staring him down with a creepy smile. He warns Chavo that he will not be the one to help restore the cosmos; and that Alex Shelley was in direct disturbance of those by possessing what was not his. He then leaves while eerily shouting that the cosmic key must be retrieved.

ctYrE17.jpg
Match #4
Kaitlyn (c) (w/Stephanie McMahon) defeats Naomi after Natalya blatantly attacked the Divas Champion. Kaitlyn retains the WWE Divas Championship.

Time: 8:28

Naomi stands incredulously staring at Natalya after the match, claiming that she had come inches away of winning again. Natalya proudly says that ''she had to do something and she finally did it'', before the two come to blows! Naomi forces the younger Neidhart to retreat, but she herself is speared by Kaitlyn as she returns her attention to the champion! Kaitlyn grasps her championship again with all possible force, her reign having been in jeopardy recently way more than she'd like it to be.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

s2TNHZ5s.jpgwFNfayTs.jpg

WWE Champion AJ Styles and World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan converge backstage, discussing the tough tasks ahead of them at Money in the Bank. AJ says he's got a hell of a lot of respect for Daniel, and if the odds are truly too much for him in the Ladder match, he'd like nothing more than to see Bryan on the other side of the ring at SummerSlam. Bryan notes that would be one hell of a dream match, but he does expect AJ to put one hell of a fight, and he's seen crazier things happen.

dt78SrVs.jpg

Into the locker room walks Randy Orton, who stares both men down.

The Viper says that Daniel Bryan is not a worthy World Heavyweight Champion; he had failed at every single opportunity handed to him before ONE slip from Orton at WrestleMania cost him and made Bryan and the world believe that miracles were true. Just look at how Bryan barely came out a champion from the King of the Ring when he had all the help in the world. Orton says he is the living embodiment of the fact miracles were NOT true. He says that he is reality, and in this case, reality is that his generational pedigree makes him far superior than either one of the two inside the ring. Orton says it doesn't matter if there are one, two, six or a hundred guys standing between him and AJ's WWE Championship, he would ascend to the revival of the Age of Orton come Money in the Bank.

MAIN EVENT
World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank Ladder Match Qualifier

cdKwK1ns.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpgNdgy5n2s.jpg
VW8xClLs.jpg
Dolph Ziggler (w/Torrie Wilson) defeats Mark Henry with Zig Zag.

Time: 11:10

CXHQLnSs.jpguC2II6cs.jpg

At the top of the hour, Stephanie McMahon enters the ring and requests the presence of Dr. Cortex, who has his usual eerie and calm demeanor as he joins the majority owner in the ring. Stephanie kindly asks Dr. Cortex that he have brought in an incapacitated AJ Lee to the ring, and get this over with for good by locking her up in his facility NO MATTER HOW LONG! Dr. Cortex says that the patient took quite long to be subdued, but that his team had finally succeeded in the task at hand.

q7A1mJUs.jpg

The orderlies, in numbers that seem to be in the teens, come in hoisting a straightjacket-bound AJ above them. Stephanie and Dr. Cortex maniacally cackle to each other, with Stephanie slapping AJ in the face multiple times as she does so. 

She tells the orderlies to leave the ring as she finally deals with this problem once and for all, and she forcibly retrieves a camera from a cameraman's hands (obviously a plant). She gloats right in front of the camera that revenge is a bitch, but while she's doing so, a short orderly weirdly approaches AJ's dead weight...and throws something at it. Stephanie proudly climbs the ring with the camera, preparing to smack AJ in the head with it as the latter had done to her father...

BUT AJ JUMPS STEPHANIE!

Somehow, someway, AJ Lee unlocked herself from the straightjacket, and she unleashes hell on earth against the boss, until Dr. Cortex and the orderlies realize that and chase after her! AJ runs away and finally gets a barricade of fans to stand in front of the orderlies for good, making sure she will go home a free woman tonight. The camera pans to her lips being cut from Stephanie's slaps as she smiles, Stephanie throwing a tantrum in the ring! Dr. Cortex calmly turns to the unusual orderly that he fears may have helped AJ by throwing her a key, and removes his facemask to reveal...

EhXalnos.jpg

...SOLOMON CROWE FROM NXT? Stephanie has no recollection of her own as to who this is, but she is incensed either way and orders Dr. Cortex to do away with him! Crowe fights well, but the band of Cortex orderlies are too much for him, eventually carrying him out on the orders of Stephanie and Dr. Cortex.

With that unexpected save from one deranged individual to the other, Stephanie points at AJ on the skyboxes and says that she will pay for everything she's done, and now she's done playing to rules and regulations, it will be done HER WAY! AJ laughs at the face of danger, more questions arising from this blood rivalry that began when the balance of power was entirely disrupted by AJ Lee, as we fade to black!

pwpXc4Y.jpg

0QHbFmA.jpg

WWE Sunday Night Heat
July 6th, 2014
OC: Josh Mathews, Byron Saxton and ''The Professor'' Matt Striker

- Xavier Woods defeats Mickey Keegan with Lost in the Woods. (C+)

- The SmackDown Rebound shows The Rock dealing with The New Day and assigning them individual Money in the Bank Qualifying Matches, with Mark Henry coming up unsuccessful in the first one, a main event against Dolph Ziggler. (B+)

- Natalya defeats Bambi with Sharpshooter. (C+)

- Renee interviews Natalya, who claims what she did on SmackDown was nothing personal against Naomi, she just had to take matters into her own hands as her husband Tyson Kidd had pressured her to do for so long. (B+)

- The Legionnaires (w/Shantellé Bridgetté) defeat Matt's Taven and Taylor. (C+)

- CJ Parker and Mason Ryan come out, with the former looking to sell the Frenchmen on the real threat of global warming that is all over the globe. He vows to help France firsthand after winning Money in the Bank. (B+)

- Ryback defeats Oliver Grey with Shellshocked. (B-)

- Ryback cuts a promo on this upcoming Thursday's SmackDown, where he will be competing against a member of the New Day for an opportunity to qualify for the World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank Ladder Match. He says it doesn't matter how many members of the New Day are in front of him, he wishes it were all 5 as a matter of fact. They would make for a great appetizer before the buffet at Money in the Bank, where he would emerge victorious, one step closer to becoming the World champion. Feed me more! (B+)

Edited by Dawn
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bigelow Cartwheel said:

I'm glad AJ's free. That was uncomfortable reading.  😂  I don't know who Solomon Crowe is but good luck to him!  

Thank you for the comment, Bigelow Cartwheel! Always nice to see new faces reading. I don't know if by uncomfortable you meant the good kind of uncomfortable (where you're on your toes rooting for the good guy that is) but that is definitely the dynamic I was going for with this feud; AJ Lee is the single reason Vince McMahon was forced to retire in this universe (as he always retires early in TEW), so Stephanie will go to insane lengths to rid her company of the plague in her eyes. She's already succeeded at ensuring she'll never challenge for the Divas Championship as long as Kaitlyn is champion - but now that she's out of the mental asylum and free again, you know this feud is about to reach its apex.

Solomon Crowe is Sami Callihan, former Impact World Champion! He had a terrible run in NXT around this time in real life - but I like him well enough that just a short stint in NXT was good before bringing him aboard the main roster! Brian Pillman is my favorite wrestler of all-time so there's never anything as too many lunatics in my roster for me :p his hacker gimmick is something I can work with as you will see soon ;) 

Edited by Dawn
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dawn said:

Thank you for the comment, Bigelow Cartwheel! Always nice to see new faces reading. I don't know if by uncomfortable you meant the good kind of uncomfortable (where you're on your toes rooting for the good guy that is) but that is definitely the dynamic I was going for with this feud; AJ Lee is the single reason Vince McMahon was forced to retire in this universe (as he always retires early in TEW), so Stephanie will go to insane lengths to rid her company of the plague in her eyes. She's already succeeded at ensuring she'll never challenge for the Divas Championship as long as Kaitlyn is champion - but now that she's out of the mental asylum and free again, you know this feud is about to reach its apex.

Solomon Crowe is Sami Callihan, former Impact World Champion! He had a terrible run in NXT around this time in real life - but I like him well enough that just a short stint in NXT was good before bringing him aboard the main roster! Brian Pillman is my favorite wrestler of all-time so there's never anything as too many lunatics in my roster for me :p his hacker gimmick is something I can work with as you will see soon ;) 

It was the 'Eeeek, young woman in a straight jacket with Stephanie McMahon clearly predatory/insane' kind of discomfort but yes at the same time willing her to get out of it.  It was good.  I will be sticking around for the feud.

I don't watch Impact and in fact kind of got lost with wrestling in the early 2000s so there'll be a few names I won't recognise.  Totally agree on the lunatics and Pillman was incredible.  I have Crowbar on my roster as the resident loony but he's not done much yet.

Good luck with the diary.  I'll be back.

• Like 1

wweraw2.png

''No Money in Hell'' 

WWE Monday Night Raw
July 7th, 2014
Von Braun Center in Huntsville, Alabama

Dark Match: Akira Tozawa defeats Matt Taylor with Diving Senton. (C-)

fWxWKjUs.jpgCXHQLnSs.jpg
lXVXxC7s.jpg

A quick recap from the backstage area before Raw comes on the air is shown, where the arriving Triple H and Stephanie McMahon are approached by an aprehensive Seth Rollins. Seth says he has a number of qualms doing this due to the terrible miscalculation from their part on who they chose as their figurehead from The Shield to lead the WWE into the future, but he has to protect the image of The Architect as much as he can. He's not unreasonable quite as Dean Ambrose, he says. Seth mentions how he's got his Money in the Bank qualifying match coming up tonight, but he saw what happened last week with Roman Reigns. 

He says he may have done a miscalculation of his own with the period of time needed for Dean Ambrose to become obsolete, so he offers a moment of truce to the bosses; he wants them to give Ambrose a qualifying match tonight as well. That way, he will get rid of their common threat come Money in the Bank and prove HE was the investment worth spending money on, not that it matters to them any longer. Either way, it's win-win for all sides. They get to tame the savage for a second by giving him a bargaining tool, he gets to keep his eyes on Dean Ambrose instead of potentially being ambushed during the match, Hunter and Stephanie get to run the rest of the show with a clear mind as well with no worries about the loose cannon. 

Hunter and Stephanie stare at one another in deliberation, but Stephanie ends up conceding, stating it's Seth's funeral; she's got other business to take care of tonight. This leads us right into the Von Braun Center where we are now live for Seth Rollins' qualifying match! 

Match #1 (WWE Championship Money in the Bank Ladder Match Qualifier)
Seth Rollins defeats Alex Riley (w/Courtney Taylor) with Curb Stomp.

Time: 13:11

yxis5BNs.jpgmGZTIcAs.jpg

Backstage, ''The Professor'' Matt Striker conducts an interview with one of eight men who will be competing for the WWE Championship at Money in the Bank, two-time MITB winner CM Punk! Striker asks Punk if his strategy will deviate in any form from his previous victories in the matchup considering the field is certainly the most star studded he's ever encountered in an 8-man Ladder match. Punk says not really; it is true that his opponents had all won world championships in the past or currently apart from Curtis Axel, but no matter what, he'd enter that match still the best wrestler in the ring and the most successful in that type of match. He says it seems everyone has a prior preoccupation heading into Money in the Bank, but his Straight Edge lifestyle hands him perks such as aiding him with heading clearminded into the Forum. 

1Q7Zpjss.jpg

From behind appears a disgusted looking Chris Jericho, the former rivals jawing at one another for a moment. Jericho tells Punk that he may as well add a preoccupation of his own in the form of the actual best wrestler in the world who will be winning the Money in the Bank briefcase earlier that night and cashing it in on the winner of the WWE Championship Ladder match that same night. And that will be him, the creator of the match, who's gotten sick and tired of being shoved aside when it comes to naming favorites be it by the parasitic analysts or the moronic fans. He tells Punk that no matter if it is him or anyone else who retrieves the WWE Championship, they will be a paper champion just holding onto HIS championship before he marches down the aisle with a referee to reclaim his spot as the one and only leader of this industry, do you understand what he is saying now?

Punk retorts with a smirk at Jericho, telling him no matter what sides of the spectrum the two find themselves into in the last few years, he's always been the one with the upper hand. And right now? That is no different.

Match #2 (WWE Championship Money in the Bank Ladder Match Qualifier)
Heath Slater (w/Brad Maddox) defeats Jack Evans with Smash Hit.

Time: 9:49

Slater is met by Matt Striker again backstage, who asks The One Man Band if being the darkhorse will provide him an advantage heading into Money in the Bank. Slater says that the One Man Band is no darkhorse, he is the ONLY horse, the favorite! He suggests that all the Tampa ladies step up to the line for a hot night with the One Man Band, as the drinks will be all on him once he retrieves that briefcase, baybay!

QVOX1nDs.jpg

Another interruption occurs, this time in the form of Slater's former NXT Pro Christian! The two share an awkward stare for a moment, before Christian gives Slater credit where credit is due. He says that his former rookie has come a long way in four years, and it would be a shame to waste the biggest opportunity of his career a week from Sunday. But he still had a lot to learn, and he knew nowhere near enough in order to hang with the Ladder match veterans. He says he was just like Slater when he was younger, but advises that Slater should worry less about the partying and more about scouting. Then he will not need to depend on others to achieve his major victories, only on his own ingenuity. He will find even more success and maybe even some Peeps will find themselves flocking over to his side. Christian taps Slater on the shoulder, before departing, leaving the latter pensive.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

O8JEK8Bs.jpgLrf0bUNs.jpg

Elsewhere, Austin Aries paces himself back and forth as he tries to arrange a meeting with Hunter and Stephanie, citing ''urgent matters''. However, Derrick Bateman, who has been left to guard their office, informs him that they will not be accepting him inside at the moment. Aries questions this insult to the most talented man in the company, but Bateman simply rebuffs that claim. He says Aries' chances to qualify for a Money in the Bank Ladder Match have run dry, and he would be forced to sit on the sidelines for this one. 

Aries says Bateman is awfully blunt for someone who also lost his match the previous week, but Bateman says he holds full belief in himself that he'll rebound, and so does the McMahon-Helmsley regime; whereas, Aries has shown himself to be on a downward spiral recently, so finding him a place on the card has no longer become a priority. Aries looks very insulted at Bateman's words and stepping up to him, and tells him they will regret not allowing him inside.

Match #3
Rusev (w/Lana) defeats Joe Gacy with The Accolade.

Rating: C-
Time: 0:45

After another traditional anti-American promo from the Russian power couple, Lana denounces the United States Champion The Miz as weak and a prime representative as to the pathetic Americans in attendance and all over this country. She says that Rusev made quick and easy work of him last week, and next time the two meet, Rusev would like to challenge him for his championship in order to expose each and every single American in his company as puny and insignificant compared to the mighty Rusev. 

She says a man named Alberto Del Rio brought an excellent idea to the table earlier this year, and that once Rusev got his hands on the United States Championship, he would put that idea to good use. She says Alberto Del Rio was wise, but weak. The Hero of the Russian Federation, Rusev, is not weak. He will CRUSH the competition, no matter how many filthy Americans this company tries to send his way. Rusev now has his sights set on that particular championship, and once he won it, he would effectively retire it by throwing it in the garbage where it belongs. After that, Rusev would make the great Russian Federation proud by bringing back the once prestigious European Championship. A team of soldiers with Russian military outfits brings by the covered title, the proud duo of Rusev and Lana staring at it with cocky smiles on their faces.

gEj9bzls.jpg

However, they are interrupted by Miz's partner in John Morrison! Morrison attempts to charge at Rusev, and is able to ground him for a moment, but as he sets up Starship Pain, Lana pulls her man to the outside and saves him. JoMo says that they messed with the wrong guy when they targeted Miz, and he may not be here tonight due to his injuries, but next week, they would get his answer firsthand as The Dirt Sheet will unleash hell on their sorry asses!

pwpXc4Y.jpg

ywpPYfCs.jpg

Serena comes to the ring and issues an open challenge next, still trying to ''find her new place in the world''.

q7A1mJUs.jpg

AJ Lee answers, free from the pursuit of Dr. Cortex's orderlies at least for now, as Cole is notified they are still busy dealing with Solomon Crowe.

Match #4
AJ Lee defeats Serena with Black Widow.

Time: 9:46

AJ picks up a mic after the match, saying she has no idea why Solomon Crowe decided to help her last week, but that it didn't matter. She says freedom never felt so good, after months on the shelf due to being backstabbed by her former best friend and the bitch daughter of the boss who has greatly overstayed her welcome as a figure of prominence in this company. She says it's about time someone remodeled Stephanie's face, and she would gladly volunteer to be the one to do it; it was a long time coming, after all.

