NWF: Disrupting The Market

XS vs JK Lee

JK continues to build momentum for his clash against Welsh Dragon.

Future X (Petey Barnes & Eric Future) vs The Party Animals (Rave & Trance)

The Party Animals continue their losing streak.

??? vs 'Big Mac' Nathan McKenzie

Nathan gets a win for the Network.

Red Dragon & Aurelian Bradley vs Bret Heartbreak & Chuck Frisby

Bret and Chuck have a title match and neither Red Dragon or Aurelian have any major matches in the future.

Darin Flynn vs Dwayne Dark

Darin continues to build for his fight with Edison and tension continues to build between Dwayne and the Frisby Foundation.

Commenting on the ongoing angles for the Frisby Foundation during the last episode.  I enjoyed it since I find the Frisby Foundation very interesting and I think that having an ongoing story play out on one show every once and a while can work.

• Thanks 1

XS vs JK Lee

Future X (Petey Barnes & Eric Future) vs The Party Animals (Rave & Trance)

??? vs 'Big Mac' Nathan McKenzie

Red Dragon & Aurelian Bradley vs Bret Heartbreak & Chuck Frisby

Darin Flynn vs Dwayne Dark

• Like 1

WrestleWorld GB & NWF Present:

NWFNationalWrestling.jpeg.44e2c625bf9724c6cf518454c67e98a1.jpeg

NWF National Wrestling

Episode #20

Wednesday W1 March 2021

Show Rating: 59

NWF.jpg.2d13b021b3d3fe3c78cf9a5e2a38dbf1.jpg

JackieGoldstein.jpg.a084380270029270c54caced86463ff4.jpg MelanieFlorence.jpg.8bcdd55babe237e3a3e7f53844ca4c36.jpg

Your Announce Team: Jackie Goldstein & Melanie Florence

Jackie Goldstein: “Hello and welcome back to NWF National Wrestling! We are only four days away from ‘March Madness’, and we have a jam packed show for you tonight!”

Melanie Florence: “We sure do Jackie! After seeing Bret Heartbreak and Chuck Frisby’s relationship grow closer and closer over the past few weeks, they make their much anticipated in-ring tag team debut tonight!”

Jackie Goldstein: “Their opponents this Sunday, NWF British Tag Team Champions Future X, will also be in action against The Party Animals.”

Melanie Florence: “But before all of that we kick off tonights show with the number one contender for the Cruiserweight title in action – as JK Lee faces newcomer XS.”

XS.jpg.7e2446c1606b9c20fc461f2fe4963b11.jpgvs.jpg.b065f641caebb85f6ffbd6b5449b0c2d.jpgJKLee.jpg.9a7f361b21e30531dcd9ada89ce2c532.jpg

XS VS “The Bulldog” JK Lee

This match saw the NWF debut of XS, a young Australian cruiserweight who had recently made the inexplicable choice to trade the warm Australian sun for the bleak, grey skies of London in the hope of finding regular work. Small, even for a Cruiserweight, the Australian relied on his impressive speed and agility to keep JK Lee off balance and had the better of the early exchanges.

However ‘The Bulldog’ was relentless, and JK Lee’s tenacity eventually overwhelmed his smaller opponent as Lee began to dominate on the ground. XS continued to show sparks of offence throughout the contest, but Lee was always able to shut it down and bring the match back to the mat. Around the ten minute mark, Lee was able to lock in his Crossface submission hold and with nowhere to go XS had no choice but to tap.

That should have been the end of things, but as he had weeks earlier JK Lee once again refused to break the hold. Referee Roy Worrall tried desperately to pull Lee off, but ‘The Bulldog’ refused to relinquish the hold – until the music of the NWF Cruiserweight champion blared out over the speakers. Welsh Dragon rushed the ring, causing JK Lee to bail out through the crowd. Welsh Dragon and JK Lee locked eyes as medics arrived in the ring to help XS. Tensions between the pair have reached boiling point, only days away from their title match at ‘March Madness’.

Rating: 41

FinkFinkleton.jpg.631166731119dafcc8f44a4bf4e2685c.jpg MoAdebola.jpg.538d91ff10e691ba1dc4f88f66b72def.jpg EdisonSilva.jpg.f0e003500731f261d8a3573c5f6581dd.jpg

We cut to the office of network executive Frank Finkleton who, as usual, was joined in his office by the NWF British Heavyweight champion Edison Silva and his legal representative Mo Adebola.

Mo Adebola: “You told me the Nate Manchester problem was dealt with Frank… so why is he back stopping your boys roughing up Flynn?”

Frank Finkleton: “Nate showing up was… unexpected, but don’t worry yourself over Nate Manchester Mo. You keep your focus on Darin Flynn and Mark Moore. In fact, why don’t you and the champ take the night off? Put your feet up and leave Mr Manchester to me? Can’t have anything happening to my biggest asset the week of ‘March Madness’.”

Mo Adebola: “Make sure you deal with it Frank, I don’t want anything getting in Edison’s way this Sunday…”

Rating: 52

PeteyBarnes.jpg.9b66064357601c04abae3d42352e8bc5.jpgEricFuture.jpg.43a10e31ab700ecdba1db506634bd209.jpgvs.jpg.b065f641caebb85f6ffbd6b5449b0c2d.jpgRave(2).jpg.5636bc70191d9cda73b0fef703345038.jpgTrance(2).jpg.5a36c5da0c8c23dde41b7d0eef50bda3.jpg

Future X (Petey Barnes & Eric Future) VS The Party Animals (Rave & Trance)

Amazingly, despite being two of the most experienced British teams on the circuit, this was the first time that Future X and The Party Animals had shared a ring. The match didn’t disappoint as Rave & Trance rolled back the years to put on an entertaining back and forth contest with the tag champions. In the end it was Future X who were able to hit Trance with the Future Shock DDT (Aided Double Arm DDT) to secure the win, but this match proved to be a real work out for the NWF British Tag Team Champions heading into their title defence at ‘March Madness’.

Rating: 50

HighSociety.jpg.97a99c8170e8e3674084528a50cc769b.jpg

JoeyBeauchamp.jpg.0080b8973ad5f81ad5e6f44233a9ba13.jpg Byron.jpg.d398793386a0f28d7b7013c61655c80c.jpg DylanDrama.jpg.614395a3630fbb18a4aaac95e92c5885.jpg

We cut to a shot of High Society sat at another fancy looking country club, all dressed to the nines enjoying afternoon tea.

Byron: “What Mr Moss fails to appreciate is the difference between new money and old money. Mr Moss may have made a bit of money from his music career, but he lacks the dignity of someone who has grown up with wealth. He may have the money, but until Mr Moss learns some manners he will never be a member of High Society…”

Dangermouth.jpg.28536e96df290906570142654104c866.jpg

Dangermouth (from off camera): “Is that so?”

Dangermouth appeared from off screen, having somehow gained access to the exclusive country club. The grime star grabbed a bottle of champagne from the nearest waiter and sprayed it all over the members of High Society, drenching their expensive suits. Byron looked down at his ruined suit, appalled, before making a run for it. Joey Beauchamp and Byron were able to escape, but Dangermouth was able to grab Dylan Drama – who had been sat nearest to the grime star. Dangermouth pulled Drama out of his jacket and shirt, before delivering his Flatliner (Reverse STO). Dangermouth flipped over the table previously occupied by High Society, before walking away – leaving a shirtless Dylan Drama out cold in the middle of the country club.

