Alternative CornellVerse 2022 Mod (VERSION 1.05 RELEASED 19 OCT 23)

On 1/19/2023 at 2:14 AM, El Dragon said:

So, I have gotten back into TEW recently largely due to this mid, and I have a few points I want to go over that haven’t been covered, because every bit of this mod is amazing and deserves some serious hype.

First off, the most impressive thing about this thing so far to me is just that every single company has there own hook to draw the potential player in. SWF finally evolving with a massive new main event scene, TCW with the constant supply of elite wrestlers, trying to rebuild USPW from the depths, Battles of Hell with its unique feel, trying to see how far you can get AAA, FCW, or RSW, all fascinating. And that’s not even trying to figure out if you can somehow save DAVID. And that’s just the US! Japan, England, and Australia have been covered by others, but there are two other regions that deserve praise as well (being rea so is Europe I just haven’t deep dived there yet)

Canada. Oh boy Canada. There is a lot to talk about CGC (they have the best announce team in wrestling who are massively popular to help segments out, and two legit main eventers and Ricky and Edd, but absolutely nothing behind them), ACPW (tons of talent but a real threat to be raided), and 4C as well as others, but the impending doom of NOTBPW is absolutely fascinating. It’s not a USPW fall, in which they were badly ran by an owner who just spent, spent, spent and ignored or even contributed to the issues backstage. Victoria got them to the top via amazing booking around great talent. All the way to 90 popularity in all of Canada. But now all her brothers (save one) have retired, and her husband is in BoH. The DeColts and Edd have left, Joanne is pregante, Sara is getting movie and tv roles too frequently to count on, and the crowd have turned against Amber and Bloodstone. You have one legit top act and it’s Alicia who wins so often it’s a meme. The 3 kids aren’t ready yet, and two of them are turning the entire locker room against each other. You’ve set up such a massive climb to not be in free fall popularity wise, the company had been staring off that cliff of time for so long and now they aren’t just over the cliff, they realized there parachute doesn’t deploy. I want to try saving that company so bad, because god it’s in a rough place. And I love it for it. 

And the second one: Mexico. Your Mexico ruuuuuules. You managed to open the doors wide open for the rise of 3 other feds while still maintaining SOTBPW as a massive promotion, but one that seems to be leaving the door open for contenders. In my saves SOTBPW has straight up not re-signed guys like Tigre and Americana. Not let someone else outbid them, legit didn’t even give an offer. So they are handing OLLIE, PCW, and Skull legit high end talent on a silver platter. 

I will say I’m an OLLIE diehard, and it’s never made sense to be how the company was falling in canon so hard, and you basically nailed why. Awesome talent base at the top of the card, even before the Velocidad addition. Gino is arguably the best wrestler in Mexico, Lucha and Extraordanario not far behind. Locking up there core is huge, as it can take them so far. I’ve had a blast raising there profile further, as they feel like such a natural rival for SOTBPW going forward.

And then there’s Skull. Oh Skull, you sleazy bastards. They feel like SPW turned up to an absurd degree. El Sucio is absolutely deplorable. A company that flaunts being as awful as possible. And while I might not player them, they are such perfect bad guys to book against. 

Basically, this mod rules all over the map. So many feds to play as.

Thank you so much for that! One thing I really try for is to make each game region interesting, but also each promotion should have some hook too. I tried to have as few "going through the motions" feds as possible, so I'm really glad that was noticed and appreciated!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been trying to download the database for a second time because i had to erase it but apparantly my breezip cant open it anymore as it appears the mediafire file is corrupted or damaged, if you had any solutions for this ill appreciate it i love your mod.

Picture112.png

6 hours ago, DAROHE said:

Ive been trying to download the database for a second time because i had to erase it but apparantly my breezip cant open it anymore as it appears the mediafire file is corrupted or damaged, if you had any solutions for this ill appreciate it i love your mod.

Picture112.png

That is not zipped, that is the database file itself (.mdb). Just take that file and put it in the database folder and replace the one there. There is nothing to unzip in this case. 

• 3 weeks later...

Great Googly Moogly this mod is INCREDIBLE. Downloaded it at the start of this week and it's consumed my every waking thought. For every hour I spend booking, I find myself spending another 4 poring over worker bios, checking out new companies or following where old favorites from previous base game saves have ended up. I've never gotten on with RW mods, but I was starting to get a little burnt out with the base game so this mod could not be further up my street.