CXHQLnSs.jpg

The Billion Dollar Princess herself in Stephanie McMahon makes her way to the ring after that, looking irate that AJ is allowed to waltz around in her shows. She says it seems as if getting rid of AJ was much easier said than done after all. She had left the Solomon Crowe affair to be dealt entirely by Dr. Cortex, but this still left AJ a free woman, and this was something she was not fond of in the slightest. Stephanie says her father couldn't do it, Kaitlyn couldn't do it, Dr. Cortex couldn't do it. It was time she took matters into her own hands with AJ Lee.

vT881LBs.jpg

After a tense staredown between the two, they are interrupted by the theme song of Becky Lynch, who claims AJ hasn't been the only woman screwed by Stephanie in recent memory; she hadn't forgot about being walloped by Kharma at Over the Limit, nor had she given up on her quest to be the woman to do what AJ couldn't and put the championship back in the waist of a woman with some balls. Becky says before that, though, she would like the big bad bitch to come out from the dollhouse and meet her upfront so the two could arrange for a jumbo sized lass kicking.

axxlWzws.jpg

Stephanie turns to insulting Becky and demanding she turn back to the locker room, bringing the defiant Irishwoman to instead close in on Steph, finding herself circled by Becky and AJ; the two proceed to put the fists to the boss, before the Divas Champion Kaitlyn comes to her rescue! BUT, she inadvertedly hits Stephanie with the Spear instead! A shocked Kaitlyn rises, only to be met by a douple Bexploder from her two rivals! The two then stare in trepidation at one another, not letting their guard down, but for now, they've gained the upper hand on the two women that have terrorized the division for so long.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

ZadHrcIs.jpg

Bo Dallas heads to the ring, all smiles as usual. He cuts a promo on how he BOlieves he's the odds-on favorite to win the Money in the Bank Ladder Match after his qualifying match next; the rest of the field would come just short, but there's always next year. All they had to do, was BOlieve!

x5M83Tbs.jpg

Dean Ambrose's new theme song then plays, and the lunatic sprints to the ring, having apparently been given the hesitant ok from the higher-ups for a qualifying match. Ambrose charges at Bo with a flurry of punches, starting their matchup in an impromptu manner!

Match #5 (WWE Championship Money in the Bank Ladder Match Qualifier)
Dean Ambrose defeats Bo Dallas with Dirty Deeds.

Time: 8:22

The announcers then recap that the field is now set for the WWE Championship Money in the Bank Ladder Match. It will be Ambrose, Slater, Rollins, Morrison, Jericho, Christian, Parker and Cesaro vying for the red contract!

Ambrose then cuts a promo on how sweet his moment's retaliation was the previous week, but he was nowhere near done with his ultimate goal. Roman Reigns would need to wait until when he'd decide to show his wounded carcass back into the hunting grounds again; as for the other traitor in Seth Rollins, he had exactly 13 days before he would become the big game he'd hunt down until extinction. He says that Rollins committed the worst mistake of his career suggesting that the two being in the same match would be any sort of advantage for his former brother; if anything, he would enjoy it even more to crack Rollins' nose on each and every Ladder rung available at his disposal, before climbing the stairway bathed with Rollins' blood to the briefcase and glory. 

''13 days, brother.''

B96kR5P.jpg
MAIN EVENT
W0bgEXEs.jpgX2t6LxVs.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpgY7TEwCis.jpg8HZkzOos.jpg

i84qvLQs.jpg IORme3fs.jpg
The Usos (c) (w/Naomi) defeat The Legionnaires (w/Shantellé Bridgetté) with Alley-Us on LeFort to retain the WWE World Tag Team Championship.

Time: 11:36

tenor_1.gif

The Wyatt Family then circles The Usos in the ring, but a cackling Bray Wyatt, in his rocking chair, guarantees to them that no harm will come their way tonight. However, he can't provide such a guarantee for 13 days from tonight. He says that his brothers had at last gotten sick of the fun and mind games; ruin would befall The Usos on their terms, on a night where the world will receive the message he has held in his heart for centuries. It would be fitting for his brothers to share similar success as he does on the very same night as the first arrangement for their reclamation of control in this poisoned world takes place. Bray advises The Usos to do one thing and one thing only...RUN.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

whjaON9s.jpg
s2TNHZ5s.jpgmGZTIcAs.jpgCsKwvg6s.jpg4VVp5Uus.jpg
dt78SrVs.jpg4iWvh7es.jpgDtLOQtms.jpg

Renee Young interviews seven of the eight in the WWE Championship Ladder Match inside the ring, including late addition Curtis Axel and missing only Kane. All of them bring forth points as to why they should be considered the favorite headed into the match, but the major theme is that of Axel being overshadowed and underestimated by his decorated opposition, be it friend or foe. John Cena admires the way in which Axel entered the match, stating that it required guts and he had done similar to find such opportunities when he came into this company. But it would be all for naught, as no quest heading into the event was stronger than his to reclaim the WWE Championship, cementing his departure from the worst stretch of his career as he planned on bringing the gold with him to his clash with The Undertaker at WrestleMania 31.

3Pw84FLs.jpg

The red flames and pyro then boom at the arena, with Kane appearing at the titantron in a boiler room of sorts, cackling uncontrollably. Kane says John Cena will not be the man to end The Streak in his current state, and he would not succeed at the Ladder Match either. Kane says that at Money in the Bank, he will personally ensure that Cena be dragged right down to hell with him where he would finally...embrace the hate. And if anyone dared stand on his way, the flames of hell would too engulf them and send them to live in eternal damnation.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

XVxPw8P.jpg

NXT
July 9th, 2014
Rating: C

- Marshall Von Erich (w/Lacey Von Erich) defeats Adam Mercer with Iron Claw. (D)

- The NXT Tag Team Champions Konnor and Viktor of The Ascension cut a promo on how the array of recent arrivals has disturbed the status quo they've worked so dilligently to build. But that would prove to be a short lived imbalance, as all would be sent straight down to the Wasteland. (C)

- Brodus Clay defeats Dakota Darsow with a running splash. (C)

- Baron Corbin is seen scouting Brodus at the top of the stage after the match, Brodus inviting the Lone Wolf to join him in the ring. Corbin gives him a smirk, before leaving altogether. (C+)

- JoJo interviews ''Cowboy'' James Storm, who challenges Tyler Breeze to man up and meet him face to face next week in the ring, instead of trying to gain the upper hand on him from behind as he's done every single week. (B+)

- Charlotte (w/Ric Flair) defeats Maryse (w/Sasha Banks) with Natural Selection. The field is now set as Emma will defend the NXT Women's Championship against Bayley, Charlotte and Sasha Banks at NXT Takeover: Fatal 4-Way! (D+)

- After the match, Sasha helps her fellow BFF to her feet...before laying her out with a Backstabber! Sasha locks Maryse in the Bank Statement until the veteran passes out and is forced to be helped out by the medical staff, Sasha claiming that Maryse is just too small a fish for the boss to partner up with any longer. (B)

WWE.com:

WWE has come to terms on the release of Alberto Del Rio. WWE wishes him all the best in his future endeavors.

Edited by Dawn

smackdown1.png

''World Class Athlete''

July 10th, 2014
Warren McGuirk Alumni Stadium in Hadley, Massachusetts

Dark Match: Corey Graves defeats Yoshi Tatsu with Lucky 13. (C+)

Match #1 (World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank Ladder Match Qualifier)
Fandango (w/Summer Rae) defeats Xavier Woods with a sudden counter to Lost in the Woods leading into Last Dance. This was all preceeded by a distraction from Dolph Ziggler.

Time: 9:54

The incensed group of The New Day gives chase to Dolph Ziggler in the back following orders from Woods, and it is seen that the four men lay waste to the former world champion, leaving him in a heap to be treated by EMTs! Josh mentions how badly Ziggler has been targeted by members of The New Day this year, having missed months of his career already, could this mean even more misfortune for the Show-Off?

pwpXc4Y.jpg

whjaON9s.jpgfXHuI9As.jpggbUygG2s.jpg

Elsewhere, Renee Young is with the one man who benefitted from the previous events in Fandango! Renee asks the Honorable One how does it feel to have made it into the biggest opportunity of his career. Fandango says that hard work pays off, be it mental or physical. He would feed off the energy of the Fandangoers come Money in the Bank, retrieve that contract and serve as an example to all around the globe that his manner of soul searching is the most successful form of personal revival.

Match #2 (World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank Ladder Match Qualifier)
Kofi Kingston defeats Alex Shelley with Trouble in Paradise.

Time: 16:29

eL9SjHas.jpgctBUrSZs.jpgh7g2FRMs.jpg

Backstage, Drew McIntyre meets his previous week's tag team partner in Tyson Kidd, alongside wife Natalya. McIntyre informs Kidd that last week was a mere business formality, and while they were successful, he would not pursue to continue an alliance with him. At Money in the Bank, the Chosen One would fulfill the prophecy that had been foretold the second he came into this company, and if Kidd dared attempt to deny him that, the only fact would be that Kidd would be forced to be cared to by his wife the rest of his life, as he'd be leaving Money in the Bank in a catatonic state.

B74943M.jpg
Match #3
Samoa Joe (c) defeats Primo with Coquina Clutch to retain the TV Championship.

Time: 4:46

whjaON9s.jpg4iWvh7es.jpg
Pdej77Is.jpg

Backstage, Renee Young interviews Rey Mysterio on his chances to win the WWE Championship Ladder Match a week from Sunday. Mysterio simply stares at the mask Sin Cara gave him the past week that is right on his hand, before he is interrupted by the victorious TV Champion in Samoa Joe. Joe denounces Renee, stating he should be the one being interviewed right now, and not a man living in past name recognition such as Rey Mysterio. He says all the Rey Mysterio fans were still living in a fantasy world where their superhero inspiration could defeat any Goliath that stood in his path, but uncle Joe was now around to shunt everyone back down to reality. And reality was: Rey Mysterio was a complete and utter shell of his former self, who had no capability to return to his former glory. And if he wanted a taste of the best around in order to try and prove himself again? He'd gladly put him out of commission in the Coquina Clutch.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

tf7efyUs.jpgk7FFoCUs.jpg

Chavo Guerrero and Vickie Guerrero are then shown discussing strategy in the back, Vickie noting how Cruiserweight Champion Alex Shelley is at his most vulnerable ever, and Chavo asking her how she can't find him another opportunity. Vickie says even as the main Cruiserweight talent manager on the brand, The Rock still has more power and he has his own idea on the next marquee matchup for the Cruiserweight Championship, so her hands were tied with the matters at hand. However, she does guarantee to Chavo that when it came to giving him a shot on proving his worth in the ring once again, she had that matter covered.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

k9uGTVis.jpgP3dF6XNs.jpg
dt78SrVs.jpg

Elsewhere in the back, The International Dragons are near catering with Gabriel and Steamboat discussing their loss from the previous week, the veteran Gabriel pointing out the mistakes they committed. The two are interrupted by Randy Orton, who points out how cute this meeting is. He asks what exactly the two men have done in this business to imagine they have any relevancy in order to receive as many opportunities as they do in this brand. He asks Gabriel if anyone even remembers he's a two-time Intercontinental Champion with how irrelevant he's made himself recently, and that his protege should be ashamed of himself, for at his age, Orton was already a multi-time world champion. Pointing out the mistakes they committed does absolutely nothing to cover up the fact that Richie Steamboat is plain and simple not good enough to cut it in the WWE, and he never will be. But he would have a prime time seat a week from Sunday where a real generational talent got to reclaim the WWE Championship to continue tacking onto his legacy while theirs faltered.

Match #4 (World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank Ladder Match Qualifier)
Elijah Burke defeats Zack Ryder with Elijah Experience.

Time: 11:34

Backstage, Ryder is seen livid at his latest loss, with Burke having cut corners and gone low at multiple times during the match while Long Island Iced Z chose to stay in the fans side once again. Trent Barreta, Curt Hawkins and Alex Riley are seen reunited and awaiting for his arrival, the latter saying it's about time the Broski chose which pathway to go in the crossroads.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Next week on SmackDown: WWE Hall of Famer and first-ever Money in the Bank winner Edge returns to host The Cutting Edge with the eight World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank participants!

MAIN EVENT
World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank Ladder Match Qualifier

gtQb1Hss.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpgVwqw6yVs.jpg
Ryback defeats Big E with Shellshocked after a distraction from Dolph Ziggler, much like the earlier qualifier for The New Day's Xavier Woods during the night.

Time: 11:39

Ryback then helps Ziggler fend off The New Day, with the injured Show-Off having helped keep three out of five members of the group from competing in the big Money in the Bank Ladder Match!

pwpXc4Y.jpg

wFNfayTs.jpg
dNxJwAXs.jpgIIkGFWCs.jpgl2Gn2M3s.jpgBpffGQms.jpgVFChKOEs.jpg

It is then time for the World Heavyweight Championship Match Contract Signing between champion Daniel Bryan and challenger Wade Barrett, alongside the latter's insurance policy in The KoW. Bryan's arguments center on the fact ever since he came into the WWE, he has been doubted as nothing more than an underdog that doesn't belong, and that includes by Barrett as the two were on completely opposite ends of the competition in the first season of NXT. Barrett does acknowledge Bryan has greatly improved as a competitor since then, but he quite simply did not possess the skillset necessary in order to prevent the Barrett Barrage from taking over; at King of the Ring, it had been a mere delay of a formality and Bryan had not succeeded in defeating him. At Money in the Bank, Wade Barrett would finally reach the levels of success his career had been leading to up to that point, such a level only reserved to a world class athlete like himself, that of the franchise player of this company.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

0QHbFmA.jpg

WWE Sunday Night Heat
July 13th, 2014

- Austin Aries defeats Shark Boy with Brainbuster. (B-)

- Aries cuts a promo on the injustices being committed against him by The Conspiracy, and how he would not allow that to go by without taking action. (B)

- The International Dragons defeat The Colony with Flying Crossbody by Steamboat on deviANT. (B-)

- Gabriel then defends the honor of both himself and his protege following the personal attack by Randy Orton on both of them this past Thursday on SmackDown. (B-)

- Summer Rae defeats Bambi with Last Day of Summer. (D+)

- Another vignette hyping the return of Edge this coming Thursday on SmackDown is shown! (B)

- The New Day (Big E, Mark Henry & Xavier Woods) (w/Burke and Kingston) defeats Primo, Shannon Moore & Yoshi Tatsu with Big Ending by Big E on Moore. (B-)

- The New Day as a whole then cuts a promo on how they were as united as ever even if they'd be forced to be fragmented heading into Money in the Bank; Elijah Burke or Kofi Kingston, either fit the mold to lead the WWE into the right way around, and they would succeed in claiming the briefcase next Sunday. (B+)

Edited by Dawn
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: imgur has decided to start crashing my browser for whatever reason, so bear with me as I manually edit the images into this show. Sorry, guys!

wweraw2.png

''Embrace the Money'' 

WWE Monday Night Raw
July 14th, 2014
Von Braun Center in Huntsville, Alabama

Dark Match: Hunico defeats Richie Steamboat with Falling Star. (B-)

Raw opens up with the seven out of the eight members of the WWE Championship Money in the Bank Ladder Match sitting down atop Ladders, as the briefcase is shown hanging above the ring. The eighth man joins the party as we come in, that being Dean Ambrose, fists cocked and ready for a fight. The eight men stake their claim for the briefcase this Sunday, with Ambrose and Rollins eyeing one another most of the time, shit coming very close to hitting the fan. In the end, Heath Slater proceeds to greatly annoy his opposition with his antics, leading to the seven men converging for a moment and pushing him off of the Ladder and to the outside. Ambrose and Rollins then immediately come into blows, leading to everyone joining in on the brawl! 

Triple H stops them with the barrage of security that had been hired for Roman Reigns, and says that tonight, all eight men will compete in one-on-one matches against one another to quench their thirst until this Sunday.

Match #1
Seth Rollins defeats Cesaro with Curb Stomp.

Time: 19:47

gEj9bzls.jpgrOV73kws.jpg

The usually all jokes duo of U.S. Champion The Miz and Intercontinental Champion John Morrison is all business on the latest edition of The Dirt Sheet, Miz still feeling the effects from the ambush he suffered at the hands of Rusev two weeks prior not being anywhere near 100%. And their guest tonight is indeed the so-called Hero of the Russian Federation, alongside ''The Ravishing Russian'' Lana.

TpSqFAIs.jpgNrVqgRus.jpg

Lana warns the two to tread carefully and cut to the chase, as Rusev is not amused by the fact he was invited to this this silly american talk show with two men who are not anywhere even near his league; the only thing that mattered was that Miz held the championship that Rusev sought to conquer and retire in order to showcase how insignificant America is as a whole compared to the super athlete. She again extends the challenge for Miz to step up to the plate against Rusev at Money in the Bank, for the United States Championship.