Rating: 53

_BlankBackground.jpg.11c8022acffe8ee83984c537c43ca507.jpgvs.jpg.b065f641caebb85f6ffbd6b5449b0c2d.jpgNathanMcKenzie.jpg.0b52a8e75b6a83d9e2ea10a3f8c52dde.jpg

Local Talent VS “Big Mac” Nathan McKenzie

Another dominant win for ‘Big Mac’, who made short work of the local talent this week. The Australian Heavyweight looked even more intense than usual, as he decimated his poor opponent. McKenzie secured an impressive victory with a Spear just after the five minute mark.

Rating: 43

NathanMcKenzie.jpg.0b52a8e75b6a83d9e2ea10a3f8c52dde.jpg

With victory secured, ‘Big Mac’ immediately grabbed a microphone to address Nate Manchester.

Nathan McKenzie: “I’ve got to wonder what kind of bogan gets out of hospital and puts his nose right back into my business… it’s madness. Which has given me an idea. So Nate, if that bung knee of yours can still support that tiny frame of yours, I’ve got an offer for ya.  How about this Sunday we have a little ‘March Madness’ of our own - No disqualifications, no countouts, nobody to save you when I blow that knee out for good…”

NateManchester.jpg.95fea13421dc7b26ec8cd83b30555d2b.jpg

The crowd erupted as Nate Manchester slid into the ring behind ‘Big Mac’, and cracked a chair around the big Australian’s head. The crowd rose to their feet as Nate Manchester scrambled to the top rope, and roared as ‘The Real Angel Of The North’ flew gracefully through the air to land his Manc-Sault! Manchester jumped back to his feet and grabbed the microphone off of the canvas.

Nate Manchester: “I’ll see ya Sunday lad!”

Rating: 49

RedDragon.jpg.7ff7187ea2a025a3dc5cec8e135dfa5b.jpgAurelianBradley.jpg.6d128132d7c36e7adae706dfba92a534.jpgvs.jpg.b065f641caebb85f6ffbd6b5449b0c2d.jpgChuckFrisby.jpg.b3ba5e6655a894ad85e5cf4ce85d6157.jpgBretHeartbreak.jpg.f084dd81c467527c133861b8e90bf367.jpgHollyLeves.jpg.3a4331def7e8a72098e170a3c2aedf20.jpg

Red Dragon & Aurelian Bradley VS Chuck Frisby & Bret Heartbreak w/ Holly Leves

The work Chuck & Bret put in during couples therapy last week looked to have really paid off as the pair, despite it being their first time teaming, showed a much greater understanding than their Welsh opponents who – despite sharing a nationality – showed zero chemistry teaming together.

The action went back and forth until around the eight-minute mark, with Red Dragon and Chuck Frisby the legal men. Red Dragon had Frisby pinned in a corner, and hoisted the personal trainer up onto the second rope. Frisby desperately tried to fight off the former 21CW World Champion, but soon Red Dragon had Frisby in position for a Superplex from the top rope. A panicked Frisby looked doomed, until Bret Heartbreak slid back into the ring to save his partner with a blow to the back of Red Dragon.

Heartbreak tossed Red Dragon over the top rope to the outside, and turned back to a terrified Chuck Frisby. Bret motioned for Chuck to climb down, but Chuck shook his head wildly refusing to move. After a moment, Bret seemed to have a brain wave and put both of his arms out in front of him and motioned to Chuck that he would catch him! Chuck shook his head even more violently, until Bret got the crowd involved in a “Trust Fall” chant. A resigned Chuck Frisby turned around, crossed his arms and fell backwards into a perfectly executed trust fall.

Bret & Chuck celebrated as if they had won the match, before Aurelian Bradley slid back into the ring and tried to catch the pair unawares. Luckily, Chuck saw him coming and pushed Bret to safety. Bradley landed a Clothesline on Chuck, but turned right into a Spinebuster from Bret – who immediately helped Chuck back to his feet. Bret hopped back out to the apron, was tagged in to the match by Chuck before climbing to the top rope to deliver his Heart Attack (Top Rope Flying Clothesline). Referee Roy Worrall made the count and Bret & Chuck celebrated a bond-strengthening victory only four days ahead of their title challenge.

Rating: 32

MoAdebola.jpg.538d91ff10e691ba1dc4f88f66b72def.jpg

We cut backstage to find Mo Adebola stood alone in the backstage refreshments area ordering a cup of tea. As Mo looked to walk away from the barista, he turned right into a waiting Darin Flynn and Mark Moore.

DarinFlynn.jpg.8087f7e9a9f628dd8411fbd51055e77f.jpg MarkMoore.jpg.a17ad69460c3cd858d39b78540fab91a.jpg

Mark Moore: “I know it was you who sent those goons after Darin last week Mo!”

Mo Adebola: “I don’t know what you’re talking about. Now if you’ll excuse me.”

The legal representative looked to push past Mark Moore, but Darin Flynn stepped across to block Mo Adebola’s path.

Mark Moore: “What’s the matter Mo, don’t think you’re guy can beat my guy fair and square?”

Mo Adebola: “Just so we’re clear, I had nothing to do with any ‘thugs’ you might have encountered last week. My client doesn’t need any help to hold on to his title thank you very much.”

Darin Flynn: “Then what were you doing in the ring at ‘London Calling’?”

Mo Adebola looked furious at Darin Flynn’s jibe, before he recovered and smirked.

Mo Adebola: “Why don’t you ask Landon Mallory… oh you can’t! He’s at home. Suspended.”

Mo Adebola turned on his heel to leave, before turning back for one final word.

Mo Adebola: “Speaking of being at home, that’s exactly where my client is – resting up ahead of Sunday. He’ll be watching your match tonight with great interest… break a leg!”

Mo Adebola stormed off, and the camera panned in on the face of Darin Flynn. He would be in action in tonight’s Main Event!

Rating: 59

DwayneDark.jpeg.0192b37c01372b1f544f3e5fa8381bbe.jpeg

We cut to the warm up area, where Dwayne Dark was once again using an exercise band to loosen up his shoulders ahead of the Main Event. Dark looked intense and focused, until his stablemate Stuart Wilson walked into shot.

StuartWilson.jpg.88e1f652c18a4b21c900a4b672a5f4b1.jpg

Stuart Wilson: “Ah just wanted to come by and say good luck… oh, and did ye see Chuck’s match earlier tonight? The way that wee kid caught him off the top rope… it was heartwarming. Not worried are ya?”

Dwayne Dark dropped his exercise band, and took a step forward so that he was nose to nose with the former Olympian.

Dwayne Dark: “I don’t care what Chuck and the kid are doing. My relationship with Chuck is pretty simple. Chuck gives me my program and I do it. You on the other hand are starting to piss me off.”

Stuart Wilson: “Ye want to be careful what ye say kiddo. I’m the big man in this group, and I’m more than happy to knock you off to prove it…”

Dwayne Dark chuckled, before pushing past Stuart Wilson to head to the ringside area.

Dwayne Dark: “Big man? Is that what you call taking matches against nobodies and has-beens? Now watch as I get the job done against a real opponent.”

Rating: 48

MarkMoore.jpg.a17ad69460c3cd858d39b78540fab91a.jpgDarinFlynn.jpg.8087f7e9a9f628dd8411fbd51055e77f.jpgvs.jpg.b065f641caebb85f6ffbd6b5449b0c2d.jpgDwayneDark.jpeg.0192b37c01372b1f544f3e5fa8381bbe.jpeg

“The Prodigy” Darin Flynn w/ Mark Moore VS Dwayne Dark

No Chuck Frisby at ringside for this one, with the personal trainer seemingly solely focused on his upcoming Tag Team Title match this Sunday. Even so, his client put in a fantastic performance as he pushed one of the brightest young talents in the country to his limits. This was a fascinating tussle between the power of Dwayne Dark and the technical mastery of Darin Flynn. The match revolved around Flynn continually trying to work Dark into position for his Prodigal Pressure submission hold, but Dark continually finding ways to power out. For his part, Dark was able to land a series of power moves and even looked to have legitimately KO’d “The Prodigy” with a fierce overhand right that Flynn kicked out of at the very last moment. After a hard fought twelve minutes, Flynn was finally able to lock in his Progical Pressure in the middle of the ring. Dark fought hard against the hold, and almost looked to have broken out again – but Flynn just about kept the hold locked in, and Dark eventually had to tap out.

