Cornell-Verse real life counterparts

There are a few obvious ones like Sam Strong is a nice version of Hulk Hogan, Ernest Youngman is a young Bret Hart, etc.

I like to think of Nick Booth as a future Stone Cold. An interesting one I thought of the other day was Sayeed Ali is kind of New Jack.

Remmy Skye - Jeff Hardy. 

I see a few similarities between Shooter Sean Deeley and Kurt Angle, and I've been using Kurt's 'Wrestling Machine' gimmick for Deeley, which has really worked so far. 

A case could also be made for Trish Stratus and Catherine Quine. Both figureheads of their divisions (Trish was the figurehead of the 2000s Women's Division, Quine being the actual figurehead of AAA). Both are drop dead gorgeous, high star quality, good in-ring workers, Canadians and they're a similar age too. Alexis Lee Littlefeather, as someone said earlier, is also a good counterpart for Trish (and Mickie). 

Much like with the Charlotte/ Alicia comparison, the TEW version predates the real-life wrestler, but it's hard not to look at Brooke Tyler and picture her as Tessa Blanchard had she not made so many choices born of jackassery.

6 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

Much like with the Charlotte/ Alicia comparison, the TEW version predates the real-life wrestler, but it's hard not to look at Brooke Tyler and picture her as Tessa Blanchard had she not made so many choices born of jackassery.

Iirc Brooke has a bad personality in-game so maybe that part is still coming!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Acey said:

Iirc Brooke has a bad personality in-game so maybe that part is still coming!

That was in 2016. If I remember correctly, a lot of that got pruned away in 2020. Of course, the way they changed personalities, a lot of the troublemakers in 2016 were much better behaved in 2020. Shiori Jippensha, Pinky Perez, etc.

On 1/21/2024 at 1:41 AM, Jaysin said:

She might be based on potential of Brooke Hogan becoming a wrestler but her heel turn has to be inspired by Charlotte imo

I'm under the impression that Adam Ryland hasn't watched wrestling in a while so I wouldn't anticipate that to be accurate. 

On 7/4/2024 at 7:14 AM, MattRouq said:

Ernest Youngman has some Bret Hart to him

Youngman is certainly Bret Hart though, "Assassin" - "Hitman" 
Both one of the best Technical workers on the planet etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeremie Courtney gives me "less talented Richard Holliday" vibes.

Edd Stone felt like Teddy Hart, but Edd never went totally off the deep end.

KC Glenn used to get compared to Shawn Michaels, but his career trajectory is totally different.

44 minutes ago, alliegolem said:

KC Glenn used to get compared to Shawn Michaels, but his career trajectory is totally different.

I kind of think KC Glenn might be "AJ Styles" even has the same naming style! And the trajectories are a little bit more parallel.

Chris Caulfield kind of gave me Tommy Dreamer vibes.

Edited by Peria
  • Like 1

I've always seen Brother Grimm as a mix of Snoop Dogg and Suge Knight.

The Whistler gives me Hacksaw Jim Duggan vibes. Then again, so does Giant Redwood.

Think we can all agree the Eisens are supposed to be based on the McMahons

Thimbleby Langton and Wooton Fitzplaine bring The Bushwhackers to mind. Maybe the Godwins a little bit.

Mutant feels like a more talented Ministry-era Viscera, if you tone down the satanic and turn up the mad max vibes.

Big Bruiser Findlay reminds me of Stan Hansen. No wait, that's Pistol Pete Hall.