Miz says he's been too much of a coward in the past. In fact, he had been the one carrying out sneak attacks much of his career. But now, he would man up for a duty he had to carry out for his country, and he would not back down from that. At Money in the Bank, Rusev would get his match; and he would find out firsthand that, banged up or not, he was still the most must-see superstar in this company, and he had more than enough to rise to the occasion and save the championship that has meant so much to his career.

Match #2
Christian defeats CJ Parker (w/Mason Ryan) with Killswitch.

Time: 12:29

yxis5BNs.jpgO8JEK8Bs.jpg

Backstage, ''The Professor'' Matt Striker interviews Austin Aries, who claims he has ''found'' some major piece of evidence that will rock the brass of the WWE; confidential evidence that had been tampered with years ago. He says next week, he would make it all public, so for all watching at home, you will not want to miss The Greatest Show on Earth from The Greatest Man That Ever Lived.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

CXHQLnSs.jpgaxxlWzws.jpg

Elsewhere, Stephanie McMahon is seen watching the previous interview and growing increasingly worried. Divas Champion Kaitlyn joins her, telling her not to bother with the empty threats and promises of inferior talent and instead focus on their vacation to Miami Beach this weekend. Steph asks her if those empty promises would be such as that her champion would have her back at all moments, something that did not happen the previous week. She tells Kaitlyn maybe she's getting rusty with all the rest that's been provided to her, and it was time there was a re-vote of confidence on her value in the ring as well. So this Sunday, Kaitlyn would not be in Miami Beach; she would be in Tampa Bay at Money in the Bank to prove her worth to the boss again, defending her Divas Championship in a Triple Threat Match against Naomi and Natalya! Steph then departs, leaving a shocked Kaitlyn behind.

q7A1mJUs.jpg

Then, in the ring, AJ Lee has a microphone in hand, and she mentions how the entire locker room was watching that Austin Aries interview. She wonders if it could be something about Stephanie McMahon having been a bastard all along...leading Steph to join her and demand she shuts her mouth and remove any mention of her family before she breaks every scrawny little bone in her body. Stephanie says a cease and desist order has been sent to Austin Aries, and heavy punishment will be handed out to him if he dares step over the line next week on Raw. As for AJ? It was about time she got rid of the pest that ruined her family's legacy once and for all, and she would do it in the ring, where she would impose her will and end AJ's career. 

She says in a little less than 6 weeks at SummerSlam, it would be Stephanie McMahon vs. AJ Lee, one-on-one, the final chapter of this story. No outside help, or anything of the sort; she would deal with her problem as she should have a long time ago. AJ is all smiles, saying this is what she had always wanted...to step into the ring with Miss Bonesaw McGraw herself, Stephanie Savage. With that, AJ playfully skips out of the ring, leaving Stephanie fuming.

Match #3
Dean Ambrose defeats Heath Slater (w/Brad Maddox) with Dirty Deeds.

Time: 7:05

yxis5BNs.jpgW0bgEXEs.jpgX2t6LxVs.jpg

Matt Striker interviews the WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos, who admit the odds are stacked against them this Sunday against The Wyatt Family. Hell, maybe Harper and Rowan would have won their previous encounter if they didn't decide to keep this cat and mouse game going on purpose. But they were greatly mistaken if they expected the champs not to adapt based on that match and bring by the fire of Samoa to the ring with them. It would be a war at Money in the Bank, and the Wyatts would have to pull the trigger this time to end it there.

MAIN EVENT
1Q7Zpjss.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpggEj9bzls.jpg

John Morrison (c) defeats Chris Jericho by DQ after a Machka Kick by Rusev. Morrison retains the WWE Intercontinental Championship.

Time: 18:10
OOC: Good lord the matches in this show SUCKED

Rusev then looks to lock Morrison in The Accolade, no complaints from Jericho about it. However, The Miz comes in from behind and jacks the brute from behind with Skull Crushing Finale! Lana helps pull her man to the outside before more damage can be done, but even as Miz stands tall and helps Morrison back up, the caveat to it is that Lana shouts at him that he is still just a spineless backstabber who will be CRUSHED this Sunday!

pwpXc4Y.jpg

4VVp5Uus.jpg

Back in the ring, John Cena cuts a promo on how Kane has suddenly decided to target him and force him to embrace the hate again. He says it wasn't his choice to be handpicked as The Undertaker's next opponent at WrestleMania, he had earned that privilege with his history as a competitor and he was humbled by that; he does acknowledge that Undertaker's intentions were likely not to humble him, but that he would not become just another soul in The Deadman's collection that easily. As for Kane? He's always had more than a few screws loose, but now he had publicly made it clear he was not seeking to win the WWE Championship this Sunday, instead only to impede Cena. Well, to hell and back the two would go, but he would find a way to leave the Forum on his own two feet and once again be able to claim that THE CHAMP IS HERE!

3Pw84FLs.jpg

The boom and red light bath signifies the arrival of Kane, who meets Cena head on with a flurry of punches, culminating in an earth shattering Chokeslam! Kane then carries Cena's lifeless body to the top of the stage, looking to do to him what he did to his best friend in Zack Ryder a couple of years prior! 

s2TNHZ5s.jpg

But this time, there is cavalry to save John Cena, in the form of WWE Champion AJ Styles! The Phenomenal One forces Kane to retreat from below the right side of the stage, leading for the champion to make a leap of faith and knock Kane out with Phenomenal Forearm from the top of the stage! Will AJ's reign survive its biggest threat yet this Sunday at Money in the Bank?

pwpXc4Y.jpg

XVxPw8P.jpg

NXT
July 16th, 2014

- Alexa Bliss defeats Peyton Royce with Sparkle Splash. (C-)

- After another confrontation with mixed feelings between Alexa and former contender Melissa, NXT General Manager William Regal then comes out to announce that if the two ladies couldn't coexist as friends, then they would settle their differences in the ring in two weeks on NXT! (B-)

- Baron Corbin defeats Briley Pierce with End of Days. (D)

- The Winter is Coming vignette is shown again as Ember Moon awaits her opponent in the ring, revealing the person behind them to be a returning, more muscular looking Katie Lea! (D+)

- Katie Lea defeats Ember Moon (w/Skyler Moon) with The Winds of Winter. (D+)

- Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady hype the fact that next week, sweet Carmella will show she's got the gift of fab and the gift of jab when she makes her in-ring debut on NXT! (C)

- Finn Bálor & Hideo Itami defeat The Vaudevillains with Coup de Grace by Bálor on Gotch. (C)

- William Regal then announces that at September's NXT Takeover: Fatal 4-Way, Bálor and Itami would be the latest challengers for The Ascension and the NXT Tag Team Championship! (B+)

Edited by Dawn
  • Like 1

smackdown1.png

''Taking It To The Bank''

July 17th, 2014
American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida

Dark Match: Alicia Fox defeats Bambi with Scissors Kick. (D+)

JK5QWrQs.jpg

SmackDown opens with the return of WWE Hall of Famer, ''The Rated-R Superstar'' Edge! The set for The Cutting Edge has been formed inside the ring, as Edge welcomes his merry band of guests in the form of the men who will be competing in the World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank Match this Sunday! While he has a favorite on his mind for the opposite brand's sponsored match in the form of his brother Christian, he does believe the field is wide open for this one, as someone who's been considered one of the founding fathers for this type of matchup.

The climate is tense inside the ring as all eight men make it there, a lot of history between them. Edge asks each of them what they personally believe makes them the favorite heading into Sunday. Dolph Ziggler notes how he's also a past winner of this kind of match, and that propelled him to one of the greatest World Heavyweight Championship reigns in many years. He had become a constant victim of people such as The New Day since that surge, but it was inevitable that the Show-Off would return to the top of the mountain at some point, and Money in the Bank was the perfect time to start. 

Tyson Kidd says that the fact is, he is the greatest export to come from the famous Hart Dungeon. No one else in this match possesses the rigorous training he went through, no one else has the in-ring excellence that he does. Fandango then bashes Kidd, who is also his one-on-one opponent tonight, on his lack of values and poor treatment of wife Natalya; The Honorable says he has no doubt he can beat all the men in the ring when it comes to a fair fight, and with Ladders involved, it would be an even match.

Ryback says it doesn't matter who tries to stay in front of him come Sunday, if he has to use Ladders or his fists, he had booked himself for a feast in Tampa Bay. Sin Cara says it's about time the International Sensation got to taste gold in the WWE, and his superior aerial attack would put him above the rest of the field on Sunday.

Drew McIntyre bluntly claims it is useless both for him to be in this talk show of a washed up has-been such as Edge, who holds no valuable advice when it comes to the Chosen One in this match, and for all the others to be blabbering about; for they quite simply were not Drew McIntyre, and they would all find out what happens when you try to step in front of a man who is done waiting for the greatness he has been promised all his career. It was about time he took it.

Lastly, Kofi Kingston and Elijah Burke decide not to answer, isntead, the other three members of The New Day appear and threaten to spark a brawl. Edge notes how The Rock has ordered that the three not interfere on Sunday, but Burke notes the cardinal law never states they couldn't deal some damage tonight. Sheriff Rock comes out, and says that The Rock's laws were not made to be nitpicked! The Rock says that if The New Day attack anyone tonight, both Kingston and Burke would be removed from the Money in the Bank Ladder Match!

Match #1
Ryback defeats Elijah Burke due to intentional count-out from The Pope, deciding to reserve his energy for Sunday.

Time: 9:35

whjaON9s.jpgBpffGQms.jpgl2Gn2M3s.jpgVFChKOEs.jpg

Renee interviews The KoW, all three men again endorsing that the Queen's chosen Wade Barrett would walk out of Money in the Bank as the World Heavyweight Champion. Other than that, they were seeking a fight themselves, so they were challenging any three men on the roster to meet them in the ring during the event's Kickoff Show.

Match #2
Kofi Kingston defeats Sin Cara with Trouble in Paradise.

Time: 17:37

4iWvh7es.jpg

With The Rock's law having been laid down earlier, Kingston decides to deal some more damage to Sin Cara by himself, choking him on the middle rope! However, from out of nowhere swings Rey Mysterio with a 619 on Kofi, the legendary mask back on his face! Rey shakes Cara's hand as Kofi retreats, having finally regained his confidence after such a long time.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

EhXalnos.jpguC2II6cs.jpg

(Not sure if injections/needles should be a warning for anyone in here, but I'm adding this anyway just to be sure)

Footage is shown of Dr. Cortex's practice, his orderlies going to work on restraining Solomon Crowe. Dr. Cortex calmly asks him why exactly he decided to meddle in his honest business, and Crowe simply states that ''my kind...all of us must stick together''. Dr. Cortex then grabs an injection of sorts, and demands that Crowe spell out his confession from earlier more clearly so he can provide Stephanie McMahon with the information she needs. Crowe defiantly spits on Dr. Cortex's face, forcing the Doctor to apply the injection, Crowe's agonizing screams being heard. Afterwards, he ends up confessing that he was the one who fed Austin Aries the dossier he currently holds after having hacked his way through the WWE's private system, for no particular reason other than to spark some chaos into this company as it's sorely needed. Cortex thanks Crowe for collaborating with him, but that he could not release Crowe as he would still be with him and his friends for a while. He tells Crowe he will be a major part of his latest set of experiments, not that it was the expected route, but he would do. He would have to, while the major subjects were still yet to be captured. After all...he's being paid for an honest day of work.

The transmission then cuts as the mad doctor closes in for another injection on Crowe.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

whjaON9s.jpgi84qvLQs.jpgh7g2FRMs.jpg

After a moment of chilling silence due to the previous skit, Renee Young interviews the two challengers for the Divas Championship in Naomi and Natalya. Naomi says Natalya made a massive mistake when she decided to use her as a catapult to impress her husband in Tyson Kidd, and that she'd make sure all the generations of her family felt the ass kicking she'll be handed on Sunday, before she wins the Divas Championship as she was supposed to have done weeks ago. Natalya claims it really was nothing personal, but now that she had done what she did, she had finally regained notoriety in the division. So on Sunday, be it Kaitlyn or Naomi or even both, the Sharpshooter would ensure that the Hart Dungeon be proud of its last graduates, as she and her husband would walk out a champion and a Mr. Money in the Bank.

Match #3
Tyson Kidd (w/Natalya) defeats Fandango (w/Summer Rae) with No Kidding.

Time: 12:49

JLdCNSBs.jpgPdej77Is.jpg

The Rock is approached in his office by TV Champion Samoa Joe, asking the Sheriff why he had been forced to sit out the week. Rock says Joe has been a great champion on The Rock's show since the moment he was signed, he had won the King of the Ring and made a mark for himself, but it was quite simply a busy week and The Rock decided to rest The Rock's champions heading into an event where more likely than not, there will be injury casualties. Joe says this is not what he signed up for, he signed up to get his hands dirty in that ring, so if Rock wasn't going to provide him the ways for him to do that, he would have no issue seeking them on his own this Sunday.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

Elsewhere, The Guerreros interrupt an Alex Shelley interview with Renee Young, but before the two men can come into blows, they are instead ambushed by the Blue and Green Stardusts! The Red one is seen cackling and showing them the hand star, and warns them that next week, the Cosmic Key would be within reach!

MAIN EVENT
cdKwK1ns.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpgeL9SjHas.jpg

Dolph Ziggler (w/Torrie Wilson) defeats Drew McIntyre (w/Paul Heyman) by DQ.

Time: 15:49

McIntyre looks to finish the job on Ziggler, but he's bodyblocked by Ryback! This turns into another fracas between all eight of the Money in the Bank participants, one that this time has a clear winner, as McIntyre returns from the backdoor and kicks Ryback's head in, standing tall and pointing at the briefcase with the approval of Paul Heyman.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

wFNfayTs.jpgdNxJwAXs.jpg

We then have one final confrontation before Money in the Bank between World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan and challenger Wade Barrett, this time without The KoW, The Rock or anyone else. Barrett says he approves of his men's decision to issue a challenge at Money in the Bank and showcase that he chose the best in this business to be by his side. Bryan shakes his head, and tells Barrett he's always been one of his toughest opponents, during his entire career. But he's always had this need to lead a group and use the numbers game to his favor, instead of doing what Bryan did and proving himself inside the ring on his own. It was not about charisma or skill, it was about fear. 

Bryan says he knows Barrett has a great fear of not actually being good enough, so this Sunday, if he had intentions of showing otherwise, he would have to show up on his own and endure the masterclass that the champion has prepared. The two had come to a stalemate at the King of the Ring and Bryan's reign had been in jeopardy, it's true. But this Sunday, where there must be a winner, he would feed off of the emotion of the people who have followed him throughout his entire career and KNOW how passionate he is about what he's done his entire life, the people who know when it comes to the art of wrestling, no one does it better than Daniel Bryan! If Barrett could come up with the win on his own even with all that in mind, then maybe he was worth all that stock he puts in himself. If he used The KoW? He was not a worthy opponent after all.

Barrett tells Bryan to stare right in his eyes and tell him if he sees any fear. He says the only man in the ring who has any fear right now is Daniel Bryan himself, as he fully acknowledged how close he was to losing at the King of the Ring. So hell, he would acquiesce to his wishes. There would be no KoW at ringside on Sunday. It would be the Barrett Barrage overwhelming the world champion as he was beaten to a bloody pulp and realized he poked the wrong bear when it comes to questioning his abilities to win the big one. On Sunday, there must be a winner. And that winner will be bad news to the fantasy world Bryan and the fans have been living in since WrestleMania. The world would see proof of what had been showcased ever since the two men got into this company in NXT...and that was, Wade Barrett is a superior competitor than their darling in Daniel Bryan.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

0QHbFmA.jpg

WWE Sunday Night Heat
July 20th, 2014 (Part of the Money in the Bank 2014 Kickoff Show)

- The Legionnaires (w/Shantellé Bridgetté) defeat Colon & Gacy with La Bombe de Legionnaire on Gacy. (C-)

- Randy Orton and Sheamus have a confrontation backstage, this storied rivalry potentially re-heating tonight in the Ladder Match. (B+)

- Akira Tozawa, Lince Dorado, Rich Swann & TJ Perkins defeat Jack Evans, Primo, Shannon Moore & Shark Boy. (C)

- The issue between The Miz and Rusev is recapped. (B+)

- Derrick Bateman defeats Yoshi Tatsu with the One Percenter. (C+)

- Renee interviews Kaitlyn, who ignores the fact Stephanie McMahon even needs to hold another vote of confidence on her. She says that she is the elite of this division, and tonight, she would be right back to the boss' good graces after she defeats Naomi and Natalya. (B+)

- Rob Van Dam defeats Mason Ryan with Five Star Frog Splash. (B)

- Daniel Bryan and Wade Barrett are seen arriving at the Tampa Bay Times Forum; the two men will duke it out for the World Heavyweight Championship tonight, where there must be a winner! (A+)

Edited by Dawn

d7mvr41-ab8d1a25-481b-4fae-90b0-0f596091
WW
WWWWE Money in the Bank 2014 Prediction Key

1. WWE Championship Ladder Match

CM Punk vs. Curtis Axel vs. John Cena vs. Kane vs. Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Sheamus vs. AJ Styles (c)

2. World Heavyweight Championship; There Must Be a Winner
Wade Barrett vs. Daniel Bryan (c)

3. WWE United States Championship
Rusev vs. The Miz (c)

4. WWE World Tag Team Championship
The Wyatt Family (Luke Harper & Erick Rowan) vs. The Usos (c)

5. WWE Divas Championship
Naomi vs. Natalya vs. Kaitlyn (c)

6. Money in the Bank Ladder Match for a WWE Championship Contract
Cesaro vs. Chris Jericho vs. Christian vs. CJ Parker vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Heath Slater vs. John Morrison vs. Seth Rollins

7. Money in the Bank Ladder Match for a World Heavyweight Championship Contract
Dolph Ziggler vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Elijah Burke vs. Fandango vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Ryback vs. Sin Cara vs. Tyson Kidd

BONUS
1. One of the participants of either Money in the Bank Ladder Match will be attacked before the match begins. Who will that be and who will he be replaced by?
2. Will there be any cash-ins?