Rating: 62

Jackie Goldstein: “What a match! A huge win for Darin Flynn ahead of his British Heavyweight Championship shot on Sunday!”

Melanie Florence: “That was a war Jackie, and you’ve got to wonder how much of that match Flynn will still be feeling on Sunday! If I was Edison Silva sat with my feet up at home, I’d be very happy with what I’d just seen…”

Jackie Goldstein: “There’s only one way to find out Melanie, and that’s to join us this Sunday on WrestleWorld GB for ‘March Madness’!

• Like 5

On 1/2/2024 at 1:32 AM, KyTeran said:

Commenting on the ongoing angles for the Frisby Foundation during the last episode.  I enjoyed it since I find the Frisby Foundation very interesting and I think that having an ongoing story play out on one show every once and a while can work.

Thanks for the feedback! I don't think it's something I will do regularly as it definitely lengthened the show, but maybe if something fits I might do something similar again.

Thank you to everybody who predicted and reacted to the go home show! I hope you enjoyed the episode, and hope to see everyone back for 'March Madness'. A big thanks to @John Lions for once again producing an amazing Event poster for me!

A high scoring episode all around. Congratulations to @azzak, @newbiezness, @Wrestling Machine & @KyTeran for getting perfect scores! Incredibly @azzak and @KyTeran are both still on for a perfect score for the combined contest, with @Wrestling Machine only one point behind - so all to play for in the final round of predictions!

Prediction Results for NWF National Wrestling Episode 19

@azzak 5/5

@newbiezness 5/5

@Wrestling Machine 5/5

@KyTeran 5/5

@smw88 4/5

@kanegan 4/5

@Marmo 4/5

Combined Prediction Results

@azzak 20/20

@KyTeran 20/20

@Wrestling Machine 19/20

@newbiezness 17/20

@smw88 16/20

@Marmo 16/20

@kanegan 15/20

@JunkRat 4/5

MarchMadness.thumb.png.32b1b25b66f5d37a38b7d53573dd6288.png

Predictions for NWF March Madness

NWF Cruiserweight Championship: Welsh Dragon (C) vs JK Lee

NWF British Tag Team Titles: Future X (C) vs Chuck Frisby & Bret Heartbreak w/ Holly Leves

Landon Mallory Open Challenge: Landon Mallory vs ???

March Madness Match: Nate Manchester vs 'Big Mac' Nathan McKenzie

NWF British Heavyweight Championship: Darin Flynn w/ Mark Moore vs Edison Silva (C) w/ Mo Adebola

Bonus 1: Who will answer Landon Mallory's Open Challenge? (1 point)

Bonus 2: How many titles will change hands at 'March Madness' (out of 3)? (1 point)

Tie Breaker: What will the three highest rated matches of the night be? (in order)

• Like 1

@John Lions ' poster is too good!

Welsh Dragon has been a great champion and at this point I think he should only drop the belt against someone really good, maybe it has to be a new signing

NWF British Tag Team Titles: Future X (C) vs Chuck Frisby & Bret Heartbreak w/ Holly Leves

I hope Frisby fails again because that would be much more fun! Plus Frisby is not good in-ring.

Landon Mallory is the top babyface in NWF and he is my pick to dethrone Edison Silva

Too early for Big Mac?

NWF British Heavyweight Championship: Darin Flynn w/ Mark Moore vs Edison Silva (C) w/ Mo Adebola

I won't be that much surprised if Darin Flynn wins, BUT I still believe in Landon Mallory to find a way to get the championship

It would be nice if  it's someone who can do the job putting really over Landon Mallory and also be the next Cruiserweight champion... I don't know if there's someone like that outside 21CW, so I choose Beau Bolder and hope he is available.

Bonus 2: How many titles will change hands at 'March Madness' (out of 3)? (1 point)

Tie Breaker: What will the three highest rated matches of the night be? (in order)

1. Darin Flynn vs Edison Silva

2. Welsh Dragon vs JK Lee

3. Landon Mallory vs ???

Edited by newbiezness
  • Like 1

@azzak @KyTeran I'm coming for ya neck lol

Predictions for NWF March Madness

NWF Cruiserweight Championship: Welsh Dragon (C) vs JK Lee I can see one title change during the event

NWF British Tag Team Titles: Future X (C) vs Chuck Frisby & Bret Heartbreak w/ Holly Leves but I really hope to be wrong here!!

Bonus 1: Who will answer Landon Mallory's Open Challenge? Hard to tell, maybe Dwayne Dark will go the extra mile again (1 point)

Bonus 2: How many titles will change hands at 'March Madness' (out of 3)? One (1 point)

1. British Heavyweight championship match

2. Cruiserweight championship match

3. March Madness match

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Wrestling Machine said:

@azzak @KyTeran I'm coming for ya neck lol

You do realise I could just predict exactly the same as you right now just to stop you? 😆

Luckily for you I won't do that - even though I think the PPV's have been where my predictions typically go down the pan for this diary!

Alas, I shall continue with that tradition with these predictions:

I like JK Lee between the ropes, and I wouldn't be disappointed with him winning here, but he's got as much charisma as a sheet of plywood. Actually that's quite unfair on plywood, they're typically made of multiple layers... Welsh Dragon continues to be the beating heart of the Cruiserweight division.

I'm going for it lads! I think the temptation is too much for you not to put the belts on Frisby Foundation here. They've been the most entertaining aspect of your shows while I think Future X just haven't landed as much as an act, and are probably better served chasing the belts rather than holding them.

Obviously this all depends on who the mystery opponent is, but Landon has featured heavily for you to date so I'm not going to bet against him.

From memory I'm not sure if Big Mac is tough and/or menacing enough to intimidate Manchester into the loss here, but that's what I'm going to speculate has happened backstage.

Though Silva gets the win I think the tension between him and Adebola continues to slowly build during these big, premium event matches - maybe the lawyer nearly costs Silva the title or something.

Shimpei Hirose
Is it any wonder my strong prediction scores always fall to pieces at the PPV with these sorts of predictions? No but seriously hear me out, in my saves Hirose and/or Kawagishi almost always fall out with Burning EXILE and quit EX2010. And the temptation is always to convince them to bring them in, they're so good. That's what I'm banking on here, especially because you're over a year into the game at this point, the falling out has likely already happened.

One
At least according to the predictions I've made above.

1. Darin Flynn vs Edison Silva
I'm guessing that this is the only match where neither competitor is considered 'unimportant'.

2. Landon Mallory vs ???
Mallory can't put on a bad match, and unless his opponent is The Minor Annoyance then this match should make the top three.

3. Nate Manchester vs Nathan McKenzie
In retrospect this match should probably be above the Landon Mallory match as Nate Manchester's popularity probably carries it just enough to a better rating, but I'll go for quality over popularity because that's real wrestling and not sports entertainment, damnit!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

NWF Cruiserweight Championship: Welsh Dragon (C) 

NWF British Tag Team Titles:  Chuck Frisby & Bret Heartbreak w/ Holly Leves

Landon Mallory Open Challenge: Landon Mallory 

March Madness Match:  'Big Mac' Nathan McKenzie

NWF British Heavyweight Championship:  Edison Silva (C) w/ Mo Adebola

No idea, stuart wilson 

1. Heavyweight 

2. Mallory challenge

3. Cruiserweight 

• Like 1

I like the story going on with Lee, but I think Welsh Dragon still retains here.