When I saw the expanded British scene I just had to dive in, so I started a save with BTW.  Even with my tiny company, I find ideas popping into my head all the time. My first year has featured Merle O'Curle's open challenge, Father O'Malley using his "Great Divinity" stable to keep a stranglehold on the Ringmaster title and a "destined to do this forever" feud between Matthew Macks & Motoyuki Miyake spanning multiple GBFO promotions.

The Dublin Destroyer just retired,  becoming the first inductee into the BTW Hall of Fame and putting over the debuting Finn McFlash in his final match so Year 2 storyline ideas include McFlash's slow rise up the card, a "Burning Bridges" tag break up feud between Grant Taypen & Leighton Buzzard and Wee Davey Keane's Shamrock Assault Squad trying to force ol' Merle into retirement...

I really can't thank you enough for this mod, or give high enough praise to the work that's gone into it. I've played one year in a tiny promotion and I can't wait to get into it. I see saves with all my old faves (21CW, DIW, OLLIE) in my future along with some brand new fun stuff to try out (Madness in BOH, Saving CGC) too! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

• Like 2

On 3/7/2023 at 7:39 PM, terence_m said:

To anyone who is familiar with this mod, could you please recommend me a good hardcore promotion to start off with? Ideally in the US or Canada.

In the US, Grimm SoCal Wrestling or Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling are probably your best straight-up Hardcore promotions. DAVID is also an option but they're Crash TV so it's a little less like what you're looking for, but could still be fun. 

In Canada there's pretty much just Independent Women Wrestling, all-women's hardcore. 

If you're feeling Deathmatchy there's always WEXXV or WQ2020 in Japan. I prefer those to the others but I'm more of a deathmatch guy so ymmv. 

You could also dig through the Yet To Open promotions in the database and activate one of them early, there's definitely some in there though I'm not familiar enough with them to make a suggestion. 

Edited by outb0undflight
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, outb0undflight said:

In the US, Grimm SoCal Wrestling or Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling are probably your best straight-up Hardcore promotions. DAVID is also an option but they're Crash TV so it's a little less like what you're looking for, but could still be fun. 

In Canada there's pretty much just Independent Women Wrestling, all-women's hardcore. 

If you're feeling Deathmatchy there's always WEXXV or WQ2020 in Japan. I prefer those to the others but I'm more of a deathmatch guy so ymmv. 

You could also dig through the Yet To Open promotions in the database and activate one of them early, there's definitely some in there though I'm not familiar enough with them to make a suggestion. 

Thank you for your help!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2023 at 11:51 PM, Kjarvs said:

Great Googly Moogly this mod is INCREDIBLE. Downloaded it at the start of this week and it's consumed my every waking thought. For every hour I spend booking, I find myself spending another 4 poring over worker bios, checking out new companies or following where old favorites from previous base game saves have ended up. I've never gotten on with RW mods, but I was starting to get a little burnt out with the base game so this mod could not be further up my street.

When I saw the expanded British scene I just had to dive in, so I started a save with BTW.  Even with my tiny company, I find ideas popping into my head all the time. My first year has featured Merle O'Curle's open challenge, Father O'Malley using his "Great Divinity" stable to keep a stranglehold on the Ringmaster title and a "destined to do this forever" feud between Matthew Macks & Motoyuki Miyake spanning multiple GBFO promotions.

The Dublin Destroyer just retired,  becoming the first inductee into the BTW Hall of Fame and putting over the debuting Finn McFlash in his final match so Year 2 storyline ideas include McFlash's slow rise up the card, a "Burning Bridges" tag break up feud between Grant Taypen & Leighton Buzzard and Wee Davey Keane's Shamrock Assault Squad trying to force ol' Merle into retirement...

I really can't thank you enough for this mod, or give high enough praise to the work that's gone into it. I've played one year in a tiny promotion and I can't wait to get into it. I see saves with all my old faves (21CW, DIW, OLLIE) in my future along with some brand new fun stuff to try out (Madness in BOH, Saving CGC) too! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Hey, sorry for the late reply, having a lot of health issues at the moment!