1. WWE Championship Ladder Match
CM Punk vs. Curtis Axel vs. John Cena vs. Kane vs. Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Sheamus vs. AJ Styles (c)

Rusev vs. The Miz (c)

Cesaro vs. Chris Jericho vs. Christian vs. CJ Parker vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Heath Slater vs. John Morrison vs. Seth Rollins

Dolph Ziggler vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Elijah Burke vs. Fandango vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Ryback vs. Sin Cara vs. Tyson Kidd

BONUS
1. One of the participants of either Money in the Bank Ladder Match will be attacked before the match begins. Who will that be and who will he be replaced by? Dean Ambrose - Kane
2. Will there be any cash-ins? ….. yes?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dawn said:

WW
WWWWE Money in the Bank 2014 Prediction Key

Rusev vs. The Miz (c)

BONUS
1. One of the participants of either Money in the Bank Ladder Match will be attacked before the match begins. Who will that be and who will he be replaced by? Dean Ambrose will be replaced by Roman Reigns
2. Will there be any cash-ins? Yes, Roman Reigns on AJ Styles.

• Like 1

Rusev vs. The Miz (c)

BONUS
1. One of the participants of either Money in the Bank Ladder Match will be attacked before the match begins. Who will that be and who will he be replaced by? Dean Ambrose - Roman Reigns
2. Will there be any cash-ins? No

• Like 1

MONEY IN THE BANK 2014 KICKOFF SHOW

whjaON9s.jpgbqnltQ9s.jpgzMWpmyWs.jpgJK5QWrQs.jpg

The analyst panel welcomes the arriving crowd into Tampa Bay's TB Times Forum! With host Renee Young and mainstay ''The Million Dollar Man'' Ted DiBiase (who makes sure to point out he is all about the money, before letting out his signature evil laugh) are two former Money in the Bank Ladder Match winners in WWE Hall of Famer Edge and Rob Van Dam! Renee recaps that tonight, there will be three key Ladder Matches that odds say will dictate the future of the WWE, as only two men have failed to win championships upon cashing in the titular briefcase for 9 years. Renee asks Edge if the reason as to that is just champions finally adapting to the strategy of briefcase holders, keeping it in mind that the two failed cash-ins occurred in the past couple of years. Edge says that is a great point, but at the same time, it's mostly about the context. He says John Cena, much like RVD, took a major risk with pre-announcing his cash-in, as the element of surprise is half of the work. And when it comes to Curtis Axel, it was just plain bad luck the previous year. Edge says he doesn't believe failed cash-ins will become the norm; it's true, champions might have begun adapting, but now the future briefcase holders will also have learned from Cena and Axel's failures.

Renee asks RVD how overmatched Axel is tonight as the only man in the main event Ladder Match who has never held a world championship in his career. RVD says he sees great things in Curtis Axel, be it tonight or in the future, but that it was truly wide open as to who could come out of this arena as the WWE Champion; he doesn't even know if that would be precisely someone who is in that match, due to the fact it is a prime opportunity for a cash-in afterwards. Lastly, she asks The Million Dollar Man who his picks to win the three matches are. MDM says Drew McIntyre would be a great investment, and he has to go with the experience of Chris Jericho on the other side. As for the main event, he's seen Randy Orton slither his way to unexpected victories time and time again. Renee then sends us off to the ring for the first of two open challenge matches in the Kickoff Show!

The KoW's open challenge!

BpffGQms.jpgl2Gn2M3s.jpgVFChKOEs.jpg

The KoW enters the ring for their open challenge, daring any three men to step into their sacred ring and be the victims of their excellence in wrestling. The challenge is answered by Curt Hawkins and Trent Barreta, joined by...Alex Riley! This tentative alliance is now official, and they have picked up a big fight for their first night together!

vrHAHnus.jpgzv7PcD9s.jpgT7shL5zs.jpg

Alex Riley, Curt Hawkins & Trent Barreta vs. The KoW

The KoW were at a clear advantage with experience wrestling together in this one, as they outwrestled all three of their opponents and kept them down on the met for most of the match. Still, it seemed as if a fire had been lit under Riley and The Gatebusters, looking to break through the glass ceiling that had kept them down in the WWE for so long either individually or together. The Wolves had Alex Riley reeling, but then, Eddie Edwards got his leg pulled from outside the ring, leading to Final Score from out of nowhere by Riley and a major, shocking win for the upstarts!

Time: 17:31

6hlXoAXs.jpg

The KoW is left shocked at the conclusion, and so is the audience once they realize the man who interfered is none other than Zack Ryder! Ryder says he's done playing nice; he's not a good or a bad bro, he is the main bro and he will lead the Zack Pack to success being fueled by the strength of all those who stuck with him even during all the years this company tried to force him six feet under!

After that, it is back to the analysts panel, where Renee recaps what happened earlier tonight on Heat!

Pdej77Is.jpg

With that, Renee introduces the panel's guest for the night...only she does not, as they are promptly interrupted by the TV Champion in Samoa Joe. Joe excuses himself into the picture, outright telling Renee he's taking over this show. He says only cowards depend on the Money in the Bank contract in order to become a world champion; once the time came for him to seek such a title, he would arrive, he would kick some ass, he would take. But until then, he would marvel in watching his competition's career expectancy lower significantly here tonight, and he would finish the job for each and every single one of them. Joe says it's about time the fans caught a glimpse of the most dominant champion in this company. He demands and will earn his respect as TV Champion and King of the Ring, so tonight, for the first time ever, he would be defending that very championship on a major event. It was an open challenge, whoever had the guts to meet him one-on-one and make a name for themselves could try and fall short. Joe enters the ring afterwards, where his challenge is answered by former Intercontinental Champion, Justin Gabriel!

B74943M.jpg
k9uGTVis.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpgPdej77Is.jpg
WWE World Television Championship
Justin Gabriel vs. Samoa Joe

Joe's debut had come at the expense of Gabriel's protege in Richie Steamboat earlier in the year, but the former Intercontinental Champion was much more game than the young Dragon. His aerial offensive game took Joe off of his vertical base early on, catching him by surprise. Gabriel made a major mistake in not hurting Joe enough before heading up for 450 Splash, which Joe rolled out of the way of, catching Gabriel from behind with Coquina Clutch. The South African Daredevil tried his best to escape the hold, but eventually submitted as Samoa Joe continued his roll through the WWE.

Time: 9:55

WWE Money in the Bank 2014
July 20th, 2014
Tampa Bay Times Forum in Tampa, Florida
OC: Jim Ross, Michael Cole and Booker T
Meltzer Rating: A

15j47W8s.jpgt6aUyi2s.jpgU8IjCcas.jpg

The fireworks welcome a roaring Tampa crowd to one of the most exciting nights in the WWE calendar year, a night where two men will climb the rungs of glory and earn the Money in the Bank briefcase. A night where the years-long feud between Daniel Bryan and Wade Barrett will come to an end for the World Heavyweight Championship, and a night where AJ Styles must defend the WWE Championship in a Ladder Match against (mostly) a slate of former World Champions.

nKFmeZP.jpg
World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank Ladder Match
cdKwK1ns.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpgeL9SjHas.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpgbqnlkIIs.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpgfXHuI9As.jpg
YhBZpxOs.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpgVwqw6yVs.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpgE4tekSHs.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpgctBUrSZs.jpg

- The first of three Ladder Matches in what promises to be a historic night starts off with a bang as Burke and Kingston look to work together and quickly get rid of the opposition. As they introduce the first Ladder into the mix, however, they are quickly ran over by Ryback. Ryback is dominant in keeping the others out of the ring, until Drew McIntyre comes to blows with him, the two biggest competitors in the match coming to a stalemate. Tyson Kidd looks to climb the Ladder as the two fight, but he gets swatted down and cut down to size with a Meathook Clothesline. 

- Next after Ryback gets knocked down by McIntyre, Sin Cara shows his quickness in avoiding a Ladder charge by Drew, tripping the Scotsman and dropping him with a C-4 on the Ladder. This is followed by Last Dance from Fandango, taking McIntyre out of the match for a moment. Cara and Ziggler trade blows atop the Ladder, both being knocked down by coordinated dropkicks from Burke and Kingston. The two again look to set up a Ladder, but again it is Tyson Kidd to springboard and climb up, being able to kick Burke but Kingston makes the save. Ryback ends up powerbombing Kofi off of the Ladder, bringing us back to square one.

- Burke sets up a Ladder bridge on the outside, being thwarted on whatever his intentions were by Fandango. Burke ends up back body blocking The Honorable on the bridge, before Ziggler hits a superkick that makes Burke stay laid out on the bridge alongside Fandango for the moment. Ziggler climbs as he notices McIntyre is all alone, saving the match and locking the Chosen One in a Sleeper Hold! McIntyre fades out, but ends up leaping backwards, knocking both himself and Ziggler out! 

- Kingston and Sin Cara then trade blows with and without Ladders, Cara ducking Trouble in Paradise and following that up with an enzuiguiri. Cara climbs, but again it is Tyson Kidd playing defense and placing the International Sensation laid down in the middle of the Ladder, Kidd following that up with vicious chair shots to the mid-section of the vulnerable Sin Cara! Kidd drops the Ladder afterwards to hurt Cara even more, bringing a larger Ladder to the ring. Fandango returns to action and saves the match, leading him and Kidd to fight in the outside. It spills to the announce table, where Fandango lays Kidd down, following that up with a massive Last Dance from the top of a Ladder! JR notices how this one felt personal, and that both men would have a hard time returning to action after it.

- It is Elijah Burke to try and take advantage next, and he is right there on the top of the Ladder, briefcase in hand! He is unable to unhook it quickly enough before Ziggler and Ryback both converge to tip the Ladder over, causing Burke to hang precariously on to the briefcase! Ziggler sets down a Ladder, and as Burke loses his grip, he gets caught by Ryback and nailed out with Shellshocked on the Ladder! Ziggler surprises his temporary ally with a Superkick, that is followed by a Diving Hurricanrana by Sin Cara and a massive big boot by McIntyre! The remaining competitors proceed to drop an array of Ladders on top of Ryback to ensure he doesn't get back to his feet, THAT alliance being even shorter than the previous one, as McIntyre and Cara battle inside the ring, the Chosen One preventing Cara from climbing the Ladder and throwing him to the outside, over the top rope and onto the Ladders that are burying Ryback! It is then up to Kingston and Ziggler, who nail McIntyre with a major shot from a Ladder, each man holding it from one side. 

- The two long dated rivals then battle in a tug of war of sorts, with Ziggler ending up the winner, forcing Kofi to rest in the corner. As Ziggler is setting up the Ladder, Kofi rushes up, trying to use the element of surprise, until Ziggler drops him...BUT KOFI LANDS ON HIS FEET AND NAILS DOLPH WITH TROUBLE IN PARADISE WITH THE AID OF THE LADDER! This ends up costing Kofi valuable time as he feels the wounds of war in his leg, the slow climb being torturous, until Burke recovers and starts aiding Kofi up on his shoulders! The audience is taken completely aback as it is RYBACK getting back to his feet even after being buried under the Ladders, hoisting BOTH men on his shoulders and dropping them with an electric chair! The hurting Ryback tries to climb the Ladder, but he is stopped by Ziggler who climbs over him and again puts on the Sleeper Hold! This time as Ryback attempts to counter, Ziggler is able to hold on, and he then elbows the dominant behemoth down and finishes him off with a major kick, being all alone at the top of the ladder!

- BUT DREW MCINTYRE CHUCKS A LADDER AT ZIGGLER'S BACK! From the outside comes Drew McIntyre, rocking Ziggler for enough time that he can climb from the opposite side of the Ladder, and though Ziggler tries one last flurry of punches to stay alive in the match, it only takes one huge headbutt from McIntyre to send the former World Champion packing, down and out. McIntyre is all alone, absolutely no one in sight to save the match this time, ''The Chosen One'' grabs the SmackDown briefcase and unhooks it!

Time: 27:37

The adulation from Paul Heyman ensues as ''The Chosen One'' Drew McIntyre emerges victorious from the battlefield, screaming atop the Ladder as he proudly shows off and clutches his newest acquisition close to his chest after so many failed attempts in the past. Heyman shouts at the camera that it is not a prediction, but a SPOILER, that Drew McIntyre WILL BE a future World Heavyweight Champion!

whjaON9s.jpgCsKwvg6s.jpg

Backstage, Renee Young interviews Curtis Axel, asking him about his mindset heading into tonight's main event Ladder Match for the WWE Championship, where he is seen by most as the underdog even with his past success at Money in the Bank. Axel says he's flown under the radar all his career, and tonight it would be the culmination of his family's legacy. He would dedicate this matchup in specific to his father, who was never able to win the big one in his illustrious career. 

dt78SrVs.jpg

Axel is interrupted by Randy Orton, who downplays the achievements of Axel's family and claims he will do nothing but disappoint them as he's always done tonight. Axel says he's already beaten the head of Evolution in the past, and Orton had always tried to look bigger than him when the two were allies. He says tonight, if it comes down to the two of them, he would make sure that Orton got knocked down a few pegs...and a few rungs. 

mGZTIcAs.jpg

The two are then joined by CM Punk, storied histories between him and the two men. A smirking Punk says that their blowoff sounds like a great idea, and right afterwards, he would be the one to capitalize on the opportunity. The only man to actually win multiple Money in the Bank Ladder Matches, the best wrestler in the world. He is very much cheering for Axel and Orton to beat the hell out of each other while he takes the WWE Championship for himself.

ctYrE17.jpg
i84qvLQs.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpgh7g2FRMs.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpgaxxlWzws.jpg
WWE Divas Championship
Naomi vs. Natalya vs. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn's historic title reign had come to its greatest moments of jeopardy in the past two defenses against Naomi, and now, the extra element of the veteran technician in Natalya added even more tension. Though there was no love lost between the challengers, they did work together early on to take the champion out of the equation for the middle portion of the matchup. Naomi seemed not to be as focused afterwards, trying to punish Natalya for meddling with her business as she took the boots to the Hart Dungeon graduate. As she finally got her head back in the game, it was too little, too late, as Natalya had recovered and the two met in a good mini-match that culminated in Natalya locking in the Sharpshooter. Naomi was on fumes as Natalya did not allow her to reach the ropes, but just as it seemed like Naomi was about to submit, Kaitlyn barged back into the ring with an earth shattering Spear on the vulnerable Natalya! The pinfall was academic, Naomi not in any condition to interrupt it, as Kaitlyn once again escaped a tough title defense with her prized Divas Championship.

Time: 11:45

B96kR5P.jpg
CkTuHF7s.jpgAWeCuYvs.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpgW0bgEXEs.jpgX2t6LxVs.jpg
cHXsaq2s.jpg4kdCIsYs.jpg
WWE World Tag Team Championship
The Wyatt Family (w/Bray Wyatt and Judas Devlin) vs. The Usos

This was round two of the heated standoff between these two teams for the biggest prize of the division in the WWE. The Usos took the fight to their larger opponents early on, trying to overwhelm them with their superior speed. They had major success with that, until Luke Harper took Jey Uso's head off with a big boot, leading to an extended portion of the matchup where the champions were dissected with a sickening display of glee from Harper and Rowan at doing that. It seemed as if The Wyatt Family was on track to an easy win, until Rowan knocked Jimmy Uso out of the ring. Later, Harper hit a massive Discus Clothesline that knocked the wind out of Jey, before he cleverly rolled out of the ring himself. Harper would tag Rowan in to finish the job, and as Rowan placed Jey back in the ring, he was surprised with a quick small package that J.R. was surprised he could pull off! The Usos retain!