While I find the Frisby Foundation enjoyable I think it would make more sense for Chuck to lose than to win the tag titles.

Landon is going back on a winning streak.

I feel like Nate would complain about putting Nathan over so I think the Network fails to claim a win over Manchester.

I think I am taking a risk with this choice, but I feel that Mark could be the deciding factor against Mo trying to help Silva and Darin I think has the credibility to become the second British Heavyweight champion.

Bonus 1: Who will answer Landon Mallory's Open Challenge? Dwayne Dark (1 point)

After his stellar performance on the last show I feel that Dwayne has something to prove and will challenge Landon to try and prove himself.

Bonus 2: How many titles will change hands at 'March Madness' (out of 3)? 1 (1 point)

1. Darin Flynn vs Edison Silva

2. Landon's Open Challenge

3. Welsh Dragon vs JK Lee

• Like 1

WrestleWorld GB & NWF Present:

MarchMadness.thumb.png.bce6a3e83ee0b8b5cf1e4aeabf7e017f.png

Sunday W1 March 2021

Attendance: 934

Show Rating: 60

NWF.jpg.b8c5c3caebc42f60fe978328777b5708.jpg

JackieGoldstein.jpg.db5eb70719c22115837fcc5b197e55b1.jpg MelanieFlorence.jpg.f008e0aa7ed3f76cd0e02e2704ba7708.jpg

Your Announce Team: Jackie Goldstein & Melanie Florence

Jackie Goldstein: “Hello and welcome to ‘March Madness’, streaming live and exclusively at WrestleWorld GB! My name is Jackie Goldstein, and joining me at ringside is Melanie Florence!”

Melanie Florence: “Thanks Jackie! We have a huge night of action in store for you, as Edison Silva puts his NWF British Heavyweight Championship on the line against ‘The Prodigy’ Darin Flynn in tonight’s blockbuster Main Event!”

Jackie Goldstein: “We also find out if Chuck Frisby can help Bret Heartbreak finally get the title belt he so desperately desires!”

Melanie Florence: “While Chuck and Bret have certainly developed a bond over the past few weeks, but Future X have been teaming for the best part of two decades!”

Jackie Goldstein: “And we open the show with a grudge match for the NWF Cruiserweight Championship! Less than a month after injuring Bali Daljit, JK Lee challenges for Welsh Dragon’s title!”

Generic_Cruiserweight.jpeg.bfa485c59080eb72899cd9935e10a8d0.jpeg

WelshDragon.jpg.1def2cfde79eceae0b3853842bbb76e1.jpgvs.jpg.8f9193ae936bba4ba52b18dd4bb6dcb8.jpgJKLee.jpg.293d4b283b43e4e5cb78332e43e7fc56.jpgPadraigOHearne.jpg.3251afeeb8b754881b94343cf6706d9f.jpg

(C) Welsh Dragon VS “The Bulldog” JK Lee w/ Padraig O’Hearne

NWF Cruiserweight Championship

The bad blood following JK Lee injuring Welsh Dragon’s tag partner last month may have played a role in the Welshman’s early sloppiness. The Cruiserweight champion’s early aggression played right into his opponents hands, as JK Lee was able to establish control with a double leg takedown and ‘The Bulldog’s’ tenacious ground game overwhelmed Welsh Dragon.

The champion struggled to recover from his early mistake, and had a very scary moment early on as JK Lee looked to have locked in his Crossface submission – the same move that had put Bali Daljit on the shelf. Luckily for Welsh Dragon he is a self-confessed Gym rat, and the champion was able to power his way to the bottom rope to break the hold. Despite having to break the hold, Lee made sure to use all of his five count to inflict the most damage possible on the champion – much to the chagrin of referee Roy Worrall.

The ensuing argument between Lee and Worrall gave Welsh Dragon just enough time to recover and begin to mount his comeback! The lucha influence on the champions move set was clear to see, as Arm Drags, Drop Toe Holds, Hurricanranas, and more Arm Drags were on show! JK Lee looked rocked and in real trouble as Welsh Dragon headed to the top rope following a beautiful Dropkick, looking for his Dragon Kick (Spinning Thrust Kick from the top rope). Welsh Dragon leapt off and looked to have the match won, until JK Lee dragged the nearby Roy Worall in front of him to take the hit. While the referee didn’t protect JK Lee from all of the impact, it did man that there was nobody to make the count on any follow up pin attempt from the champion.

Welsh Dragon immediately went to check on Roy Worrall, firstly to make sure the referee was okay and secondly to try and rouse him to count the pinfall after hitting his finisher! Unfortunately for the Welshman there was no response, and, with his attention focused on waking up the referee, the champion hadn’t noticed Padraig O’Hearne slide into the ring behind him. O’Hearne span the champion round and delivered his Crowning Glory (Swinging Fishermans Neckbreaker), before quickly leaving the ring as referee Roy Worrall began to stir.

JK Lee was the first man back to his feet, and leapt into action – as he dragged the champion into the middle of the ring and this time locked the crossface in properly. Welsh Dragon fought hard against the hold, but the efforts of the contest meant he was too tired to muscle out of the hold as he had done earlier in the night. The Welshman cried out in anguish, as he had no choice but to tap out and relinquish his NWF Cruiserweight Championship.

Rating: 58

NateManchester.jpg.ccb9ff85ebde95999cc206c8be8ddd5f.jpg LeoPrice.jpg.9620bb200cd196e2cafe04c69622bb31.jpg Dangermouth.jpg.ea0d873d465235d9f0c4beedff224ee9.jpg

We cut backstage to find Leo Price wishing Nate Manchester luck in his ‘March Madness’ match against Nathan McKenzie. Price warned Manchester that Big Mac was a dangerous man, and tells the Geordie to be careful. Manchester thanks Price for his concern but assures his former tag team partner that he’s got this. The pair shook hands and Manchester walked out of shot, leaving Price and his protégé Dangermouth alone.

HighSociety.jpg.addc36cb4c2991883e0580bb5fff048f.jpg

DylanDrama.jpg.c1e595beb0783d6a7dd7033996be1938.jpg Byron.jpg.271bdd654e1311aa63efe4e239ff13b5.jpg JoeyBeauchamp.jpg.326f2194ff673bc4f6c8dceea5ea6c90.jpg

Byron: “YOU!”

High society walked into shot, looking irate with Dangermouth after the grime star had invaded one of the exclusive country clubs that High Society hold memberships at this past Wednesday.

Byron (to Leo Price): “Do you know what your little ‘protégé’ did? Do you know how hard it is to get a membership to that club? If Dylan’s father didn’t golf with the owner that little stunt would have cost us our membership!”

Leo Price(smiling): “Well there you go… no damage done!”

Byron: “No damage done? Your jumped up sidekick left Dylan lying topless in the middle of an exclusive members club! People will be talking about that for years!”

Dangermouth: “That’s what you’ve always wanted right? People talking about you…”

Dylan Drama (petulantly): “Do you know how much trouble you’ve caused for my father?”

Dangermouth: “And what you going to do about it daddy’s boy?”

Byron: “He’ll show you what the future of British Wrestling really looks like. We’ll see you on Wednesday night Mr. Moss.”

Rating: 47

BretHeartbreak.jpg.6b013920aa723a69b7e44cae7d8cd405.jpg ChuckFrisby.jpg.437623fb81e2a0363a178b18700eacec.jpg DwayneDark.jpeg.5d70db20dd55484636f07578c9dc197e.jpeg

The camera cuts to the backstage warm up area, where Chuck Frisby and Bret Heartbreak were preparing for the upcoming Tag Team title match. Dwayne Dark stood stoically in the background as Chuck Frisby ran through some positive affirmations.

