Cornell-Verse real life counterparts

20 minutes ago, Matt_Black said:

Alexis Lee Littlefeather is basically Trish Stratus. She was hired for her looks, but worked really hard and became a respected in-ring worker.

I think she's a slightly bit more on the nose fusion of Trish and Mickie James. It's the backstory of improving beyond sex appeal and becoming a solid worker combined with a Native heritage and the name Alexis

• Like 1

There are two guys from Pride Glory that really remind me of Mitsuharu Misawa: Mito Miwa and Yoshimi Mushashibo. They seem like two Misawa expys, with Miwa being the name expy and Mushashibo being the expy that almost duplicated Misawa's accomplishments as Mushashibo was the most successful pillar with 4 Glory Crown reigns tied.

Another Pride Glory guy that reminds me of Kenta Kobashi is Nobuatsu Tatsuko, mainly because his profile says he is the "Iron Man" for competing in several classic 60-minute matches in the company.

Out of Pride Glory, i'll go in my most favourite defunct promotion DAVE. Chris Caulfield literally screams Tommy Dreamer for me, Eric Tyler is Shane Douglas minus the teacher gimmick, Kurt Laramee is giving me New Jack vibes.

Now to Australia, there is one guy that caught my attention because on how similar he is to ECW's Sandman. That would be DIW's owner, the Comedian.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2023 at 5:13 PM, monrapi3 said:

There are two guys from Pride Glory that really remind me of Mitsuharu Misawa: Mito Miwa and Yoshimi Mushashibo. They seem like two Misawa expys, with Miwa being the name expy and Mushashibo being the expy that almost duplicated Misawa's accomplishments as Mushashibo was the most successful pillar with 4 Glory Crown reigns tied.

Another Pride Glory guy that reminds me of Kenta Kobashi is Nobuatsu Tatsuko, mainly because his profile says he is the "Iron Man" for competing in several classic 60-minute matches in the company.

Out of Pride Glory, i'll go in my most favourite defunct promotion DAVE. Chris Caulfield literally screams Tommy Dreamer for me, Eric Tyler is Shane Douglas minus the teacher gimmick, Kurt Laramee is giving me New Jack vibes.

Now to Australia, there is one guy that caught my attention because on how similar he is to ECW's Sandman. That would be DIW's owner, the Comedian.

Kind of felt Sayid Ali was supposed to be New Jack.

On 10/19/2023 at 2:13 AM, monrapi3 said:

Out of Pride Glory, i'll go in my most favourite defunct promotion DAVE. Chris Caulfield literally screams Tommy Dreamer for me, Eric Tyler is Shane Douglas minus the teacher gimmick,

In the 1997 mod, Eric Tyler is the leader of the School of Tradition in CGC. Absolutely a teacher gimmick.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, piggykins said:

Alicia Strong is absolutely Charlotte, right? 

No. Alicia Strong was more of a 'what if Hulk Hogan's daughter....". Remember, Alicia pre-dates Charlotte. Ashley was still playing volleyball when Alicia Strong was introduced. I don't think even Adam could've predicted what she would become back then.

On 10/7/2023 at 6:22 PM, Matt_Black said:

Alexis Lee Littlefeather is basically Trish Stratus. She was hired for her looks, but worked really hard and became a respected in-ring worker.

Trish wasn't the only one who did that. Wendi Richter did it too and her simplistic moveset is closer to Littlefeather's.

On 10/7/2023 at 6:44 PM, Chikbot said:

I think she's a slightly bit more on the nose fusion of Trish and Mickie James. It's the backstory of improving beyond sex appeal and becoming a solid worker combined with a Native heritage and the name Alexis

Never thought of that. Makes sense though.

16 hours ago, Remianen said:

No. Alicia Strong was more of a 'what if Hulk Hogan's daughter....". Remember, Alicia pre-dates Charlotte. Ashley was still playing volleyball when Alicia Strong was introduced. I don't think even Adam could've predicted what she would become back then.

She might be based on potential of Brooke Hogan becoming a wrestler but her heel turn has to be inspired by Charlotte imo

• Like 1