Time: 15:49

The replay then shows that The Usos performed some twin magic in the outside while the camera vision could not show where they were lying down at ringside, and the irate Rowan cuts their celebration short by charging at them! The two set Jimmy up for another Discus Clothesline, but Harper ends up hitting Rowan instead, before being hit with a double superkick by the champions! Devlin helps his two brothers out as Bray Wyatt is seen staring with an enigmatic expression on his face, ordering his Family to follow him. He shares one last stare with The Usos, cackling at them as they raise their championships in victory.

whjaON9s.jpggEj9bzls.jpgrOV73kws.jpg

Renee Young interviews The Miz and John Morrison about their matches tonight, the Raw Money in the Bank Ladder Match being next! Morrison says after the Every Night Delight brings the briefcase back to the Palace of Wisdom and Miz does his best Kurt Angle impression, the two would celebrate the 4th of July late with some stars and stripes wearing babes who would place them in their Mount Rushmore after tonight. Be Jealous.

YEr2FW4.jpg
WWE Championship Money in the Bank Ladder Match
oTyZTLrs.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpg1Q7Zpjss.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpgQVOX1nDs.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpggLUcROis.jpg
x5M83Tbs.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpg39PolL6s.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpggEj9bzls.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpglXVXxC7s.jpg

''And from Pineville, West Virginia, weighing in at 216 pounds, he is ''The One Man Band'', HE-''

FROM BEHIND, ROMAN REIGNS!

Bf0EKSTs.jpg

- After a vicious assault from his part as Slater is just heading out of the curtain, Roman Reigns is indeed given Triple H's blessing as the One Man Band's replacement into the match. He makes a beeline for his former Shield brethren in Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins, the brawl between the three a mainstay throughout the matchup. Chris Jericho is the first man to introduce a Ladder into the mix, being swiftly interrupted by former partner Christian and John Morrison. The two men are the first to climb, before Cesaro shows a massive feat of strength by closing the ladder and hoisting both men up high, leaving them hanging on for dear life. He ends up dropping them on opposite ropes. 

- Cesaro then starts utilizing the Ladder in an airplane motion, keeping the opposition at bay for a good minute before Dean Ambrose performs a leap of faith with a diving elbow onto the Ladder, feeling the effects himself afterwards. Ambrose then hits a suicide dive onto Roman Reigns in the outside, and slowly but surely, everyone else gets dragged into the fracas. Everyone, but John Morrison. The Intercontinental Champion, akin to his WrestleMania 24 spot, springboards off of the turnbuckles with an amazing Starship Pain from the ring and onto the sea of superstars!

- Christian and Jericho return to the ring at the same time, reeling from the punishment they've already received, setting up two Ladders inside the ring. They trade blows and Jericho comes up on top of that exchange, though not enough that Christian is able to follow him up top. CJ Parker bridges a Ladder in between one of them, and tries to take advantage of the battling former teammates to quickly grab the briefcase. Christian and Jericho notice this, and work in unison to stop Parker short. Parker stands groggily on the bridge, until Roman Reigns leaps over it, hitting Parker with a massive Spear! While Jericho and Christian are still reeling atop the Ladder, Seth Rollins looks to take advantage, but Dean Ambrose interrupts him with punches and headbutts. Reigns ends up playing interference, throwing both men onto the ropes. Cesaro flies in with an uppercut, ending Reigns' momentum. All the while, Jericho and Christian are still on top of the Ladder on a stalemate.

- Cesaro places the bridge higher up, climbing it for better leverage. He looks to climb over Christian, both men punching Jericho down in the process. Christian and Cesaro then turn the attention to one another on the bridge, Cesaro looking for a Neutralizer! Christian counters, but that ends up giving Cesaro a push to climb the Ladder again, getting a hold of the briefcase, but being unable to hook before Christian grabs him from behind, hooking him for the Killswitch on the bridge! This is then immediately followed by a Phoenix Splash from Seth Rollins, downing both men from the pain for the time being! No one is able to stand at the moment, leading to CJ Parker's bodyguard in Mason Ryan to look and climb the Ladder himself! However, he is interrupted by all three former members of The Shield, who look apprehensive in the moment's alliance, yet are still able to Triple Powerbomb the Welsh powerhouse down and out. This is immediately followed by Ambrose and Rollins getting rid of Roman Reigns, Rollins hitting a superkick before Ambrose hits Dirty Deeds! On the outside, Ambrose and Rollins throw Ladders repeatedly on top of Reigns to try and keep him down, but the former misses The Architect taking this moment of rage to his advantage and rushing back to the ring to climb the Ladder.

- Ambrose follows Rollins up top, stopping him just short. Ambrose climbs the bridged side, and the two end up in a predicament where Rollins has Ambrose below him, and he is back body dropped onto the bridge, bouncing off of it! Ambrose takes a little bit to recompose himself, and he is then met by John Morrison atop the Ladder, the Shaman of Sexy succeeding in kicking Ambrose off and down. Jericho climbs from the same side as Morrison did as the Intercontinental Champion hangs precariously atop the Ladder in its middle, and even as Morrison fights back, Jericho is able to lock in the Walls of Jericho on top of the Ladder! CJ Parker looks to climb behind Jericho's camp of vision, before Cesaro saves the matchup with a huge Ladder shot to Parker's face! Cesaro then pushes off Jericho just as he releases Morrison from the Walls, being all alone again for a moment! But Ambrose is again able to save the match by throwing a Ladder on Cesaro's back, the same move that won Drew McIntyre the previous Money in the Bank match of the night! Ambrose disposes of Cesaro, then climbs and he is all alone...

- ...but then, he realizes that Roman Reigns is stirring. In his blind rage, Ambrose climbs down, and starts raining down punishment on the Shield's traitor once more. Reigns goes low to save himself, giving him precious time to recover. Rollins comes back into the fold at the same moment, and Reigns throws one of the Ladders that the two had used against him right onto them. The two are hurting near the corner of a barricade, Ambrose sporting a crimson mask. Reigns looks downright furious, and as his former teammates get back to their feet, he sprints their way for a massive Spear through the barricade, taking all three men out! Replays show that Rollins ducked the best he could, but JR is still unsure on how that may have helped him avoid any damage.

- It is again up to Christian and Jericho to be on top of the Ladder against one another, and this time, Christian gets the advantage, forcing Jericho down and hanging from one leg in desperation (Come on, there's gotta be one of these when Jericho is in MITB). Christian has the hook, but the match is saved by Cesaro and Morrison, the latter setting up another Ladder besides Vitamin C's. The three men besides Jericho trade blows, until Cesaro ducks a punch from Christian and levels him with an uppercut goodnight that sends Captain Charisma tumbling down. Cesaro and Morrison then fight over the briefcase, until the Intercontinental Champion is able to put Cesaro in a scissors hold while mantaining his grip on the briefcase, choking Cesaro out until he falls. Morrison is all alone, but Jericho is able to make the critical save after returning to his feet on the Ladder, both men now gripping the briefcase...until they lose their balance and fall off at the same time, bringing us back down to square one. 

- After all that, there is only one man stirring, and that is Seth Rollins, who indeed avoided further injury by precariously ducking from the barricade Spear and only suffering collateral damage as opposed to Reigns and Ambrose. The crowd boos as Rollins slowly climbs up...

- ...BAH GAWD, IT'S HEATH SLATER! The One Man Band sprints to the ring on one final jolt of adrenaline after having been unfairly removed from the matchup earlier due to the brutal attack by Roman Reigns, the Tampa crowd flocking to his side! He punches Rollins down a few rungs as the briefcase swings away, but as he is finally able to grab it, it's enough time that Rollins is able to just recover and push the briefcase onto Slater's face, sending him packing amidst a chorus of boos. Rollins grabs the hook, and there is no one to stop him this time...The Architect has backdoored his way into this win.

Rating: A
Time: 22:44

Rollins has no idea where he is as he clutches the Raw Money in the Bank briefcase, falling off of the Ladder as his legs give up on him. The cameras pan out to the crowd, where a gushing Dean Ambrose has finally crawled back to his feet. The look in his face as he realizes who won the match is that of pure hatred, and he looks to give chase to the hurting Roman Reigns while security starts to circle him, Ambrose leaping right onto all of them and Reigns! The brawl goes on to the back until the cameras are unable to catch sight of the two any longer, JR commenting on how the implications from this matchup might be unholy when it comes to the mental state of Dean Ambrose.

H2WQamns.jpg

The three Stardusts again cut a promo from the Wasteland on how this Thursday will be the most important night on the search for the Cosmic Key, and how the fate of the universe is at hand depending on who holds possession of it.

DdJvroh.jpg
NrVqgRus.jpgTpSqFAIs.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpgrOV73kws.jpg
WWE United States Championship
Rusev (w/Lana) vs. The Miz

It had been a bold challenge on the part of the foreign rookie from the start, and with all of Tampa behind him, The Miz took the fight to the undefeated Rusev from the get go even with his weakened condition due to the attack from the brute a few weeks ago. In the early going, though Rusev was able to get a move or two in, it seemed as if Miz really was going to pull off the unthinkable. The Awesome One rattled Rusev with most of his signature maneuvers as Lana screamed in what Booker described as, for the first time, ''fear and doubt'' in her man. Things took a turn for the worse, however, as Rusev countered Skull Crushing Finale by by throwing Miz in front of him, then leveling him with a momentum shifting Machka Kick. There was no hope left for Miz after that, with Rusev slowly but surely pulling the wind off of him with power move after power move. Gasps from the audience followed once the brute locked Miz into The Accolade, where much as everyone he had followed into, he was unable to escape from, losing the most prestigious symbol of patriotism in the WWE to the one man who shouldn't have been allowed to have it.

Time: 7:55

Jubilation from Lana is shown as she joins her victorious client in the ring, hoisting his hand up high in victory as the boom lowers the Russian Flag behind them to nuclear heat from the crowd. Lana screams that tomorrow, they will throw this piece of garbage where it belongs, Rusev looking in disdain at the United States Championship and spitting on it. EMTs arrive to check on Miz's condition, as Lana and Rusev confer with one another. Cole is confused as Lana grabs a chair from the outside, leading Rusev to scare off the EMTs from around Miz and place the chair on his neck, before stepping on it to absolute agony from the Awesome One! At that, Rusev and Lana finally seem satisfied and depart, the EMTs rushing back in as Miz's condition has gone from bad to worse.

It takes a while for the ring to be cleared again, but with the crowd applauding Miz as he's taken out of the ring on a stretcher, the announcers make an uncomfortable segway to a video package detailing the history between Daniel Bryan and Wade Barrett. As we return, it's off to the ring for Lilian Garcia to introduce what promises to be the final match between the two at least for a long while.

B3w6GFk.jpg
IIkGFWCs.jpgdNxJwAXs.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpgwFNfayTs.jpg
World Heavyweight Championship; There Must Be a Winner
Wade Barrett (w/Paul Heyman) vs. Daniel Bryan

Much like their King of the Ring main event in the previous month that had ended in a draw, these two absolutely brought their A game to round two, where it had been decreed no matter what, at least one of them should leave Tampa victorious. Barrett had lost the support of the KoW by his own volition after Bryan dared him to do so, but this didn't seem to faze him in the slightest as he kept up with the fired up World Heavyweight Champion's every move. Barrett looked to win early on with a throwback in the Wasteland, but Bryan would narrowly escape via foot on the bottom rope. As Barrett went for his former finishing move one more time, Bryan was able to counter that into one of HIS former preferred maneuvers in the Guillotine, which he then seamlessly transitioned into Cattle Mutilation. Barrett would suffer in the hold for a while, before getting HIS feet on the ropes and using them as leverage to force both men back, looking to strike with Bullhammer just as Bryan got back to his feet, instead leading straight into the champion's corner backflip into a clothesline, that was countered by one of Barrett's own, both men down to the sound of appreciation from the Tampa crowd.

Both men were running on fumes as Bryan was first to his feet, punishing Barrett with Yes! Kicks. The final one was countered, however, leading into Winds of Change. More counters were at hand as Bryan pulled Barrett down for Yes! Lock as the englishman attempted Bullhammer once again, but he could never get it locked in properly, instead receiving massive elbows to the face from Barrett that made Bryan see red. Barrett brought down the elbow pad for another attempt at the final charged up elbow strike in Bullhammer, this time connecting!

BUT BRYAN FELL OUT OF THE RING WITH THE IMPACT!

Barrett looks absolutely defeated at the sight of Bryan's momentum causing him to stumble and tumble out of the ring, the official Scott Armstrong hesitating to begin the 10-count as the rules do state there must be a singular winner under any circumstances, but ideally decisive ones. 

Barrett is able to drag Bryan's dead weight back into the ring, and the cover leads to a heart stopping nearfall, the fighting champion that is Daniel Bryan just getting his shoulder up! Barrett readies up another Bullhammer...but Bryan ducks on instinct, and Barrett knocks out Scott Armstrong instead! Barrett is incensed, as Paul Heyman smells blood for his client and slides a chair under the bottom rope for Barrett to use and finish the champion off. As Bryan slowly gets back to his feet, Barrett considers it, but his inner conflict looking to prove he IS actually superior than Daniel Bryan ends up the winner, as he throws it out of the ring instead to a shocked expression from Paul Heyman. Barrett looks for another Bullhammer, but Bryan again ducks, this time charging off the ropes for the Busaiku Knee! A new official in Rod Zapata sprints down the aisle and counts the pinfall...

...BUT BARRETT ALSO JUST BARELY KICKS OUT!

The crowd is in absolute disbelief at the blood, sweat and tears these two have left in the ring by that point, barely able to move anymore. As they finally start reacting once again, however, Bryan painfully hooks the crawling Barrett into the Yes! Lock, and even with one last gasp attempt at escaping from it, Barrett eventually gives in and taps out to conclude one more classic match between these two in decisive fashion.

Rating: A (not sure the exact rating yet as I didn't check, but it was better than their KOTR match. Top 3 match of the save and MOTN.)
Time: 23:02

Almost immediately upon the announcement of the match result, Paul Heyman walks out without his client, his mouth agape. Bryan can barely stand as he's handed the World Heavyweight Championship, having survived another grueling war in a long list of great matches he's had for the gold he had sought for so long in order to prove he is the best. The frustration and disbelief in the face of Wade Barrett are apparent, but Bryan decides to extend a hand to his former fellow NXT Rookie, giving him due respect to one phenomenal effort. Barrett looks at the hand for a good minute, but ends up walking away and leaving the ring, looking utterly broken as a result of having been this close once again, but not being able to win the big one in the end.

The crowd erupts in Yes! chants in support of Daniel Bryan. 

Backstage, cameras catch The Miz being stretchered out to the back of an ambulance, where finally, the other two thirds of The Dirt Sheet catch back up to him, the taped up John Morrison begging him to show signs of life as the EMTs respectfully tell him and Becky to back off. The ambulance sets off with Miz, Becky promising to Morrison that she'll snap Lana's arm like a twig if she sees her, and then Rusev's as well for good measure.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

Elsewhere, Derrick Bateman knocks on the door of Austin Aries' locker room, advising him to obey the cease and desist and not do anything illegal tomorrow night on Raw. He says he's on the case now, and he will not allow Aries to tarnish the good name of this company at the expense of his employers, no matter what cost. Aries refuses to answer, leaving Bateman to his own resources in a cellphone, frantically typing to someone.

t09uDV7.jpg
WWE Championship Ladder Match
mGZTIcAs.jpg
PgYxjaZ.jpgCsKwvg6s.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpg4VVp5Uus.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpg3Pw84FLs.jpg
dt78SrVs.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpg4iWvh7es.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpgDtLOQtms.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpgs2TNHZ5s.jpg

- Different from the two previous matches that primarily showcased the athletic ability of the younger stars of the WWE that haven't yet broken through the main event ceiling (among others) with unbelievable spots, this was more of a straightforward spectacle that featured many mini-matches during its formation, including some dream matches that fans are undoubtedly salivating over the prospect of when they should actually happen one-on-one.

- Chief amongst them would be the early standoff between champion AJ Styles and John Cena after the two had cleared the ring from their opponents, though it'd be quickly cut short by Randy Orton and Kane. The latter had his sights set on Cena throughout the entire match, being the main source of saving the match whenever Cena would even think of being alone atop a Ladder. Orton would then get the upper hand early in the match by methodically using the Ladders to his advantage, culminating with a massive scoop slam on CM Punk onto the Ladder. Curtis Axel and Orton then had another first-time minimatch, with both men fighting over a Ladder, leading to a Sheamus Brogue Kick on the Ladder that knocked both men down.