StuartWilson.jpg.33b3c333b871c53ec56fb2be1122e3f4.jpg

Everything seemed calm until Stuart Wilson arrived to wish Bret and Chuck luck in their match. He joked that he hoped they went better than Dwayne had on Wednesday night. This barb was enough to get under Dark’s skin, and the two men were back nose-to-nose. Chuck tried in vain to get between the two men, telling them he had had enough of their bickering. Frisby told them to sort it out themselves as he and Bret had to focus on their match. Dark and Wilson both merely grunted before walking opposite directions out of shot, leaving Chuck and Bret alone in an awkward silence to prepare for their match.

Rating: 52

Generic_BritishTag.jpg.7bec0e660b6b975855d9e3d5cb47148c.jpgGeneric_BritishTag.jpg.7bec0e660b6b975855d9e3d5cb47148c.jpg

PeteyBarnes.jpg.fbb52d69006044d1357dd7d58fd74365.jpgEricFuture.jpg.d77d2fde1da571ecaefafa82579ebcc0.jpgvs.jpg.8f9193ae936bba4ba52b18dd4bb6dcb8.jpgChuckFrisby.jpg.437623fb81e2a0363a178b18700eacec.jpgBretHeartbreak.jpg.6b013920aa723a69b7e44cae7d8cd405.jpgHollyLeves.jpg.c27534718578f8016b987e91d6e3a9b4.jpg

(C) Future X (Petey Barnes & Eric Future) VS Chuck Frisby & Bret Heartbreak w/ Holly Leves

NWF British Tag Team Titles

While Chuck & Bret had put in a lot of work over the past month to build a bond, they were facing two men who had been teaming together for nearly two decades. This experience showed in the early part of the match as Future X successfully isolated Chuck Frisby in the corner. However the personal trainer was able to withstand the onslaught, and was eventually able to make the tag to Bret Heartbreak!

Bret hit the ring hot, hitting a big Clothesline on Petey Barnes before hitting Snap Suplex for a two count. Bret continued to push the pace as he headed to the top rope to look for his Heart Attack (Top Rope Diving Clothesline), but Barnes was able to avoid the move. Bret rolled through the landing and as the youngster looked to use the ropes to pull himself back to his feet, Petey Barnes was able to dump Bret over the top rope to the outside. Chuck Frisby immediately hit the ring, looking to avenge his partner – but almost immediately followed his partner over the top rope, landing right in the waiting arms of Bret Heartbreak who caught his partner to stop his fall. The pair looked delighted with themselves and high fived, but their joy was short lived as Petey Barnes came flying over the tope rope with a Suicide Dive that took out both men.

Barnes rolled Bret Heartbreak back into the ring and went back to work on the youngster. Future X utilised frequent tags to keep Bret Heartbreak isolated, before Bret was finally able to break free and make the tag to Chuck Frisby! The personal trainer hit the ring and took Petey Barnes down with a Shoulder Tackle, before flipping Eric Future over the top rope from the apron back into the ring. A fired up Frisby hit his Swinging Neckbreaker on Eric Future, but turned back into a Dropkick from the legal man Petey Barnes. Barnes followed up by whipping Frisby into the corner and hoisted the personal trainer up to first the middle rope, and then the top rope to set him up for a Superplex attempt. A terrified Chuck Frisby called for Bret’s help as he flailed wildly as he tried to fight out of the predicament. Unfortunatey Bret was still down on the outside recovering from the beatdown he had received prior to making the tag, so there was nobody to stop Petey Barnes Superplexing the terrified personal trainer from the top rope down to the mat below. Barnes made the cover and Frisby was unable to kick out, handing Future X their fourth successful title defence.

As Future X celebrated their win, Chuck Frisby pounded the mat in frustration. Bret Heartbreak slowly rolled back into the ring to check on his partner, but an irritable Frisby just asked Bret why he hadn’t stopped the Superplex before rolling out of the ring and storming to the back. Bret Heartbreak turned to Holly Leves looking for an explanation, but she looked just as confused as he did.

Rating: 51

LandonMallory.jpg.ea3a8ae1cb8c03a2948b83019b537843.jpg

The crowd erupted as ‘The Springbok’s’ theme played over the speakers. The NWF crowd seemed happy to see the South African after serving his short suspension for hitting the Springbok Ram (Gore) accidentally on Mo Adebola at ‘London Calling’.

Landon Mallory: Yebo! It’s good to be back! I’m glad to have the ‘madness’ of the past month behind me, so that I can get my focus back on the important things – like winning the NWF British Heavyweight Championship!”

The crowd roared their approval at the idea.

Landon Mallory: “Last time I laced up these boots, Padraig O’Hearne and I put on the best match in NWF history! Between the hearing and the suspension it’s been nearly a month since I’ve wrestled in an NWF ring, and I’m itching to get back into it. So… I’m issuing an open challenge to anyone in the locker room who wants to lock horns with ‘The Springbok’!”

The South African didn’t have to wait long, as Byron’s music blared out over the speakers. Melanie Florence was delighted, proclaiming that Mallory had bitten off more than he could chew with the 10x World Champion answering the challenge! Byron sauntered out from the back, accompanied by Dylan Drama and with a microphone in hand.

Byron.jpg.271bdd654e1311aa63efe4e239ff13b5.jpg DylanDrama.jpg.c1e595beb0783d6a7dd7033996be1938.jpg

Byron: “Do you know what, I’ve had just about enough of listening to people in this company trying to rationalise and justify assault. First Mr Moss attacks Dylan here, and you people cheer him!”

The crowd popped at the mention of Dangermouth’s attack at the country club, something that horrified Melanie Florence on commentary.

Byron: “It’s disgusting. And then you...” (Turning his attention to Landon Mallory) “You attack a helpless lawyer, and then act as if you’re being hard done by for being punished for it? There are certain rules in this business that you do not break, and one of those rules is that violence is between wrestlers only – ringside officials should not be fearing for their lives just for coming to work! You broke that rule, and Dylan here is going to make you pay for it!”

Dylan Drama: “Yeah… wait, what?”

Rating: 46

LandonMallory.jpg.ea3a8ae1cb8c03a2948b83019b537843.jpgvs.jpg.8f9193ae936bba4ba52b18dd4bb6dcb8.jpgDylanDrama.jpg.c1e595beb0783d6a7dd7033996be1938.jpgByron.jpg.271bdd654e1311aa63efe4e239ff13b5.jpg

“The Springbok” Landon Mallory VS Dylan Drama w/ Byron

Dylan Drama didn’t look overly happy to be in this match, and did everything in his power to avoid engaging with ‘The Springbok’. Drama continually slid out of the ring to avoid locking up, only returning to break the referees ten count. It got so bad, that Mallory resorted to sliding out after Drama and chasing the young aristocrat around the ring… but this had been the plan all along, and the South African ran straight into a European Uppercut from Byron.

With Mallory weakened, Drama slid back into the ring and began laying the boots into ‘The Springbok’. Mallory remained on the back foot as Drama looked to set him up for The Dramatic Conclusion (Headlock Driver), but the South African was able to power out of the Headlock and deliver a big Clothesline to take Drama off his feet. Before Drama could escape to the outside again, Mallory hoisted the young aristocrat onto his shoulder to deliver a Running Powerslam. ‘The Springbok’ stalked his prey and delivered a thunderous Springbok Ram (Gore) to secure his third victory on the bounce.