I like the Burning Bridges name for the tag break up, really glad you are enjoying the mod. I tried to make even the most obscure worker have something about them that made them "interesting" so I always like seeing people are using the smaller companies

Thank you so much for the kind words, it's always so appreciated :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I was hoping to ask about your vision for the British scene within the mod. I started with PWW and I am just about ready to sign a TV deal. In your opinion do you think this would break the alliance up and they'd go solo or they'd continue to strengthen the alliance through their TV? I can see both sides being realistic so I wondered your opinion. Thank you :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2023 at 1:44 PM, kinqconnor said:

Hi there, I was hoping to ask about your vision for the British scene within the mod. I started with PWW and I am just about ready to sign a TV deal. In your opinion do you think this would break the alliance up and they'd go solo or they'd continue to strengthen the alliance through their TV? I can see both sides being realistic so I wondered your opinion. Thank you :) 

Maybe too late for my input, but thinking if it was real life I'd say keep the alliance going, use it to promote the whole thing, including guest matches to fill tv 

From the game play view if you keep alliance there is a chance worker pop rises so much that smaller companies, who are stupid, will end up giving workers pay rises they can't afford and thus bankrupting the alliance

Personally I'd risk it though 

On 4/18/2023 at 4:33 PM, lavelleuk said:

Maybe too late for my input, but thinking if it was real life I'd say keep the alliance going, use it to promote the whole thing, including guest matches to fill tv 

From the game play view if you keep alliance there is a chance worker pop rises so much that smaller companies, who are stupid, will end up giving workers pay rises they can't afford and thus bankrupting the alliance

Personally I'd risk it though 

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it! Is there anything I can do about the slow processing time other than, getting a better computer...

Thanks again! :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2023 at 1:42 PM, kinqconnor said:

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it! Is there anything I can do about the slow processing time other than, getting a better computer...

Thanks again! :)

Sadly I don't think so, I have to be honest it is something I'd woried about for people, and a reason I left India out, but I'm hoping the extra workers and companies makes the load times worth it!

I just popped in to redownload this mod and felt the need to let you know, it is the best. This is the most fun I have ever had with this game, and that includes using real world mod. The freedom of the C-Verse cannot be understated. Thanks for the hard work!

• Like 1

On 5/9/2023 at 6:43 PM, dirtyjared said:

I just popped in to redownload this mod and felt the need to let you know, it is the best. This is the most fun I have ever had with this game, and that includes using real world mod. The freedom of the C-Verse cannot be understated. Thanks for the hard work!

Yeah I've never been able to get into real-world games as I just book everyone as who they are. In C-verse anyone can be anything I want them to be!

On 5/5/2023 at 2:43 PM, lavelleuk said:

I just wanted to thank everyone again who has downloaded this mod. I just checked the download numbers and it has actually overtaken the 2018 version now with 1200 downloads!

Congratulations on the great download numbers. I'm still getting so much enjoyment out of this mod: both in what I'm playing currently and ideas for future saves. I hope you're feeling a lot better too.

8 hours ago, 619 said:

Congratulations on the great download numbers. I'm still getting so much enjoyment out of this mod: both in what I'm playing currently and ideas for future saves. I hope you're feeling a lot better too.

Thank you, I seem to be doing a bit better, although I did get a massive migraine half way through trying to catch up on all the latest renders on the board lol

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 7:13 PM, lavelleuk said:

I just wanted to thank everyone again who has downloaded this mod. I just checked the download numbers and it has actually overtaken the 2018 version now with 1200 downloads!

You deserve it, buddy. Your 18 version is one of the best mods I have interacted with. 22 is great as well, and I know from discord how much effort you have put in with both of these. Great job.

12 hours ago, SanX said:

You deserve it, buddy. Your 18 version is one of the best mods I have interacted with. 22 is great as well, and I know from discord how much effort you have put in with both of these. Great job.

Thank you! I think I've said before that I assume real-world mods get much higher numbers, but getting over 1000 downloads justifies the (way too many) hours of work I put into this. Hopefully I will get back to working on the '26 version soon

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update for people, I have started doing some work on the 2026 version of the mod again.

I updated the add-on workers HERE and I have now added Brat99's Indian Expansion workers into the mod. The AltCVerse still won't include the India region, but the workers are now features all across the other regions with edited bios to reflect the change in their backstory.

The 2026 version already now has 750 extra workers, next I'll be doing the same with Wonk's India Expansion, and then I'll see about getting back on with working on the actual mod part of the database. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...