- Sheamus and Mysterio then fought atop the Ladder, Sheamus eventually hoisting Rey up for a potential Celtic Cross, though Rey countered with reverse headbutts, sending Sheamus down. The WWE Champion AJ Styles then came out for the save, running through a leaned Ladder and up onto Rey for a Phenomenal Forearm up top that knocked both men down (Think Shelton Benjamin in 05-esque)! Styles still had the wherewithal to climb the Ladder after that, but the time he took was long enough that John Cena was able to recover and put AJ on his shoulders, looking for AA off of the Ladder. Styles was able to fight out of it, and it would again be Orton and Kane pulling the two down into a midair RKO and a midair Chokeslam respectively. Kane then proceeded to drag Cena all the way to the armored trucks on the stage, the two men eventually finding themselves on top of one of them. Kane looks to hit one more Chokeslam on Cena, but it is swiftly countered into AA on top of the truck, the roof breaking with the combined weight and impact, both men falling into the back of the truck!

- With two down, it was then time for Randy Orton to capitalize and slither his way to the top. Curtis Axel is the one to play defense with a Ladder blow to the Viper's back, leading Axel to bridge the Ladder AJ had used earlier on the pre-set Ladder. Axel climbs on the other side, gaining the advantage on Orton, but he makes the critical mistake of turning his back on the Viper, leading Orton to leap from one side to the other and hit one massive RKO on the bridge, injuring himself as well as a result! The four other men then fight with another Ladder set up in the ring, and one by one they fall until it's all down to Styles and Punk, much like at WrestleMania XXX. Each blow is followed by loud reactions from the crowd, Punk looking to kick AJ off while AJ tries to use his arms. In the end, AJ pulls Punk's arm from a rung, banging his head onto the Ladder repeatedly, until Punk falls down! AJ Styles is all alone atop the Ladder, he's got his WWE Championship!

tenor_1.gif

- As the lights flicker back on, Bray Wyatt is in the ring with the WWE Champion, and he proceeds to just discard the Ladder without a second thought, catching AJ midair and hitting Sister Abigail! Harper, Rowan and Devlin grab Styles' carcass and carry him out on the orders of their patriarch, what in the world just happened?

- Even after all that, there is still a match ongoing in the ring, with now three out of eight men being effectively out of the mix. Randy Orton looks to stir back up, but as he leans onto the ropes for leverage, Rey Mysterio comes flying in with 619! BUT ORTON COUNTERS THE LEAP BY THROWING A LADDER AT REY, AND THEN AN RKO! Orton is all alone for a moment, until Sheamus meets him at the top, the two former rivals sharing clubbing blows to a stalemate, until Punk and Axel cooperate to push both men out of the ring!

- Punk and Axel stare at each other before making their own ascensions up top, two men who share so much history with one another as well going back and forth, dangling and threatening to fall off with every punch! Punk is the first to dodge, looking to finish off Axel with a GTS on top of the Ladder, but Axel is persistent with struggling off of the hold, both men sharing the bridged side of the Ladder. Punk then looks to kick Axel off, but even then, he can't make him fall. He then proceeds to try and choke Axel off with his foot, but Axel grabs Punk's arm in the process, and as the two enter a test of strength, it is Punk who gives in, being dropped face first onto the bridge, knocking him out! The announcers and the crowd are in utter shock as Axel climbs to the top using the bridge to help him up, and even as he's slowed down by grabbing his throat and only being allowed usage of one arm, there is no one else conscious! The championship is retrieved, the bell is rung, and the words uttered by Justin Roberts are absolutely unbelievable...

Time: 26:03

''HERE IS YOUR WINNER, AND THE NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWW WWE CHAMPION! CURRRRRRRRRRRRRTIS AXEL!'' 

With tears running down his eyes, Curtis Axel is in as much disbelief as anyone else in the arena right now. JR runs down how absolutely unthinkable this moment had been with the uneven trajectory in young Axel's career thus far, the only man in this match who wasn't a former world champion and thus a major underdog in every aspect. But by god, he had succeeded in the one venture his father never could, he had climbed the top of the mountain and he had become the new WWE Champion! The crowd is in awe and sharing their love to Axel, who points to heaven as he had dedicated this match to his legendary father in Mr. Perfect. CM Punk licks his wounds, and after much deliberation from the man who once made Axel's life absolutely miserable, the two indeed shake hands. As Punk departs, Axel is left alone to bask in the glory he's achieved, hoisting the WWE Championship up high, deservedly so...

hYvDY6Ss.jpgIIkGFWCs.jpg

...that is, until his former advocate Paul Heyman walks down the aisle with a major smirk on his face, bringing with him the return of the Beast Incarnate, Brock Lesnar, who had not been seen since WrestleMania XXX. Lesnar stares down from the top of the stage with full focus at the new champion, pointing at the prize sitting on Axel's shoulders. The message is clear, Brock Lesnar wants the WWE Championship, and Curtis Axel will bear the brunt of that challenge.

Or, in other words, according to Paul Heyman...''game over''.

Prediction Results:
Bigelow Cartwheel: 2/9
TheAwesomeZero101: 4/9
TheBigBad1013: 3/9

Edited by Dawn
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

wweraw2.png

''Old Mysteries, New Truths'' 

WWE Monday Night Raw
July 21st, 2014
Amway Center in Orlando, Florida

Dark Match: Justin Gabriel defeats Alex Payne with 450 Splash. (C+)

CsKwvg6s.jpg

Raw opens with the new WWE Champion Curtis Axel, bathed by chants of ''you deserve it'' from the Orlando crowd.

IIkGFWCs.jpg

After a brief promo resuming how humbled he feels after accomplishing the one feat his father never did, he is predictably interrupted by former advocate Paul Heyman, who introduces his main client. The man who made a return last night at Money in the Bank to stake his claim as the next challenger for the top prize in the industry, BROCK LESNAR! Axel notes how Dean Ambrose had succeeded at exposing Brock Lesnar as more vulnerable than ever at WrestleMania, so much that the Beast had to spend the next three months sulking backstage with his wife, unable to show his face to the world. Heyman says that Dean Ambrose will be dealt with accordingly, and guarantees that the loss did nothing to faze Brock Lesnar. In fact, he had cut the unnecessary distraction that his wife Sable had proven to become, and how he was fully engaged once again and ready to victimize Paul Heyman's one and greatest failure at SummerSlam. That is, if Axel had balls big enough to match his ego. 

Axel says he's not scared of the Beast, and so, at SummerSlam, Lesnar was on for the biggest match of his, if not both men's careers. On one side, the new upstart champion looking to prove his legitimacy atop the food chain against the most dangerous opponent he's ever faced. On the other hand, a very angry Beast Incarnate out for blood as his supremacy is challenged by his big loss back at the granddaddy of them all.

Match #1
Kofi Kingston (w/The New Day) defeats Rob Van Dam with Trouble in Paradise.

Time: 11:15

Xavier Woods then cuts a promo on behalf of The New Day, talking about how their 0 for at Money in the Bank would be a mere delay to the inevitable. He says that those responsible would be held accountable accordingly, a trip to the Hall of Pain and your career sacrificed in the name of The New Day.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

axxlWzws.jpgCXHQLnSs.jpg

Backstage, as Divas Champion Kaitlyn nonchalantly hangs around the office of Stephanie and Triple H with the former, she suggests that maybe she should take the night off at SummerSlam due to the lack of competition on the roster.

h7g2FRMs.jpg

Cue Natalya, who says the presence of Naomi was the one reason she didn't win the previous night; she wanted one more shot against Kaitlyn to prove not only to her husband, but to the entire Hart family, that she could in fact rise to the occasion! Kaitlyn says she is bored as she has beaten everyone there is to beat, but she hears all the criticism from the smartasses about how she is just a product of the WWE that can't outwrestle the mat technicians, so in an effort to spite them, she would give Natalya that match tonight. 

gbUygG2s.jpg

Natalya is ecstatic, but as she leaves the locker room, she catches the glance of Summer Rae shaking her head at her in disgust. As Natalya asks her what the [CENSOR] she's looking at, Summer voices her displeasure at how ''unelegant'' she and her husband have presented themselves as recently. She leaves Natalya with a comment on how the Fandango soul searching techniques would do her wonders, before departing and leaving Natalya to sulk. 

Match #2
Zack Ryder (w/Zack Pack) defeats BJ Whitmer with Rough Ryder.

Time: 4:47

1Q7Zpjss.jpg

Chris Jericho hosts the Highlight Reel, dismissing his loss the previous night as a fluke and a travesty and a highway robbery from this company that neglects to install safety hatches to release yourself from being hooked on the Ladders as he's found himself multiple times. He says that as the creator of the Money in the Bank match, his suggestions should be taken as gospel, but this company decides not to simply due to the parasites preferring to witness the car crash style TV. And for years, Chris Jericho had gladly adapted and given the fans what they wanted in whatever match or situation required, but he would not be doing that any longer, for the stupid idiots did not deserve to watch Chris Jericho put his body on the line for them and they would not witness that EVER AGAIN. He says that from now on, he will wrestle thinking about his safety first and his opponents' last. He guarantees this would take him back to the levels he's accustomed to, the level he's always been on and only stupid idiots who can't string together two English sentences together will deny that. 

oTyZTLrs.jpg

He says his guest tonight is one of those people, a pathetic worm who's become the newest host for the disease that is the parasitic adulation, Cesaro. Jericho blasts Cesaro on being yesterday's biggest loser, his career going absolutely nowhere after WrestleMania and him having played the foil to the ascent of Jericho multiple times during the match. Cesaro says he's cooled down a bit since winning the Andre Battle Royal, that's true. But he's never had to play a charade to stay relevant as Jericho is currently doing. He says the fans embraced him and he's embraced them back, and once they fueled the Cesaro train to start rolling again, there was no stopping it; and if Jericho wanted to volunteer to be the launching point, then by all means.

QVOX1nDs.jpg

Jericho attacks Cesaro and locks in the Walls of Jericho, before Christian comes out to the save. The former partners trade punches, before Jericho rolls out of the ring, looking at the two men in the ring with a scowl.

Match #3
It is then time for some Cruiserweight action between two returning veterans of the WWE squared circle, as Tajiri (who Cole explains has signed a full-time contract with the company) defeats Funaki (who is in a ''tryout basis'' just for the night) with Tarantula.

Rating: D
Time: 8:08

VD25paLs.jpg

The new Raw Mr. Money in the Bank in Seth Rollins comes to the ring next, laughing and gloating about how he told EVERYONE so. He said he was the smartest, the most cunning, and most importantly the best in the Shield. Last night, he proved that; and now, he's got a date with destiny to show for it. He told Triple H so, that he would regret not having picked The Architect as his ace, and now he, Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose would all have to suck on their fingers as he sat back and concocted the best plan of attack to become your future WWE Champion.

x5M83Tbs.jpg

An irate Ambrose interrupts, saying that once a backstabber, always a backstabber; the only date with destiny Rollins had was that of the three of them in a fight to the death. He may have escaped by the skin of his teeth last night, but he promises Seth he'd get in on the fun next time the three of them were in the same ring together.

IIkGFWCs.jpg

Paul Heyman interrupts alongside and on behalf of his client Roman Reigns, denouncing Rollins as a paper winner who could only snatch victory from the jaws of defeat after his client Roman Reigns was down for the count due to an unabashed favoritism in targeting from Dean Ambrose last night (Ambrose then promptly comments on how Roman was only in the match in first place due to being a shark himself much like Rollins and Heyman are). 

Heyman teases the fans with the big triple threat match, but then says that Roman Reigns doesn't particularly care what they want to watch, nor does he care in which order business is taken care of. He says that having both Ambrose and Rollins in the ring with him at the same time proved to be a costly distraction last night, but that it wouldn't happen again. He had consulted with Triple H, and at SummerSlam, on behalf of all the allies of the McMahon-Helmsley regime and the pain that Dean Ambrose has caused them...his client Roman Reigns would give Dean Ambrose the one on one matchup he's so desperately coveted. But he warns Ambrose...things will not go the way his warped and mashed brain thinks they will. For Roman Reigns has one thing only in his mind come August 24th in Los Angeles...

...and that is, to take care of the liability that Dean Ambrose has proven to be, for good.

Match #4
The Wyatt Family (Harper & Rowan) (w/Bray Wyatt and Judas Devlin) defeat The KoW (Edwards & Kassius) (w/Davey Richards) and The Zack Pack (Hawkins & Barreta) (w/Alex Riley and Zack Ryder) with Discus Clothesline by Harper on Hawkins, to earn one more WWE World Tag Team Championship Match at SummerSlam.

Time: 12:49

The Wyatt Family converges in the ring after the previous match, with Bray vowing that his brothers had failed the cause for the last time, and that there would be no more surprises from The Usos. The games were over. 

As for AJ Styles? Bray cackles and says that he had his sights set on AJ ever since he stepped foot in this company; other matters were at hand first, however, and he had swiftly taken care of all of them on behalf of the greater good. He had aligned his work to match the novelty period of the arrival that his fireflies had never quite seen before, but make no mistake about it: AJ was not as he seemed to be. He was a fragile, decaying man who had offered nothing but deception for friends and followers alike. But fear not...he was about to rid the world of AJ's venom. He was going to expose everything he's done, every sin he's committed...before stripping him of his identity entirely.

''I MADE YOU, AJ...and now...it's about time I destroyed you. I need no material goods to fuel my greater pursuit, though I will bathe my brothers and sisters in riches if need be. As for me and you? The clock is ticking on you, AJ...when the bell tolls, there will be nowhere left for you to...RUN.''

MAIN EVENT
ctYrE17.jpg
h7g2FRMs.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpgaxxlWzws.jpg
CXHQLnSs.jpg
Kaitlyn (c) (w/Stephanie McMahon) defeats Natalya (w/Tyson Kidd) with a swift roll-up counter to Sharpshooter to retain the WWE Divas Championship, the official Charles Robinson not noticing that Stephanie McMahon had helped Kaitlyn's leverage by elevating her feet onto the middle rope in the process.

Time: 16:06

Backstage, a frustrated Natalya rushes to a specific locker room, her husband Kidd looking quite calm with his headphones on right behind her. She finds Summer Rae dressing into her street clothes, and Natalya proceeds to violently throw Summer onto the floor and through the room while shouting obscenities and telling her ''I'LL SHOW YOU UNELEGANT''. Fandango enters the room as he hears Summer's screams, but he too is surprised by Tyson Kidd with a chair shot from behind. After Natalya is finally satisfied with beating up the Honorable's lady, Kidd leads her out of the room. Renee is shocked, this change in attitude from the Hart Dynasty couple having come so recently and so suddenly.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

A few vignettes are shown hyping Thursday night's edition of SmackDown, where a new #1 Contender for the World Heavyweight Championship will be crowned. That, plus Rusev will make good on his promise to throw the United States Championship in a garbage bin, while reactivating the European Championship in the process. Lastly, Cole announces that after a 6-year mainstay at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, SummerSlam would at last be moving venues to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn next year on August 23rd, 2015!

pwpXc4Y.jpg

O8JEK8Bs.jpg

It was then time for another man to make good on his promise, that being ''The Greatest Man That Ever Lived'' Austin Aries. With a large dossier in hand, AA says this has bugged him for quite a while, so it's about time he let the world know the truth about the plague that has ridden this company ever since its inception and that has not allowed visionaries such as him to succeed in it...that being the McMahons.

CXHQLnSs.jpgfWxWKjUs.jpgLrf0bUNs.jpg

This brings Steph, Triple H and Derrick Bateman out along with a horde of security, one last ditch attempt to shut Aries up on whatever has been going on. Stephanie tells Aries it's not worth it, while Hunter asks Aries what other chances he expects to get, having failed in two marquee opportunities earlier this year to win the WWE Championship. Aries bashes the regime that it was through no effort of them at all, he forced them to give him the two matches with AJ Styles due to his history with the man, not because they were in a particular giving mood; he was not one of ''the boys'' who Hunter and Stephanie so desperately looked to feature on camera every week, and you could see the difference, as Roman Reigns was about to win a faux battle royal...then even after he lost, he found himself in Money in the Bank anyway! 