Rating: 46

NateManchester.jpg.ccb9ff85ebde95999cc206c8be8ddd5f.jpgvs.jpg.8f9193ae936bba4ba52b18dd4bb6dcb8.jpgNathanMcKenzie.jpg.ebb463fc15e3b9cf6cbd622c3ec30e35.jpg

“The Real Angel Of The North” Nate Manchester VS “Big Mac” Nathan McKenzie

March Madness Match

Nate Manchester came into this match with his previously injured knee taped up, but this didn’t seem to affect the Geordie as he started the match like a house on fire. Choosing a hit and run tactic, the Lightweight flew around the ring hitting his much larger opponent with a series of Dropkicks and a nice looking Swinging neckbreaker.

Sensing he was gaining momentum, Nate Manchester went to the top rope and hit a Flying Dropkick that took ‘Big Mac’ off his feet. Unfortunately for Nate, he landed awkwardly and immediately felt for his knee. The Geordie was able to get back to his feet, but he was now visibly hobbling. This created a target for his opponent, which the big Australian immediately took advantage of with a Shoulder Block to the back of the injured knee.

Now that ‘Big Mac’ had control, he began to take advantage of the March Madness rules. With no disqualifications and no count outs, ‘Big Mac’ threw Nate Manchester over the top rope to the outside and pushed one of the ringside assistants out of their chair. Much like last month at ‘London Calling’, Nathan McKenzie delivered chair shot after chair shot to the injured knee of his opponent. Unlike at ‘London Calling’ though nobody was coming to help Nate Manchester tonight. The Geordie slowly struggled back to his feet, using the ring apron for support, but was already struggling to stand before ‘Big Mac’ delivered a heavy chair shot to the back of ‘The Real Angel Of The North’.

The big Australian made no effort to cover Nate Manchester, instead mouthing off at the front row of the crowd. Seemingly irate with the NWF audience, ‘Big Mac’ hauled Nate Manchester off the ground and, in a feat of impressive power, threw the Geordie four rows deep into the audience. Nate landed hard amongst the fans, and made no attempt to regain his feet. ‘Big Mac’ continued arguing with the front row of fans, before striding into the crowd to retrieve his opponent. The crowd parted to allow the imposing Heavyweight through.

Just as ‘Big Mac’ got to his fallen opponent, he got into another shouting match – this time with Jackie Goldstein on commentary. Goldstein had been calling the Australian a bully, and questioning why he hadn’t ‘put down’ his injured opponent – which ‘Big Mac’ seemed to take offence to. The pair continued to shout at each other, until ‘Big Mac’ was shocked by a flash roll up from behind. Referee Roy Worrall had stayed close enough to the action to make the count, and somehow Nate Manchester was declared the shock victor – much to Jackie Goldstein’s delight!

Rating: 55

NathanMcKenzie.jpg.ebb463fc15e3b9cf6cbd622c3ec30e35.jpg NateManchester.jpg.ccb9ff85ebde95999cc206c8be8ddd5f.jpg

‘Big Mac’ Nathan McKenzie had been caught completely off guard and lost a match he had dominated. The big Australian was furious, and picked up the nearest chair to him and threw it into the ring.

Nate Manchester had been helped to his feet by referee Roy Worrall, and had his hand raised in victory… until Nathan McKenzie came flying in and hit the Geordie with a devastating Spear. Seemingly not happy with his work, ‘Big Mac’ hoisted the fallen Nate Manchester over his head and threw him towards Jackie Goldstein. Manchester landed on top of Goldstein, and both men ended up crumpled in a heap on the floor as McKenzie stomped to the back.

On commentary, a shocked Melanie Florence asked whether it had been wise for Nate Manchester to take this match. Leo Price ran out to check on his fallen friend as Jackie Goldstein dusted himself off and berated ‘Big Mac’ for his lack of professionalism. Melanie Florence had the final word as Manchester was loaded onto a stretcher, as she speculated that while Nate might have won the match, ‘Big Mac’ may have just won the war.

Rating: 51

Generic_BritishHeavyweight.jpg.e2889adef90bd754c02a15df01c07cf5.jpg

MarkMoore.jpg.72f7875268ed9023a3beb7baa4ad9d47.jpgDarinFlynn.jpg.a835bb5c9712401a3d35fb99cb9309d5.jpgvs.jpg.8f9193ae936bba4ba52b18dd4bb6dcb8.jpgEdisonSilva.jpg.c23c222f292e90d37b47a10bae7dbd3e.jpgMoAdebola.jpg.7eda657d9d29bdf2bb28f682355d0f84.jpg

“The Prodigy” Darin Flynn w/ Mark Moore VS Edison Silva (C) w/ Mo Adebola

NWF British Heavyweight Championship

Tonights Main Event had a big match feel to it, as two of the brightest young talents in British wrestling put it all on the line in a match for the NWF British Heavyweight Championship – and they didn’t disappoint. Darin Flynn is widely regarded as one of the best technicians in the country, but Edison Silva seemed to back his MMA training and made the mistake of grappling with ‘The Prodigy’ in the early stages. Unsurprisingly Flynn’s chain wrestling skills allowed the young starlet to assume control of the match and dictate the early tempo.

Silva looked to switch up tactics and turn the match into a brawl, but found Flynn to be a more than capable brawler too. ‘The Prodigy’ delivered heavy right hands, before earning a two count with a stiff Short Arm Lariat that wouldn’t have looked out of place in Japan. Mo Adebola was clearly becoming more and more frustrated at ringside, as he engaged in regular arguments with Mark Moore as the sports agents client maintained the initiative.

As Mo Adebola’s frustration grew he became more and more argumentative with referee Roy Worrall, eventually the continual interruptions annoyed Darin Flynn to the point that the youngster began arguing with Adebola – which finally offered Edison Silva a way back into the match. The champion immediately looked to get his dangerous elbows and knees into play with vicious strikes, but ‘The Prodigy’ was able to cover up and absorb the impact. Frustrated, Silva got too aggressive and, as he looked for another hard elbow, Flynn was able to dodge and deliver an elbow of his own that rocked the champion!

With his client in trouble, Mo Adebola hopped onto the apron again – but Roy Worrall had had enough of the constant interruptions, and ejected Mo Adebola from ringside! The legal representative couldn’t believe it and initially refused to go, causing Mark Moore to stomp around the ring and begin to physically drag Mo Adebola up the ramp. As this was all happening the match continued behind the referees back, and Darin Flynn was able to lock in his Prodigal Pressure on the champion!

Unfortunately for ‘The Prodigy’ all attention was on Mo Adebola, who was yelling at Mark Moore to unhand him, and threatening to sue everybody in the vicinity - Moore, the referee, nearby members of the crowd who were cheering…

AltonVicious.jpg.3764a1bf58021f41d5fc895abc690a5b.jpg RiddickJordan.jpg.ceb7f867ac0f94c348073a41509b76bd.jpg

The Northern Lights

During the chaos, neither Mark Moore nor referee Roy Worrall noticed as the The Northern Lights slid into the ring behind them. Edison Silva was frantically tapping out from the Prodigal Pressure hold, but Flynn was forced to release the hold by a hard boot to the head from Riddick Jordan. ‘The Prodigy’ was immediately scooped up by Alton Vicious for a Vicious Snap (Brainbuster), as Riddick Jordan helped Edison Silva back to his feet. With their work done, The Northern Lights exited the ring just as Mo Adebola was finally dragged behind the curtain by Mark Moore. Referee Roy Worrall turned back to the match just in time to see the Knee Strike KO from the champion, who collapsed exhausted into the cover to claim the fourth, and least convincing, title defence of his reign.

Rating: 64

Melanie Florence: “Once again Edison Silva clings on to his NWF British Heavyweight Championship, and once again he has Mo Adebola to thank for it!”

Jackie Goldstein: “Let’s not forget about The Northern Lights, he needed an army of helpers to get past Darin Flynn…”

Melanie Florence: “With the backing of The Network it’s going to be hard for anybody to dislodge Edison Silva as champion!”

Jackie Goldstein: “I don’t think that’s the last Edison Silva hears of ‘The Prodigy’. Flynn had him beat tonight, and Silva and Adebola both know it.”

• Like 4

I feel sorry for Welsh Dragon, he was protected by losing this way though. I can't see JK Lee holding that belt for too long.

Frisby's Foundation For Fitness is ready to explode. Dark and Wilson will come to blows sooner than later. Chuck and Bret don't have any future as a tag team IMO. The faction has been key for NWF so I think it won't disappear as it is still hot, but maybe we'll see a big reshuffle.

Landon Mallory wins matches, that's what he does. I think he will become the NWF Heavyweight champion soon.

To be honest I thought Big Mac would lose against Nate Manchester and that's why I didn't like this matchup in first place. At least it was a roll-up. I think Nate Manchester is becoming stale, maybe it's just that I don't like the fact that he doesn't want to put others over and his character doesn't interest me as much as the other top guys. Probably Big Mac will come on top in this feud and I think he should.

The Network and Mo Adebola saved Edison Silva once again. Darin Flynn looked good in the match. Good match and result. It seems that a rematch is mandatory. I think before Edison Silva loses the title the alliance with The Network will end.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 4:20 PM, KyTeran said:

I like the story going on with Lee, but I think Welsh Dragon still retains here.

On 1/3/2024 at 3:22 PM, azzak said:

I like JK Lee between the ropes, and I wouldn't be disappointed with him winning here, but he's got as much charisma as a sheet of plywood. Actually that's quite unfair on plywood, they're typically made of multiple layers... Welsh Dragon continues to be the beating heart of the Cruiserweight division.

On 1/3/2024 at 1:16 PM, newbiezness said:

Welsh Dragon has been a great champion and at this point I think he should only drop the belt against someone really good, maybe it has to be a new signing

A lot of people were surprised by the Cruiserweight title change, so I should probably explain myself. While Azzak makes a harsh but fair point about Lee's charisma, in-game he has gained a lot of popularity without me really doing anything to help him. He was more popular than Welsh Dragon heading into this match, having been 16 points less popular than him when I signed them. Given that Welsh Dragon has had a much stronger push in this diary, I felt I had to pull the trigger and give JK Lee the chance to really show what he can do. I think JK Lee's work with CWW is helping his pop, as he's cranking out 60+ matches every time he steps in the ring up in Wigan - so I'm hoping he can replicate that match quality in the NWF!

2 hours ago, newbiezness said:

Frisby's Foundation For Fitness is ready to explode. Dark and Wilson will come to blows sooner than later. Chuck and Bret don't have any future as a tag team IMO. The faction has been key for NWF so I think it won't disappear as it is still hot, but maybe we'll see a big reshuffle.

While I find the Frisby Foundation enjoyable I think it would make more sense for Chuck to lose than to win the tag titles.

I'm going for it lads! I think the temptation is too much for you not to put the belts on Frisby Foundation here. They've been the most entertaining aspect of your shows while I think Future X just haven't landed as much as an act, and are probably better served chasing the belts rather than holding them.

On 1/3/2024 at 2:36 PM, Wrestling Machine said:

NWF British Tag Team Titles: Future X (C) vs Chuck Frisby & Bret Heartbreak w/ Holly Leves but I really hope to be wrong here!!

On 1/3/2024 at 1:16 PM, newbiezness said:

I hope Frisby fails again because that would be much more fun! Plus Frisby is not good in-ring.

I was tempted to put the belts on Chuck and Bret, as I've had so much fun writing them, but that's not the story I've ot in mind for either of them. I agree with @azzak that Future X haven't really landed yet - they're not great promos, they're expensive to book because of travel costs and they're just kind of bland, talented babyfaces. They are definitely a team I need to work on going forwards. @newbiezness it definitely feels like the faction is at breaking point, but maybe Chuck can pull them back together!

Landon Mallory wins matches, that's what he does. I think he will become the NWF Heavyweight champion soon.

'The Springbok' certainly has his eye on the gold, but he'll have to find a way to get around Mo Adebola's legal trickery!

To be honest I thought Big Mac would lose against Nate Manchester and that's why I didn't like this matchup in first place. At least it was a roll-up. I think Nate Manchester is becoming stale, maybe it's just that I don't like the fact that he doesn't want to put others over and his character doesn't interest me as much as the other top guys. Probably Big Mac will come on top in this feud and I think he should.

I feel like Nate would complain about putting Nathan over so I think the Network fails to claim a win over Manchester.

From memory I'm not sure if Big Mac is tough and/or menacing enough to intimidate Manchester into the loss here, but that's what I'm going to speculate has happened backstage.

So I think I mentioned before that Nate Manchester ha caused multiple issues for me by refusing to put people over - and this was the big one I was referring to. In my plans 'Big Mac' was 100% meant to win here. I would have ideally liked to put him over at 'London Calling' to maintain his unbeaten streak, but I could have lived with giving Nate that win if he put over 'Big Mac' here. The problem I had was I'd made is no DQ and no countouts, so I couldn't do another cheap win for Nate - which is why it ended up being a flash roll up. The post match beatdown originally wasn't there, it was going to be an Adebola promo ahead of the ME. I added the beatdown to make 'Big Mac' at least look strong in defeat. My plans for Nate were essentially just to slowly transfer his pop onto other guys, but so far he hasn't been willing to lose to anyody except Edison Silva so I have had to rethink Nate's role going forwards.

The Network and Mo Adebola saved Edison Silva once again. Darin Flynn looked good in the match. Good match and result. It seems that a rematch is mandatory. I think before Edison Silva loses the title the alliance with The Network will end.

I think I am taking a risk with this choice, but I feel that Mark could be the deciding factor against Mo trying to help Silva and Darin I think has the credibility to become the second British Heavyweight champion.

Though Silva gets the win I think the tension between him and Adebola continues to slowly build during these big, premium event matches - maybe the lawyer nearly costs Silva the title or something.

Thanks @newbiezness! Darin Flynn has been excellent since signing, and pairing him up with Mark Moore has helped me give him a bit of direction I think. I'm happy with how The Network/Silva alliance has gone so far - I had an issue that Edison Silva was head and shoulders above the rest of the roster and winning cleanly every PPV. By adding a reliance on Adebola/The Network for his title defences, I'm hoping he feels a lot more vulnerable than he did at the start of the diary!

1 minute ago, Wrestling Machine said:

I really enjoyed the March Madness match! It was not an outlaw mudshow with dozens of objects used, but rather the No DQ rule was useful for storyline purposes. Good job and good overall show!

Thanks @Wrestling Machine! Glad you enjoyed the show! As I said above, this wasn't the original plan for the match. If Nate had agreed to put 'Big Mac' over, you probably would have seen more weapons as the Australian dismantled Manchester. However, I'm fairly happy with how the match turned out and the attack afterwards still lets me continue with something similar to the original story I had planned.