Aries says it's about time someone gave the McMahons some payback, and once Solomon Crowe divulged the information to him, he knew it was go time. He reassures the fans that he's not doing this for them out of the goodness of his heart, he still very much remembers they would rather watch the corpse of Steve Austin, whom he defeated at WrestleMania mind you, than a genius at work in the form of The Greatest Man That Ever Lived. He was doing this in spite of them, in spite of the backlash that might help any colleagues of his, he was doing this to watch the McMahons' world quake in the feet of his will. Stephanie and Hunter order security to apprehend Aries, but then, on the titantron appears Solomon Crowe! 

EhXalnos.jpg

Crowe is obviously in pain after his experiences with Dr. Cortex, and he finds himself forced down by the straightjacket in his office still. He says he's hacked into the doctor's feed and he doesn't have much time, though he does take the time to defiantly laugh at Stephanie's efforts to shut him up and shut him down. He says this pre-recorded message will turn into a revelation of ALL the dark secrets found in the dossier he fed to Aries if the latter will just say the word. A shocked Stephanie screams for security to stop, while Hunter exclaims that they're bluffing. Aries says there is no escape either way, but he will be the one to deliver the news.

Aries says that 7 some odd years ago, Mr. McMahon was hit with a paternity suit and the world was shocked. An investigation took place, and it was revealed that Hornswoggle had been Vince's bastard son all along. How lucky, then, that he'd rid himself of any and every responsibility once Finlay came forward as the true father. And the matter was never touched again...until now. He says Vince doesn't have one bastard son, he's had bastard sons and daughters a plenty all around the States! Stephanie covers her ears in shock and nausea, but Aries raises his voice to tell her specifically that it is ALL TRUE! The man whose legacy she's so desperately wanted to protect since his unceremonious removal from the company last year, DIDN'T EVEN LOVE HIS FAMILY!

Derrick Bateman steps into the ring to defend the honor of the regime, but Aries lifts his index finger, telling Bateman that if he is to hit him, the word will go out in an even worse way via Crowe. As Bateman stops dead in his tracks, Aries says this didn't ring true back then, but now it did. And that was, one of Vince's bastards was indeed now working for WWE. It didn't surprise him in the slightest that Stephanie had been so dumb or blind not to see what was right under her nose!

''Hornswoggle McMahon? That's a funnier joke than 'Vince McMahon is the greatest wrestling promoter in history'. This company led you astray under his orders as it has done time and time again, but now I hold the truth in my hands...the root of evil grows much deeper than meets the eye. So step under the limelight at last...'' 

''...DERRICK MCMAHON.'' 

uSBwZY7s.jpg

pwpXc4Y.jpg

XVxPw8P.jpg

NXT
July 23rd, 2014

- A recap is shown of Finn Bálor and Hideo Itami being approached by NXT Champion Adrian Neville and upcoming challenger Sami Zayn. The two say that no matter their current beef, they will have their friends' backs against The Ascension. (A)

- Brodus Clay defeats Cezar Bononi with a running splash. (D+)

- Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady introduce sweet Carmella for her debut match. Her opponent? The most feared independent competitor there is, handpicked by the certified G's to not give Mella a walk in the park! They scoped out the streets and found a lady who is smart, who is sexy, who is special, who will be finally making her way to NXT by popular demand...HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S BLUE PANTS!

- Carmella (w/Enzo and Cass) defeats Blue Pants with the Code of Silence. (D)

- NXT Women's Champion Emma cuts a promo on Takeover: Fatal 4-Way, the field for her title defense having been finally revealed. She says she might be the underdog heading into that match, but that the dissention between Charlotte and Sasha Banks would take the two out of the match; then, it would be one on one against her good friend Bayley. She tells Bayley she hopes there would be no hard feelings, but the #Emmalution was not going to end at Fatal 4-Way. Her time would come, but not at her expense. (B)

- Chuck Magnet defeats Tony Nese with Awful Waffle. (C-)

- Chuck then lays down the LEGENDARY challenge for Fatal 4-Way: he's stepping up as the first opponent of Kevin Owens that night. That is, if KO wants to be absolutely embarassed by the Big Chuck on his first night. (C)

- Melissa defeats Alexa Bliss with Air Raid Crash. (B-)

- Even at the pleas of NXT GM William Regal for Melissa not to do so, the veteran decides she's had enough of her ''best friend'' (who wrestled quite tentatively throughout the entire match) and throws her neck first onto the announce table! Regal and doctors tend to Alexa, leading Melissa to vow there would be no more distractions from the womanchild from now on. (B)

• 1 year later...

smackdown1.png

''True American Grit''

July 24th, 2014
Lakefront Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana

Dark Match: Barbara Kelly defeats Alicia Fox with the Kelly Killer. (C)

WWE_Authority.png

The McMahon-Helmsley regime and their proteges open up SmackDown, specifically in order to celebrate Drew McIntyre's SmackDown Money in the Bank victory the previous Sunday. A still shaken up Stephanie McMahon says that the events from Monday should not and will not shrink how big of a moment and a roll McIntyre is experiencing right now, the future World Heavyweight Champion much as her father had predicted. Triple H says the future looks bright for the aces of the WWE. McIntyre would reign supreme as the World champion soon enough...and Roman Reigns would help rid the WWE of its inconveniences. 

Triple H then turns to Wade Barrett. He says that Money in the Bank was not only a night of positive clarity towards the future, but of negative clarity as well. He says failure will not be admitted within his administration. Even moreso from men who think of themselves as bigger than this company is and could find a half dozen men to destroy what he and Stephanie have worked so dilligently to build until now. Barrett is then surprised to be hit with a shoulder block from Brock Lesnar! Heyman's clients take turns punishing Barrett, until McIntyre retrieves the bottom of the steel steps from ringside. Lesnar and Orton hold Barrett still, and McIntyre proceeds to kick his former tag team partner in Barrett right in the neck on the steps! This requires advanced medical attention to the bareknuckle brawler, a shocking opening to Thursday Night SmackDown! 

B74943M.jpg
Match #1

Samoa Joe (c) defeats Alex Shelley in a double-champion match for the WWE World Television Championship, retaining the championship with Muscle Buster after a distraction from the band of Stardusts.

Time: 11:32

Joe proceeds to denounce Rey Mysterio as a coward who has hidden behind his fake identity throughout his entire career. Mysterio and Sin Cara come out, with Rey having recently re-accepted the fans into his career. He says he's gone through some career turbulence in the past year, sure, but he'd always hold the fans dear to his heart and use them as motivation to move forwards and hopefully they could forgive him for the wrongdoings he committed. Joe says it's a nice fantasy land Rey lives in, but in reality, he is far from his prime and it's been long overdue for someone to put him out of his misery. Joe says he'd more than feel inclined to be that man, come SummerSlam.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

gEj9bzls.jpgJLdCNSBs.jpg

Intercontinental Champion John Morrison enters the office of The Rock, demanding to have an update on the health of his best friend The Miz following the brutal loss and post match assault by Rusev at Money in the Bank. Rock says that The Rock can't divulge that private information from the medical team just yet, and Morrison would have a busy month ahead of him as well so he should better put his worries with Miz on the backburner for a moment. The Rock says that The Rock has arranged for a great opportunity on tonight's main event; four men who have never held a World championship will vye for the World Heavyweight Championship title opportunity at SummerSlam. The Rock says that The Rock knows Morrison has a soft spot for the bright lights of L.A. much like The Great One, and suggests he ready up as he is one of the four men involved in said match, that will showcase just how SmackDown is the land of opportunity. The Rock says Daniel Bryan has made the World Heavyweight Championship prestigious again, and it's time he paid him back the favor with fresh faces to meet him on the grand stage.

Match #2
Chavo Guerrero (w/Vickie Guerrero) defeats Primo with Frog Splash.

Time: 5:32

Backstage, Vickie and Chavo ask The Rock to give Chavo one more match for the Cruiserweight title based on his current success, even moreso coupled with champion Alex Shelley's recent failures. Rock says much like the World title, The Rock feels new faces should be given championship opportunities for the other titles he holds a higher authority over. The Rock says that The Rock has arranged for a marquee multi-man Cruiserweight matchup next week between men who have never held the gold themselves, and the winner will meet Alex Shelley at SummerSlam!

Match #3
The International Dragons defeat The Three R's (the new team name of CJ Parker & Mason Ryan) with 450 Splash by Gabriel on Ryan.

Time: 10:07

pwpXc4Y.jpg

4VVp5Uus.jpg 3Pw84FLs.jpg

John Cena comes to the ring and cuts a promo on how Kane has targeted him recently and he has had enough of that ever since this embrace the hate business began two years ago. He challenges Kane to settle their differences in the ring, once and for all. Kane appears, cackling, and tells Cena he is a champion of fools who is about to embrace the hate and be sent to hell and back as he burns in the hottest flames of the underworld. Next week on Raw, the two will meet in an Inferno Match!

Match #4
Bo Dallas defeats Shark Boy with Running Bo-Dog. Bo violently attacked Shark Boy after the match, having lost his undefeated streak to Dean Ambrose leading into Money in the Bank.

Rating: D+
Time: 5:24

whjaON9s.jpg
q7A1mJUs.jpgQ7Bj7YLs.jpg

Renee Young conducts an interview with AJ Lee about her SummerSlam match with Stephanie McMahon next, with AJ denying having any prior allegiance with Solomon Crowe as he saved her from Dr. Cortex a couple of weeks ago. This is interrupted by Becky Lynch, who gives AJ a boost in morale by telling her the entire locker room wants to see her kick that pompous lass Stephanie's ass in LA. Renee says the two of them are set to meet the Bella Twins in the ring next week on SmackDown, and Becky says she will take the opportunity to find that big bad [CENSOR] Kharma by any means necessary to lay her own challenge for SummerSlam.

pwpXc4Y.jpg

ctBUrSZs.jpgh7g2FRMs.jpg

Tyson Kidd and Natalya explain their recent actions, claiming themselves to be the elite of the Hart Dungeon graduates and that they should be recognized as such. They say that people such as Fandango and Summer Rae refuse to validate them due to the fact they've taken matters into their own hands instead of playing to the fans recently, well these people can bite them. None of them went through the hardship that they did inside the Dungeon, nor did anyone else currently on the roster. Kidd says that the fact of the matter is, no one can match their combined excellence, no one had respected it until that moment, and everyone would suffer for it.

MAIN EVENT
k7724hqs.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpg
gEj9bzls.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpgE4tekSHs.jpgPgYxjaZ.jpgctBUrSZs.jpg
                                                                                                            h7g2FRMs.jpg

John Morrison defeats Elijah Burke (w/The New Day), Sin Cara and Tyson Kidd (w/Natalya) in a World Heavyweight Championship #1 Contender's Fatal 4-Way, surprising Tyson Kidd with a Flying Chuck and Starship Pain after Kidd had been distracted by the crowd (plants) singing Fandango's theme song.

Time: 19:59

World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan joins his next challenger in the ring, the Intercontinental Champion John Morrison. The two share a sign of respect with a handshake, the commentators talking about the fact that this will be the first time ever that John Morrison will receive a one-on-one world championship match on pay-per-view!

pwpXc4Y.jpg

NrVqgRus.jpg

''Disgusting, reprehensible people of America...rise, for the Rusev legacy has proven to be bigger and better than that of any and every person in this pathetic excuse for a country. This man absolutely dismantled he who claimed to be the greatest representative of this ant-sized threat known as America...and won the pitiful, repulsive United States Championship as a result. Tonight, the Rusev legacy will make the greatest nation in the world proud at last as he brings closure to a championship he never sought to proudly hold...and in turn, brings back the one and only championship that the Hero of the Russian Federation deserves to carry around with him. Please welcome...your NEW EUROPEAN CHAMPION, RUSEV!''

d3gDia8.jpg

qethWJns.jpg

The new WWE United States Champion Rusev comes down to the ring, flanked by a horde of Russian officials, one of which holds the covered WWE European Championship; another small group holding a large garbage bin. In the ring, ''The Ravishing Russian'' Lana drops the United States Championship on the mat, Rusev kicking and spitting on it as he enters the ring. After a few moments of the two desecrating America, something I'm still not quite comfortable on writing about in detail due to the war, Rusev hoists the U.S. title back up and prepares to drop it on the bin.

The ceremony is interrupted by WWE Hall of Famer, ''Hacksaw'' Jim Duggan, bathed by chants of ''HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!'' Hacksaw says that the two have disrespected the great country of America he so gladly sought to serve throughout his career for far too long! It had already taken a turn for the worse a few weeks ago when Rusev disrespected a fellow veteran patriot in Zeb Colter and retired him for good, but now he had decided to spit on the most prestigious prize of American pride there is on the globe? Desperate measures were afoot, tough guy! Lana laughs at the suggestion that an old oaf such as Duggan would step up to the plate to take on the super-athlete, as he'd be CRUSHED with no effort at all from the part of Rusev.

Another WWE Hall of Famer in former WWE Champion Sgt. Slaughter joins in on the interruption, leading a few troops on the way. He says that what he's witnessed recently is unacceptable conduct from Rusev's part, and someone should indeed whip him back into shape and back to the gulag from where he came! He says in America, they do things differently; if you continue to throw crap on their prized image, at some point they will catapult all that crap right back at your face, maggot! Lana continues to doubt the validity of the threats from the hall of famers, noting that they are just too old and broken down to pose a credible threat to Rusev.

The caliber of the opposition steps up a notch as a third WWE Hall of Famer interrupts in Hulk Hogan! Hogan says he's been eyes and ears to all the two had been done since they came into the company the very same night he had enshrined Andre's legacy further, brother, and that they had proceeded to try and wipe away decades of work from his part to encourage proud American children to train, say their prayers and eat their vitamins. Rusev had steamrolled through the competition thus far, that much is true, jack. And perhaps the old timers, including the Hulkster himself, were just a step too far behind the new generation in order to make a difference against the threat Rusev posed to what they had worked to build so many years ago, dude. 

He promises that, had this encounter been 10 years ago, Rusev would be on the receiving end of a Big Leg Drop, but it was time the Hulk endorsed a young gun who himself had watched from the sidelines for far too long as Rusev desecrated the image of the country he loves more than himself! Hulk says that, on behalf of this young man, himself, the Sarge, Hacksaw, and all proud citizens of America, he was extending the young man's challenge against Rusev to regain the United States Championship, brother! 

IT'S JACK SWAGGER! The All-American American nods to the three Hall of Famers at the stage, and he sprints to the ring, taking Rusev by surprise with a belly to belly suplex, transitioning seamlessly into the Patriot Lock! Rusev is unable to escape the hold, Swagger keeping him in the agony as Lana screams in desperation at ringside. With the crowd cheering him on for about the first time in his career, Swagger releases Rusev just as he seems to be out of it, and proceeds to rip down the Russian flag from above the ring! A new boom is heard, the U.S. flag lowering after it instead, Swagger leading the fans to chant WE THE PEOPLE! The All-American American is back, and he is recharged with a new purpose to avenge his former mentor and to bring back the United States Championship to America! 

pwpXc4Y.jpg

0QHbFmA.jpg

WWE Sunday Night Heat
July 27th, 2014

- In matches, Bo Dallas b. Matt Taven (C); Brie Bella b. Bambi (C-); Christian b. Alex Payne (B-); The KoW of Edwards & Kassius b. The International Dragons (B)

- In segments, a paranoid Bo tells Corey Graves to BOlieve, or else his dreams will turn to dust right between his eyes, a proposition Graves isn't exactly bothered by (B-); Paige encourages Brie to step up to her sister (B-); Christian cuts a promo on the events of the Highlight Reel this past Monday on Raw (B+); The Raw Rebound shows Austin Aries' reveal of the bastard son of the McMahon clan, Derrick McMahon (B+)

During the week in programming, Natalya turned heel, and Wade Barrett & Jack Swagger both turned babyface. All three turns were successes.

OOC: After nearly two years of inactivity on the board, we are back! I have a few important things to say. First, I never stopped writing for this diary on the unofficial GDS Discord even after stopping here again, so we are currently (both in game and in writeup) in 20 freaking 15 headed into WrestleMania, which is a spot I never envisioned myself in reaching due to a multitude of personal and hardware issues over the years. It is by far my personal best with a diary save and I am still going.

I stuck through with the save and now I have so much in store to show you guys. If you'll allow me to say it, the thing that kept me going was the fact I want to...finish the story. 😛 

I won't do a prediction contest with prizes in here for the time being. If I'm able to get to where I'm at on Discord relatively quickly and have the two running side by side afterwards then it's going to be a different story. But for now the prediction contest here won't be worth the booking perks that the Discord winners have gotten as we're ahead in there. I'll still encourage folks to come in and predict for fun (but if you've already read ahead on Discord don't spoil!) but unless a crazy idea pops in my head there will be no prizes for now.

Here we're still at a point I was using TEW 2016 which is crazy (I'll keep informing you guys once we get to the point I switched to 2020). I probably booked this show about three to four years ago. Nowadays it's not a real good timing for the McMahon bastard son storyline retcons (a prediction prize as I wanted to turn Derrick Bateman into an EC3 esque character and the winner of the prize suggested I turn him into a McMahon) but thankfully Vince has retired his way out of my save nearly a whole game year ago and I'll quietly drop him from the Hall of Fame. He will never be mentioned by name again, only the McMahon surname.

This is also by my recollection the last appearance of Hulk Hogan onscreen that I booked to boost Jack Swagger's pop as a credible challenger to Rusev. I'm not usually one to criticize the usage of people who did bad things in the future when it comes to historical mods (everyone books Benoit, for instance) but the recent events do greatly bother me as both person and booker so I'm glad Vince is gone. I can easily do without Hogan as well so I'm just awaiting for his contract to run out in game.

That is all! I hope this random return doesn't hit anyone with a whiplash effect and that I can catch up to myself quickly but not so quickly that it burns you guys out.

Edited by Dawn

• 1 month later...

I've decided to simplify the format until we're caught up (currently past No Way Out 2015 and reaching Mania 31 on Discord) OR at least in 2015 lmao.

August Week 1, 2014 Show Slate

Raw
''From The Ashes''
MGM Grand Garden in Paradise, Nevada

- A fired up John Cena opens up Raw as we're now officially on the road to SummerSlam! Cena is amped up as he expresses that tonight, he will get to finally put this Embrace the Hate story with Kane behind him, and that he sees no reason why they should wait any longer for that to happen. With the boom from the stage appears Kane, engulfing the ring in flames for the rare Inferno Match!

Match #1: John Cena defeats Kane in an Inferno Match by lighting Kane on fire with an AA on the apron from ringside. (B-; 8:30)

- Cena is barely given time to celebrate before he is interrupted by The New Day, who sarcastically applaud Cena's victory. Woods claims that it's time they acted up on what they promised they would upon their formation, and that there was no bigger target than John Cena. ''The Pope'' Elijah Burke adds that it is a higher meaning that fuels them this time, and that the process of stripping John Cena bare from his false integrity for all to see would have its ultimate culmination. According to Burke, the lord almighty himself had instructed him and the rest of The New Day to enter a crusade against Cena, and so his days were numbered.

- Backstage at their office, Hunter and Stephanie welcome their newest family member in Derrick McMahon, who they've learned was legally given a small sum in owning the company by Vince McMahon in his will. Stephanie proclaims that it's fantastic to learn about a new brother of hers, even moreso after ''the other one'' skipped town with his tail between his legs. She declares that the revelation calls for a major celebration tonight, and what better than for a McMahon to hold championship gold once again? Hunter agrees that Lesnar vs. McMahon definitely rings better than Lesnar vs. Axel, and tonight on the main event, Derrick would have a chance to win the WWE Championship on his very first match as an official member of the family.

- Entering the ring for a tag team match with Brad Maddox, Heath Slater cuts a promo on the attack he suffered at Money in the Bank, preventing him from competing in the Ladder match. Slater recounts that it's been 4 years since he's first appeared in the WWE, and Money in the Bank was the first time in which the One Man Band felt broke. Even losing the Intercontinental Championship, that was so precious to him for so long, didn't feel as bad as missing out on the biggest opportunity of his career. Slater says he had practiced for so long, and his family was counting on him to come away with the big win. He's got kids, man! And thanks to a jealous Roman Reigns who was nothing but the roadie even with The Shield, he's now at the back of the line again. Slater promises he'd not disappoint his ''Heathles'' and eventually, the One Man Band would be due for the all-time performance in the front of the entire world, where he would become the first and only One Man Band to ever be world champion!

Match #2: Slater & Maddox defeat The Deep Sea Alliance with Smash Hit on Shark Boy. (B-; 4:43)

- Paul Heyman enters the ring alongside his client ''The Beast'' Brock Lesnar, and proceeds to cut a promo berating WWE Champion Curtis Axel as having benefitted from chance at Money in the Bank. He promises Axel that he will be victimized by the Beast come SummerSlam, and put right back where he belongs in the dark depths of obscurity. That is, if he made it to SummerSlam as the champion at all. If it came to Derrick McMahon entering the event as the one to beat? Then he'd regret to inform his esteemed partners that business would take a backseat.

Match #3: Chris Jericho defeats Rob Van Dam with the Walls of Jericho. (B; 12:33)

- Jericho cuts a promo on his SummerSlam opponents Cesaro and Christian, as Cole has learned the three will meet in a triple threat match to determine the next #1 Contender for the world championship of their choosing in the following pay-per-view event, Clash of Champions! Jericho clowns on former partner Christian as just another stupid idiot has-been who he will send to enjoy retirement with his good pal Edge, and Cesaro was just a stupid idiot PERIOD, who he'd make quit in the Walls of Jericho in every language he can speak. Neither one of them are good enough to prevent the gift of Jericho from being poured on.

B96kR5P.jpg
Match #4: The Usos (c) successfully defeat The International Dragons with the Alley-Us on Steamboat. (B; 13:17)

- The Usos are assaulted by Harper, Rowan and Devlin, with a cackling Bray watching from the end of the stage. However, AJ Styles jumps Wyatt from behind, before helping the champions fend off the rest of the family! Styles seems quite shaken up, but he is not backing down from Bray Wyatt!

- Dean Ambrose runs down the list of bones he'll break from Roman Reigns at SummerSlam, until Roman interrupts on his own. Ambrose asks if Roman values his own life, before Roman claims that both of them know his beloved brother doesn't stand a chance against him once they are to meet under sanctioned ruling. Ambrose promises sanctions will not stop him from gouging Roman's eyes; he's broken rules before, and he'll go to lockdown for years if it meant ensuring Roman got the payback he deserves. Seth Rollins appears at the top of the stage, laughing over the squabble between his former brothers as he is now holding the Raw Money in the Bank briefcase. Seth is amazed at how he'll now get to watch the two of them claw at each other and reap every benefit. He has been turning the odds squarely in his favor ever since the three split up, and that the end result at SummerSlam would be largely inconsequential. Whoever was to survive the match would live another day...to watch the Evolution of Seth Rollins take its final step as he becomes the new WWE Champion!

From out of nowhere, Randy Orton RKOs Dean Ambrose! Rollins makes a surprised face on the stage, as Roman says Seth is not worth his time right now. He tells Seth to jerk himself off all he wants until Ambrose is dealt with, but eventually he would be coming for him, no matter if he had that briefcase, the WWE Championship or neither. Orton and Reigns put the boots to Ambrose, culminating in a Spear as Orton holds the lunatic up!

t09uDV7.jpg
MAIN EVENT: Curtis Axel (c) makes a successful title defense against the newest member of the McMahon clan, Derrick McMahon (w/Stephanie McMahon). Austin Aries was on commentary for this one, which provided distractions for Derrick every now and then, but Axel was eventually able to win by his own merit with the Perfect-Plex. (B; 16:24)

- Stephanie is disappointed at the loss from his bastard brother, sending him off backstage as Austin Aries cackles on commentary. As we come back, Stephanie calls out AJ Lee with Triple H holding a contract. Stephanie announces she would like to formalize their 1-on-1 match at SummerSlam with a few ground rules. AJ comes out with sarcastic laughter, as she knew Stephanie would look to pull something like this before the big night. She wonders what's in the contract, what special stipulations Stephanie could want that will all be in her favor. Stephanie promises there are no special stipulations, but AJ says she's learned not to trust a McMahon ever since she stepped foot in this company. AJ reads the contract, and laughs it off. She puts her foot down that the way she sees it, there are only two options on the table here. One: Stephanie shuts the hell up and does the match, just the two of them, and she runs a slight chance of winning. AJ promises she will humiliate Stephanie no matter what, when that happens. Two: Stephanie insists on her own contract, and AJ will just bash her head in like she did her father's right here and now...and she doesn't fear her trained dog either.

Stephanie and Hunter stare in pure anger and frustration respectively at AJ, until Divas Champion Kaitlyn blindsides her from behind with the title! The two proceed to berate AJ and cut her open, Stephanie locking her in a chokehold. Satisfied, Stephanie pep talks the champion, saying it was a major mistake to doubt her those odd some weeks ago. She says that Kaitlyn is the one woman she can depend on in this company. Kaitlyn thanks Stephanie, and says she is sure the boss will take care of the trash come SummerSlam; until then, a break was in order, as there was absolutely no one left on the division who could come close to challenging her.

''No one?''

ddVqJm9s.jpg

BETH PHOENIX, who had not been seen since her colossal clash at WrestleMania against Kharma, strolls to the ring and into a staring matchup with Kaitlyn! For the first time in forever, Kaitlyn is dwarfed in size and strength to a potential challenger, and as Beth pushes her, the champion falls down, stunned! Stephanie and Hunter leave the ring as well, as Beth aids AJ to her feet. Beth professes how she's decided that she will have the Divas Championship back at SummerSlam, it's been long enough that a coward who defaces the division has held it; it was about time the rule of the Glamazon rose again from the ashes.

NXT

- Marshall Von Erich (w/Lacey Von Erich) defeats Mickey Keegan with Iron Claw. (D)

- The 4-Way participants (minus Charlotte, represented by her father Ric Flair, due to an illness) cut promos on the matchup that will happen at the Takeover of the same name in September. (C+)

- Eva Marie defeats Skyler Moon (w/Ember Moon) with a tainted roll-up after interference from Katie Lea. - Katie Lea says that she sees potential from the Moons and that is why she's set her sights on them. She says an Army of Darkness is marching on NXT, and it would be a much better outcome for the two of them to join it instead of fighting it. A decision would be due soon as her masters commanded. (C-)

- Baron Corbin defeats a local competitor with End of Days. (D)

- Corbin challenges Brodus Clay to a dogfight at Fatal 4-Way, where he'd once again triumph as he's done since coming to NXT. (D)

- Bayley & Emma defeat Maxine & Sasha Banks with #EmmaLock by Emma on Maxine. (C)

- A pre-recorded message from Kevin Owens is shown from the same dark ring his vignettes have been filmed in, formally accepting Chuck Magnet's challenge to him for Fatal 4-Way. Owens says that the only legendary thing that will happen that night will be the picture of the state Chuck will be left in after the two of them are done. He says he's coming in for a fight, and Chuck will not be ready for it, no matter how hard he prepares. (C)

SmackDown
''Clockwork Orange''
SAP Center at San Jose in San Jose, California

- SmackDown opens up with The McMahon-Helmsley regime once again, the Divas Champion Kaitlyn licking her wounds from the encounter with Beth Phoenix on Raw as Josh states the champion has promised an answer this next Monday night. Stephanie is proud to open up with a discourse that with all the good news coming their way recently and the challenges issued for the biggest party of the summer, it's only fitting that they finally congratulate the next great world champion in the industry, the SmackDown Mr. Money in the Bank Drew McIntyre...a bonafide A+ player! McIntyre acts flattered, saying that he only did what he was supposed to do, and after having trimmed the fat that was weighing on his back last week, it was about time he set his sights on the World Heavyweight Championship. McIntyre adds that he may not be competing for the title at SummerSlam, but that he is hereby guaranteeing that he will cash-in against the winner of the match between Daniel Bryan and his former rival John Morrison. Hunter is adamant that regardless of his personal feelings for the World champion, both these men are resilient as roaches, and whoever came up victorious between the two would be rabid upon said cash-in, so it'd only be fair that McIntyre got the night off that Kaitlyn had been promised to prepare for that possibility come SummerSlam. Josh and Booker call bullshit as JBL claims it's a brilliant strategy from the regime, and it might not bode well for the integrants of the World title match.

Match #1: In a 6-Pack Challenge (originally 5-way until Vickie Guerrero's meddling inserted Chavo Guerrero into it) to determine the #1 contender for the Cruiserweight Championship, both Chavo Guerrero and the Red Stardust scored pinfalls over Tajiri and TJ Perkins, respectively. (C+; 9:44)

- The Rock appears via satellite, and he mocks Vickie Guerrero a tad for breaking the People's Laws and STILL being unable to come away with the preferred result, before claiming that he has no issue making it a triple threat match for the Cruiserweight Championship at SummerSlam: it would be Alex Shelley defending against Chavo Guerrero and the leader of the masked jabronis!

B74943M.jpg
Match #2: Samoa Joe (c) defeats Fandango (w/Summer Rae) with the Coquina Clutch, a small assist to Tyson Kidd having distracted Fandango during the match. (B; 13:24)

- Backstage, Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara are interviewed by Renee. Rey says he's aware that Joe has been a machine for destruction since arriving in the WWE, but that now that Sin Cara had set him back on the right path, he'd not back down from a fight. At SummerSlam, Samoa Joe was on, and he would feed off of the love and energy from the fans who had waited so long to provide him with that in order to overcome an obstacle far too big for his size...as he's always done.

Match #3: AJ Lee & Becky Lynch defeat The Bella Twins with Disarmer by Becky on Nikki after a miscommunication from the Bellas that led to Brie refusing to tag back in. (B-; 9:33)

- Brie is seen being berated by Nikki for not adhering to her every rule as per their WrestleMania stipulation. In the meantime, Becky shouts in the ring that she'll be back later tonight to challenge ''that big bad bitch'' to a match officially.

- Backstage, Renee Young interviews Fandango and Summer Rae. The former is as flustered as he's ever been in a long time, his girlfriend doing her best to calm him down. Fandango says that if Tyson Kidd has gotten in his mind recently, and if he and Natalya are putting forward such an effort to undo the spiritual progress of Fandangoing, then maybe the two of them would have to teach them a lesson at SummerSlam!

Match #4: Jack Swagger defeats Mason Ryan (w/CJ Parker) with the Gutwrench Powerbomb followed by the Patriot Lock. (B; 9:44)

- Swagger then cuts a promo on his return the previous week and extending a challenge to the European Champion Rusev, berating the brute for all he's done to try and diminish the image of the country The All-American American has fought tooth and nail to defend for his entire career. He embraces the image and memory of Zeb Colter, who Swagger claims was more than a mentor to him. He was a surrogate father, and Rusev would pay in spades for what he did to him. Lana and Rusev then appear, the former mocking Swagger for his connection with the old geezer, and formally accepting Swagger's SummerSlam challenge on behalf of Rusev. She proclaims with much glee that Rusev CRUSHING Jack Swagger will be a major step in putting one final nail in the coffin of the image that the United States of America are the supreme country in the world. It will push the great European Championship back to prominence, and it will be to the pleasure of the great leader Vladimir Putin.

MAIN EVENT: Daniel Bryan & John Morrison defeat Averno & Hunico with Starship Pain by Morrison on Averno. (B; 10:12)

- There is palpable tension between the SummerSlam opponents even after the bell rings for their victorious effort. Nothing happens, however, other than an elongated staredown. Becky Lynch joins Morrison in the ring after the champion leaves, and the intensity in her eyes is seen as she calls out Kharma to get in the ring so the two of them can set a date for them to settle their differences; she was refusing to go down in history as just another doll who fell victim to the clutches of Kharma, Kaitlyn, Steph and every other spineless lass who conspires to keep women like her out of the mountain top. She boldly proclaims that quite simply, she isn't afraid of Kharma, and she would bring the big fight to her come SummerSlam if she dared accept her challenge.

Xu1oEnLs.jpg

Becky's call is shortly thereafter answered by the eerie Kharma herself. The feared tick and tocks of a clock being uttered by the gargantuan collector as she stands up to Becky in the ring, a massive mismatch being displayed. She holds on her hands a voodoo doll resembling Becky Lynch...and she rips off its head.

''Tick...tock...tick...tock...tick...tock...SummerSlam...your clock strikes zero...tick...tock...tick...tock...tick...tock...''

Heat

- In matches, Sin Cara b. Corey Graves (B); Caylen Croft b. Matt Taylor (D+); The International Dragons b. The Legionnaires (B)

- In segments, Rich Swann is furious over the events that took place during the 6-Pack Challenge on SmackDown (B+; NO IDEA HOW THIS HAPPENED); Caylen Croft pleads his case to become a part of the Zack Pack (B+); Renee Young interviews The International Dragons, with Gabriel vowing they would again earn a championship match and learn from their failures (B+); Both SummerSlam world championship matches are showcased in a hype video: Axel-Lesnar and Bryan-Morrison (B+)

BREAKING NEWS FROM PWINSIDER

- WWE has agreed to terms to pay off the debts of SHIMMER Women Athletes and inherit the bankrupt federation as its secondary child company, behind NXT. The female workers who are too green to make it to NXT television are now expected to be sent to develop their skills further in SHIMMER first. As WWE goes deeper into implementing women as key components of their weekly television, pre-existing SHIMMER talent prior to the buyout are also expected to appear on NXT or the main roster in the future.

• Like 2