• Like 1

While my main save file is a bit ahead of where I've written to, I found a back up save file just after 'March Madness'. I thought it might be interesting for you all to see how the game perceives the wrestlers in the diary vs how they have been presented in my write ups. I've tried to go from most -> least popular for each perception rating, running left to right. If anyone has any questions on the below, let me know and I'll try and answer :)

Wrestlers

Major Stars

EdisonSilva.jpg.c797ba55cdc6deaa31607995a391fee4.jpgNateManchester.jpg.f6f38c59a6695c8d9f59e89b146e3aac.jpgDarinFlynn.jpg.bcbfaa5abea7da98fa072e9c2fe5959b.jpg

Edison Silva | Nate Manchester | Darin Flynn

Stars

None

Well Known

JKLee.jpg.3ea412ba01e7a2a76f91445c50942876.jpgWelshDragon.jpg.8f470325e2152441b68488de5c3cc568.jpgStuartWilson.jpg.e80ea49628a6cd22c70c612045d6ea48.jpgPeteyBarnes.jpg.022cd564b0b75281f47db0bc6b97e88d.jpgDangermouth.jpg.ba05fac43308c64ff80d996da85318a3.jpg

JK Lee | Welsh Dragon | Stuart Wilson | Petey Barnes | Dangermouth

Recognisable

Byron.jpg.a7276b5311456f89ad0f4b5d30199df1.jpgEricFuture.jpg.0d7d415350bdbeba693eec2cb8ed7558.jpgRiddickJordan.jpg.05e442150cab1c236bbd666876ffabea.jpgAltonVicious.jpg.9c45e922d31044cf860f79e046801ad6.jpgLeightonBuzzard.jpg.cdb72d012d17a40127814f0c23ea37bc.jpgLandonMallory.jpg.8c35b2e77f552d0bc44dfb9e16a73dc7.jpgDwayneDark.jpeg.aebb98f2e5fd3fd4329a4b7c31512674.jpegRedDragon.jpg.b76c65848e461f674bd61acdff6e79b5.jpgMartinHeath.jpg.08d879a67134bf51c1869e9d13faa0d5.jpg

Byron | Eric Future | Riddick Jordan | Alton Vicious | Leighton Buzzard | Landon Mallory | Dwayne Dark | Red Dragon | Martin Heath

Unimportant

PadraigOHearne.jpg.a9c5ab96607b3aa2f398385470d3e991.jpgChuckFrisby.jpg.51ae80e407908b8f339118bba3b0349e.jpgGrantTaypen.jpg.2556525fb3f06034a4ba6c2c6b7abba8.jpgJonMichaelSharp.jpg.7e2748712afd68951747868078efe41a.jpgJoeyBeauchamp.jpg.75a715a24fae4ae418a62bf458fd3816.jpgCainCarlile.jpg.274de62ee63f5786ce542f580b6dc5ca.jpg

Padraig O'Hearne | Chuck Frisby | Grant Taypen | Jon Michael Sharp | Joey Beauchamp | Cain Carlile

NathanMcKenzie.jpg.81fc047da72fd99043481981c2ae9ee8.jpgBrilliantWhite.jpg.700acdeee671c59b8976020574c2d4d3.jpgBretHeartbreak.jpg.c98189d9b7ec62c12a354e42af3982ce.jpgBaliDaljit.jpg.b5a1059f2b7282b92885cc7f104a65f5.jpgDylanDrama.jpg.4ccd06d7e6ac985dc4302e41f2fa015f.jpg

'Big Mac' Nathan McKenzie | Brilliant White | Bret Heartbreak | Bali Daljit | Dylan Drama

Staff

Major Stars

LeoPrice.jpg.939a4e7414a1174ec3a3a3536bfb9c7b.jpg

Leo Price

Stars 

None

Well Known

None

Recognisable

MelanieFlorence.jpg.5596469b67a6eeafaa2cfd5612466943.jpgMarkMoore.jpg.c86bcef70063b7120db7be5528fedbf3.jpgMoAdebola.jpg.129bf8810cb45374416154ba42e72e31.jpg

Melanie Florence | Mark Moore | Mo Adebola

Unimportant

JackieGoldstein.jpg.b692cb090d4cea0a5b7d0833b228e318.jpgRoyWorrall.jpg.388ba5909915a1ee554e8e9f214861cd.jpgHollyLeves.jpg.3546e5b68921a3c3a1f684d0fa94f50d.jpgFinkFinkleton.jpg.cfc298b0de92e360cd9463cc71705fb3.jpg

Jackie Goldstein | Roy Worrall | Holly Leves | Frank Finkleton

I'm not sure how useful or interesting this post will be to anyone, but thought I'd throw it up in case anyone was interested. I know some people don't want to 'see behind the curtain', but while in-game pop isn't the main metric I use when I'm booking, it can obviously have an impact as we saw at 'March Madness' with the results to the Nate Manchester/Big Mac and Welsh Dragon/JK Lee matches.

• Like 3

I thought Landon Mallory would be well known at least by this point. He has still a long way to go, although his potential is undeniable.

Nate Manchester as you have already said is an obvious pick to transfer some popularity from the top to the bottom, I hope you can find a way.

Joey Beauchamp is another one that surprised me because reading the diary he seemed more important to me. You did a good job with him.

I thought Red Dragon as a former 21CW champion was more popular too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, newbiezness said:

I thought Landon Mallory would be well known at least by this point. He has still a long way to go, although his potential is undeniable.

Nate Manchester as you have already said is an obvious pick to transfer some popularity from the top to the bottom, I hope you can find a way.

Joey Beauchamp is another one that surprised me because reading the diary he seemed more important to me. You did a good job with him.

I thought Red Dragon as a former 21CW champion was more popular too.

Agreed on Landon Mallory, I'm desperately trying to rush him up the card but it's just not happening as quickly as I'd like!

Red Dragon did arrive as Well Known (he was in Dangermouth's current spot), but has lost a lot since arriving so has fallen down the card. HE has probably been my most disappointing signing to date, but I do have one more thing planned for him before I bin him off...

Thank you to everybody who commented, predicted and reacted to 'March Madness'. I hope everone enjoyed the show, I was fairly happy with how it turned out! As always I'd like to thank @John Lions for his amazing work on the event poster!

'March Madness' was the final event in this round of the prediction contest. It was incredibly tight going into the final round, with 3 predictors separated by only one point. In the end @azzak came up just short, finishing one point behind both @Wrestling Machine and @KyTeran who finished tied on 24 points! However, @Wrestling Machine picked the top three rated matches perfectly to take the win!

I did actually have two possible prizes in mind this month, so given it was a tie I will offer @Wrestling Machine his choice of both prizes and then I will offer the remaining price to @KyTeran. I hope that works for both of you - keep an eye on your inboxes.

Prediction Results for March Madness

@Wrestling Machine 4/5 + 1 point

@newbiezness 4/5 + 0 points

@KyTeran 3/5 + 1 point

@azzak 2/5 + 1 point

@smw88 2/5 + 1 point

Combined Prediction Results

@KyTeran 24/27

@Wrestling Machine 24/27

@azzak 23/27

@newbiezness 21/27

@smw88 19/27

@Marmo 16/20

@kanegan 15/20

@JunkRat 4/5

With 'March Madness' out of the way, it is time to start a new round of predictions. Hope to see everyone back for it!

Predictions for NWF National Wrestling Episode 21

Landon Mallory vs Stardust Phil Cox

??? vs Dwayne Dark

Aurelian Bradley vs 'Big Mac' Nathan McKenzie

Dangermouth vs Dylan Drama w/ Byron

NWF British Tag Team Titles: Future X (C) vs Lee & O'Hearne

• Like 1

??? vs Dwayne Dark

NWF British Tag Team Titles: Future X (C) vs Lee & O'Hearne

• Like 1

??? vs Dwayne Dark

• Like 1

Landon continues his way up the card.

??? vs Dwayne Dark

Dwayne could use a win here.

Nathan bounces back after his loss to Nate Manchester.

I think that Dylan is the fall guy for High Society.

I don't think Lee is becoming a double champion tonight.

• Like 1